Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Houston looks worn out

Started by JJHog, October 16, 2005, 08:08:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JJHog

HDN looks tired and worn out, the hours these guys work plus the losing sure wears on you.
" Think Right, Do Right"

nwarazfan

Best if he steps down.  Best for the state, the program and his family.  He may have to support Danny for awhile.  But its for the best.  Sit out a year and then go get a CUSA or WAC job.

hogfan98

Quote from: JJHog on October 16, 2005, 08:08:48 pm
HDN looks tired and worn out, the hours these guys work plus the losing sure wears on you.

and the stress of knowing that your days are numbered can't make it easier.

Macgyver_Hawg

$1.5 million will do that to you.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Is that the new excuse? I was worn out? ;D

Cajun Hog

Quote from: nwarazfan on October 16, 2005, 08:24:50 pm
Best if he steps down.  Best for the state, the program and his family.  He may have to support Danny for awhile.  But its for the best.  Sit out a year and then go get a CUSA or WAC job.

Hey, if you want to go after Houston jump on, but you can't lay one bit of blame at Danny.   The running backs aren't the problems.  Fine you hate Houston big frickin deal.     >:(

silvertip

He deserves to be worn out. No one but HDN made him be a Head Coach and an Offensive Coordinator at the same time. He's a decent HC and a piss-poor OC. He can thank himself for all the pressure & grey hair he's gettin. He needs to go down to a Rice or Duke where people are satisfied with mediocrity led by a "fine Christian gentleman."

Macgyver_Hawg

October 16, 2005, 08:50:15 pm #7 Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 08:53:27 pm by MacGyver Hawg
Creole, I'm not sure he was blaming Danny.  You'd think that whever Houston ends up he'd want Danny with him.  I would.
However, Houston makes a ton more than Danny and can afford to sit out.

The hardest part about coaching changes are the assistants, their spouses, and children that have friends at school they may have to leave.  But that comes with the job.

nwarazfan

Thanks Mac.  You're exactly right.  Danny will not have a job and he doesn't make $1.5 mill and he has a number of kids.  He has to hope HDN finds another job soon. 

Cajun Hog

Quote from: MacGyver Hawg on October 16, 2005, 08:50:15 pm
Creole, I'm not sure he was blaming Danny. You'd think that whever Houston ends up he'd want Danny with him. I would.
However, Houston make a ton more than Danny and can afford to sit out.

The hardest part about coaching changes are the assistants, their spouses, and children that have friends at school they may have to leave. But that comes with the job.

Unfortunately I don't think Danny will be coaching after this year.  He has four great daughters and a great wife.  He has to take care of his self, before he can take care of them.

silvertip

Well, hey, Creole Hog---just who IS responsible for the RBs?  I don't know how much say Danny has in how the RBs are used. I do know that HDN's teams never have a "featured" back who gets the huge number of carries. Last night, McFadden got 13 carries for over 100 yards. Auburn's main RB Irons got 33 carries for 180. So who's fault was that---on the Hawgs side?

I'm sure HDN would point the finger at someone else except himself. Was it Danny Nutt or Houston Nutt who decided Jones or McFadden weren't "ready" to play vs Vandy? Then, after ONE carry apiece vs Vandy, they were somehow "ready."

Cajun Hog

Quote from: silvertip on October 16, 2005, 08:59:43 pm
Well, hey, Creole Hog---just who IS responsible for the RBs? I don't know how much say Danny has in how the RBs are used. I do know that HDN's teams never have a "featured" back who gets the huge number of carries. Last night, McFadden got 13 carries for over 100 yards. Auburn's main RB Irons got 33 carries for 180. So who's fault was that---on the Hawgs side?

I'm sure HDN would point the finger at someone else except himself. Was it Danny Nutt or Houston Nutt who decided Jones or McFadden weren't "ready" to play vs Vandy? Then, after ONE carry apiece vs Vandy, they were somehow "ready."

I'm friends with Danny and I'm not wasting my time, if you don't get it..  ::)

Oliverhogman

Fire ANYONE in the state with the last name of Nutt.

