Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AR Basketball loses a scholly..... APR

Started by FBREW000, May 24, 2011, 01:40:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: Breems on May 24, 2011, 04:57:31 pm
PMRH, do you think we'll be able to handle our arch-rival UAB this year?

I mean, it will be an emotional game since Mike coached there.  Plus, one powerhouse in UCONN is a big load and adding another on top might cause Mike to crumble before conference season starts.  He's not made to bleed.

Well as we found out, it takes at least five years to be able to build the type of depth and experience to even considering sharing the court with powerhouses like UAB, UCONN and Ole Miss.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: heathtits on May 24, 2011, 05:32:06 pm
But Pel showed up to graduation in Maui Jim's!!!!

How quickly we all forget. Pel was all class, all the time during his career here. To say anything other than that would be unfair to this great man.

FBREW000

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on May 24, 2011, 05:42:52 pm
How quickly we all forget. Pel was all class, all the time during his career here. To say anything other than that would be unfair to this great man.
Sarcasm Meter.... ON!!!

nextlevel

Is it in Pel's contracts that when he leaves a school he gets to take one or two of their scholarships with him?
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Boarford T. Justice

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on May 24, 2011, 05:27:28 pm
It's just a smear campaign. Jeff Long assured each and every Hog fan that Pel was doing things the right way during his time here and why would he lie? Pel was great for the program.

You're right this is a smear campaign.   Nobody had any idea this would happen and more importantly, none of our fans had the foresight to alert the unsuspecting fans to the level of incompetence they were experiencing. 

This whole experience over the last 4 years was out of left field, not even HogAdvocate with his super adjustable facts and figures or what not, could have alerted us all to this betrayal.  This has been epic.
#FreeMarquel

Boarford T. Justice

Quote from: heathtits on May 24, 2011, 05:32:06 pm
But Pel showed up to graduation in Maui Jim's!!!!

Gotta love some Heathtits.....Why do I feel dirty?

It's still *** comical.
#FreeMarquel

heathtits

Anyone found Hawgadvocate on a Florida board?

Or is he still using his severance check for internet damage control position somewhere in the bahamas?

Boarford T. Justice

#FreeMarquel

nextlevel

Quote from: Boarford T. Justice on May 24, 2011, 07:37:35 pm
You're right this is a smear campaign.   Nobody had any idea this would happen and more importantly, none of our fans had the foresight to alert the unsuspecting fans to the level of incompetence they were experiencing. 

This whole experience over the last 4 years was out of left field, not even HogAdvocate with his super adjustable facts and figures or what not, could have alerted us all to this betrayal.  This has been epic.

Someone needs to inform the NCAA they are wrong, the APR is fine, give us back our scholarship:

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on February 26, 2011, 03:27:48 pm
Pel has a great year with the APR last year, and this year is on track to be great as well. They're doing well at getting the program away from possible penalties. Oh wait, I suppose that's "spin" in your eyes as well. Damn that good news!!! Damn it to hell!

A huge hit? I smell spin. It's a four year average right? 2010 was great. 2011 is set to be even better. 2012 is unknown, but I don't envision  Rotnei, Sanchez, or Peterson (who I believe is graduating in 2011, but I don't know how that works with graduating early) making for a bad 2012. Do you?

Even if 2013 is bad, the years prior will more than provide enough cushion to sustain a a single hit from that group. How many actually left in bad academic standing? I don't think you know that.

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 14, 2011, 11:56:33 am
From start to finish, after having to flip the roster; APR got better, wins got better, recruiting got better...but attendance did not.

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 03, 2011, 07:04:19 pm
We've navigated away from the APR mess since then, but the fanbase and administration/booster relationship is not nearly as healthy.

You were told months ago Pel fixed the APR...
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

poloprince

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on May 24, 2011, 05:42:52 pm

Great Man he may be

Terrible coach he is
$PoLoPrInCe$

The Hogfather

Quote from: nextlevel on May 24, 2011, 08:21:29 pm
Someone needs to inform the NCAA they are wrong, the APR is fine, give us back our scholarship:

You were told months ago Pel fixed the APR...

He's right.  It is a rolling 4 year avg.  The killer is the 07-08 year.  The 08-09 class definitely didn't help.  Since then, we've been on a steady incline in the APR department.  It just takes a couple of years to show up because it is a 4 year avg that still includes a couple of bad years, especially the 07-08 year.

The Boar War

Quote from: The Hogfather on May 24, 2011, 09:02:49 pm
He's right.  It is a rolling 4 year avg.  The killer is the 07-08 year.  The 08-09 class definitely didn't help.  Since then, we've been on a steady incline in the APR department.  It just takes a couple of years to show up because it is a 4 year avg that still includes a couple of bad years, especially the 07-08 year.

The NCAA showed us some mercy last year.  Apparently because we were making progress with the multi year by improving our single year APR.  Did we not show similar improvement this year?  I would think the graduations would garner a similar leniency this year.  Especially if (according to Dudley) there was no way we could reach the cumulative mark.

HogBreath

Quote from: heathtits on May 24, 2011, 07:54:45 pm
Anyone found Hawgadvocate on a Florida board?

Or is he still using his severance check for internet damage control position somewhere in the bahamas?
He's probably now posting as The Ostrom Advocate on a Dayton Flyers board.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

ruarealhogfan

We would have had to average 982 for the 3 years opposite the 755 of the Towns, Hill, etc class (07-08) just to get to the minimum of 925 over those 4 years. We scored a 955 in 08-09...

Birminghog

Quote from: nextlevel on May 24, 2011, 03:51:25 pm
While you are shocked, UAB posted a score of 1000, it was 825 the year before...

I could not possibly care less about UAB, & I live 3 miles from it

PoormansRobbyHampton

We just gotta get back to doing more good classroom type things.

The Hogfather

Quote from: The Boar War on May 24, 2011, 09:21:36 pm
The NCAA showed us some mercy last year.  Apparently because we were making progress with the multi year by improving our single year APR.  Did we not show similar improvement this year?  I would think the graduations would garner a similar leniency this year.  Especially if (according to Dudley) there was no way we could reach the cumulative mark.

Our recent graduations don't count for this 4 year average.  They will on the next one.  Apparently, we went from 950 something to 920 something in our 1 year score, but that wasn't good enough for the NCAA.  It should get better going forward, but I'm not sure our 4 year average will be ok until we get that 07-08 score out of there.

Hogimus Prime

If Pel was still coaching here this loss of a scholarship would give him another season.

nextlevel

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on May 25, 2011, 10:26:53 am
If Pel was still coaching here this loss of a scholarship would give him another season.

It is hard to win under the cloud of the NCAA...

ell oh ell

jacook11

If a player leaves early, does not get drafted, but ends up playing professionally overseas... does that count against your APR?

The Hogfather

Quote from: jacook11 on May 25, 2011, 10:53:09 am
If a player leaves early, does not get drafted, but ends up playing professionally overseas... does that count against your APR?

You still get a point, just the same as if they played in the NBA.

NWASooner

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: nextlevel on May 25, 2011, 10:38:41 am
It is hard to win under the cloud of the NCAA...

Copyright, Hooten Nutt, 2000-2002