Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bryce English decommits from UCLA... (KSU lean)

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, October 21, 2014, 08:57:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Boot_stops_here

And is now looking at Arkansas, TCU and Arizona St per Damon Sayles (Big 12 recruiting analyst)

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

onebadrubi

I believe I saw him and Bielema talking on the field before theUGA game?

forrest city joe

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on October 21, 2014, 08:57:13 pm
And is now looking at Arkansas, TCU and Arizona St per Damon Sayles (Big 12 recruiting analyst)
Reminds me of former SMU player Jerry Ball. would be nice if he picks Arkansas.

lumphog

I just saw on 247 where he decommited from Texas in April before commiting to UCLA.......I didn't know that.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

Music City Hog

I was playing with the 247 ranking calculator. We are currently ranked 20th.  If right this minute we added commitments from English, Pettway, Greenlaw, Reggie Walker, and Derek Graham then we would move to 17th.

That's 5 solid commits that are probably projected to be Hogs combined with no additions by other teams and we only jump 3 spots. Once you break that 20th spot, it's hard to move much.  Just thought that was interesting. 

Add Haughton, the highest ranked guy of all these guys, and we move to 16th.   Again,  this takes into account no additions by any other team which won't happen.

redeye

Quote from: Music City Hog on October 21, 2014, 11:14:59 pm
I was playing with the 247 ranking calculator. We are currently ranked 20th.  If right this minute we added commitments from English, Pettway, Greenlaw, Reggie Walker, and Derek Graham then we would move to 17th.

That's 5 solid commits that are probably projected to be Hogs combined with no additions by other teams and we only jump 3 spots. Once you break that 20th spot, it's hard to move much.  Just thought that was interesting. 

Add Haughton, the highest ranked guy of all these guys, and we move to 16th.   Again,  this takes into account no additions by any other team which won't happen.

If that happened, we'd also have surpassed last year's points (~215), when we finished 30th.  Considering how they assign points, it'll probably be difficult to move up much more, unless we sign more 4+ star recruits.  Doesn't matter much to me, though, because this is a solid class.

P.S. A Vandy writer just picked English to Arkansas.

The_Iceman

PorkRinds

De-committing three days after a visit to our campus can't be a bad sign.  Doesn't mean he's a lock, but it can't be bad.

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Pork Twain

Arkansas is getting it done with solid players and a low miss-rate
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

The Recruiting Guy

FWIW, when I was down at his school I was told it was going to happen. Just a matter of time. Was asked not to say anything

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 22, 2014, 10:05:12 am
FWIW, when I was down at his school I was told it was going to happen. Just a matter of time. Was asked not to say anything

I'm sure there's plenty of things that you know and can't repeat. I would love to know half the stuff you see on a daily basis. You have worked extremely hard to get to this point. Doin' good things Davenport.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

secneahog

Big time high school program out of Texas.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

IntegrityHog

Quote from: lumphog on October 21, 2014, 10:13:41 pm
I just saw on 247 where he decommited from Texas in April before commiting to UCLA.......I didn't know that.

Decommit once, shame on me.  Decommit twice....you can't decommit again.

SPAL

Quote from: 010HogFan on October 22, 2014, 01:17:16 pm
that's him. did I mention he's fast?

Not sure you heard or not, but Usain Bolt forfeited all his gold medals saying that had he ran against tanner, he wouldn't have them anyway.

jjdlc

Quote from: IntegrityHog on October 22, 2014, 04:09:31 pm
Decommit once, shame on me.  Decommit twice....you can't decommit again.

If I remember correctly, his decommit from Texas was due to the change in coaching there.  Hard to fault a kid for that.

WBC Hog

I can't help but notice when you cover certain players closer. I think it was the week we played Texas Tech, you were in the DFW area covering him and a few others but English very closely. I take stuff like that as a hint from you.

I may be looking too much into it lol

nonamer66

That kid is AWESOME. I hope we get him. He looks like he could start in his first year.

ThisTeetsTaken

Is his high school the same one Eric Hawkins went to?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

redeye

It would be awesome if he committed to Arkansas tonight on national television.

TX HOG

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 22, 2014, 09:12:20 pm
Is his high school the same one Eric Hawkins went to?

Pretty sure Eric is from longview

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Did he cool down on us after the Little Rock visit?  Haven't heard much since

Hogberry Snortcake

So I guess there's no news on English?

Virgil

I thought this was a Bryce English post?? 
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

sowmonella

Soooo........... Bryce English decommits from UCLA???  Any news on our chances?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

OLDHOG

Well if you say it I believe it. Thanks for what you do Richard.