Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

so is lacy...

Started by presidenthog, April 26, 2013, 07:24:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Kig

Quote from: Theolesnort on April 27, 2013, 12:27:54 pm
Showing up out of shape for the combine was down right silly. If he wants it bad enough he will make a outstanding running back. It is up to him.

100% agree... 

Players have months to prep for the biggest job fair of their lives... and some of them don't take it seriously.  Others spend money honing their skills at places like IMG, investing in themselves and their future.

If I was a GM and a player showed up out of shape, I would have serious doubts about their drive to be great.  I am not one of these guys that hangs on every 10th of a second that someone runs at the combine, but if you show up hung over, out of shape or without shoes... buh-bye.
Poker Porker

Beaverfever

Yeah sucks for Lacy that he is just a couple years late.  Running backs are out of favor.  They're a dime a dozen at the pro level and you never know who's going to fit best in the league.  I liked lacy as much as Richardson and Ingram. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Theolesnort on April 27, 2013, 12:27:54 pm
Showing up out of shape for the combine was down right silly. If he wants it bad enough he will make a outstanding running back. It is up to him.

If true, I have to agree. That is just crazy. He best be ready when they start meeting for work-outs. Really a pity, the kid is a very talented RB.
Go Hogs Go!

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: supersaint on April 27, 2013, 03:36:52 pm
Chuckwuma had more than "adequate" speed. He was a sprinter on the UA track team.

But he didn't have Madre Hill speed.
Madre could fly. Like McFadden, he was a threat to take it to the house on every play(prior to his injury, of course).

When he returned in 1998, he and Chukyhuma made a nice one-two punch.