Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do the JP guys...

Started by BigHog396, October 22, 2005, 02:58:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigHog396

October 22, 2005, 02:58:51 pm Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 11:13:20 pm by BigHog396
come up with "Arkansas came in ready to play today."????  McFadden came in and put the team on his shoulders.  NO ONE else showed up for this game on the offensive side of the ball (other than a couple of good runs by Jones).  Gotta give the defense credit though.  They gave up a couple of big plays, but were in the right position, UGA just made perfect passes.

It still comes down to poor play calling.  3rd and 15 and Nutt still runs the freakin' draw.  I am sure he will talk about how well RoJo played, even though nearly every decision he made was the wrong one.  He will talk about how "special" McFadden is (may end-up being another special player that is wasted away due to poor play calling, ie. Matt Jones), how the defense stepped it up, which I will agree with, etc, etc, etc.

Hog in MO

Quote from: BigHog396 on October 22, 2005, 02:58:51 pm
He will talk about how "special" McFadden is (may end-up being another special player that is wasted away due to poor play calling, ie. Matt Jones), how the defense stepped it up, which I will agree with, etc, etc, etc.
If we don't find more offense than D-Mac we are going to end up putting him in the same position as Cobbs and Madre - phenomenol freshman seasons, but never reached their full potential due to overuse and/or (God-forbid) injury.  You can't put a back through that much abuse over and over - no matter how tough he is. Same thing as wearing out a pitcher's arm - ala Kerry Wood.

bigred7987

I agree.  Thankfully we will have a QB next year.  if this isn't McFadden's potential then what is?? I will start drooling just thinking of that. 

Hog in MO

Quote from: bigred7987 on October 22, 2005, 03:07:51 pm
I agree. Thankfully we will have a QB next year. if this isn't McFadden's potential then what is?? I will start drooling just thinking of that.
He's definitley playing up to his ability now - but i was referring to our recent history of great freshman backs who were overused and ended up getting injured and never fully recovering. Where would Madre and Cobbs be today? What would they have accomplished at Arkansas if neither of them had been injured.  I don't want that to happen to D-Mac.  I'm not blaming their injuries completely on the coaches - but injuries are most likely to happen after a player gets tired - and the body just can't take that much of a beating over and over.  You will wear down eventually and succumb to little nagging injuries even if you are lucky enough to avoid serious injury.