• 385,390 Topics
• 21,589 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: So Gus knew all along  (Read 14241 times)

jburcka

• Bench Warmer
  • UofA Grad 09, UofA JD 12
Re: So Gus knew all along
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2012, 10:48:26 am »

why don't you try and distort the facts a little more than you did.  what gus actually said was....he was told that dyer had been given a speeding ticket and that there was marijuana  and a gun in the car.  when he asked dyer about it he was told that the gun was registered and in the trunk. dyer adamantly denied any drugs.  since there was nothing issued except the speeding ticket it was gus's understanding no laws were broken.        any coach would have done the same thing gus did.  your dislike of gus clouds any meaningful post youhave on this subject.  i wish the vocal minority would stop these senseless attacks on a good man.
[/quote]

^this.

I don't get why people all the sudden want to start talking about asu. I mean.. It is asu. Who cares? Is Gus a good coach? yes. Did he do the same thing most coaches would have done? Yes. Is someone innocent (even dyer) until proven otherwise in our society? Yes. There weren't even charges associated with the stop.  Above all else, we are talking about asu on a razorback board. Asu never has nor ever will matter. Ever.

hoghiker

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2012, 10:50:24 am »

I'm pretty neutral on Gus. If he turns out to be a great coach, he should get the same consideration as any other coach looking to helm the hill. He's not met the standard yet, but he might someday. Some defense of Gus. If every football player in America that packs a pistol and smokes weed was excluded from playing on Saturdays, or Friday night for that matter, there would be a numbers pinch for players. Some offense of Gus. Just coach and quit preaching ethics. If you start walking on water, people will notice. No need to advertise.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

dc10x1103

• Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2012, 10:52:43 am »

why don't you try and distort the facts a little more than you did.  what gus actually said was....he was told that dyer had been given a speeding ticket and that there was marijuana  and a gun in the car.  when he asked dyer about it he was told that the gun was registered and in the trunk. dyer adamantly denied any drugs.  since there was nothing issued except the speeding ticket it was gus's understanding no laws were broken.        any coach would have done the same thing gus did.  your dislike of gus clouds any meaningful post youhave on this subject.  i wish the vocal minority would stop these senseless attacks on a good man.

^this.

I don't get why people all the sudden want to start talking about asu. I mean.. It is asu. Who cares? Is Gus a good coach? yes. Did he do the same thing most coaches would have done? Yes. Is someone innocent (even dyer) until proven otherwise in our society? Yes. There weren't even charges associated with the stop.  Above all else, we are talking about asu on a razorback board. Asu never has nor ever will matter. Ever.
you are absolutely correct in what you said. 

pigfeet

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2012, 10:55:10 am »

This Trooper is one shady mutha

More stuff is coming out about him.

http://arkansasmatters.com/fulltext?nxd_id=566982

RT1941

• Senior
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2012, 10:56:05 am »

1st of all...i don't know his wife, but i doubt very seriously if you have the knowledge to make that statement.  2nd...i know you do not have the knowledge to make that statement about his offense.    from the time he became a college coach....in 2006, inspite of hdn the offense was #29 w/10 wins.   2007...tulsa   gus's offense was #1 in the country    2008...tulsa   #1  again    2009 auburn  #16    2010  auburn  #7  w/ a national championship   2011   auburn  #100 w/out a qb        5of 6 years  in the top 30 in the country. 3 of 6 in the top 10      and 2 of 6 as #1.   now repeat what you said about his offense.
Gus has had effective/productive offenses in his wide and varied college coaching career.  Why isn't he still at AU raking in a +$1.2mm/yr salary right now? 

Sivad

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2012, 10:57:02 am »

The Gus defense:

jburcka

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2012, 11:04:48 am »

Gus has had effective/productive offenses in his wide and varied college coaching career.  Why isn't he still at AU raking in a +$1.2mm/yr salary right now? 

