Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky, Tennessee, & Auburn Recruiting

Started by dwcherr, June 14, 2013, 11:19:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgeathawg

Quote from: Solomwi on July 25, 2013, 09:23:18 pm
Yeah, you scared.

Yep. You got me. I'm scared the SEC will realign the conferences and we won't have that guaranteed win on the schedule most years. They always screw us over.

Pulled(PP)pork

jbcarol

In the latest ESPN recruiting rankings, Tennessee has moved all the way up to No. 2 nationally and is tops among SEC teams. The new No. 1 team nationally is Florida State.

QuoteTennessee already has 24 commitments for the 2014 class, and 11 of those are ESPN 300 prospects.

Their number of Top 300 verbals is currently the most in our nation.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Solomwi on July 25, 2013, 10:07:07 pm
head to head? that's easy money
exactly, how do you want to do this?

Pulled out...

Pulled(PP)pork

Like I should trust an Allbarner.  I  highly doubt you would pay up after the arse whipping you sustain on the field, your widdle feelings will be too hurt.  Nope, money has to be with a 3rd party prior to the game.

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Solomwi on July 26, 2013, 08:45:39 am
Alright, Oxbaker will hold the money until the game.
I can definitely tell, you are full of shiite.  you aren't serious about this, so quit offering bets you have no intention of keeping

PP

jbcarol

Gambling is illegal at Bushwood, sir and I never SliceTM. FrescaTM?

Last time I checked, this ain't Bushwood.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Tigris Maximus on July 25, 2013, 01:48:02 pm
You last won a championship almost 8200 days ago.  By the time you get another shot at it (because you know damn well it won't happen this season), it'll be topping 8500. 

Because I'll guarantee you we won't be hovering near 8 SEC losses this season.  I can equally guarantee you'll continue into the beginnings of a third decade of non-championship football.

You should go ahead and plant some acorns at Toomer's. They will be full grown Oaks by the time AU "wins" another NC.  8)

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Solomwi on July 25, 2013, 04:06:18 pm
I've got five bills that say Auburn wins more games this year

Wow!

Way to go out on a limb considering that you only won three games last year.............. 8)

;D

NoNC4Tubs

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Solomwi on July 26, 2013, 09:24:14 am
Ok your loss

Hmmm. That response would indicate that Pulled(PP)Pork would win. Not very consistent with your previous comments. I'll bet you would say something like "I could care less" and think you were using that phrase correctly as well.

I have no doubt that you are some kid employed the the NTYF to frequent boards such as this to defend the "barn's honor" (oxymoron if there ever was one).  8)

Did you give Pat his money back before he got drunk or after?

pondwater jack

I think everone here is doing a good job.  +1 over there to the left for me if you would please.
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

Blutoblutarsky

Quote from: Solomwi on July 25, 2013, 09:23:18 pm
Yeah, you scared.

Ill take action on the Ark-Aub game. May even spot you a TD

jbcarol

jbcarol

Rivals' Justin Rowland is reporting that four-star OT Nick Richardson has committed to Kentucky.

Quote6'4″, 285 lbs.
Westerville, Ohio (Westerville Central)
Rivals: #19 OT, #7 player in Ohio
247: #37 OT, #21 player in Ohio
Scout: #34 OT
ESPN: #64 OT, #47 player in Ohio
Offers: Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Miami (OH), Michigan State, Ole Miss, Toledo, Vanderbilt, West Virginia

jbcarol

Gus Malzahn doesn't seem bothered by the noise, or those who disagree with his take on hurry-up offense or the talent level at Auburn.

The first-year coach has been directly and indirectly in the cross-hairs of criticism these last few weeks: a back-and-forth with Arkansas coach Bret Bielema on the topic of uptempo offenses and most recently a line from former Auburn offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler, who seemed to question Malzahn's recruiting efforts during his time as an assistant coach from 2009 through 2011.

"What I've tried to do from Day 1 is, I told our players, we're not going to worry

about last year," Malzahn said, sticking to his preseason mantra. "All we're doing is moving forward. I've been talking about a new day, I really like our players and I look forward to coaching them."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/07/gus_malzahn_sticking_to_what_h.html

Loeffler noted to a VPI fan gathering that recruiting is everything and he didn't get dumb overnight (though he did accept the offer).

jbcarol

Strange: RB Jabo Hayes, a Vol signee has LOI pulled out from under him. Enrolls at Temple. His coach at Dillon High is not pleased.

Jackie Hayes, coach at Dillon High said he was "upset" at the way UT handled Lee.

"I think they just left him out to dry,'' Hayes said.

Lee flipped his commitment from East Carolina to Tennessee right before signing day, responding to a late push spearheaded by Jay Graham. Graham left for Florida State and was replaced by Robert Gillespie.

