Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

does this turn the tide for you....

Started by Kevin, October 22, 2005, 03:10:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

well we lost to the number 4 team in the country by 3.  well this curb the rush to fire hdn?

i say not.

we have no qb and really no offense beside mcfadden and jones. 

game management was awful again.  why didn't we call a timeout before the last punt to save time?

did anyone notice that richt went right to the endzone after our turnover? aggressive play calling.

shockley basically doesn't play.

i think it was a trap game for ga they have fla next week.

want your feedback!
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bigred7987

it does turn me to the fire Robert Johnson.  Although playcalling and other aspects were questionable we were there in the end and thats all you can ask for

bigred7987

I agree but thats the way the game goes you arent going to be perfect in a game in every aspect but as long as you are there in the end with an opportunity to win thats what you want.... you take the Mark Richt stand I'll take the Pete Carroll stand....win the game in the second half.....which one has worked out better over the last few years????

Fletch

If we had an adequate QB we would have won by 2 touchdowns. I agree it was a good game when most expected us to get blown out, but we should have beaten them today.
I feel like $100

CarolinaHog1176

yea, there were a few bonehead plays called by HDN....  the 3rd and 1 pitch sweep was one, the 3rd and 1 play action pass that got sacked was another, and there at the end of the game we were 3rd and 20 from our own 6 and had 2 timeouts left - can we not punt that away and let our defense do what they've been doing the whole game?  we could use those timeouts to get the ball back (hopefully with better field position) and try to get within FG range.  yes no?
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Pig Squeak

It doesn't change my mind.  Nutt is just happy to be close at the end.  I'm not...I am happy to win.  If the only people on the field who can throw a downfield pass are Monk, Hillis and McFadden, why is Robert Johnson still the starting qb?  I am not criticizing Robert...he is doing the best he can with the plays he's given.  If he is not our best qb, it's not RJ's fault...it is the fault of the person who gave McFadden and Jones one play apiece in the Vandy game...HDN.  He has shown repeatedly, an inability to recognize the best players on the team and the inability to trust those players.   We have 3 gamebreakers on this team:  McFadden, Jones and Monk...is Monk still on the team?  What a waste.  The defense is getting better every week.  Too bad Herring doesn't have enough talent to win the games for an inept OC.  Whoppeee!  We had over 300 yards in total offense.  Someone needs to tell Nutt that the only stat that counts is the score.  Best wishes to Shockley...hope his injury is not serious and Georgia goes into the SEC championship game undefeated.   Congrats to McFadden on another great performance in a losing cause.  Let's all pray that Decker doesn't add about 30 pounds to his frame and slow him down and get him hurt like C4.

GrizzledHogFan

No, I say it's just more ammo for the argument to get rid of Nutt.  Anyone who cares to look can see that we have a good team being held back by a bad coach.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

bigred7987

those pictures of Nutt at the end of the game didnt look like he was happy...he wanted to win and he knew our QB let that one get away.  U could see it hurt him to lose it lets not a paint a picture thats not there.  Its his job as a coach to look at the positives from a game and bring them out...thats all he is doing

WilsonHog

Quote from: bigred7987 on October 22, 2005, 03:44:58 pm
those pictures of Nutt at the end of the game didnt look like he was happy...he wanted to win and he knew our QB let that one get away. U could see it hurt him to lose it lets not a paint a picture thats not there. Its his job as a coach to look at the positives from a game and bring them out...thats all he is doing

I wonder how Dick and Mortensen feel this afternoon - especially after BOTH of them were told this week that they would start today?

If Johnson lost Nutt the game, Nutt got what he deserved after playing a shell game with his quarterbacks all week.   

Adam Stokes

People were saying that we can't hang with the nations elite, that proves them wrong for THIS game.  It was bad playcalling by Nutt at the end.  He wanted a big risky victory instead of overtime.  I think our defense did well, but it was mainly because Croyle was taken out in the 2nd.  Either way, we will be getting a QB next year along with some decent WR's.  If our running game continues to kick butt the way it has, we will be great.  I say keep Nutt for now.  But then again, the players are going to return regardless.  Nutt is just trying to be risky because he knows his job is on the line.  I say we should only replace Nutt if we can get a good coach to take his place.  Davis would do.

Buff