Because he is making 850k + an undisclosed amount as a head coach at an Arkansas school instead of a coordinator. He left AU by choice - he wasn't fired. Statistically, he has had a very impressive career. I personally don't think Nick Saban could turn ASU into a serious contender in the college football landscape. Heck, if Gus actually can do at asu what peterson at Boise has been able to do - he really is a truly incredible head coach. I dont think it's possible for ASU to ever be good though, whoever is their head coach.

RT1941

• Senior
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2012, 11:17:21 am »

Because he is making 850k + an undisclosed amount as a head coach at an Arkansas school instead of a coordinator. He left AU by choice - he wasn't fired. Statistically, he has had a very impressive career. I personally don't think Nick Saban could turn ASU into a serious contender in the college football landscape. Heck, if Gus actually can do at asu what peterson at Boise has been able to do - he really is a truly incredible head coach. I dont think it's possible for ASU to ever be good though, whoever is their head coach.
Well, technically Ted Roof wasn't fired from Auburn either.   Chizik suggested he find other employment opportunites.  The word around Auburn is that Gus was pretty much told the same thing. 

Gus' HUNH offense, with the meercat popping up and peering to the sidelines before evey offensive snap, and the 'Wildcat' package peppered in, and the flashcard signals had grown old and predictable.

jburcka

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2012, 11:23:55 am »

You may be right. He may have been forced out, I dont know. AU did want to go in the pro style direction.

That said, it's not often that a head coach forces out the highest paid coordinator in college football... Who just won you a national championship and was a broyles award winner for being college football's best assistant coach.

secneahog

• #Uncommon Armon Watts!!
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2012, 11:24:32 am »

I after think going 10-3, ASU fans are like Razorback fans all they want from ole Gus is to win. ASU has more than enough talent on their roster to win another SBC championship, even if they are young.

I do think most ASU fans now understand what most Razorback fans have always known,  if you want to win you will probably have some players that might be prone to getting into trouble from time to time, but you deal with it.

Asu was drooling over Dyer....ha     

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Bringing Refinement To Hogville Since '09
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2012, 11:30:56 am »

Because he is making 850k + an undisclosed amount as a head coach at an Arkansas school instead of a coordinator. He left AU by choice ...

Only a koolade drinking, Gus worhsiper could believe this nonsense.

He may not have been fired, but he was certainly invited to move on down the road.

How else could you possibly explain all the contradictions, including why he would turn down almost double the money to coach in the SEC one year, then take the ASU job?

It's just another thing you guys try to sell that doesn't even come close to passing the smell test.

WilsonHog

« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2012, 11:31:37 am »

In the context of hammering Malzahn and Dyer, y'all are missing the bigger picture.

Seminole Indian nailed it perfectly when he said he was shocked at how much power Malzahn has around the state.

It actually already started; the first column I read on this, published in our only state-wide newspaper, was already painting a positive picture of Gus as being the right leader for ASU.

I'll make two statements. Let's see if they hold water:

(1) if you are holding your breath waiting on the media - state or national -  to paint Malzahn like they did Petrino, you will die waiting; and

(2) if you think this will at all tarnish the portrayal of Gus around Arkansas, you are dead wrong.     

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2012, 11:32:56 am »

1st of all...i don't know his wife, but i doubt very seriously if you have the knowledge to make that statement. 

Agree completely.

Just because she may have an issue with knowing when to keep her trap shut, as many of us do, doesn't mean she "is trash".

Brewhahog

• Varsity
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2012, 11:37:12 am »

You guys are missing the big part of the story...the car belongs to who?  And maybe Dyer didn't know the weed was in the car?? 

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2012, 11:37:41 am »

You may be right. He may have been forced out, I dont know. AU did want to go in the pro style direction.

I don't know about the truth of that -- they'd been recruiting kids to play in Gus' system for a couple of years.  Kind of foolish in the middle of that to suddenly desire to go "in the pro style direction".

I believe the truth of it was Cheesewhiz could not longer take Gus' HUNH, and Gus' complete belief in it.

