Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GIVE MCCURDY A CHANCE!!!

Started by Arazorbackguy1, March 17, 2006, 12:56:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

nice game plan, let a unathletic, thin benched team walk the ball up the floor run their motion until they get the shot they want.  stand around on offense, clog the lane so are more athletic players have no where to drive.

nice plan
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HOGLUVIN

we were in a position to win that game from the inception of it. that is his job. making shots, especially free throws is their job.

who would you say didn't do their job today.

DOGALUM

I hate that we lost......HATE it!!!   But any time a team shoots the 3 as well as Bucknell did, they're going to be hard to beat.  The 11 3s they hit were a season high for them.  The only made 6 shots from inside the 3 point line.  All that said.....we had a great chance to win the ballgame....but didn't get it done. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

BigHog396

The point is... if the players and coaches actually showed up for 40 minutes, we would have DESTROYED this team.  That is what kills me more than anything, this team didn't show up for more than 20-25 minutes for a SINGLE game this season.  That is the fault of BOTH the players and the coaches.

How do Dontell Jefferson and Vincent Hunter, who haven't seen significant playing time in ages, end up both on the court for the final 5+ minutes of the game.  Not playing your best players, at crunch time, in your only game of the NCAA Tourney is a major COACHING screw up.

HOGLUVIN

not really. If I tell you what they are going to try to do on offense and where they are going to be and what they are going to impose, and you just dont give enough of a darn to get there and to stop it, how is that my fault.... or are you one of those "play 2 on 5" guys. Just find anyone if it is only 2 people that want to play hard and play them, sit all else.

BigHog396

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on March 17, 2006, 05:18:54 pm
not really. If I tell you what they are going to try to do on offense and where they are going to be and what they are going to impose, and you just dont give enough of a Shiite to get there and to stop it, how is that my fault.... or are you one of those "play 2 on 5" guys. Just find anyone if it is only 2 people that want to play hard and play them, sit all else.
No, but if you are the one that recruited those players, then I do say it's your fault.

reh

Did anyone but me notice (I was at the game) that Hill was the only one who threw the ball to Sean and Hill was the only one Sean threw the ball to?

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Ark Blitz on March 17, 2006, 03:42:16 pm
Quote from: DOGALUM on March 17, 2006, 03:39:32 pm
Maybe you two bozos are thinking of a different Sean McCurdy.  The kid plays good defense.  Not as quick or athletic as some, but SOLID fundementals.  Talk all you want about shooting against a defense...but going in cold and missing your first shot before you get yanked is a piss poor way to judge a player's ability.  If you think "rythym" has nothing to do with shooting a basketball in a game then you sir are indeed an idiot when it comes to basketball.

You sir are a idiot.  Every team has someone that comes off the bench that is cold.  SOLID fundamentals!!  He missed a lay up!!
NO YOU ARE THE IDIOT.  Do you actually watch games, or just get on here and spew B.S.????

Lay up???  WTH are you talking about?  I don't know where you were watching the game, I was about 10 rows up on the side where this play happened today. 

ACTUALLY, He penetrated inside, and btw missed the shot b/c he was mauled, which allowed Hill to get the rebound and an open putback (half their team collapsed on McCurdy).

All you McCurdy haters, all of you that say he can't play D, can't do this can't do that, blah blah blah:

As far as the D, GREAT JOB FERGUSON AND DONTERRIBLE, ONCE AGAIN THEIR GUARDS ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO GO OFF AND SCORE AND BEAT US....Hmmm....INTERESTING. 

There is NO EVIDENCE for Sean not being able to play D better than those two.  NONE.  In fact, there is evidence to the contrary.

If Sean would have played more today(IMO Brewer should have played point with Sean coming in to play point at times), the ball would have been worked inside, where they COULD NOT STOP US.  WE WOULD HAVE WON BY 20.

It is fun to bash him I'm sure, those of you who went on and on about Ferguson and DJ needing to play more than Sean, HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY WE ARE DONE.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Thrilbilly

For What Its Worth: Turned on the radio for a few minutes for the post game. I am not sure who was talking, but they said if Heath asked them the one thing that he should have done differently this season. He would have answered that he should have played McCurdy much, much more early in the season. The announcer said he feels that if Heath had, McCurdy would have been our best point guard right now.

firecampbell

mccurdy is not strong enough or quick enough for this level of basketball this year.  needs to improve in both areas for next year, maybe needs to work on the jumper a little too.

BigHog396

Quote from: firecampbell on March 17, 2006, 09:52:02 pm
mccurdy is not strong enough or quick enough for this level of basketball this year.  needs to improve in both areas for next year, maybe needs to work on the jumper a little too.
Have you ever watched a game when he played?  He has an incredibly quick first step.  You don't penetrate a defense the way he does, at this level, unless you are quick.  Same old tired, inaccurate description of SM.  The kid never really got a chance to play enough to show what he does all day long in practice.

Thrilbilly

I have to disagree. I see a lot of promise and positive things in McCurdy. Like I posted above playing time will tell.

mutdog

McCurdy is not the savior but he does provide a style of play that would have benefited us today if given a chance.  His defense was as good as anybody else that guarded their shooting guard.  No one had any effect on him.

With that said, McCurdy is far superior to Jefferson or Ferguson at running the offense, so why not let him.  His defense was not a liability because no one slowed down their shooting guard anyway. 

jkstock04

All I know is Dontell Jefferson sucks all around...he's one of the worst players to come through the University in a long time IMO....I've seen McCurdy play, and I can tell that he's got plenty of talent, and with more experience will be a big asset to us in the future.  You guys kill me when you say "McCurdy is a liability on defense"....THATS SUCH THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF BULLS**T IVE SEEN ON HERE...DO YOU PEOPLE WHO SAY THIS NOT REALIZE THAT THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME, OUR WHOLE TEAM SUCKS ON DEFENSE???  ONE THING IS FOR SURE...WE DONT HAVE TO WATCH DONTELL JEFFERSON NEXT YEAR WEARING A RAZORBACK UNIFORM....THATS ONE THING WE CAN BE HAPPY ABOUT...DONT YALL THINK??
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

And Ferguson and Dontell were better?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

HoopS

Look on tge bright side, those guys are finished and I think most of us agree that McCurdy can certainly penetrate and dish and do so for the most part under control.   No, he is not at his peak yet but he is a good worker and we will all get to enjoy his growth together.  The kid can shot and again, with time and work, he will shine.  He will be a fine PG.

tulsahog36

This discussion is split on two sides: side A is a bunch of white guys who either sat on the bench during their college playing or days or never made who want to see a white guy contribute at Arkansas.  Side B is intelligent basketball fans that want Arkansas to win and play the best players, which means Mccurdy stays on the bench.   When Mccurdy starts knocking down threes and making numerous assist in his playing time, then play him.  Until then he should sit on the bench.   And with Ervin, Washington, Brandley and Weems coming in next year, playing time for Mccurdy will be less than this year.  Mccurdy fans who want to see him play better go to practice, that will be there only chance.

BigHog396

March 18, 2006, 03:46:42 pm #67 Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 09:16:22 pm by BigHog396
Quote from: tulsahog36 on March 18, 2006, 03:13:00 pm
This discussion is split on two sides: side A is a bunch of white guys who either sat on the bench during their college playing or days or never made who want to see a white guy contribute at Arkansas.  Side B is intelligent basketball fans that want Arkansas to win and play the best players, which means Mccurdy stays on the bench.   When Mccurdy starts knocking down threes and making numerous assist in his playing time, then play him.  Until then he should sit on the bench.   And with Ervin, Washington, Brandley and Weems coming in next year, playing time for Mccurdy will be less than this year.  Mccurdy fans who want to see him play better go to practice, that will be there only chance.
You really don't ever look at the stats before you post, do you.

Assists/40 minutes:  Jefferson - 7.72, McCurdy - 6.75, Ferguson - 4.13
Turnovers/40 minutes:  McCurdy - 3.12, Ferguson - 3.33, Jefferson - 3.86
Assist/Turnover Ratio:  McCurdy - 2.17, Jefferson - 2.00, Ferguson - 1.24
Points/40 minutes:  Ferguson - 12.86, McCurdy - 9.35, Jefferson - 5.61
Rebounds/40 minutes:  Jefferson - 5.44, McCurdy - 4.16, Ferguson - 3.81
Minutes per game:  Ferguson - 25.2, Jefferson - 22.8, McCurdy - 7.7
FG %:  Jefferson - 41.2%, Ferguson - 40.4%, McCurdy - 32.1%
3 pt FG %:  McCurdy - 34.4%, Ferguson - 32.5%, Jefferson - 23.1%
FT %:  McCurdy - 70%, Jefferson - 67.5%, Ferguson - 60%

So there are the FACTS for you bub.  You can take your racist BS and stick it where the sun don't shine!!

It's pretty obvious that McCurdy is 2nd in assists per 40 minutes of playing time, 1st in assist to turnover ratio, 2nd in points per 40 minutes of playing time, and 2nd in rebounding per 40 minutes.  He was also 1st in FT and 3 pt percentage.  The only things he was last in were minutes per game and total FG%.  Boy! that makes a lot of sense.  So... what was that about knocking down 3's and making assists?  Come back and talk when you don't want to make a fool of yourself mr. intelligent!

Thrilbilly

This discussion is split on two sides: side A is a bunch of white guys who either sat on the bench during their college playing or days or never made who want to see a white guy contribute at Arkansas.  Side B is intelligent basketball fans that want Arkansas to win and play the best players, which means Mccurdy stays on the bench.   When Mccurdy starts knocking down threes and making numerous assist in his playing time, then play him.  Until then he should sit on the bench.   And with Ervin, Washington, Brandley and Weems coming in next year, playing time for Mccurdy will be less than this year.  Mccurdy fans who want to see him play better go to practice, that will be there only chance.
Your opinion is quite different from many who have played and have coached. We have not saw the best out of McCurdy yet and he will improve with more playing time. It is not magic. You can't never play except for practice and come into a game and instantly start knocking down threes and be a Hoss.

berryhog

Quote from: BigHog396 on March 18, 2006, 03:46:42 pm
This discussion is split on two sides: side A is a bunch of white guys who either sat on the bench during their college playing or days or never made who want to see a white guy contribute at Arkansas.  Side B is intelligent basketball fans that want Arkansas to win and play the best players, which means Mccurdy stays on the bench.   When Mccurdy starts knocking down threes and making numerous assist in his playing time, then play him.  Until then he should sit on the bench.   And with Ervin, Washington, Brandley and Weems coming in next year, playing time for Mccurdy will be less than this year.  Mccurdy fans who want to see him play better go to practice, that will be there only chance.
God, you really don't ever look at the stats before you post, do you.

Assists/40 minutes:  Jefferson - 7.72, McCurdy - 6.75, Ferguson - 4.13
Turnovers/40 minutes:  McCurdy - 3.12, Ferguson - 3.33, Jefferson - 3.86
Assist/Turnover Ratio:  McCurdy - 2.17, Jefferson - 2.00, Ferguson - 1.24
Points/40 minutes:  Ferguson - 12.86, McCurdy - 9.35, Jefferson - 5.61
Rebounds/40 minutes:  Jefferson - 5.44, McCurdy - 4.16, Ferguson - 3.81
Minutes per game:  Ferguson - 25.2, Jefferson - 22.8, McCurdy - 7.7
FG %:  Jefferson - 41.2%, Ferguson - 40.4%, McCurdy - 32.1%
3 pt FG %:  McCurdy - 34.4%, Ferguson - 32.5%, Jefferson - 23.1%
FT %:  McCurdy - 70%, Jefferson - 67.5%, Ferguson - 60%

So there are the FACTS for you bub.  You can take your racist BS and shove it up your A$$!!

It's pretty obvious that McCurdy is 2nd in assists per 40 minutes of playing time, 1st in assist to turnover ratio, 2nd in points per 40 minutes of playing time, and 2nd in rebounding per 40 minutes.  He was also 1st in FT and 3 pt percentage.  The only things he was last in were minutes per game and total FG%.  Boy! that makes a lot of sense.  So... what was that about knocking down 3's and making assists?  Come back and talk when you don't want to make a fool of yourself mr. intelligent!

Great breakdown BigHog.  I'll be honest, I did not know the exact stats for McCurdy, but I thought he should have played MUCH more than he did this season.  Lots of people have went as far as to say that he is not SEC caliber, but if that is the case then neither were Jefferson or Ferguson.  I truly believe that, if given more PT this season (more PT = greater confidence in himself and his teammates confidence in him) that McCurdy would have been a real difference maker for this team.