Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Things Gruden--MERGED

Started by jbcarol, April 15, 2012, 03:05:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

and they are considering CBP.........Wow.....the carousel is beginning to spin...

"As reported by The Read Optional's Oliver Connolly and Trey Wallace, Tennessee officials have offered the Super Bowl-winning coach "over $10 million a year" to lead the Volunteers. Connolly and Wallace also report the Vols are eyeing TCU's Gary Patterson, Louisville's Bobby Petrino and Purdue's Jeff Brohm."
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tusks

Jeff Long is in his man cave listening to 'the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and round, all through the town'.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

onebadrubi

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 29, 2017, 04:14:12 pm
and they are considering CBP.........Wow.....the carousel is beginning to spin...

Cbp will be mentioned among both tenner and Florida openings, who knows how serious those rumors will be.  I don't see cbp sticking around lville if he can get a coaches friendly contract

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: rhames on October 29, 2017, 04:19:11 pm
Hahahaha.

I do think they could get Petrino

I just hope BP doesn't end up in the SECW.....unless..... ;)
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Ragnar Hogbrok

$10 million/ year? That's some serious cabbage. What if they don't pan out? $1 billion buyout?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on October 29, 2017, 04:16:09 pm
Jeff Long is in his man cave listening to 'the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and round, all through the town'.
Nah, he's spending Foundation money going to the World Series with DVH.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

GoHogs1091

They can try to get Gary Patterson, but they probably won't get him.

It has been rumored that Patterson has been promised a mineral right to a shale if he stays at TCU.  It is rumored that the mineral right is worth $20 million.

If true, really no other school can compete with a one-time payout of $20 million.

RebelliousHog

Everything we've heard about Gruden is that he likes the cushy gig he has now and doesn't relish the idea of sucking up to 18 year old kids.

Given his situation I think he's right. 
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Dark Helmet Hog

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: HenduHog on October 29, 2017, 04:29:25 pm
Everything we've heard about Gruden is that he likes the cushy gig he has now and doesn't relish the idea of sucking up to 18 year old kids.

Given his situation I think he's right. 

The only things I know that gives the Gruden thing any plausibility is the culture at ESPN is a shell of what it used to be due in part to the mass cost cutting personnel moves. A lot of talent there see more cut writing on the wall.  The other thing is, Gruden was really close with Mike Tirico and I don't believe he has near the rapport with Sean McDonough. Whether those things are enough for Gruden to leave and go into the college game, only a few really know. I tend to think he and his agent like to float his name for a relevance pick me up...and with more nfl intentions.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

3Scoreand10

This salary thing for collage coaches is obscene.
I hope we don't go there.

sickboy

Quote from: 3Scoreand10 on October 29, 2017, 05:18:00 pm
This salary thing for collage coaches is obscene.
I hope we don't go there.

Untenable is the correct term.

Calling All Hogs

I hope they get Gruden and leave the talented pool of up and comers alone.

3Scoreand10

Dark Helmet Hog

3Scoreand10

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 29, 2017, 05:23:56 pm
I think insanity applies as well.

I agree with that.
It is time for a reasonable salary with performance bonuses that are clearly expected.
NO buy outs.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

After Gruden won the Super Bowl with the team Tony Dungy built, in the next six seasons, the Bucs went 45-51 and did not win another playoff game.

Slater

Petrino is 5 and 4 fresh off a beatdown from powerhouse Wake Forest, imagine the hogville madness if BB lost to Wake
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Slater on October 29, 2017, 06:01:23 pm
Petrino is 5 and 4 fresh off a beatdown from powerhouse Wake Forest, imagine the hogville madness if BB lost to Wake

Who cares.  We have lost to worse teams in the last 5 years with BB. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

King Kong

Quote from: Slater on October 29, 2017, 06:01:23 pm

Well it's similar to losing to Mizz, Miss St, Toledo, TT and SC

FATHAWG08

Miss.St. just qualified for their 8 straight Bowl. They have some really good wins the last 3/4 years. I wish we were where MS is now.
I love off season Football!!

hog.goblin

Gruden hasn't coached in nearly a decade.  He may have lost the fire to do it well...meaning recruiting AND coaching.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 29, 2017, 06:52:14 pm
Gruden hasn't coached in nearly a decade.  He may have lost the fire to do it well...meaning recruiting AND coaching.

Kids will crawl to play for him.

woodhog14

Quote from: King Kong on October 29, 2017, 06:42:39 pm
Well it's similar to losing to Mizz, Miss St, Toledo, TT and SC
State is waaayyyyyy better than Wake Forest. Come on man. Think.

King Kong

SooieGeneris

"As reported by The Read Optional's Oliver Connolly and Trey Wallace, Tennessee officials have offered the Super Bowl-winning coach "over $10 million a year" to lead the Volunteers. Connolly and Wallace also report the Vols are eyeing TCU's Gary Patterson, Louisville's Bobby Petrino and Purdue's Jeff Brohm."

Brohm has all of what, 8 games in a Power 5 conference? The "Genius Coach" Petrino is 5-4 with the best QB he has ever had and should be 4-5 as they were lucky to beat FSU last week. They just got smoked by Wake Forest..

