Previous topic - Next topic

Will ronnie stay or go?

nba
32 (16.9%)
stay for senioir season
157 (83.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

mbgrulz

the better we do, the less likely it is he stays. why stay? go make millions son.

HOGLUVIN

Brewer Sr. would like to see him graduate. Dunno. Hopefully he will stay.

freedomcounty

He's gone. We're just in denial.

King-Tusk

Two reasons to stay for his senior year:

1. Scotty Thurman's success

2. Olu Famutini's success

Ronnie leaves early and we can watch him next year with the RimRockers
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

NATEHOGG216

Just to let you know, you sound silly comparing rb to st or of
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

hogfankb

Quote from: King-Tusk on February 28, 2006, 10:36:02 am

While I don't think it would be in his best interest to leave this year comparing him to Olu is a bit harsh.

And the RimRockers? I mean give the guy some credit. Most guys projected in the first round end up atleast in the league.

But without improving his jump shot I think he is just a role player in the NBA.

King-Tusk

The RimRockers may be harsh, but the point is he needs another to fine tune his skills before making that leap.  I don't want to see him as just a role player, I want him to be the player he can be.  
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

hogfankb

Quote from: King-Tusk on February 28, 2006, 10:45:14 am
The RimRockers may be harsh, but the point is he needs another to fine tune his skills before making that leap.  I don't want to see him as just a role player, I want him to be the player he can be.  

Agreed. Your comparisons were just a little exagerated.

JFHWGBKRIII

The decision is his and his family's.
I assure you all that my family would want for him to stay as much as anyone on this board.
He is definitely an asset to the program and his leadership next year would know no bounds .
Whatever his decision, I for one believe that he will do what is right for him.
:razorback: :razorback:

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on February 28, 2006, 10:11:21 am
Brewer Sr. would like to see him graduate. Dunno. Hopefully he will stay.
AND it's not like the family is broke and needs Jr. to help pay the bills.  This is all speculation on my part, but Ron Sr. I'm sure could make it worth Ronnie's time to stay another year if $ was the only issue.  Furthermore, since it is all in the family, there's not a **** thing the NCAA could do about it :D

HatfieldHog

Gentleman, If Ronnie Brewer is projected to go in the draft where ESPN says that he could (7th, overall), then he would be an idiot to stay for another year.  His draft stock could not go up with another year in college.   A 7th overall pick could ink a multi-million $ signing bonus.

I want him to stay, but good sense says "no"      See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Lando Calrissian

This late season (team) success might entice him to stick around and see what happens next year.

And to be honest, I don't think he's quite ready for the NBA yet.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

ctthras

Maybe the worst post of all time.......comparing the two is just stupid...he is projected as 6th pick......famutimi was not

blueshog2001

With the potential this team has next year, I envision Ronnie staying.  Arkansas would come back to it's glory days and teams would fear the day we are on the schedule!! :razorback:

hogfan064

Maybe this is an inappropriate question, but his family isn't exactly hurting for money are they?  Ronnie should do what's best for him. If he's a lottery pick then go, if anything lower then stay.  He'd be crazy not to go if he knew he was a lottery pick.

Lokirain

I think the oppo
Quote from: mbgrulz on February 28, 2006, 10:08:38 am
the better we do, the less likely it is he stays. why stay? go make millions son.

I think the opposite is true. He loves the Hogs and now that we are successful, why wouldn't that be more motivation for him to continue? If we were doing poorly, I would say Ronnie would go, what reason would he have to stay? But if we go to the Sweet 16 (let's just pretend for a second) Ronnie would only just have a taste of March Madness and want to bring the hardware back to Fayetteville. He is an Arkansas boy after all.

mbgrulz

the more success we have, the more exposure he gets. when you are winning, they start pumpin sunshine up your ass. when you lose, they look for things wrong with you. media has a lot to do with drafts, if the nation gets to watch ronnie a couple of times, they will fall in love. when you are top 10, there is nothing left to prove. but if he wants to stay, i will be more than happy. im just thinking honestly. just remember - last year, sean may was all about staying until the season ended and the agents came around talking $'s.

mutdog

Is there injury insurance available for athletes like Brewer?

hogsrbad

His Momma is going to see that he staya and gets that degree. We will have Ronnie another year.

three

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 28, 2006, 02:16:40 pm
Maybe this is an inappropriate question, but his family isn't exactly hurting for money are they?  Ronnie should do what's best for him. If he's a lottery pick then go, if anything lower then stay.  He'd be crazy not to go if he knew he was a lottery pick.
Though I don't know about his entire family's financial security, his father blew all the money he made in the NBA.  I'm not saying he's broke, but he was when he retired.