It is a defense killing offensive scheme.  While I don't give Cheesewhiz credit for much going on upstairs, he was smart enough to see truth about the HUNH, and to take action on it.

I think Kristie's video comments were just the last straw, although the Dyer covering and those issues are a new potential issue in there, too.

atekido

« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2012, 11:39:50 am »

Gus is a scumbag,  Sadly a lot of the NW Homers think he is the next coming of Christ.  He used his own HS players to get his foot into college.   People were just to blind to see that too and we all know he was guilty with the cam situation.  it will come out in 10 or so years!

hogfan870

• Senior
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2012, 11:41:39 am »

I have always thought Gus was a good coach.  I have never liked this persona of some "holier than thou" type of figure.  (I think his wife is a liability also, but if she will just shut up from now on, he can probably get over that.  Who has ever cared what any other coach's wife has had to say?)  Hopefully now, people can stop with all the "man of God" stuff and we can just judge him like we do all other football coaches; by their win and loss record. 

I would still love to have Petrino back.  Gus is no different morally than any of these other coaches, and maybe this will get people to quit with all that stuff. 

dc10x1103

• Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2012, 11:52:20 am »

He may not have been fired, but he was certainly invited to move on down the road.

How else could you possibly explain all the contradictions, including why he would turn down almost double the money to coach in the SEC one year, then take the ASU job?

It's just another thing you guys try to sell that doesn't even come close to passing the smell test.
i have to admit b.d. you are a hard man to convince.  but in spite all of your misconceived opinions about gus's offense, just remember.......in 2007 tulsa was #1 in total offense in the ncaa. (auburn was #89)    in 2008   tulsa was #1 again (auburn was 105)     in 2009   gus moved to auburn and they went from 105 to #16.   in 2010 auburn was #7  and won a nat'l championship.  and yes i know they were #100 in 2011.  (w/o a qb)

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2012, 11:59:07 am »

Sounds like an AD I know.

I'm impressed you know AD Lee.........................

tennhawg

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2012, 12:08:38 pm »

Years ago when so many NW Ark types were professing gussy as "a man of God" and holier than thou it was a big red flag to me that they had a man crush on him and were just idol worshipers. Anyone who wears their religon on their sleave will have to  work extra hard to earn any respect from me. Too many extremists both ways.

idochog

• ITS SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL TIME
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2012, 12:13:30 pm »

Gus knows how to kiss the right A$$es in the state much like Nutt did.

That way you extend your career w/o necessarily deserving it.

That's how he will get a shot at coaching the Hogs even tho I don't think he is the right guy

dooley

• Senior
  • Knowledge is good.
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2012, 12:26:40 pm »

Let me get this straight:  A police officer with nothing to gain and everything to lose gives MD a pass and gives his coach a heads-up on the situation.  MD gives Gus a different story and - here's the part that gets me - knowing MD's history, Gus nobly chooses to believe his player.  Yeah, I don't see that.

Aston Martin 8 dude

« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2012, 12:33:07 pm »

Simple explanation that will clearly show why GM would have trusted MD's word. Dyer's NEVER been known to be in trouble before, especially when it comes to firearms. Who would have thought, much less believed, such a thing? I'm SHOCKED I tell you, just SHOCKED!!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 01:02:32 pm by Aston Martin 8 dude »

KlubhouseKonnected

• OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2012, 12:55:26 pm »

sluuuuuurp

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2012, 01:00:14 pm »

i have to admit b.d. you are a hard man to convince.  but in spite all of your misconceived opinions about gus's offense, just remember.......in 2007 tulsa was #1 in total offense in the ncaa. (auburn was #89)    in 2008   tulsa was #1 again (auburn was 105)     in 2009   gus moved to auburn and they went from 105 to #16.   in 2010 auburn was #7  and won a nat'l championship.  and yes i know they were #100 in 2011.  (w/o a qb)

You know my take on his offense, and it's never been a question of it's productivity.

