Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky, Tennessee, & Auburn Recruiting

Started by dwcherr, June 14, 2013, 11:19:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Remember how SEC coaches used to catch so much grief for signing more than the limit?  The rest of college football was in a constant uproar.  For some reason, Jones/UT is being allowed to do this quietly and nobody seems to be upset about it. 

What's more frustrating to me is how a Tennessee program that has been through 4 coaches in 6 years, hired their 4th or 5th choice as current coach because all the big names turned them down, has had 4 losing seasons in a row and hasn't been relevant for 7 years can have the #2 recruiting class in the country.......while we are in our familiar position in the mid to lower 20s?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jbcarol

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247 5 Dec
2014 has to be the best in TN for HS talent in a while, and #Vols have a chance to all-but own it. Big statement for them.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: jbcarol on December 08, 2013, 02:02:05 pm
Auburn's staff is recruiting today.

Naw just cherry picking and culling 3 and 4's for 5's.. ;D
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@RecruitingAJC 1h
ICYMI: #SEC is aware of teams trying to find loopholes in "over-signing" rules: http://bit.ly/IWmHk9

The SEC finally issued a statement to the AJC over the weekend regarding member schools that may be looking for loopholes in the conference's "over-signing" rules for a 25-man limit.

"It has been, and remains, permissible for mid-year enrollees to be included in the initial counter limits for the current academic year when a football team does not use the permitted 25 initial counters for fall enrollees.

"Institutional financial aid agreements signed prior to the December 1 are not binding upon the prospective student-athlete. Thus, until the prospective student-athlete enrolls and becomes an initial counter, the individual is able to determine the institution he wishes to attend or to sign institutional financial aid agreements with multiple universities.

"The numerical limits on football signees is now an NCAA Bylaw and, should the existing policy require modification, the SEC will work cooperatively with the NCAA national office to achieve the appropriate outcome."

jbcarol

Top247 senior lineman Charles Mosley of Brighton (Tenn.) High School, one of Tennessee's top targets in the 2014 class, announced Monday that he has committed to the Vols.

http://tennessee.247sports.com

jbcarol

That's 34 commits in the current class for Tennessee.

JansterZ71

Alabama's top CB 4* Bessent flips to AUBURN
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

jbcarol

jbcarol

MrSEC: Commitment Comparator – 12/17/13 Vs 12/21/12

QuoteSchool     Commits     5-stars     4-stars     3-stars     2-stars     1-& 0-stars     Tot Pts
  Tennessee     34     2     16     15     0     1     120
  Alabama     23     3     13     7     0     0     88
  Kentucky     24     0     9     14     1     0     80

School     12/21/12     12/17/13     Difference
  Tennessee     47     120     +73
  Kentucky     46     80     +34
  Auburn        45     70     +25
  Missouri     52     70     +18

jbcarol

GoVolsXtra ‏@GoVolsXtra 5h
MT @RyanCallahan247: #Vols have their first two signees for the 2014 class: 4-star juco WR Lavon Pearson and 3-star juco DT Owen Williams

6-8 juco OT Dontavius Blair also signed.

GoVolsXtra ‏@GoVolsXtra 1h
...Vols wait on word from DaVonte Lambert

Between Auburn and UT for Lambert

jbcarol

Shea Dixon ‏@Sheadixon 2h
The ride ends for Williams RT @PerkSID: We've received word that MGCCC WR Dhaquille Williams signed with Auburn @ 7:01am  this morning.

Never To Yield

Auburn flipped #1 JUCO DE DeVonte Lambert from Tennessee.  Signed with the Tigers today.

jbcarol

Keith Niebuhr ‏@Niebuhr247 4h
#Vols still have 16 4-star commits .... more than anyone else...

SouthSide Johnny

Aubie and Bama lead with 3, 5* each with Tenn and A and M closing with 2 each
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

Mortgage Hog

How many can they sign this year?  33 commitments showing on rivals...

Tim Harris

You can have 1,000 commitments if you want

grumpypenguin

Two main ways. They can count back 5 commits I believe. Also they are exploiting loopholes that will almost certainly be fixed after this year. It's called "blue-shirting." Players that they didn't officially "recruit" can enroll this year and will be eligible to sign a scholarship once fall camp starts, they will then count against the 2015 class and not 2014

Mortgage Hog

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 19, 2013, 09:57:11 am
You can have 1,000 commitments if you want

Understand that but that wasn't my question...LOL! 

ThatGUY

New coach looks to be turning the corner a little quicker than some. New blood and guys wanting to play for him.

ricepig

Quote from: Mortgage Hog on December 19, 2013, 10:00:43 am

They get to count back a few, will ask a couple to grey shirt, and will jettison/lose what they need to.

outlawhogeywells

guess the question would be, how many can they actually sign? 

jjdlc

There was an article a week or two ago about the situation.  Jones seems to think he has found a way to skirt the 25 player limitation.  Now, who knows if he really has, everyone is always looking for a loophole.  That said, there was another article that said a couple of those commits are legacys, and are willing to grey shirt.

DCimport

Miami is getting up there at 29 but imagine they are loading up before the reductions kick in

Tim Harris

Quote from: grumpypenguin on December 19, 2013, 10:00:30 am
Two main ways. They can count back 5 commits I believe. Also they are exploiting loopholes that will almost certainly be fixed after this year. It's called "blue-shirting." Players that they didn't officially "recruit" can enroll this year and will be eligible to sign a scholarship once fall camp starts, they will then count against the 2015 class and not 2014

This isn't going to work and they know it.  They will have to cut a few guys.

To be able to "blue shirt" you can't have had any contact with the recruit.  That means anyone that they brought in for an official visit or sent a coach to the kids home isn't eligible.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Mortgage Hog on December 19, 2013, 10:00:43 am

No one on here is going to know the exact number.  I've seen it anywhere from 28-30.  They will have to tell a couple to move on somewhere else.

Music City Hog

They can sign 30.  They will have to lose a few of the current commits.  They are still in on several and may have more coming.

smb

Quote from: Mortgage Hog on December 19, 2013, 09:49:39 am
How many can they sign this year?  33 commitments showing on rivals...
It's called pick of the litter.
GeorgiaHOG

jbcarol

Not Jerry Tipton ‏@NotJerryTipton 22h
AJ Stamps on his decision to sign with UK over Ohio State: "It was a no brainer. UK has more top 10 wins in the past 4 years than OSU does."

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 20h
Gus Malzahn: D'haquille Williams 'a dynamic player,' will help open up offense
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/12/gus_malzahn_dhaquille_williams.html ...

jbcarol

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams 9h
Butch Jones announces 3 Vols will not return: WR Paul Harris, DB Tino Thomas), Tom Smith, a RB. AJ Johnson still deliberating going pro

Numbers starting to work out for Jones

jbcarol

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams 19 Dec
Butch Jones on SportsTalk on recruiting: 'You will see us sign more than 30.'

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

welchog

Tenn has 33 comitments for this years recruiting class? 

Music City Hog

Quote from: welchog on December 29, 2013, 12:20:23 pm
Tenn has 33 comitments for this years recruiting class? 

Several will count back.  I think they had 14-15 early enrollees.  They are completely turning that roster over.   It won't be long until Tennessee is back. 

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 29, 2013, 12:24:44 pm

Several will count back.  I think they had 14-15 early enrollees.  They are completely turning that roster over.   It won't be long until Tennessee is back. 

Early enrollees doesn't mean they get to count back.

welchog

Ok, but isnt there a limit and 8 over seems high.  I keep hearing we cant do more than 25 but weve had many defections.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 29, 2013, 12:24:44 pm

And like Ole Miss last year they have several legacies/connections to big time recruits AND are making it count and getting them.

We actually have 8 of these similar connections that if we got them would have one of the top classes in the country.

5* DE Soloman Thomas- sister attends here
4* RB Kevin Shorter- cousin is DJ Dean who is "like a brother"  to shorter
3* CB Raymond Wingo- brother of Ronnie
4* S Payton Hendrix- cousin Keaton Miles is on basketball team
4* DE Demetriuos Jackson- cousin to Kirkland
4* TE Deandre Goolsby- WR coach Michael Smith has literally known him since birth and used to babysit him
5* WR Malachi Dupree- his would be position coach Michael Smith his is 2nd cousin
4* DT Josh Frazier lives 15 minutes from campus and his mom is a long time poster on this board and huge fan

What would this board look like if that was our last 8 commits??!!  People talk about the connections that helped OM last year and UT this year but they only get you so far you still have to close

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: welchog on December 29, 2013, 12:37:34 pm
Ok, but isnt there a limit and 8 over seems high.  I keep hearing we cant do more than 25 but weve had many defections.

Commits =\= signatures.  They could have a zillion commits if they wanted.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

welchog

Thought there is a rule against oversigning so is Tenn going the route of Bama two years ago with Philbon times 8?

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 29, 2013, 12:41:29 pm
Commits =\= signatures.  They could have a zillion commits if they wanted.

Yep, Feb 5th is the date to worry about their commits.

welchog

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2013, 12:45:38 pm
Yep, Feb 5th is the date to worry about their commits.
Should be a rule against over commiting as well.  Too much good talent being misled.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: welchog on December 29, 2013, 12:44:15 pm
Thought there is a rule against oversigning so is Tenn going the route of Bama two years ago with Philbon times 8?

Yeah, there is a rule against that.  And TN hasn't violated that rule.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2013, 12:37:07 pm
Early enrollees doesn't mean they get to count back.

They only signed 22 last year so right off the bat 3 can count back.  Of those 22 they signed, 4 enrolled early and they only signed 23 the year before that so two of those 22 last year come off so they have at least 5 of their early enrolled this year that count back so they can sign 30 this year.  I'm not digging back any further but odds are the other 2 count back as well so they can sign 32 this year.  If not then they can enroll/sign at minimum 30

ricepig

Quote from: welchog on December 29, 2013, 12:52:40 pm
Should be a rule against over commiting as well.  Too much good talent being misled.

They get to carry back several, not sure on the exact amount, and will have a couple grey shirt. It's rumored they have some legacies willing to grey shirt, time will tell.