As far as Ronnie goes, I think he might actually stay.  He seems to be taking a lot of LONG threes late in the season, right?  And he's not hitting many of them.  He may be thinking about his NBA range, or lack there of.  IMHO, I believe he's starting to realize he's not ready.  That said, he wins SEC POY and they play two in the SECT and two in the NCAAT, I think he's smart enough to know you leave when you're stock is up.

You could also say this.  One reason for Brew to go early:

1.  Corliss Williamson.

Corliss goes pro after his sophomore year, he's a top 5 pick, maybe No. 1 (don't think Golden State would have taken Joe Smith over the Final 4 MOP).  He stays for his JR year, struggles as the pre-season POY favorite, is the last pick of the lottery, 13th overall.

Be careful when you make comparisons.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

boomo26

They talked about this on Sunday's game.  Ron Brewer Sr. is real big on a college education, Ronny will do what his dad says.

Boomo

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: mbgrulz on February 28, 2006, 10:08:38 am

I disagree. I think the better we do, the more likely he stays. Just my opinion.

tophawg19

i can think of several million reasons to leave early . after all to be honest you are 1 injury away from never playing again and the insurance will not cover the amount of money he would lose long term . i like brewer and just want whats best for him whatever he choses . either way it's win/win for us as recruits like to see teams place players in the lottery .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: boomo26 on March 08, 2006, 04:42:50 pm
They talked about this on Sunday's game.  Ron Brewer Sr. is real big on a college education, Ronny will do what his dad says.

Boomo

I don't know any of the Brewer family.  However, last night, Mike Irwin posted something about Ron Sr. urging Ronnie to enter the NBA draft while mom wants him to stay in school.  If it were me, I'd go for the $$$.  The only reason I have a degree is so I could make more money than I could without one.  There aren't too many professions that pay better than "professional athlete."  Besides, when you're the ripe old age of 30, you can go back and finish your degree while living in a mansion driving a custom Benz.

mbgrulz

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 08, 2006, 05:31:40 pm
i can think of several million reasons to leave early . after all to be honest you are 1 injury away from never playing again and the insurance will not cover the amount of money he would lose long term . i like brewer and just want whats best for him whatever he choses . either way it's win/win for us as recruits like to see teams place players in the lottery .
so true. either way ronnie has helped the UA program.

razorburn

The Brewer family does not have $.
I will get smites for this, but i am also afraid that Ron Sr. will go through Ronnie's $ too.  Those of us who have dealt closely with Ron Sr. know exactly what i am talking about.  Ron's wife Carolyn is solid.  i just wish the best for Ronnie either way.

HOGLIGULA

hopefully he stays and improves his draft status by developing his game more to attract larger offers from the NBA guys.
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

mbgrulz

Quote from: razorburn on March 08, 2006, 07:28:59 pm
I will get smites for this, but i am also afraid that Ron Sr. will go through Ronnie's $ too.  Those of us who have dealt closely with Ron Sr. know exactly what i am talking about.  Ron's wife Carolyn is solid.  i just wish the best for Ronnie either way.
i'll back you up on this, the brewer family is such a nice family, but i know where you are coming from here. not saying it will happen, but history suggests it is possible.

hogtheball

Quote from: mbgrulz on March 08, 2006, 10:10:19 pm
i'll back you up on this, the brewer family is such a nice family, but i know where you are coming from here. not saying it will happen, but history suggests it is possible.

I go through all my money every month (heck, every week).  Big deal.  How much money Ron Brewer has spent is a ridiculous thing to comment on.  Ron Brewer senior is one of the greatest athletes to ever wear a Razorback uniform.  Without the things he did on the court, we would have never been able to build the program we were able to build. 

Instead of commenting on how much money Brewer has or hasn't gone through in his life, we might look at his kids to see what kind of father he's been.   I've seen nothing in any of his kids to suggest that he's been anything less than a great father.  I'm sure Ron Jr. will make more than enough money to take care of himself.   I'd be willing to bet that his father can give him some extremely valuable advice on what to do and not do with his money.     
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Deuce Pigelow

Quote from: HatfieldHog on February 28, 2006, 11:03:44 am
Gentleman, If Ronnie Brewer is projected to go in the draft where ESPN says that he could (7th, overall), then he would be an idiot to stay for another year.  His draft stock could not go up with another year in college.   A 7th overall pick could ink a multi-million $ signing bonus.

