Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ronnie Brewer to Memphis - nothing like a Razorback

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, February 18, 2010, 09:38:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgAdvocate

Very good way of looking at it. Hopefully Ronnie and Day can tag team the scene.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Lakerhog

Mardracus Wade should help us open that pipeline as well. :razorback:

secfan30

HawgAdvocate

Let's hope Mike Miller keeps his AAU squad in Memphis for as long as Pel is here. We're slowly but steadily dropping anchor across the Mississippi River once again.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Hamhock Henry

When I first read in the paper that Ronnie was going to Memphis I was sad for him b/c Utah is a much better team than Memphis but here's hoping he makes the Grizzlies at least 5 to 7 wins better and then they are on the same level with the Jazz.
Him being there certainly makes going to a game in Memphis more attractive. 

luvmesomehogs

Ronnie Brewer is one of my favorite Hogs ever.  I hate it for him that he got traded to a lesser team, but I am excited that I can go watch him now!!!!!

chillinhoggie

LibraryHog

Hogz87

The Grizz are a "lesser" team  but the potential is there for them to be decent.  They just have to stop being retarded in drafts and actually draft some quality players to develop and make their bench stronger.  Odds are they will lose Rudy Gay after this season, but they'll still have a starting 5 of Conley, Mayo, Brewer, Randolph, and Gasol.  That's a very solid starting 5 that is a definite playoff team with a better bench.  Of course the the Grizz's GM is a complete moron and you never know what stupid moves he's going to make.  This was actually one of the few times in his career that he's made a good move. 

I'm sure this will also pull in some fans from Arkansas to Memphis home games now as well.

The_Bionic_Pig

Does the Memphis Organization atleast attempt to market their team in Little Rock, Nashville, Jackson etc.... by having exibition games?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogz87

I don't recall them ever having a preseason game or anything in Arkansas.  It would be a good idea though.  Now that they have signed a former Arkansas player it would make even more sense for them to do so.  The Grizzlies could become Arkansas' "adopted" NBA team if they market them enough.

I'm from Western Arkansas, though, and have really started to like and follow the Thunder the last couple of seasons.

Porkem

SOME MY FAVORITE RONNIE PICS!

REVERSE LAYUP OVER KOBE IS MY FAVORITE!

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

ke2743

I will be going to grizzly games now.  This just made my day.