Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog Fans at Ole Miss Game

Started by HogFaninMemphis, January 10, 2012, 12:47:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFaninMemphis

Guys,
This will be my first trip to the Tad Pad.  How many of you are going and where should my friend and I sit?  Since it's still Christmas break with nothing going on and I live in Memphis, I have no excuse for skipping this one.  I expect the place to be quite empty since students are still out, it's a mid-week game, it's the Tad Pad, and Ole Miss sucks.  I think a win in Oxford and 2-0 start in conference could really get the cart rolling for a successful SEC campaign.
HogFaninMemphis
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Tony Perkis

Everyone of the Memphis Hog crowd should go. Get a couple hundred of y'all and it should be pretty close to a 50/50 crowd. (see Pel era Bud for comparison)

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: Tony Perkis on January 10, 2012, 12:56:19 am
Everyone of the Memphis Hog crowd should go. Get a couple hundred of y'all and it should be pretty close to a 50/50 crowd. (see Pel era Bud for comparison)
I agree with that point.  It's a shorter drive than for Little Rock fans driving to Fayetteville.  I'm excited to see a game in what most people tell me is the worst college basketball venue they have been in.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Porkem

January 10, 2012, 07:07:08 pm #3 Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:12:06 pm by Porkem
I went to Oxford for an Ole Miss basketball game (somewhere around the '00 or '01 years) and had a lousy time.  The Tad Pad is a small, drab, little hell hole that makes most high school gyms seem like a palace, by comparison.

Me and a buddy bought a couple of tickets and our seats were in a bad section, with the Ole Miss fans.  There was a small, but loud contingent of Hog fans, with empty seats around them, so we went and sat with our own.  The Razorback fans were great and welcomed us with open arms...but the Hogs played with no energy and the Rebs beat us by around 7 or so.

As we were leaving the arena, some 70 year old man knocked the hog hat right off my buddy's head.  I couldn't believe it.  He was a thin, scraggly old feller, so we let it go.  Then, as we were getting in our car, a van load of Ole Miss students started yelling, "Get off our campus PIGS!!!"  I told em to eff off.  But, we did oblige them....and got the hell out of there!
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Horsesrus

Got our tickets this afternoon.  We're assigned in Section R but will seek out friendly Hog fans if the situation requires.