I want him to stay, but good sense says "no"      See ya

I agree. I have pulled up several mock drafts and every one of them have him as a lottery pick if not top ten. That is "guaranteed" money. He probably would not be any higher if he stays.

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: hogtheball on March 09, 2006, 12:04:31 am
Quote from: mbgrulz on March 08, 2006, 10:10:19 pm

I go through all my money every month (heck, every week).  Big deal.  How much money Ron Brewer has spent is a ridiculous thing to comment on.  Ron Brewer senior is one of the greatest athletes to ever wear a Razorback uniform.  Without the things he did on the court, we would have never been able to build the program we were able to build. 

Instead of commenting on how much money Brewer has or hasn't gone through in his life, we might look at his kids to see what kind of father he's been.   I've seen nothing in any of his kids to suggest that he's been anything less than a great father.  I'm sure Ron Jr. will make more than enough money to take care of himself.   I'd be willing to bet that his father can give him some extremely valuable advice on what to do and not do with his money.    

Best one in a long time. 2nd post ive read today and it looks like it is going to be a good one.
I dont know how old you are, but clearly you "get it". Good for you. I think you are going to be a good man. +1

razorburn

Can't resist....he(Ron Sr.) borrowed $150 from my 72 year old mom.....she had him write an IOU.....although repeatedly asking him to pay her back (she is 72 and still works 40 hours a week), he won't.  she even called him and he said he was coming to her work to pay her back....he didn't.  i appreciate what he did for Razorback bball, but he isn't the saint you're making him out to be....just ask Sports retailers (like guy davis at Best Sports) about how he pays his bills.......    with all of that said, Ronnie is a great kid and i wish him the best......just hope he takes after his mom ethically.  smite away....

Ark Blitz

Go get your money.  No, reason to stay.  He can always come back to get his degree.

HatfieldHog

Quote from: freedomcounty on February 28, 2006, 10:27:26 am
He's gone. We're just in denial.

Don't know who you are, but you are one of the only voices of truth about this subject.  He is going, so let's get real about it.  He'd be a dummy to not go.  Projected as the #8 overall pick.  Picture this choice:  $3,000,000.00 signing bonus vs. a degree from U of A?

You make the choice!   He can always get that degree, but he can't always get that bonus.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Bubba_Hog

His family has money, his mom is a teacher, his dad wants him to stay, and he enjoys being the Big Man on campus. Enough said.
Hey buddy, why don't you go grab daddy a cold one outta the fridge!

Brutalis

Brewer is gunna stay. nbadraft.net and all these other scouting sites are just ignorant.

his draft stalk will be top 10 if he stays for a senior year. already robbed in sec player of the year id personally have a feeling of something to accomplish with the talent coming in.

they could use some wheening anyways.
God, please let the my Hogs be just half as good as my Spurs. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh meeennnnnnnnnnn

mj4president

I cant believe you even said Scotty and Olu. Ronnie is a TOP 10 pick by most people. Olu and Scotty were not sure they would be drafted. Ronnie is a sure thing. Love to see him stay but there isnt a chance in the world.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

mutdog

What degree at the UofA is he getting that will make him $3 mill when he graduates.  Well, let's put it this way.  $100,000/yr x 30 yrs = $3,000,000.  Time to retire.  I would love for Brewer to stay, but look at numbers.  I hope he knows how to invest.

HOGLUVIN

Found out this am that Univ of Ark will let him come back and get his degree anytime that he wants.
Considering that fact, he would be an idiot not to go pro.

Every game that we win, regionally and/or nationally televised, means that people are getting to see his greatness.

Ronnie:: eat it up my man. Stay right in the head and go be rich.

mountainhog

that is the most ridiculous post ive ever heard , what are you smoking?

HogJoeHelm

Does anyone know where Brewer Sr. was picked in the draft?

7th overall pick.  That's exactly where Jr. is projected.

Sr. did not have the NBA career he wanted.  All four of his children other than Ronnie have graduated college.  Ronnie looks up to his dad a lot, and his dad wants him to get his degree.  End of story.