Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson in McKinney Texas tonight ...

Started by TexHog188, May 02, 2011, 10:47:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TexHog188

The Greater Dallas Razorback Club is hosting Basketball Head Coach Mike Anderson tonight at the Stonebridge Ranch Country Club in McKinney TX.  For all local Hogvillians who did not pre-register, they will be accepting walk ups at the door.  The golf tourney was rained out, but will be rescheduled.  Start time is 5:30 PM.

Stonebridge Ranch Country Club - The Hills Course
5901 Glen Oaks Drive
McKinney, TX 75070
(972) 529-5990

Since this is two blocks from my house, I'll be walking over and will try to give a report sometime this evening.  Scotty Thurman and Volleyball Coach Robert Pulliza will also be attending.    :razorback:
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Monk-N-Dunk

Quote from: TexHog188 on May 02, 2011, 10:47:41 am
The Greater Dallas Razorback Club is hosting Basketball Head Coach Mike Anderson tonight at the Stonebridge Ranch Country Club in McKinney TX.  For all local Hogvillians who did not pre-register, they will be accepting walk ups at the door.  The golf tourney was rained out, but will be rescheduled.  Start time is 5:30 PM.

Stonebridge Ranch Country Club - The Hills Course
5901 Glen Oaks Drive
McKinney, TX 75070
(972) 529-5990

Since this is two blocks from my house, I'll be walking over and will try to give a report sometime this evening.  Scotty Thurman and Volleyball Coach Robert Pulliza will also be attending.    :razorback:

That's about two seconds away from me.  Nice.

TexHog188

Quote from: Monk-N-Dunk on May 02, 2011, 12:01:28 pm
That's about two seconds away from me.  Nice.

Well then swim on over and enjoy.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

beasley

Tell them you are representing the Hogville fan club. :D
Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
Vince Lombardi

mckinneyhog5

Yo, who's all going from the McKinney area?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

old hog

TexHog188

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on May 02, 2011, 02:04:00 pm
Yo, who's all going from the McKinney area?

Got my kitchen pass approved, so I'll be there.

TexHog188

Okay, so just got back from the rally a few minutes ago.  These are some of the highlights:

First: Scotty Thurman sat at our table.  What a great guy.  Says his son is coming along at sports but will probably opt for football over basketball.  Is a huge razorback of course.  Scotty spoke for about 15 mins.  Told the story of Mike Anderson and Nolan's recruitment of him.  Says Mike showed up everywhere he went.  He had narrowed his recruitment to 5 schools, TX, OU, AR, Pitt and he did not name the 5th, but implied it may have been Syracuse.  He said after his trip to Pitt, he got home about 1:00 AM and the phone rang.  It was Nolan.  Asked him how the trip to Pitt went and if he had decided where he was going.  Said he was thinking about TX.  Nolan said the Tom had never beat him at anything and there was no reason to go there.  He then mentioned Pitt.  Nolan said why would a LA guy want to go where it was so cold.  He then said that he told Nolan he was coming to AR just so he could go to bed.

Breems

Hah!  I'd never heard that story before.  Pretty funny.

TexHog188

Coach Anderson spoke next... talked the excitement that he was seeing everywhere he goes.  Like old times.  Spoke about securing the commitments of the already signed class.  Spoke about Rotnei and how well he shoots the ball and his incredible BBall IQ.  Thinks it will be a special year for him.  Talked about the fitness level of the team.  Says they can only have two hours a week contact with them, so they do 4 x 30 mins workouts.  Says the players can only handle about 10 mins before they are completely gassed.  That will change he says, and has gotten better recently.  Says to a player that they have responded very positively to the up tempo pace.  Says Sanchez is going to be one of the toughest, most physical players he has coached.

He asked for patience from hog fans.  Says it might be 25 mins of hell and 15 mins of what the hell was that.  But promised that we are going to compete at the highest levels and that NC was where they are aiming.

Says TX and Memphis would be focal points of recruiting, but that they would be expanding the search nationally to get the best players in the country.

Spoke highly of Coach Richardson and says the most important thing that we as fans can do is fill Bud Walton.  Says in the day it was the most intimidating place to play in America.

I spoke with him briefly, about 2 mins, after getting him to sign a hat.  Told him I was at the dedication game in Bud Walton where we spanked Mizzou.  He said that after the game, Norm Stewart came over to Nolan and said, either you guys really "[CENSORED]" good, or we really "[CENSORED]" suck.  Then he reminded me that Mizzou went 16-0 in conference and we won the NC.

Was a great night.

TexHog188

Couple of pics...

Sorry for the poor quality... bad lighting and a shaky iPhone.

TexHog188

Coach Anderson also said that the players would be introduced to Cleveland Street.  Says Big O used to sneak a ride from a passing car going up the hill then run down.  Says they had to post trainers along the route just to keep him on track.

Breems

Well, no one can say "pics or it didn't happen" now.

TexHog188

No.. but I did get two smites?  Go figure.  Anyway.... WPS!

Breems

Quote from: TexHog188 on May 02, 2011, 09:53:18 pm

Hey, at least you're nowhere near my level.

McKdaddy

Thanks for the update TH188.

Scotty spoke at the Tulsa Razorback Club in November, and was fairly entertaining and at ease, given that he had said it was his first time speaking to one of the clubs.

I appreciate the clubs giving updates when the various coaches pay a visit.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

secfan30

Quote from: TexHog188 on May 02, 2011, 09:53:18 pm

Here is a +1 for you taking the time to give us an update. My guess is Tom Penders is a member of Hogville and didn't like the Scotty story.

gumbohog

"Says it might be 25 mins of hell and 15 mins of what the hell was that"

funny stuff...and a nice reminder to Hog fans that we might not get back to the early 90's overnight

GuvHog

Quote from: TexHog188 on May 02, 2011, 09:34:27 pm
Couple of pics...

Sorry for the poor quality... bad lighting and a shaky iPhone.

The young lady with Scotty, Is that your daughter or his wife???
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

TexHog188

Quote from: GUVHOG on May 03, 2011, 10:21:15 am
The young lady with Scotty, Is that your daughter or his wife???

That's my 13 year old daughter.  Scotty is married to a doctor.

GuvHog

Quote from: TexHog188 on May 03, 2011, 07:34:14 pm
That's my 13 year old daughter.  Scotty is married to a doctor.

She's pretty Tex. Better get the shotgun ready cause it won't be long till the boys start coming around!  ;)
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hoggish1

TexHog188

Quote from: GUVHOG on May 03, 2011, 08:01:19 pm
She's pretty Tex. Better get the shotgun ready cause it won't be long till the boys start coming around!  ;)

Fortunately she takes after her mother.... and yes I'm worried as a Nutt coached QB on draft day about the next few years.

DeltaBoy

Great Report and good looking Kid.  I started stepping up my combat shotgun course runs since I have a 13 year old daughter at home.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Breems

Tex, it sort of looks like you painted a portrait of Anderson up there.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: gumbohog on May 03, 2011, 09:31:49 am
"Says it might be 25 mins of hell and 15 mins of what the hell was that"

funny stuff...and a nice reminder to Hog fans that we might not get back to the early 90's overnight

That's a great saying... but even that is better than 40 minutes of "what the hell" and a weeks worth of bitching.