Then, last week, Lee revealed he would be attending a four-year school, but it wouldn't be UT.

That school will be Temple, Hayes said.

Dillon assistant coach Kelvin Roller was upset enough to contact the News Sentinel on Monday. Roller said the Vols were casting Lee aside because they had recruited other prospects for the class of 2014.

Hayes agreed.

"I don't think this is a good way of doing business,'' Hayes said. "They told him the whole time all he had to do is make the test score.

"Last Wednesday they called him and said he can't get through admissions. He graduated from high school in December. They've had his transcript since January. Looks like they'd know whether he could get through admissions.''

UT released Lee from his Letter of Intent, which means he can be put on scholarship at Temple.

Coach Butch Jones and a Tennessee spokesman both declined to comment about Lee's situation.

"I think what happened,'' Hayes said, "is they got some (higher rated) recruits for 2014.''

Hayes said the only person he had heard from at UT was an administrator in the football office.

"Don't you think it would be better,'' Hayes said, "if the head coach or running backs coach called me up and said, 'We've got a problem here?' "

Hayes questioned whether any of his prospects would be a good fit at UT. The Vols have already offered Dillon's Class of 2016 quarterback, Avery McCall, according to Hayes and several recruiting services.

"There wouldn't be no use for (Tennessee recruiters) to come back to Dillon,'' Hayes said.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2013/jul/30/jabo-lees-coach-upset-with-tennessee

There are some complications related to a torn ACL and passing a needed standardized test on Lee's last attempt. Coach Hayes credits the Vols with helping Jabo Lee land (gingerly?) on his feet with the Owls.

jbcarol

Deerfield Beach all-purpose back/cornerback Brandon Powell rescinded his verbal commitment to Tennessee on Saturday afternoon, then later that night committed to the University of Miami

QuotePowell posted on his Twitter account at 7:55 p.m. Saturday, "Officially decommited from the University of Tennessee."

At 11:14 p.m., he tweeted, "THE U !!!!!!!!!"

jbcarol

jbcarol

Rocky Top News ‏@rockytop_news 13 Aug
Nations #1 JUCO DE Davonte Lambert has committed to THE University of Tennessee #VFL @DaLamb89
Retweeted by DaVonte Lambert ™

Gas Pumper

Quote from: jbcarol on August 14, 2013, 08:55:49 pm
Rocky Top News ‏@rockytop_news 13 Aug
Nations #1 JUCO DE Davonte Lambert has committed to THE University of Tennessee #VFL @DaLamb89
Retweeted by DaVonte Lambert ™

Wish we coulda hired this guy

sportster365

Quote from: Gas Pumper on August 15, 2013, 01:34:21 pm
Wish we coulda hired this guy

I'm sure we could've, but I don't think none of the powers that be gave it too much thought. I know I didn't anyhow. He's got an overall record of 50-27 and has won everywhere he's been and now proven to be quite the recruiter as well. The question now is can he do it on the big stage. If I were Vol fan I'd be pretty excited right now.

jbcarol

With 14 verbal commitments already on board and six months remaining until National Signing Day, we break down the top remaining targets on the board for Auburn in the 2014 recruiting class:

Quote1. Ronnie Clark, S/LB, 6-4, 210
The state of Alabama's most versatile athlete is being recruited by both Alabama and Auburn as a safety and has become the focus of the most heated in-state recruiting battle of 2014 so far.

2. Rashaan Evans, OLB, 6-3, 215
Evans has had one of the state's most perplexing recruitment stories to date, with many assuming early on that he would choose the hometown Auburn Tigers only to find Gus Malzahn's program in fifth place on his early list of favorites. Evans has since moved the Tigers into a tie for first with three other schools: Alabama, Georgia and UCLA.

3. Travis Rudolph, WR, 6-1, 185
Gus Malzahn and his staff are on the lookout for game-breaking wide receivers in this recruiting class ... Florida, Florida State and Miami are all hoping to keep the four-star prospect in-state...

4. Andrew Williams, DE, 6-4, 247
Auburn has made their way into the top three for this 4-star defensive end along with Clemson and Ole Miss...

5. Elisha Shaw, DT, 6-4, 295
Speaking of monstrous defensive linemen from the Peach State... has Alabama, Ole Miss and Georgia ahead of Auburn on his list of favorites but that could change after an official vi$it to Auburn...

jbcarol

5.8-rated 6-3, 270 '14 Brentwood Academy WDE Derek Barnett gave a verbal to Tennessee.

jbcarol

Myron Burton @myronburton3 
Officially committed to Auburn University! Thanks to everyone that supported me along the way. #Blessed #WDE #WarEagle

jbcarol

jbcarol

5-9-rated Feather River CC WR Lavon Pearson gave a verbal to Tennessee.

jbcarol

Tigris Maximus

Word is, before the weekend's out, 4-star OL Joshua Casher will recommit to Auburn.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@RecruitingAJC 8h
NEW: #Auburn football recruit one of 11 players suspended for brawl: http://bit.ly/1cq1cBH

Big Fight

QuoteAuburn football recruit Stanton Truitt is one of 11 players who received a one-game suspension after being ejected for an altercation in Friday's game between two high school football teams.