The issue is the TEAM -- it's a defense killer and will only win big at a few selected places and situations.

And Arkansas is not one of them.  And apparently Cheesewhiz finally decided neither was Auburn.

I'm going to shock you here, but let me tell what almost happened a few years ago that scared me crapless: Malzahn as OC at Alabama.

His name was in the mix down there, I can't remember the year, but it was right after Saban's first NC down there.  Again, I can't remember what happened to Saban's OC, maybe he went to Washington or something.  Anyway, there were reports Saban was looking to hire Malzahn, but it never materialized.

But that would be a scary deal, for the rest of us, at least.  Bama is one place that has the defensive talent and depth to be able to handle the HUNH pressure Gus puts on his own defense with it.

I wonder if Saban couldn't get Gus to let go of his rigid commitment to the HUNH?

At any rate, you'll never hear me run down Gus offensive mind.  I think he's one of the best out there.  He's just got to learn to find balance with his team's defense, and he'll never get there with his HUNH.

KlubhouseKonnected

• OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2012, 01:00:46 pm »

1st of all...i don't know his wife, but i doubt very seriously if you have the knowledge to make that statement.  2nd...i know you do not have the knowledge to make that statement about his offense.    from the time he became a college coach....in 2006, inspite of hdn the offense was #29 w/10 wins.   2007...tulsa   gus's offense was #1 in the country    2008...tulsa   #1  again    2009 auburn  #16    2010  auburn  #7  w/ a national championship   2011   auburn  #100 w/out a qb        5of 6 years  in the top 30 in the country. 3 of 6 in the top 10      and 2 of 6 as #1.   now repeat what you said about his offense.

And he flew one time too!!!

KlubhouseKonnected

• OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2012, 01:03:29 pm »

He skated out ahead of the future failure of his system due to a lack of freak athlete to make it run. (dmac/Cam)

His mickey mouse BS doesn't fly in the SEC without a freak.

dc10x1103

• Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2012, 01:06:54 pm »

And he flew one time too!!!
at least you aren't slurring your words now.  i was a little concerned you might be starting a trifle early.

hawgXi

• Senior
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2012, 01:07:05 pm »

This Trooper is one shady mutha

More stuff is coming out about him.

here's a hypothetical scenario:

trooper let's player off the hook for drug & gun violations.
trooper comes back at a later date and ask the player to have a couple fumbles in the next game.
trooper cleans up on big bet.

does stuff like this happen?

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2012, 01:07:55 pm »

Let me get this straight:  A police officer with nothing to gain and everything to lose gives MD a pass and gives his coach a heads-up on the situation.  MD gives Gus a different story and - here's the part that gets me - knowing MD's history, Gus nobly chooses to believe his player. Yeah, I don't see that.

You're right, it definitely doesn't pass the smell test to any degree.

HoggyCat

« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2012, 01:08:23 pm »

Let me get this straight:  A police officer with nothing to gain and everything to lose gives MD a pass and gives his coach a heads-up on the situation.  MD gives Gus a different story and - here's the part that gets me - knowing MD's history, Gus nobly chooses to believe his player.  Yeah, I don't see that.

Actually, Royce Denney is the officer that conducted the traffic stop. The officer that warned GM of the gun and weed was a different officer as well as a former ASUck football player.

Either way it doesn't matter. Gus was informed and took the word of a thug over that of a concerned alum that is also someone of a respected position, supposedly.

HoggyCat

« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2012, 01:10:21 pm »

I thought Cheezit told him to be looking elsewhere before he was forced to do something. I've heard that a few times anyway.

Redhogs

• Time to cruise.
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2012, 01:16:01 pm »

You have the advantage of me, I don't have your gifts.

I do have the time,resources and contacts to start digging and I am now intrested in knowing the real scoop about both programs.