Petrino is better than what we have, but defense optional, X Box, just outscore opponents 45-41 will not win a championship in the SEC. I would think that would be UT's goal.

Saban is probably hoping for the chance to trash Petrino's offense some more. Tennessee should be trying to beat the Gators to Norvell as Gruden is an over rated coach with no college experience other than 2 years as a GA.

Gruden took over a great defense in Tampa that just needed a little bump on offense. Dungy was a way better coach who won a Super Bowl as soon as he got a franchise QB on an Indy team that had no defense.

I would like to see Norvell in red, but our AD and many fans are too deliriously happy with 6-6 or 7-6 seasons..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 29, 2017, 06:54:08 pm

...and he's not that great of a coach. He's never had to recruit against the elite's of college football... Just sayin'

Heck, Al Davis traded him for 4 draft picks & cash

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: SooieGeneris on October 29, 2017, 07:27:47 pm
Brohm has all of what, 8 games in a Power 5 conference? The "Genius Coach" Petrino is 5-4 with the best QB he has ever had and should be 4-5 as they were lucky to beat FSU last week. They just got smoked by Wake Forest..

Petrino is better than what we have, but defense optional, X Box, just outscore opponents 45-41 will not win a championship in the SEC. I would think that would be UT's goal.

Saban is probably hoping for the chance to trash Petrino's offense some more. Tennessee should be trying to beat the Gators to Norvell as Gruden is an over rated coach with no college experience other than 2 years as a GA.

Gruden took over a great defense in Tampa that just needed a l ittle bump on offense. Dungy was a way better coach who won a Super Bowl as soon as he got a franchise QB on an Indy team that had no defense.

I would like to see Norvell in red, but our AD and many fans are too deliriously happy with 6-6 or 7-6 seasons..
So you say many of the FANS are deliriously happy with a 6-6 or 7-8 season ??? You obviously haven't been paying very much attention to various websites and/or call-in shows now have you ??? :o

hog.goblin

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 29, 2017, 06:54:08 pm

It's not that simple.  Is ready to work anywhere near as hard as Smart or Saban?  Does the recruiting drop off after Saban smokes him (assumption on my part).

King Kong

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 29, 2017, 08:10:35 pm
...and he's not that great of a coach. He's never had to recruit against the elite's of college football... Just sayin'

Heck, Al Davis traded him for 4 draft picks & cash

He won a SB and had .500 career as a HC in the NFL. His coaching kicks the crap out of Saban, Petrino and Pete Carrol (first round) in the NFL.

Recruit would line up for him. The watch him on Monday night football and his QB draft show.

It's a similar affect to a TV helping make someone President

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 29, 2017, 05:19:50 pm
I hope they get Gruden and leave the talented pool of up and comers alone.

Best post on here in the last 10 to 12 months

SavageOrangeJug

As a Vol fan I would rather have Patterson than any of them.

hog.goblin

Quote from: King Kong on October 29, 2017, 08:29:04 pm
He won a SB and had .500 career as a HC in the NFL. His coaching kicks the crap out of Saban, Petrino and Pete Carrol (first round) in the NFL.

College coaching isn't the NFL.  Apples and oranges.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: King Kong on October 29, 2017, 08:29:04 pm

Is he applying for an NFL job?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/973443-8-most-overrated-head-coaches-in-nfl-history

King Kong

Hoggish1

King Kong

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 29, 2017, 08:30:57 pm
College coaching isn't the NFL.  Apples and oranges.

Yeah, I guess that's why Harbaugh struggled going from College to Pros and back to College again.

Gruden would have a Harbaugh type affect

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: King Kong on October 29, 2017, 08:32:28 pm
You said he couldn't coach.

I listed the coaches he is better than.

No I didn't. I never said he couldn't coach. I said he wasn't that great of a coach. Big difference.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: King Kong on October 29, 2017, 08:36:17 pm
Yeah, I guess that's why Harbaugh struggled going from College to Pros and back to College again.

Did Harbaugh sit out 10 years?

King Kong

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 29, 2017, 08:36:20 pm
No I didn't. I never said he couldn't coach. I said he wasn't that great of a coach. Big difference.

If that isn't what you were implying then I apologize.

King Kong

hog.goblin

Quote from: King Kong on October 29, 2017, 08:36:17 pm

Harbaugh's record at Michigan is worse than Hokey's at this stage in their tenures.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: King Kong on October 29, 2017, 08:38:30 pm
If that isn't what you were implying then I apologize.
I was merely stating that he won a Super Bowl with a team Tony Dungy had built. After that, he didn't have nearly as much success. He hasn't coached in nearly a decade. He has never had to recruit to the level he would have to now.
He's popular because he is charismatic on TV and is very knowledgeable of the game. But that it is a whole different ball game than being a head coach in the SEC. I just don't believe he is the savior that many seem to think.

King Kong

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 29, 2017, 08:39:27 pm
Harbaugh's record at Michigan is worse than Hokey's at this stage in their tenures.

Not good at Math?

Hoke 11-2 8-5 7-6

Harbaugh 10-3 10-3 currently 6-2