Truitt is the star quarterback for Monroe Area. During last Friday's 68-14 win over Madison County, Truitt was tackled late on the sidelines by a defender, which led to the confrontation between the two teams.

Eleven players, including seven from Monroe Area, were ejected.

"The player who was tackled for a late hit took exception to the late hit and it escalated from there," the Georgia High School Association's Tommy Whittle said on Thursday.

"Our stance is that if you're fighting on the field, you're ejected. We thought our officials did a good job of picking out the individuals most involved probably. We stand behind our officials. We thought they did a good job in this situation."

Access to video of the incident at the above link.

hobhog

At least that is what they said on tv last night during their game. How can they do that? Thought SEC can't oversign anymore....

Tim Harris

You can still count back but to sign 40 it would require him to have 15 spots available from last year and they would all have to come in at midterm. Neither of those things are going to happen.

mmhogs17

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hobhog on November 03, 2013, 02:43:19 pm
At least that is what they said on tv last night during their game. How can they do that? Thought SEC can't oversign anymore....
Not saying your wrong, however, I only heard them say something like 30. That would certainly make more sense.

jbcarol

Keith Niebuhr ‏@Niebuhr247 2 Nov
Been giving this some thought: The player #Auburn commit Roc Thomas reminds me of is Percy Harvin. Not as fast, but similar frame, skills

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 03, 2013, 03:15:19 pm
Not saying your wrong, however, I only heard them say something like 30. That would certainly make more sense.

From what I have read over on a SEC Message Board, they are perhaps planning on signing 33, and maybe Greyshirting the Berry Twins (they are related to former Tennessee player, Eric Berry, who plays for the Kansas City Chiefs).

Tim Harris

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 03, 2013, 09:23:14 pm
From what I have read over on a SEC Message Board, they are perhaps planning on signing 33, and maybe Greyshirting the Berry Twins (they are related to former Tennessee player, Eric Berry, who plays for the Kansas City Chiefs).

They signed 23 last year so the max they could sign this year is 27.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 03, 2013, 09:25:29 pm
They signed 23 last year so the max they could sign this year is 27.

Here is that thread.  It says in the first post what might happen which could lead to 33 being signed.

http://www.secrant.com/rant/p/45835502/VOLS-could-sign-33-entertaining-idea-of-gray-shirting-Berry-twins.aspx

Music City Hog

Tenn will sign a minimum of 30. There's no chance of 40. 

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 03, 2013, 09:41:36 pm
Tenn will sign a minimum of 30. There's no chance of 40. 

Tennessee fans seem confident about WR Josh Malone, but Malone is officially visiting Clemson on Nov. 23, and Clemson's WR Coach, Jeff Scott, is a very highly regarded recruiter.

Tennessee may end up getting Malone, but Clemson could make it interesting.

I just don't see them signing 33 (even if they get Malone).  It could very well just be 30.

CDBHawg

onebadrubi

I do not understand the lure to Tenner.  A decent coach could easily propel that program right up to the top with what appears to be the yearly talent that falls in the Tenner lap. 

Oklahawg

Players can pay their own way and not count against anything except the 85 who see the field. Players can accept academic scholarships and not count against the 25/year unless they play. Once they play they have to give that scholarship up or go on football scholarship.

They can also sign and ask the player to defer coming until next December, mid-term, when they actually count against the 2015 class. However, that player can get out of that LOI at any time another D1 school offers.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Tim Harris

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 03, 2013, 09:35:55 pm
Here is that thread.  It says in the first post what might happen which could lead to 33 being signed.

http://www.secrant.com/rant/p/45835502/VOLS-could-sign-33-entertaining-idea-of-gray-shirting-Berry-twins.aspx

If someone "grey shirts" then they aren't signing.  They can not sign 30+ kids this year.

Music City Hog

November 04, 2013, 07:31:46 am #247 Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:52:18 am by Music City Hog
They just got #29 and#30 this morning with the Berry twins.

Stang1970

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 04, 2013, 07:31:46 am
They just got #28 and#29 this morning.

The biggest thing of Tenn signing 23 last year is how many were early enrollees.  Some of the 23 might be counted back the year before meaning they might be able to get to 30 or so. 

jbcarol

Evan and Elliot Berry gave verbals to Tennessee.