Houston, Danny, Dickie and any other.

kremlinhog

it always makes me laugh when someone brags that they are a personal friend of a coach. so what, that is so lame and lends nothing to the argument.

before his illness why, if he were a great coach and he may be, did he never get out of brothers shadow, that is all i wonder about concerning him and
who called the shots in the vandy game as posted earlier.

its always a little suspect when nepotism is involved, see skip holtz

ThisTeetsTaken

Yeah, well, I'm worn out too.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

PerryHog

Looks tampered with to me.

Leave our coach alone Lindsey, he doesn't have enough for yoiu too!!!!!!!!!!

HogInMemphis

He's looking tired and heavy. These last few years must be killing him. Why doesn't he quit? He has to know after 8 years that he is not qualified to suceed at Arkansas. He's a Murray St or Boise St. coach but not an SEC coach.

dirty stanchez

dirty stanchez

Quote from: ConwayHog on October 17, 2005, 12:27:07 am
He can quit anytime. Arkansas is an at-will state.

It's also THE Natural State in that it's natural for us to expet to lose on Saturday now.

lumphog

Quote from: Creole Hog on October 16, 2005, 09:04:09 pm
Well, hey, Creole Hog---just who IS responsible for the RBs? I don't know how much say Danny has in how the RBs are used. I do know that HDN's teams never have a "featured" back who gets the huge number of carries. Last night, McFadden got 13 carries for over 100 yards. Auburn's main RB Irons got 33 carries for 180. So who's fault was that---on the Hawgs side?

I'm friends with Danny and I'm not wasting my time, if you don't get it.. ::)
I think Danny is the best coach of the Nutts. BY FAR

dirty stanchez

Quote from: lumphog on October 17, 2005, 12:31:14 am
Quote from: Creole Hog on October 16, 2005, 09:04:09 pm

I'm friends with Danny and I'm not wasting my time, if you don't get it.. ::)
I think Danny is the best coach of the Nutts. BY FAR

I do too.  I like Danny.  He's a good guy and a good coach.

lumphog

PerryHog

I got no prob with danny either. He's always got someone ready to play.

PerryHog

He's fat and lazy. Just like his team. Must be on the decker, please make me unfit for the nfl plan.

corndo

He thinks that if he can emulate phat phil then maybe he can coach better.

Porky Pig

Quote from: Creole Hog on October 16, 2005, 08:43:01 pm
Quote from: nwarazfan on October 16, 2005, 08:24:50 pm
Best if he steps down. Best for the state, the program and his family. He may have to support Danny for awhile. But its for the best. Sit out a year and then go get a CUSA or WAC job.

Hey, if you want to go after Houston jump on, but you can't lay one bit of blame at Danny. The running backs aren't the problems. Fine you hate Houston big frickin deal. >:(

Good point. I don't see the running game as the problem. QB play and the defense is what lost the Auburn game.

Gman

Guys I don't want to beat up on this guy, don't really have an opinion about him as a coach, but it is quite obvious to me that our backs never get any better while they are here.  In fact it is the exact opposite, they seem to get worst or at best about the same.  This leads me to believe that he isn't that great of a coach, may be a great guy though.

Hog1751

Quote from: PerryHog on October 17, 2005, 12:59:18 am
He's fat and lazy. Just like his team. Must be on the decker, please make me unfit for the nfl plan.

That makes the weekend feel so much better thank you.

Hog1751

Nutt was good coach when he let the appropriate coordinators handle thier appropriate jobs. If he wishes to be at Arkansas after next year he better damn well hire an OC. I think the reason he refuses to do so is because hes afraid an OC would fix most of the crap right away and the fans would think he was a loser. I for one would think him a good decent man if he would for once admit his mistake and take the appropriate action to fix it.

hoggystyle78

He's probably worn out from the "gang rape" he had to endure from that powerhouse Vandy and USC!!!!!

JIHawg

He's just trying to look that way-to get sympathy.  Just another ploy.  The guy will do anything to keep this job.  Didn't his hair look freaky on his show, all puffed up in the back?