May take some time and money but I'll see if I can did up any skeletons. Heck, this will be fun.
To bad Jeff Long is not your AD.....if he was....you would be looking for a new coach right now....maybe not though....he only fires top 5 coaches.. ;) ;) ;)

Redhogs

• Time to cruise.
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2012, 01:19:25 pm »

Gus knows how to kiss the right A$$es in the state much like Nutt did.

That way you extend your career w/o necessarily deserving it.

That's how he will get a shot at coaching the Hogs even tho I don't think he is the right guy
"That's how he will get a shot at coaching the Hogs even tho I don't think he is the right guy".....NEVER HAPPEN.....would set the fan base on fire...mediocre coach at best...HDN part deux....

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2012, 01:31:54 pm »

Just a question...it is happening to a kid who chose Auburn over us, and a HC who, though from Arkansas, has nothing to do with the U of A at this point. So, who cares?

idochog

« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2012, 01:46:05 pm »

Just a question...it is happening to a kid who chose Auburn over us, and a HC who, though from Arkansas, has nothing to do with the U of A at this point. So, who cares?

I care b/c I think some of the GOBN is behind the elevation of Gus and see him as a way to get their lost power and access back.

Of course the press are never gonna say anything bad about an Arkansas boy who makes their job easier (see HDN)

hogz17

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2012, 02:06:47 pm »

I guess I would like for someone to explain to me how Gus did anything improper in this situation, but I suspect I am out of luck.  As I see the situation, Dyer had contact with a law enforcement officer in March in which all that came of the traffic stop was a traffic violation.  Gus found out and decided to handle the situation internally based upon what he was told by Dyer and a member of law enforcement.  Gus later finds out that Dyer was dishonest with him about the true nature of the incident and almost immediately dismisses Dyer from the team.  I guess I fail to see the cover-up or improper behavior on Gus' part. 

As for the State Trooper he was free to do what he wanted.  He was not obligated to arrest Dyer regardless of the situation.  Not every one that gets stopped for speeding gets a ticket.  Not every college kid walking down Dickson drunk gets a ticket.  Not everyone in possession of pot gets arrested.  It is called discretion. 

What some of you need to realize is that your own Arkansas Razorback football players have contact with law enforcement that the public never hears about.  I guess our coaches are dishonest too because they don't tell the public about every little thing going on with the players.

I figure I just wasted about ten minutes of my day writing this post as most of you that think Gus did something wrong will not change their mind regardless of who tells you what.   

hogz17

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2012, 02:11:39 pm »

It seems you are the one spewing nonsense.  Gus had one year left on his contract at Auburn which was worth 1.3 million.  You really think they were going to force him out and risk paying 1.3 million for a coach not standing on the sidelines.  Makes a hell of a lot of sense to me. 

« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2012, 02:19:30 pm »

Because it was quite clear I wasn't going to get anything but onesided opinions offered as absolute fact from this thread, I wandered off trying to find information that might actually be truthful concerning this situation.  I googled it up but the info was 2 days old. 

Does anyone here know where the real truth at least as reported might be.   I don't live in Arkansas so all this might be old news back home. 

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2012, 02:41:24 pm »

http://www.arkansassports360.com/85839/red-wolves-malzahn-discusses-details-of-dyer-dismissal

You can also try (but must subscribe to get full story)

www.jonesborosun.com
www.arkansasonline.com
....ooops, did you say "real truth"?
well about that...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:44:39 pm by (notOM)Rebel123 »

KlubhouseKonnected

• OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2012, 02:41:47 pm »

i was a little concerned you might be starting a trifle early.

who stops?

KlubhouseKonnected

• OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2012, 04:18:22 pm »

Gus is a fraud. I can't wait till they find his torture porn dungeon.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:35:25 pm by KlubhouseKonnected »

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2012, 04:27:49 pm »

OK, Gus worshippers, pay attention on this:

http://www.arkansassports360.com/85839/red-wolves-malzahn-discusses-details-of-dyer-dismissal  (Same article as linked above)

Quote from article:

Malzahn said he was told at the time the stop involved a gun and drugs, but after following up with Dyer was led to believe only a gun was involved.

