Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worst Sports Commentator of All Times

Started by NaturalStateReb, March 03, 2006, 04:07:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the worst sports commentator of all time?

Dave Rowe
27 (10.1%)
Stephen A. Smith
38 (14.2%)
Trev Alberts
61 (22.8%)
Billy Packer
18 (6.7%)
Bill Curry
8 (3%)
Joe Dean, Jr.
14 (5.2%)
Dick Vitale
37 (13.9%)
Clark Kellogg
5 (1.9%)
Bill Walton
59 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Richard_white

Bill Walton

Got to love his sound bites

WPS

Suidae

Bill Walsh was a torture to listen to as an analyst.

Broken Trigger

Trev Alberts.  The guy is so obvious about his animosity toward Houston Nutt.  He is like an elementary school kid that is trying to get attention by dissing his classmates, only he is making 6 figures. 

mword

Brent Musburger - when CBS let him go a long time ago, he should have stayed gone.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I'm sorry.  I can't take it anymore.  Chris Berman is DONE.

He was GREATNESS before.  Now, he is just a beating.  If I hear that "waaap!"  one more time.....ahhhhhhhhhhh.  Need some new blood ESPN, you are DYING!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Richard_white

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on March 03, 2006, 09:17:29 pm
I'm sorry.  I can't take it anymore.  Chris Berman is DONE.

He was GREATNESS before.  Now, he is just a beating.  If I hear that "waaap!"  one more time.....ahhhhhhhhhhh.  Need some new blood ESPN, you are DYING!
]

"Hey not so fast my friend"

WPS

WhenPigsFly

From this list it's gotta be D. Rowe.  He has been terrible FOREVER!!!  He even used to do the SWC Raycom games.  Barry Booker is a major suck also, but he hasn't had as many years to grate on me.  Close behind is J. Dean Jr., and Cliff Ellis gets an honorable mention after only hearing him one game.  Hmmmmm......all these guys are JP announcers.  Is there no competition AT ALL for these jobs???

geoffhog

Worst overall-Barry Booker. The worst single game performance goes to Cheryl Miller for the Ark-Texas game in Austin when Nolen walked off the court. She was awful.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

ThisLittlePiggie

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on March 03, 2006, 06:45:08 pm
Lee Corso is an absolute retard. And he looks just like Mel Brooks, so you know he's a nut. Could somebody help me out with a picture of the two?, don't know how to do it myself, just take a look for yourself, a retard.

thehill1414

Brent Musburger is awful. He is the biggest suckup to Bob Stoops that I know. I hate him

pignuts

Brent Musberger, he makes a game seem really boring, cant stand to listen to him. Mike Patrick is one of my favorites

stronguard

Joe Theismann is by far the most annoying human being on the planet.  I wish Carl banks had broke his jaw instead.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Mark_Freeman

so we dont like musberger or al michaels but we can stand billy [CENSORED] packer and im drunk bill curry? i listen to those two and want to vomit. musberger and michaels are fine by me, besides, if you can listen to michaels '80 olympic call, "do you believe in miracles, YES!" and not get chills, you are not human.

Richard_white

Quote from: stronguard on March 03, 2006, 10:53:43 pm
Joe Theismann is by far the most annoying human being on the planet.  I wish Carl banks had broke his jaw instead.

Wasn't it Lawrence Taylor that broke his leg?

stronguard

Lawrence was on the other side and he is the one who called for the doctors to get out there, but it was Carl banks who actually broke his leg.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on March 03, 2006, 10:58:35 pm
Quote from: stronguard on March 03, 2006, 10:53:43 pm

Wasn't it Lawrence Taylor that broke his leg?
Yes.  And I agree.  That Sunday Night crew are a bunch of IDIOTS
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Richard_white

Quote from: stronguard on March 03, 2006, 10:59:12 pm
Lawrence was on the other side and he is the one who called for the doctors to get out there, but it was Carl banks who actually broke his leg.

