Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Muschamp looked like Muschump last night: just totally lost and not a leader.

Started by hogger214, January 03, 2013, 09:50:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogger214

His players were running wild, acting like punks, play calls were horrible, team not prepared. He looked lost.  I like the idea of getting a coach who has HC'ed before.  I believe Muschump went to UF directly from an assistant position.  He didn't look like a leader of men. Yikes.

EastexHawg

He has a crappy QB.  Given the importance of QB play...it is the most important position in all of sports...I have a hard time thinking a coach who goes into and through an entire season with a QB who can't make plays is outstanding.

Especially with the talent Florida gets every year.

How can Florida play an entire season with a starting QB who really isn't very good at anything?

hogger214

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 03, 2013, 10:00:06 am
He has a crappy QB.  Given the importance of QB play...it is the most important position in all of sports...I have a hard time thinking a coach who goes into and through an entire season with a QB who can't make plays is outstanding.

How can Florida play an entire season with a starting QB who really isn't very good at anything?

Why are Texas' QBs regularly terrible considering all the QB talent in the state?

rmcchris

Quote from: hogger214 on January 03, 2013, 09:50:29 am
His players were running wild, acting like punks, play calls were horrible, team not prepared. He looked lost.  I like the idea of getting a coach who has HC'ed before.  I believe Muschump went to UF directly from an assistant position.  He didn't look like a leader of men. Yikes.
I agree with you and to add a bit more commentary:  Leadership matters and the old saying that the troops (players) take on the persona of the leader was very evident. Arrogant, over confident, defiant and cocky all come to mind.  Seems FL was more about exhibiting those traits with big hits, taunting and we are better then you attitude.  It got their butts beat.  Reminded me of some of Hooty's games where we would get beat by a much less talented team and hence not beat the teams we were supposed to.

Huckleberry Pig

I think his players are a pretty good reflection of how he acts on the sidelines.  It's no wonder there's no discipline 

Razorfox

Didn't they go 11-1 this year?  How bad of a leader can the guy be?

jkstock04

I have not watched floridA all year but last night left me shocked how that team could go thru the sec with only one loss.

That game had Houston nutt written all over it. Bad qb play, terrible game plan/bowl preparation, get behind a couple td's...forced to pass the ball=you are screwed. Coaches looking lost on the sidelines, list can go on and on.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Razorfox on January 03, 2013, 10:14:24 am

Clearly a terrible one.  Because when you've watched one game closely all year, you get a feel for these things.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

hogger214

Quote from: Fatty McGee on January 03, 2013, 10:34:40 am
Clearly a terrible one.  Because when you've watched one game closely all year, you get a feel for these things.

When you watch the biggest game you get a feel for these things.

OnYourToes

Muschamp = Younger Les Miles with more pronounced anger management issues
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Spider-Pig

With the toughest schedule in nation

Chief_Osceola

Oddly enough, for the amount of talent Florida high schools produce every year, there aren't many top-flight quarterbacks.  I don't know if it's a development issue, or offensive schemes, or what, but they just don't produce big time quarterbacks like they do every other position.  Both Driskel and Burton were highly touted, but they are more athletes than quarterbacks.  I think we only have one quarterback from Florida on our roster, and his dad is the OL coach.  Our two best quarterbacks are both from Alabama.

Arkansas Fan

Florida just didn't come to play and they don't have a QB. I think it's more proof that rankings and stars don't mean a thing. Driskel was a five-star player and yet he looks like crap out there at QB. Once again, it shows coaching and player development matters.

The Hogfather

I agree.  He's a little too undisciplined himself to demand discipline for his players.  Bruce James loves him, though and throught he was the best hire for us back when we hired Petrino and he's been crowing about it ever since, even though Muschamp hasn't really done much yet.

The Hogfather

Shows you how bad the SEC East was this year.  For the SEC, the East was down this year (overall as well).

hogsanity

That game was over when the 1st Fla pass was tipped picked and returned for 6.  Not the 1st time a team laid down in a bowl.  Bama did the same thing against Utah a few years ago.  Many bowl games come down to one team has no interest in the game at all. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Fatty McGee

Quote from: hogger214 on January 03, 2013, 10:36:33 am
When you watch the biggest game you get a feel for these things.

Was this their biggest game?  Seems like the Georgia game was far more important.  This game had no real titles attached to it.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 03, 2013, 10:51:20 am
Shows you how bad the SEC East was this year.  For the SEC, the East was down this year (overall as well).

What do the South Carolina, Vandy and Georgia wins show about the SEC East?  And the MSU and LSU losses show about the West?

hoghevn

Muschump was to inherit Mack Brown's job when he was at Texas.  That's the only thing that would make this game better, him coaching at Texas & this happen.  But when he was a defensive assistant at; I believe it was Auburn.  I remember him getting in our player's face after one of his defensive guys had a good tackle & Muschump basically taunted our guy after the play.  I've never cared or liked him since then.  To see this this VERY arrogant little man struggle & be so publicly out coached is enjoyable.  I totally agree with earlier posts, his team are a bunch of arrogant thugs, acting just like their coach.  I wonder what Florida fans think.

neapig

Quote from: Fatty McGee on January 03, 2013, 10:58:43 am
What do the South Carolina, Vandy and Georgia wins show about the SEC East?  And the MSU and LSU losses show about the West?

Can't argue with that.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Fatty McGee on January 03, 2013, 10:58:16 am
Was this their biggest game?  Seems like the Georgia game was far more important.  This game had no real titles attached to it.

which is why we need to get rid of the BCS system and go to a playoff

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: hoghevn on January 03, 2013, 11:07:07 am
Muschump was to inherit Mack Brown's job when he was at Texas.  That's the only thing that would make this game better, him coaching at Texas & this happen.  But when he was a defensive assistant at; I believe it was Auburn.  I remember him getting in our player's face after one of his defensive guys had a good tackle & Muschump basically taunted our guy after the play.  I've never cared or liked him since then.  To see this this VERY arrogant little man struggle & be so publicly out coached is enjoyable.  I totally agree with earlier posts, his team are a bunch of arrogant thugs, acting just like their coach.  I wonder what Florida fans think.

