Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stoops is gona eat his words about what he said about the SEC

Started by Ben, January 02, 2014, 07:36:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hhicNaychaBoi

Stoops kicked sabans butt....maybe stooos wad right.....gus will lose the nc also

HogFanatic

L
M
A
O
!!!!
Stoops just punked out Saban.
Later Nick.
Have fun in retirement.

Ben

Mods....dump my thread in the trash can. Thank you kindly
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

hoglady

Oklahoma QB played lights out tonight.
If he truly is this good and can play this well on a regular basis - watch out for the Sooners the next few years.
The line on this game was absolutely ridiculous to begin with.
Bama by 16 1/2 over Oklahoma - talk about disrespecting a decent team.
Hate that Bama lost - but Oklahoma deserved the win.
Bama got outplayed and outcoached.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hhicNaychaBoi

Quote from: Ben on January 02, 2014, 11:25:01 pm
hogville needs a wall of shame lol

seasonhog

LRRandy

This is fun, isn't it.

wupigsuey

lol. head up bro, we've all been there.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

hobhog

Had to laugh at shocked and crying Bama fans. They can't fathom it.....

jabohog

Quote from: Next1_04 on January 02, 2014, 08:21:23 pm
Kirks Tweet

@KirkHerbstreit: Standing right next to Bob Stoops. Sooners are FIRED UP. Momentum clearly has shifted inside the Dome. Sarcastic "SEC" chants by OU fans."
Yeah Kirk's B1G can't win a bowl so he needs to root for somebody that can.

HogFanatic

Quote from: hobhog on January 02, 2014, 11:43:07 pm
Had to laugh at shocked and crying Bama fans. They can't fathom it.....

Exactly.

To those asshokes losing two in a row is like the end of the world.

I seriously hope they lose their next 300 games.

porkrindjimmy

jabohog

Just goes to show, when Arkansas fans start rooting for another team, they set to losing.

PonderinHog

seasonhog

jabohog

Bama's defense ain't what it used to be, we all knew that. What gets me is their offensive game plan against a team that has seen every passing offense there is. BAMA, run the ball. They left the power running game offense just so MaCarron could prove he was the player of the year by trying to pass. Saban has more obvious troubles with his financial problems and OK just kicked Holtz and MayDays and all ESPins favorite team butt.

HogFanatic

It is so easy to see that Alabama expects nothing less than to win every single game.
As a program you want that culture.
As a program that does not have that culture, its hilarious to see them trip up,

I honestly think Saban is done.
That was the second most points Alabama has EVER given up in a bowl game.
He was punked out.

His team expects to win. Simple as that.
If they face heart, they will lose.

If he stays, he may lose 3 games next year.
Hasta luego

Atlhogfan1

Bama fans lack perspective.  I know.  Stating the obvious.  3 NC's in 4 seasons.  In my lifetime, I believe they have won 6.  I hate losing to OU too.  They can be horrible people to be around.  But my gosh, enjoy New Orleans.  Take the loss and go have a drink and some good etouffee.  You are still fans of the best program in college football who will have one of the top 2-3 recruiting classes again. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

RebelliousHog

I was afraid Bama would be like the Utah game and not take it seriously. I'm not saying OU didn't play well, but does anyone really believe that if Bama played their BEST that  OU could beat them?

This was a trap game. Bama been to the BCSCG 3 times in the last 4 years? This was a letdown for them.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

HogFanatic

Quote from: HenduHog on January 03, 2014, 12:00:08 am
I was afraid Bama would be like the Utah game and not take it seriously. I'm not saying OU didn't play well, but does anyone really believe that if Bama played their BEST that  OU could beat them?

This was a trap game. Bama been to the BCSCG 3 times in the last 4 years? This was a letdown for them.

Who gives a damn if that was a "trap" game??!
What you're really saying is that if Alabama doesn't play for a Natty and win every single damn football game their football team cannot compete with a Big Twelve team that literally called out the SEC at the beginning of the season.

I literally think this is hilarious and may mark the beginning of the end for Saban at Alabama.

Stoops just became the first coach to win hree of the BCS Bowls during the BCS era...

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HogFanatic on January 03, 2014, 12:08:01 am
What you're really saying is that if Alabama doesn't play for a Natty and win every single damn football game their football team cannot compete with a Big Twelve team that literally called out the SEC at the beginning of the season.

I literally think this is hilarious and may mark the beginning of the end for Saban at Alabama.

Stoops just became the first coach to win hree of the BCS Bowls during the BCS era...

[/
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

MuskogeeHogFan

Stoops has more BCS appearances than any other coach (9 in 15 years) but he is also 4-5 in those games and 1-3 in the BCS NCG over that time.
Go Hogs Go!

NWASooner

Bama lost because their defense isn't geared towards hurry up offenses.  They have big, physical lineman and if you notice, they're constantly substituting and looking to the sidelines for adjustments. 

A&M, Auburn, and now OU have given Bama fits....

Wants2Win

Wants2Win

This is complete BS.

Hugulus Hog

Quote from: Wants2Win on January 03, 2014, 07:27:42 am
This is complete BS.

THIS.

OU came ready to play, beat the tar out of bama and handed them an historic loss.

I suspect that Stoops is eating his words with a great steak and champagne right now.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 02, 2014, 11:23:40 pm
They must taste sweet.

The blueprint for how to take away Bama's advantage in physical dominance and have the best chance to beat them has been put on public display for all to see. Ignore it at your own peril.

You mean have them turn the ball over four times. Wow if only they would do that against every team they play. That blueprint also is having a pretty good team yourself.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Simple Swineman

I am as big of an SEC homer as anybody, but I gotta say once the outcome was obvious last night it was thoroughly enjoyable watching the Bama fans in misery.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on January 03, 2014, 07:32:09 am
THIS.

OU came ready to play, beat the tar out of bama and handed them an historic loss.

I suspect that Stoops is eating his words with a great steak and champagne right now.

Historic loss? I don't think so. Oklahoma isn't the Citadel or ULM.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PonderinHog

Quote from: Simple Swineman on January 03, 2014, 07:37:04 am
I am as big of an SEC homer as anybody, but I gotta say once the outcome was obvious last night it was thoroughly enjoyable watching the Bama fans in misery.
And somewhere, JLS is even more confused.  ;)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NWASooner on January 03, 2014, 06:55:34 am
Bama lost because their defense isn't geared towards hurry up offenses.  They have big, physical lineman and if you notice, they're constantly substituting and looking to the sidelines for adjustments. 

No Bama lost because they had 4 turnovers. I will say OU does have a good offense but look how many of their points were results of TO's.

Inhogswetrust

Ah yes the proverbial I don't like where things are going in "my" thread because I'm having to eat crow so let's can it routine. Where I come from the only thing worse than a quitter is a hypocrite.

Hog N Bama

Watching Nicky squirm and cuss along with sad Bama fan faces was worth it all!! ;D

Pork Twain

Obviously Texas recruits just won't get it done against the SEC...

/sarcasm
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

tomw

looks like stoops backed up what he said...big12 just handed one of the best teams in sec a butt whooping.....  bama had their bubble busted by auburn and they played like they were still defeated

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tomw on January 03, 2014, 08:33:22 am
looks like stoops backed up what he said...big12 just handed one of the best teams in sec a butt whooping.....  bama had their bubble busted by auburn and they played like they were still defeated

If you consider handing a good team like OU a victory on a silver platter via FOUR turnovers a butt whipping then I guess you're right. Handing an opponent a victory is not the same as getting butt whipped by them.

GS99

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 03, 2014, 07:43:53 am
No Bama lost because they had 4 turnovers. I will say OU does have a good offense but look how many of their points were results of TO's.

But Bama only scored the points they did because the Sooners didn't tackle them.  Look at how many of Bama's points were scored because the Sooners didn't tackle the guy before he crossed the goal line.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 03, 2014, 08:38:05 am
If you consider handing a good team like OU a victory on a silver platter via FOUR turnovers a butt whipping then I guess you're right. Handing an opponent a victory is not the same as getting butt whipped by them.
Did OU not have anything to do with those turnovers?  Their defense was very good in this game.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

HF#1

Quote from: NWASooner on January 03, 2014, 06:55:34 am

Turning the football over doesn't help either.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Wants2Win on January 03, 2014, 07:27:42 am
This is complete BS.

Well excuse my ass for having an opinion. I guess you two are the only ones who have one that count.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GS99 on January 03, 2014, 08:38:22 am
But Bama only scored the points they did because the Sooners didn't tackle them.  Look at how many of Bama's points were scored because the Sooners didn't tackle the guy before he crossed the goal line.

Can be said in the reverse also. BOTH teams have to tackle AND play as mistake free as possible. OU did, Bama didn't. There is a reason that turnovers drive more coaches to early graves than anything else.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BeoPig™ on January 03, 2014, 08:40:35 am
Did OU not have anything to do with those turnovers?  Their defense was very good in this game.

I would say only one was forced and it was at the end of the game with OU knowing Bama had to pass so the rush was brutal. I will say OU's rush was good the entire game though.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 03, 2014, 09:24:19 am
I would say only one was forced and it was at the end of the game with OU knowing Bama had to pass so the rush was brutal. I will say OU's rush was good the entire game though.
I would say that a very good and very consistent pass rush can lead to a lot of turnovers.

thirrdegreetusker

Bama had one player averaging 18 yards per touch. They got him the ball only nine times. That was the story of the game.

NWASooner

Bama didn't make those turnovers in a vacuum.  McCarron had been sacked 10 times all season and OU sacked him 7.

Pork Twain

Quote from: NWASooner on January 03, 2014, 09:35:38 am
Bama didn't make those turnovers in a vacuum.  McCarron had been sacked 10 times all season and OU sacked him 7.
OU's defense was SEC-like yesterday.

popcornhog

WPS

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: GS99 on January 03, 2014, 08:38:22 am

I still say that's really the only thing that allowed Bama to beat us.  If we'd tackled more between the goal lines we'd have tied them.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BeoPig™ on January 03, 2014, 09:26:48 am
I would say that a very good and very consistent pass rush can lead to a lot of turnovers.

Sure IF the QB makes a mistake and throws into coverage.