Malzahn said Dyer “adamantly” denied having been in possession of drugs. Because Dyer was only issued a $175 speeding ticket, there “was no evidence of drug use [and] no citation issued for drug possession,” Malzahn decided to handle the matter internally.

Here's the deal with this:  Either Gus is lying through his teeth when he said this, OR he's one of the dumbest head coaches in all of CFB.

So, guys, which is it?  There is no third option.

Let's get some feedback from the audience.

HoopS

« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2012, 04:28:40 pm »

I know a few of you love to go after Gus, but I'm sensing that others are starting to realize what you're trying to do.  You may just be helping build support for him with each post. 

uams1989

• Hogvillian
  • At some places, they play football...we live it!
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2012, 04:40:21 pm »

I started a thread about this a couple of days ago (and it got moved to General Sports - which is fine.  I don't care about that) but, that was my question.

I think this looks really bad for Malzahn.  I'm sure he can get by it, but, it sure looks like he was told, let Dyer go through spring practice and spring game, finds out about the NCAA denial, and then conveniently let's Dyer go the day before the video release.

idochog

« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2012, 05:02:20 pm »

I still say Gus is all about Gus moving up the ladder and he is exhibiting behavior that supports that theory

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2012, 05:07:04 pm »

I know a few of you love to go after Gus, but I'm sensing that others are starting to realize what you're trying to do.  You may just be helping build support for him with each post. 

First, I appreciate your opinion and the feedback.  I guess a sympathetic backlash could be possible on this.

Second, I don't love going after Gus.  Although I know Gus did wrong here and that he's lying to cover his rear, I would tend to put that into perspective in a larger scheme of things, I guess.

I do have a problem with those who refuse to accept the truth in this deal, and who themselves lie in an attempt to provide cover for Gus.  IMO that's worse than the original lie.  These people are now acting in concert with his lie, but they have no burden of leadership/decision making on their shoulders.  They have no pressure upon them to lie, but yet they do.

I loved Bobby Petrino every bit as much as they guys love Gus, but I would not have lied in an attempt to minimize the repercussions that came upon him from his misdeeds, which, like Gus, included lying.

HoopS

« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2012, 05:34:29 pm »

The problem is....I have watched people go after him for years.  Not you specifically.  Anyway, there were times it may have been deserved and certainly there were times it wasn't.  Over time, your target audience begins to see it as just “so and so making another mountain out of a mole hill” and if you're hoping to influence some to see it as you do, I think picking your spots, and letting some minor things slide without picking them to pieces, would serve you (not necessarily you - those who seek to tear him down) well. 

It is somewhat like the little boy who cried wolf.  We've heard it for years.  Some are becoming immune and or starting to shift their beliefs about the whole situation.  Comes off as a witch hunt.

I was against Nutt in his last few years here. He did so many things for me to be strong in that corner, yet I watched some go over the top in trying to make it even worse.  It was bad enough sticking to the solid facts.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:38:42 pm by HoopS »

KlubhouseKonnected

• OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2012, 05:40:12 pm »

[/i]
Here's the deal with this:  Either Gus is lying through his teeth when he said this, OR he's one of the dumbest head coaches in all of CFB.

His supporters have always led me to believe Gus is a total idiot. According to them Gus had no idea he was only offered a job at Arkansas so that he would then bring Mitch, Ben and Damien Williams with him.

He believed he earned it on his merits and that they were entirely unrelated and that of course he was going to come straight out of high school and have complete authority of a major college offense. That happens all the time right???

He was shcoked to find out HE HAD BEEN USED!!! He had no choice but to abandon those boys to Nutt and take advantage of the tremendous head start his career had just been given. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:44:26 pm by KlubhouseKonnected »

KlubhouseKonnected

• OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2012, 05:41:51 pm »

lulz. How long have you been posting here? This place used to be a freaking Gus Clownzahn fetish fest. Only the truly smitten still remain.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas