Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Portland upsets #22 Gonzaga

Started by -Blu, January 10, 2014, 12:50:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Looks like we aren't the only team to be upset on our road opener.

What's ironic is Portland also lost to University of North Texas as well.... at home.  Portland also has losses to the Montana State Bobcats, San Francisco Dons, and Santa Clara Broncos.  But they managed to beat Gonzaga.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: -Blu on January 10, 2014, 12:50:04 am
Looks like we aren't the only team to be upset on our road opener.

What's ironic is Portland also lost to University of North Texas as well.... at home.  Portland also has losses to the Montana State Bobcats, San Francisco Dons, and Santa Clara Broncos.  But they managed to beat Gonzaga.
Fire Mark Few!

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

3kgthog

Let's get the UNT coach. He seems AWESOME at winning road games!

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 10, 2014, 03:00:09 am
Lol I admit, that's pretty funny

-Blu

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 10, 2014, 03:00:09 am

He's got the formula.  Beat the bad teams on the road, that the good teams can't beat.

Kevin

would you want to compare few's record on the road vs anderson's
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

go hogues

Love me some WCC basketball!

#gowaves
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Marshfieldhog

I'm sure Few has won a few more road games than Anderson. It's actually a trend since Anderson has been a coach at 3 different stops.

HamIAm

January 10, 2014, 09:48:44 am #9 Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:19:52 am by HamIAm
Gonzaga's road record since 2002 under Mark Few is 91-33.  The worst road record his teams had in that time they were 2 games above .500. In 2012 his team was 12-1 on the road.

When's the last time we were 2 games above .500 on the road or only had one road loss for the year?

Breems

Quote from: Kevin on January 10, 2014, 09:11:58 am
would you want to compare few's record on the road vs anderson's

Nope. All that matters is the first conference road game. Few should be canned. We need to send half of Jump Ball over there to help ignite the flame.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Qbackinman

I think Gonzaga is dealing with some injuries and Stockton's kid has had the flu. They weren't at full strength or haven't been recently.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: HamIAm on January 10, 2014, 09:48:44 am
Gonzaga's road record since 2002 under Mark Few is 91-33.  The worst road record his teams had in that time they were 2 games above .500. In 2012 his team was 12-1 on the road.

When's the last time we were 2 games above .500 on the road or only had one road loss for the year?

Nipsey Mussle

That's precisely the difference in how I'm seeing things and most on here are seeing them.... I look at it as our first road game, and you guys see it as an extension of the previous two years. Let's hope our players don't see it that way.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Breems on January 10, 2014, 10:05:01 am
Nope. All that matters is the first conference road game. Few should be canned. We need to send half of Jump Ball over there to help ignite the flame.

Clearly an overpaid piece of crap.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

-Blu

Quote from: HamIAm on January 10, 2014, 09:48:44 am

If you want to play it like that.... what's Mike Anderson's record since 2002...

Check and mate.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: -Blu on January 10, 2014, 04:23:51 pm
If you want to play it like that.... what's Mike Anderson's record since 2002...

Check and mate.

Coach A's road record since 02-03 is 44-76. I don't know what 'mate' you think you're checking.

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

-Blu

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 10, 2014, 04:41:07 pm
Coach A's road record since 02-03 is 44-76. I don't know what 'mate' you think you're checking.

I clearly said "record" not road record.  We know CMA doesn't have the best record on the road, I don't think anyone can logically debate against that.  I'm more concerned about his overall record and success that he has had.  I'll take 3 or 4 true road wins and a 90+% home record, and ability to win on the neutral court in conference and NCAA tournament all day every day.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: -Blu on January 10, 2014, 05:01:28 pm
I clearly said "record" not road record.  We know CMA doesn't have the best record on the road, I don't think anyone can logically debate against that.  I'm more concerned about his overall record and success that he has had.  I'll take 3 or 4 true road wins and a 90+% home record, and ability to win on the neutral court in conference and NCAA tournament all day every day.

Only one, of Mike's eleven teams, won four (4) or fewer road games in a season and made it into the Big Dance. That team was an #11 seed that lost in the first round to Cincinnati, by 15 points.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

-Blu

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 10, 2014, 05:26:49 pm
Only one, of Mike's eleven teams, won four (4) or fewer road games in a season and made it into the Big Dance. That team was an #11 seed that lost in the first round to Cincinnati, by 15 points.

Ok, I don't have time to google all of his teams to confirm or deny that, so just let me rephrase myself.  Whatever he's done in the past to get to the tournament, I'll take it. 

Continuing to argue about Mike's road record is completely pointless.  We knew when we hired him, even with a good team, at best he's average on the road.  What he is getting paid to do is to get us into the tournament.  If that means he has to win all of the conference home games and win 2 true road games that's fine by me. We would have a problem if historically he's shown he can't win a neutral court against good teams.  But a conference tournament championship, an elite 8 appearance, and sweet 16 appearance disproves that theory.  That's all I'm worried about, everything else is irrelevant to me.

Big Nasty 34

A big non conference road test really helped us last year...