Good call, thanks I thought it was LT that broke his leg all this time..+1 (stronguard)

Quote from: stronguard on March 03, 2006, 10:59:12 pm

Yeah, good call.  I knew I liked you when you got here.  Razorbacks4life, too.  WPS.

Come to the TAVERN

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 03, 2006, 11:33:30 pm
You guys are wrong. It was Taylor who broke Theisman's leg.

The video is here...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dx2lhnl3CdQ&search=theisman

Watch the reverse angle, about 3/4 of the way through that. Carson whiffed on Theisman is laying on the ground. Taylor jumps, catches Theisman with his left hand and then lands on Theisman's right leg.
Ahh yeah..it hurts sooooo good..

Hog in MO

Quote from: hangfifty on March 03, 2006, 05:34:46 pm
Dan Dierdorf, Todd Christenson, Brent Musberger

All act like every play is something they have never seen before, overdramatic.  Voted for the king of them all Dave Rowe.
You beat me to it - Brent Musberger gets my vote.  From your list though I had to go with Dicky VEE BABY!!!  He's a novelty that has long since lost his appeal.  I wonder if he gets his pay check directly from Duke now or if they still launder it through ESPN. 

94 Hawg

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Richard_white

Harry Carey

God Bless him but man, I hated when he had to clear his damn throat.
God forbid when the camera was on him.
Cubs Win Cubs Win

Woogie

Today's sober version of Harry Caray... the one, the only, Keith Jackson (not ARSN color commentary Keith, BTW).  He has turned into such a west coast homer that you cant even enjoy a game that he calls. 

berryhog

Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on March 04, 2006, 12:16:20 am
Harry Carey

Cubs Win Cubs Win

"He kisses her on the strikes, she kisses him on the balls ".  What's not to like about that ?  ;D

Foots

Wanna know whats worse than Dickie V? A Dickie V wannabe. That's Bill Raftery. "Tickles the twine!". "A nickel dimah!". That gets on my nerves. He is the worst color analyst ever!

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on March 04, 2006, 12:16:20 am
Harry Carey

Cubs Win Cubs Win

Nah, Harry was an icon!  I have a video tape of a game I attended...  I sent a note up to the pressbox to give a 'shout out' to my 'boyz' at the U of A when I was a student... Harry read my name on WGN and even gave a nice plug for us, "...from the University of Arkansas".  Then proceeded to try and pronounce my name spelled backwards!!!  "Strike two on Dunston" was the next thing he said.  It's priceless!!!

the donger

Bill Raftery in a landslide(Dicky V. wannabe).

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: the donger on March 04, 2006, 03:50:51 am
Bill Raftery in a landslide(Dicky V. wannabe).

Skip Carrey has the worst voice.  He knows the game...but who can stand to listen to him?
Retired Radio Host

HairyHog

There are so many to deserve that honor, but if I can only choose one... Bill Walton.

FBI

i saw cheryl miller earlier i have to go with her

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: geoffhog on March 03, 2006, 09:55:22 pm
Worst overall-Barry Booker. The worst single game performance goes to Cheryl Miller for the Ark-Texas game in Austin when Nolen walked off the court. She was awful.

I remember Cheryl in that game like it was yesterday.  Bad doesn't begin to describe her work that day.  I was shocked she ever picked up any more work after that miserable performance.

By the way, my votes for Walton - he just seems so dang arrogant.

Bacon out...

94 Hawg

Tim Mc Carver in baseball

"...and the reason for that is..." ::)
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

ThisLittlePiggie

March 04, 2006, 09:59:46 am #83 Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 10:01:30 am by ThisLittlePiggie
An all ??? star list of bad announcers/color analysts/commentators. Only qualification...they have to still be living. In no particular order:

Dick Vitale
Bill Raftery
Billy (fudge) Packer
Michael (the king's English) Irvin
Clark Kellogg
Sean (Sleepy) McDonough
Tim (shut the hell up) McCarver
Joe (look at me, I'm a star) Buck
Mike (frosty cold one) Shannon
Al Hrabosky
John (the mad telestrator) Madden
Dave (look at their hands on their hips-they're tired) Rowe
Bill Walton
Paul Eels
Keef Jackson
Keith Jackson
Brent Musburger
Any woman announcing a man's game

cardinalhawg

Guy Lewis was pretty bad as a color commentator if you guys remember him doing the SWC games after his days as coach of the Houston Cougars.  I remember him being very biased towards the Texas teams in the games those teams would play against Arkansas. 

I remember Ozzie Smith being pretty dry as a baseball color commentator for some of the Cardinal games if one wants to look at other sports.  He did not do that for long though.

Topcat

Quote from: Jerry Swinefeld on March 03, 2006, 07:36:35 pm
None of the above.

Barry Booker
Has to be the worst I've ever seen. Jefferson Pilot has a bunch of losers on their team, but he leads the pack. Billy Packer would head the list in all time suck ups to Duke. Even Nolan could figure out Packer.

Big Papa Satan

Anybody that works for Jefferson Pilot, especially Larry Conley or whatever his name is.

Keef Jackson makes me want to pull my hair out.  Keef, we do not want to hear you sing Righteous Brothers songs during timeouts.

Steven Asshat Smith makes me want to put a brick through the television, we well as Brent Musburger going orgasmic fifty times during an Oklahoma game.

But Dook Vitale makes me have the urge to murder kittens.

othermac

Quote from: Topcat on March 04, 2006, 12:33:52 pm
Quote from: Jerry Swinefeld on March 03, 2006, 07:36:35 pm
None of the above.

Barry Booker
Has to be the worst I've ever seen. Jefferson Pilot has a bunch of losers on their team, but he leads the pack. Billy Packer would head the list in all time suck ups to Duke. Even Nolan could figure out Packer.

did you get too much irish cream in your coffee this morning? barry booker is one of the more enlightning announcers out there.....not only does he speak from expereince, he has a wit and charm that makes any game he calls an absolute joy to watch.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Who was the "share the sugar" guy??  If he's on there then I'd vote for him...that was by far the most annoying announcer I've ever heard on TV.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Tater Salad

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 04, 2006, 01:42:41 pm
Who was the "share the sugar" guy??  If he's on there then I'd vote for him...that was by far the most annoying announcer I've ever heard on TV.

Cliff Ellis, and yes he is annoying, but I'd listen to him over Bill Walton any day.

wincrimson

Eli Gold-- Alabama

I hate that fat bastard.

Swino

Who is the black guy on CBS that looks like a tranny?  I don't like him much either.

Mooseknuckle is an absolute moron, pardner.

wincrimson

Quote from: Swino on March 04, 2006, 06:07:03 pm
Who is the black guy on CBS that looks like a tranny?  I don't like him much either.

Mooseknuckle is an absolute moron, pardner.

Len Elmore maybe?

pigfoot

Howard Cosel.  I'm sure some of the more senior members of this board will remember.
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

Hawgin84

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 04, 2006, 01:24:30 pm

That's hilarious. He makes feel the same way now that you mention it. I will not listen to any game or show that guy is on. ;D

Hog_from_Tulsa

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 04, 2006, 01:24:30 pm
Anybody that works for Jefferson Pilot, especially Larry Conley or whatever his name is.

Keef Jackson makes me want to pull my hair out.  Keef, we do not want to hear you sing Righteous Brothers songs during timeouts.

Steven Asshat Smith makes me want to put a brick through the television, we well as Brent Musburger going orgasmic fifty times during an Oklahoma game.

My biggest problem with "Keef Jackson" is the poor grammar.......
"We can't get no reform when we're the incumbent" - Pappy O'Daniel

TennesseeRaz

Forest Gump . . . or whatever that Vandy grad's name is who does JP games....

Ross U (HDHF)

I think I heard Stephen A. doin a high school game on ESPN...it was kind of terrifying and he never needs to do it again....EVER  :puke: