Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miracle between the hedges

Started by OkieHog, October 19, 2005, 05:36:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OkieHog

Anybody else got a feeling?A good feeling? :P
FIRE STOOPS!!!!HIRE NUTT!!!!

clemensrules01

no. i had one for the socal game, i had one for the auburn game, and, help me out here, didnt we lose?

OkieHog

You honestly had a good feeling about the SoCal game?

hogfan98

even if we were good i wouldn't have a good feeling about this game.  being that we are terrible, my feelings are extremely not good.

bigred7987

theres been someone to say this every week....

clemensrules01

exactly bigred. well, i dont want to brag, but i did say that we would beat louisiana monroe.  ;D

Tusks

I'm trying to decide if GA will be awake enough to cover.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

pigfoot

I, too, have a good feeling -- that we won't get beat by more than 20.
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

Big Papa Satan

clemensrules01

Quote from: pigfoot on October 19, 2005, 06:22:40 pm
I, too, have a good feeling -- that we won't get beat by more than 20.
dont get your hopes up

RazorWire

Quote from: OkieHog on October 19, 2005, 05:39:42 pm

Yes but the wifey says she'll take care of it...

TulsaHawg

"UPSETS"!   ;)  This was in today's paper's crossword puzzle.

Of course folks don't expect us to win Saturday, and if we do, it would certainly be an unexpected win and qualify as an "upset".

Let's review some upset wins during HDN's tenure here when we were unranked or ranked lower and beat a ranked team.

!998:  #22 Bama at Fayetteville  42-6

1999:  #3 Tennessee at Fayetteville  28-24
          #14 Texas at the Cotton Bowl  27-6  (UA was ranked 24)

2000:  #13 MSU at Starkville  17-10
          #24 LSU at Little Rock  14-3

2001:  #9 South Carolina  at Little Rock  10-7
          #17 Auburn at Fayetteville 42-17

2002:  #24 Auburn at Auburn  38-17
          #18 LSU at Little Rock  21-20

2003:   #5 Texas at Austin  38-28

That's 10 upset wins, and it's been awhile since we have had one.  40% of those were away from our homefield.

Is it likely that we will beat UGA Saturday?  No, it's not likely.  If it was likely it would be "expected", and thus not an "upset".  Upsets do occur in sports, and when they do, they are very sweet.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: hogapalooza on October 19, 2005, 07:57:56 pm
It doesn't apply this week!!

At lease to the HOG game!!

We have HDN as a wannabe coach!!!

FIRE HDN!!!

HDN was the coach for each of the aforementioned upsets as well.

OkieHog

Maybe the players will mutiny and call their own plays!Monk could be the leader.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: hogapalooza on October 19, 2005, 08:01:30 pm
Go back up to my post and see the "upset" you forgot....

FIRE HDN!!

Yes paloosa, that was an upset for Vandy.  However, for point of illustration, I was using teams that were ranked higher than us when we beat them.

We have won a few upsets the past few years, don't you agree?

HogHeathen

Tulsa, your optimism about this team makes me :puke:

TulsaHawg

Quote from: HogHeathen on October 19, 2005, 08:22:03 pm

Well that's just too damn bad, Heathen!   8)

I'd rather keep getting back up on the horse untill I succeed than lie on the ground wallowing in self-pity.

pioneerhog

When was the last time we beat a ranked team? I believe it was in 2003, that is to long. What is your excuse for this Nutthugger.

pioneerhog

TulsaHawg

Quote from: hogapalooza on October 19, 2005, 08:31:23 pm
Quote from: hogapalooza on October 19, 2005, 08:18:42 pm
Yes we have, unfortunately we have LOST WAY to many we should have WON under HDN!!!

You can blame a fumble, interception, bad call or anything else you want. We have LOST WAY to many games that at any point HDN could have

Called a different play

NOT used all our time-outs

Made halftime adjustments

and or many more things to the same responces that could be said ( Like HDN does! ) it wasn't HDN's fault.?

So yes we have won some, but LOST WAY to many!!!!

FIRE HDN!!!
Well do you agree TulsaHawg?

FIRE HDN!!

Do I agree with what?  That we have lost too many games that we shouldn't have?  I most certainly do agree with that!  No, we definately should not have lost to Vandy in September. Furthermore, we could go back throught the seasons and find games we "shouldn't " have lost as well; but that does nothing for the present.

HDN is going to be the coach of the Hogs this Saturday, and I am going to pull for the Hogs.  I am going to hope for another upset.  It may not happen.  the likihood is that it won't happen, but that is what I will be pulling for.

I'll be at the USC game, and the Ole Miss game, and the MSU game, cheering for the Hogs. The Razorbacks are my team, and the season isn't over.

As you have stated in another post, HDN will likely be the HC here next year as well.  What do you want fans to do, just quit cheering for the Hogs, because we have lost "too many " games in the past few years?  Not me.  I'll continue to cheer and hope for improvement.

Flatfoot

October 19, 2005, 09:02:09 pm #20 Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 10:14:38 pm by flatfoot304
I sure got good feelings from this......

Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

RBLtoHOG

If it wasnt for Nutt maybe we wouldnt have to UPSET them in the first place =x
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

PIGINAPOKE

Has  the foil /glass pipe got ya?? Has the dream of that 25 inch 8 point in ark got ya? seen does in Mont.that could kick nutts ass..and most bucks here. Point is.. he does not win? stats are junk with losses.period.They mean squat.......FIRE THIS MORON
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

TulsaHawg

Quote from: PulledPork on October 19, 2005, 09:46:27 pm
Tulsa,
Just too point out a little something. Bringing up past "upsets" does nothing for the present either. :-\

I disagree with you on that.  Learning from history shows what can happen....what is possible.  It shows the record of what has been accomplished, and creates hope that it can again.  If you choose to be overwhelmed by negativity and defeatism, well that is up to you.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: ConwayHog on October 19, 2005, 09:39:18 pm
Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 19, 2005, 08:24:29 pm

Well that's just too damn bad, Heathen! 8)

I'd rather keep getting back up on the horse untill I succeed than lie on the ground wallowing in self-pity.

Well maybe this time when you fall off the horse on Saturday, you'll hit your head real hard and won't keep spitting out this junk. BTW, are you Rick Schaeffer's nephew?

Note: Nothing personal on this post either.

To what "junk" are you referring?  Is there something in my original post you would care to specifically refute?

HawgWyld

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 19, 2005, 07:56:42 pm
"UPSETS"! ;) This was in today's paper's crossword puzzle.

Of course folks don't expect us to win Saturday, and if we do, it would certainly be an unexpected win and qualify as an "upset".

Let's review some upset wins during HDN's tenure here when we were unranked or ranked lower and beat a ranked team.

!998: #22 Bama at Fayetteville 42-6

1999: #3 Tennessee at Fayetteville 28-24
#14 Texas at the Cotton Bowl 27-6 (UA was ranked 24)

2000: #13 MSU at Starkville 17-10
#24 LSU at Little Rock 14-3

2001: #9 South Carolina at Little Rock 10-7

2002: #24 Auburn at Auburn 38-17
#18 LSU at Little Rock 21-20

2003: #5 Texas at Austin 38-28

That's 10 upset wins, and it's been awhile since we have had one. 40% of those were away from our homefield.

Is it likely that we will beat UGA Saturday? No, it's not likely. If it was likely it would be "expected", and thus not an "upset". Upsets do occur in sports, and when they do, they are very sweet.

That's just sickening. "Arkansas beat a *good* team. It's an upset!"

God, the program has slipped over the years.

By the way, Nutt has never beaten Georgia.

PiggoBitttys

Here's some recent history that might even be more relevant.

Arkansas 49
SW Missouri State 17

Vanderbilt 28
Arkansas 24

USC 70
Arkansas 17

Alabama 24
Arkansas 13

Arkansas 44
LA Monroe 15

Auburn 34
Arkansas 17

That is a 2-4 record with ONE division 1 victory. That victory against an average SUN BELT team. 0-2 record on the road. And now all of a sudden, we are going to go into probably the BEST SEC's team's backyard and win it there. Sorry, I always hope and cheer for a win, but Houston has almost destroyed that hope. We are not going to win this game. Yes, I hope we do. Will we? No.

WilsonHog

I was thining of a seven-letter word myself.

"Miracle."

WilsonHog

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 19, 2005, 09:52:06 pm

It shows the record of what has been accomplished, and creates hope that it can again. If you choose to be overwhelmed by negativity and defeatism, well that is up to you.

Couple of interesting words in your post.

One is hope. As an emotion, hope produces another, opposite emotion - fear. When you hope that something happens, you also fear that it won't.  Consequently, I prefer the opposite emotion - hopelessness. There is no fear in hopelesness.

The second interesting word is "overwhelmed." That is a strong word that denotes a level of care that I no longer possess. If we win 56-0 Saturday or lose 56-0, my emotion will be about the same.

dirty stanchez

Those years you mentioned, we weren't that bad of a team.

This year, we're probably the worst team in the SEC.

HawgWyld

Quote from: dirty stanchez on October 19, 2005, 10:51:48 pm
Those years you mentioned, we weren't that bad of a team.

This year, we're probably the worst team in the SEC.

But, that's okay, remember? Nutt's got a two year pass. Evidently, he could have lost to SW Missouri State and no one would have had the right to gripe about our beloved Houston.

razorback4life

Quote from: Shamus O'Toole on October 19, 2005, 10:43:58 pm
I was thinking of a seven-letter word myself.

"Miracle."

I was thinking of another 7 letter word Wilson.....FORFEIT.

As in if the rest of the teams we play FORFEIT, that would be unexpected wins wouldn't they?   ;D

Hawgzilla

Quote from: OkieHog on October 19, 2005, 05:36:51 pm

I got a good feeling were gonna get a ASS WHOPPIN..........Maybe all the beer i drank for those 3 hours will take the sting away.............

jblack19

Anythings possible.  ;D :razorback:

jblack19

Quote from: ConwayHog on October 19, 2005, 09:39:18 pm
Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 19, 2005, 08:24:29 pm

Well that's just too damn bad, Heathen!  8)

Well maybe this time when you fall off the horse on Saturday, you'll hit your head real hard and won't keep spitting out this junk.  BTW, are you Rick Schaeffer's nephew?

Note:  Nothing personal on this post either. 
Junk? I believe we won those games he posted up there. You disagree with his post and call it junk? Interesting concept..

GrizzledHogFan

No, I've got a VERY bad feeling.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

lunchbox72703

It's all about negativity anymore.  I won't blame Nutt, the Team, the "kool-aid drinkers" or anybody else for that matter.  Negativity comes from the poster themselves.  They can make excuses for that Negativity based on frustration, feeling let down, embarrassment....and that is fine.  BUT WHEN YOU CROSS THE LINE OF CRITICISM OF THE TEAM INTO PERSONAL ATTACKS ON ANOTHER POSTER.......THEN YOU DO NOTHING BUT SHOW YOUR LACK OF IMMATURITY, AND THAT IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH MANY FANS NOW.....they lack the maturity to accept that there is several different types of fans, some who may even see the glass as half full.  When they are presented with an opposing opinion, they can only berate the person that said opinion came from.  Shame.

lunchbox72703

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on October 20, 2005, 04:24:17 am
YOUR LACK OF IMMATURITY,

and it seems that I have a lack of understanding of the english language.    ;D

lunchbox72703

any team can get beaten on any given day.....especially ours :)

Rhyno_Hawg

hoggystyle78

Dude lay off the kool-aid! The only feeling I have is the feeling of my *** closing up in response to the televised buttf***ing we're about to recieve in Athens!

Feralhog

Maybe Frank could go for that blackout "thang" again.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

jkstock04

I'm not sure if Nutts ever gotten within 30 of Georgia..he probably has when he first got here but nothing I remember.... It's gonna be awful...they'll have their 2nd string in at the beginning of the 2nd half.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

razorprep

I was sitting by a nice gentlman last week and we agreed on something.  If every week the HOGS can run onto the field through that big, beautiful 'A' the band makes without tripping...  that's pretty much the high point of the evening.  Since GA is a road game and there will be no big 'A', there may also be no high point...

hoggystyle78

UA SUX there's you 6 letters! AS long as the current staff is in charge then UA SUX!

hoggystyle78

Sorry my bad that's only 5 letters, haven't had my coffee yet' sorry.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on October 20, 2005, 08:19:52 am
UA SUX there's you 6 letters! AS long as the current staff is in charge then UA SUX!

Sorry Hoggy!  Looking for a six letter word for "UNEXPECTED WINS"; not just any ole six letter word.....uhhhh or 5 for that matter. ;)

Tomhog™

UGA will be very up for this game.  Not because of who they are playing, but what they are playing for.  They don't want to be this year's Auburn and get left out of the National Title Game if they stay undefeated.  So they are going to mow over every opponent they can run the score up on to impress the pollsters.  We could quite easily be embarrassed again...

e_dub

Holy crap, I just felt like I walked in on a jerry lewis telethon.  :puke:

PintailKiller

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 19, 2005, 07:56:42 pm
"UPSETS"! ;) This was in today's paper's crossword puzzle.

!998: #22 Bama at Fayetteville 42-6

1999: #3 Tennessee at Fayetteville 28-24
#14 Texas at the Cotton Bowl 27-6 (UA was ranked 24)

2000: #13 MSU at Starkville 17-10
#24 LSU at Little Rock 14-3

2001: #9 South Carolina at Little Rock 10-7

2002: #24 Auburn at Auburn 38-17
#18 LSU at Little Rock 21-20

2003: #5 Texas at Austin 38-28

That's 10 upset wins, and it's been awhile since we have had one. 40% of those were away from our homefield.

Is it likely that we will beat UGA Saturday? No, it's not likely. If it was likely it would be "expected", and thus not an "upset". Upsets do occur in sports, and when they do, they are very sweet.

How many times have we been "upset"?  I think that is the better question.  I would venture to say that we have lost more than we have won here.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."