As long as they win, they could care less how the coaches and/or players act.  I mean, they put up with Urban Meyer.  Nobody really liked him, but he won.

azhog10

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 03, 2013, 10:51:20 am
This still eats at me. I get that they went 11-1. However I'm tired of the SEC Championship game counting against the team that loses. Georgia wont the East and should have been in the sugar. Just bc Florida didn't have to play in that game doesn't or shouldn't give them an automatic birth in the Sugar Bowl. Florida was the 2nd best team in the East and one could argue 5th best in the SEC although they did beat TAMU.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 03, 2013, 11:09:22 am
which is why we need to get rid of the BCS system and go to a playoff

In a playoff Florida would have been in and Louisville out. 

El Guapo

Driskel was 11-2 with a 132 QB rating... I would hardly call him a "crappy QB"
"If I could rest anywhere it would be Arkansaw where the man of the real-horse, half alligator-breed such as grows no where else on the face of the universal earth" Davey Crockett 1834

The Hogfather

Quote from: Fatty McGee on January 03, 2013, 10:58:43 am

That South Carolina, Vandy, and Georgia won their bowl games and MSU and LSU didn't.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Fatty McGee on January 03, 2013, 10:58:16 am
Was this their biggest game?

It's the Bobby Petrino Syndrome.  It was first diagnosed among Hog fans in April of 2012.  Its primary symptom is a steadfast belief that the only big games are the ones you lost.

EastexHawg

Quote from: El Guapo on January 03, 2013, 11:35:37 am
Driskel was 11-2 with a 132 QB rating... I would hardly call him a "crappy QB"

I have watched him play this year and I would, at least compared to the type of QB Florida should be able to recruit and develop. 

I will give him one thing.  He's consistent.  He's equally mediocre at all phases of QB play...passing, running, pocket awareness, decision making, etc.

Redhogs

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 03, 2013, 11:43:42 am
It's the Bobby Petrino Syndrome.  It was first diagnosed among Hog fans in April of 2012.  Its primary symptom is a steadfast belief that the only big games are the ones you lost.
Yep...WI has a bad case of it with CBB and the Rose Bowl..
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Fatty McGee

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 03, 2013, 11:40:36 am
That South Carolina, Vandy, and Georgia won their bowl games and MSU and LSU didn't.

So how do you conclude the East is so terrible?  Or are you saying the SEC in total is down?

jamie72921

BB's last three starting qb's were guys who were not a part of his system at Wiscy the year before they stepped on campus.
Bless your heart

hoosier

hogman99

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 03, 2013, 10:48:56 am
I agree.  He's a little too undisciplined himself to demand discipline for his players.  Bruce James loves him, though and throught he was the best hire for us back when we hired Petrino and he's been crowing about it ever since, even though Muschamp hasn't really done much yet.

I'm sure he was the one recruiting Bruce James' kid back then and that is why he likes him. 

woodlawnhog

blyhog

Quote from: Spider-Pig on January 03, 2013, 10:45:25 am
With the toughest schedule in nation
Yea, but can you tell me EXACTLY how many of those TOUGH GAMES did they play outside the borders of the state of Florida??And I certainly do not count an early season come from behind win at TAMU.A team,that was light years better later in the season as a BIG TOUGH WIN.Not that we can talk much,but as good as they were was greatly aided by a FAVORABLE SCHEDULE.And also that little Seminole up the road was a joke of a team IMO

Buff

The Hogfather

Quote from: Fatty McGee on January 03, 2013, 11:57:36 am
So how do you conclude the East is so terrible?  Or are you saying the SEC in total is down?

Both.  The West was certainly down this year from previous years and the East was slightly better, but still pretty bad.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 03, 2013, 04:22:18 pm
Both.  The West was certainly down this year from previous years and the East was slightly better, but still pretty bad.

I don't see it.  Assuming A&M wins, the SEC ends up with 6 in the Top 10.  Vandy probably makes it in the Final 25 too. 

In 2011 we ended up with 4 in the Top 10, 5 overall.

In 2010 we ended up with 3 in the Top 10, 8 overall (including Mizzou and A&M to be generous).

KCRazorbackfan

Quote from: hoosier on January 03, 2013, 12:42:14 pm
Odds on who goes Woody Hayes first- Muschamp or Pelini?

Now that's a match-up I'd like to see playing a game! ;D
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Fatty McGee on January 03, 2013, 04:40:38 pm
I don't see it.  Assuming A&M wins, the SEC ends up with 6 in the Top 10.  Vandy probably makes it in the Final 25 too. 

In 2011 we ended up with 4 in the Top 10, 5 overall.

In 2010 we ended up with 3 in the Top 10, 8 overall (including Mizzou and A&M to be generous).

I don't care about rankings. 

Fatty McGee

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 03, 2013, 11:08:03 pm
I don't care about rankings. 

Well, in that case, you're right. There are fewer roses in bloom on SEC campuses this year than last. Clear evidence that the SEC football teams are down.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Fatty McGee on January 04, 2013, 12:43:40 am
Well, in that case, you're right. There are fewer roses in bloom on SEC campuses this year than last. Clear evidence that the SEC football teams are down.

You clearly have to be one of the biggest dooshnozzles on this board.  I care about actually watching football.  Where some guys, who probably watch fewer football games than my wife, decide to rank teams is not a good measuring stick, especially when trying to compare different seasons.