Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stanley Fresh Legs says people need to understand the game

Started by RealSmartGuy, March 21, 2006, 08:16:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggusMaximus

so stan just called all the fans ignorant, thata way to keep your job. everyones griping got to him and he lost it. I dont say fire him just yet i say we see what happens next season since he did improve at the end of this one.

Burnt Orange Sucks

TEXAS....NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS IN 70?71?72?73?74?75?76?77?78?79?80?81?82?83?84?85?86?87?88?89?90?91?92?93?94?95?96?97?98?99?00?01?02?03?04?05......wait, YES   05'

wishyjoshy

UAM.  You want to endorse bringing up a coach from D2?

RealSmartGuy

JFEN, stan is D3, or NAIA, isn't that an upgrade?  Can it get worse?

wishyjoshy

Calling All Hogs

Stanley Fresh Legs is a great name! I hope it sticks.

Porkranger

S.omeones
T.oken
A.nswer
N.ow

H.elping
E.rode
A.rkansas's
T.remendous
H.eritage

wishyjoshy

Porkranger

Calling All Hogs

Send Stanley Fresh Legs to Knight school for off-season education. He probably
will fluke out but then he could go to Nolan school and earn a GED (which in this case
means "Good Extended Defense") LOL

HognotinMemphis

Stan is out of his sphere of competence at Arkansas. But he's paid about $800,000 per year while learning on the job. Nice gig if you can get it.

He screwed up and cannot admit it since to admit it would make him look totally incompetent. You press the last 5 minutes of the game against Bucknell and do not let up for one second. He didn't do that and it cost the team the game. End of story.

My best guess is that this year's 10-6 in SEC is the best you'll ever get out of a Heath team at U of A. If next year's record is a drop of more than a game from this year's, I wonder if he'll be released.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Calling All Hogs

"Early in the game," Heath said, "when a team is being pressed and attacking your press is a lot different than late in the game when a team is trying to protect a lead. It's going to be a lot more effective when a team is holding the ball as opposed to attacking you. And so our press was a lot more effective in the second half than it was in the first half because they were playing different against our press in the first half than the second half. I think that's been overblown tremendously."

Thank you for explaining this so we can understand. Just a few follow up questions this reporter didn't ask: We were behind most of the game and pretty much all of the second half. So why did you only press for about 5 minutes? Why not 10, 15 or 20 minutes in the second half? Also, which is it Stanley? Did you not press because of fresh legs or because it would not have been effective? Why didn't you tell the CBS reporter that you thought the press would only be effective against Bucknell during the time they were protecting a lead? Is it because you only made this BS up afterward?

Stanley Stanley Stanely. Didn't your mother teach you better?

hogmary

The point is, Stan Heath is the one who has demonstrated an abysmal ignorance of basketball, the history of the Razorback basketball program and the sophistication of the Razorback basketball fans.  He needs to get going on the learning curve or get out of Arkansas.  One thing is for sure, the Hog fans have been longsuffering to this point, but my patience is gone. 

Take a hint from your mentor, Izzo, Heath and admit that you are to blame for our lack of mental and physical toughness.

As angry as I get when we lose a game we should have won, it doesn't compare to my anger and astonishment at what Heath says afterward.  This is one of those times.

Interesting when he comments after a game and when players comment, they are seldom on the same page.  Is it any wonder our players look lost so often on the court?

Figure out what your "system" is, Stan, then recruit players suited to it and hire an assistant who can coach it.  Apparently, you can't do it yourself.

BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

"The point is, Stan Heath is the one who has demonstrated an abysmal ignorance of basketball, the history of the Razorback basketball program and the sophistication of the Razorback basketball fans."

Hit that one on the head.  The only thing we don't understand as fans now is why in the hell JFB hired a guy like this.  This team had, and I do stress the word had, a reputaion to be feared once. We were a pressing, aggressive, scoring machine that tore teams a new a-hole when they stepped onto our court.  Now we are a joke that even Memphis fans can laugh at... pathetic what Stan has turned us into.

Hogs4Ever

I don't care what Stanley says if we're winning.  WIN games and SEC titles.  He hasn't proven that he has what it takes but it's still possible to learn.

However, I will not be satisfied next year unless the team makes it to the Sweet 16, with our without Brewer.  Anything less and Stanley should be sent packing.

Niels Boar

The gall to lecture Arkansas fans on pressure BB is, well, stunning.  Hey, Stan, we won a NC watching a team pressure for forty minutes.  How much rest do eighteen-year-olds need after a week off and 48 hours before the next game?  We were behind the entire game.  Shouldn't desperation to change the game have kicked in with the season on the line long before the last few minutes?  Bucknell was having trouble handling the entire game.  A little extra pressure seemed to be an obvious option.  Calhoun sure as Hades didn't look at a twelve-point deficit to Albany and conclude "well, let's stick with what we are doing."

msudawgs64

Quote from: hogfan064 on March 21, 2006, 08:25:53 am
F#ck you Stan Heath.  We won a NC pressing.  You won a MAC championship.  There was a quote from him a couple months back from a Missouri paper(I think it was before we were playing Mizzou) that was something like
"Arkansas fans need to realize that their program isn't like it once was"  That really pissed me off.  This quote makes me more angry.

did he actually say that?  OMG, that in and of itself is total bullshite..see Heath it is YOUR program and to come out and say that means that you are responsible for the program not being where it once was.  I would have sent his ass packing the moment I read that. 
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Hog1751

Well excuse me Stan but the only thing I understand about last Fridays game is that WE WOULD HAVE WON IF YOU HADNT BEEN WORRIED ABOUT KEEPING OUR LEGS FRESH FOR THE SUMMER.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

WilsonHog

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 21, 2006, 01:35:22 pm
Quote from: WilsonHog on March 21, 2006, 10:53:54 am
Stanley Fresh Legs obviously needs a PR consultant.

I bet when he read that even Houston Nutt was saying, "Damn, Stanley, I don't believe I would have said that!"

In the past, hasn't Nutt criticized Arkansas fans who were griping about his offense?

He certainly has. However, Nutt has a reservoir of goodwill and support that Stanley Fresh Legs doesn't possess. When Stanley steps in it, it's like a cold winter wind blowing through a shotgun shack.

Jim Harris

Eddie Sutton made a career out of "educating" Arkansas fans. I would guess than 90 percent of the people on here don't understand basketball, but it sure looks easy from up in the stands. That said, I think Stan knows he blew it. If not full-court pressing, he at least should have pressured the darn out of their point guard, at the half-court line, at the 3/4 line. NEVER should he have allowed the game to get to the point that they were running entire 35 seconds off each time they brought the ball down.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

hog caller

i don't understand basketball . what little kids want to bounce a rubber ball around on a hard wood floor to try to put it is a metal cylinder 10 feet off the floor ;then stand around and watch the other team do their thing. what kind of a game is that.
lookds like you can't get guys fired up to play this game. i'll take smash mout football any day.

and it ain't fer away uans.  hut hut hut

hog caller

maybe it's time to run the bleachers or something that will give them better legs.

Swino

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 21, 2006, 02:18:13 pm
Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 21, 2006, 01:35:22 pm
Quote from: WilsonHog on March 21, 2006, 10:53:54 am
Stanley Fresh Legs obviously needs a PR consultant.

I bet when he read that even Houston Nutt was saying, "Damn, Stanley, I don't believe I would have said that!"

In the past, hasn't Nutt criticized Arkansas fans who were griping about his offense?

He certainly has. However, Nutt has a reservoir of goodwill and support that Stanley Fresh Legs doesn't possess. When Stanley steps in it, it's like a cold winter wind blowing through a shotgun shack.

houston 'shuck & jive' is from Arkansas and stanley isn't.  The way the press has rammed nutt's hometown and home state reminds me the Joseph McCarthy and the communist hunts he was on.  If you dare speak out against Nutt, you must be a communist and are against the University of Arkansas.

SultanofSwine

Why the hell didn't Nate challenge him on the fans don't get it comment? Was his dumas not here during The Reign of the Nolan? Geez, do not tell me the that Fresh Legs isn't being coddled by the press.

As for Fresh Legs, I've known atleast 10 Boys Club coaches that could beat his team.

Arkapigdiesel

I look at this board and I don't see anybody who look like me or talk like me.  You bunch of terds and arseholes.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.