Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If HDN really loves that helmet, he should......

Started by madxbayhog, October 17, 2005, 06:52:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

madxbayhog

resign after the georgia game. He has take a once united fan base and torn it apart. He's gotten outcoached at halftime of every game this year except for the USC game when it appeared he never coached at all. His dog and pony show has gotten old with the fans, some of the media and now his players look like they have gotten tired of it as well. Do the right thing and call it quits!!!!

AFWarrior83

he's just waiting to get fired, so he can sit at home and collect a check like Nolan is doing!
Hogville member since 2005.

FrostyHog

If anyone doesn't believe a new coach can make a difference......just look at Notre Dame!

WILL CLINTON

Let's please not disrespect Nolan any more by putting HDN's and Nolan's name in the same sentence.  Nolan showed, while racially motivated, he can coach, and be successful at coaching.  And if we are going to play the "what if" game with HDN, what if Nolan had landed Iguodola, and that center who went to UConn, we would probably be talking about his 2nd national championship and 4th or 5th Final Four. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

UAbandalum

Quote from: dubyacee on October 17, 2005, 08:28:56 am
Let's please not disrespect Nolan any more by putting HDN's and Nolan's name in the same sentence. Nolan showed, while racially motivated, he can coach, and be successful at coaching. And if we are going to play the "what if" game with HDN, what if Nolan had landed Iguodola, and that center who went to UConn, we would probably be talking about his 2nd national championship and 4th or 5th Final Four.
I don't think there's anything wrong with disrespecting Nolan at all.  I don't care if he won us a national championship or not.  In the end, he dragged our program and the University through the mud for the entire country to see - unecessarily, I might add.  His allegations were complete crap since none of the other coaches, including such respected coaches as McDonnell and DeBriyn, among others, had no idea what the heck Nolan was talking about when he told the media that those coaches would verify that racist comments were made to him.  Nolan is a racist, piece of trash human being, and I'm glad he's gone and hope we never see him again.  I agree we probably shouldn't be using Houston and Nolan's name in the same sentence, but there's no way I'm giving Nolan Richardson ANY respect - National Championship or not.  All I would say to him is "Thanks for the championship, Nolan - now go play in traffic."

HaWg 10

Quote from: UAbandalum on October 17, 2005, 09:36:22 am
Quote from: dubyacee on October 17, 2005, 08:28:56 am
Let's please not disrespect Nolan any more by putting HDN's and Nolan's name in the same sentence. Nolan showed, while racially motivated, he can coach, and be successful at coaching. And if we are going to play the "what if" game with HDN, what if Nolan had landed Iguodola, and that center who went to UConn, we would probably be talking about his 2nd national championship and 4th or 5th Final Four.
I don't think there's anything wrong with disrespecting Nolan at all.  I don't care if he won us a national championship or not.  In the end, he dragged our program and the University through the mud for the entire country to see - unecessarily, I might add.  His allegations were complete crap since none of the other coaches, including such respected coaches as McDonnell and DeBriyn, among others, had no idea what the heck Nolan was talking about when he told the media that those coaches would verify that racist comments were made to him.  Nolan is a racist, piece of trash human being, and I'm glad he's gone and hope we never see him again.  I agree we probably shouldn't be using Houston and Nolan's name in the same sentence, but there's no way I'm giving Nolan Richardson ANY respect - National Championship or not.  All I would say to him is "Thanks for the championship, Nolan - now go play in traffic."

WOW.. UAbandalum.. wow, hilarious, but wow
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

WILL CLINTON

We all know that Nolan was fired for comments that were TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT.  Even Rick "the Homer" Schaeffer says that.  Besides, I thought that winning was the only important thing.  With all of the racially motivated things that went on from the other side of the fence, i.e. whitey, he deserved to be able to vent.  No matter what anyone else did for Arkansas B-Ball, Nolan took it to what it is now, a nationally recogonized top 10 all-time program even after the past 4 or 5 years of being down. 

HaWg 10

October 17, 2005, 10:29:35 am #7 Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 10:31:07 am by HaWg 10 WiLd
Nolan knew that NWA is a predominatley white area and the most the other coaches and head school officials were white.. everybody knows he is a racist, but just for the sake of this post lets say he wasn't a racist, and say that he didn't have a history of making racial comments.. at the end when he said what he did.. it was way way beyond the line and i think he even knew that he had lost his drive and was just looking for a way to get out of coaching..

and even one step further than that? look at his sons.. complete thugs.
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

Ark Blitz

What does Nolan have anything to do with the way the Football team sucks?  NWA is predominatley white and that is why it is hard to recruit players to come to this area.  Nolan made some comments that he souldn't have made but the truth is that it is hard to get the top athletes to come to this area.

Biggus Piggus

Hilarious you guys talk about Nolan being racist, while the guy worked for Broyles.  Like worrying about the pimple on Nolan's face while ignoring the gaping wound on Broyles's.
[CENSORED]!

Ark Blitz

Quote from: Bogarto on October 17, 2005, 10:41:15 am
Yeah Broyles is such a racist thats why he replaced Nolan with Heath.
[/quot

He hired Heath has a cover up

HaWg 10

Quote from: Bogarto on October 17, 2005, 10:41:15 am
Yeah Broyles is such a racist thats why he replaced Nolan with Heath.

he had to hire heath.. if he hadn't it would have been and "racially motivated firing" and the lawsuit that nolan so ignorantly brought against the school would have made a little bit of sense.. and personally i think we lucked into getting a pretty damn good coach.. i think we will make vast improvements this yr. he has proven to at least be a very good recruiter..

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

HawgWyld

Quote from: madxbayhog on October 17, 2005, 06:52:56 am
resign after the georgia game. He has take a once united fan base and torn it apart. He's gotten outcoached at halftime of every game this year except for the USC game when it appeared he never coached at all. His dog and pony show has gotten old with the fans, some of the media and now his players look like they have gotten tired of it as well. Do the right thing and call it quits!!!!

Nutt will hang on to that job like grim death. Count on it. The only way to get him out of there is to fire him. He seems perfectly content to make excuses and keep cashing those checks.

WILL CLINTON

no one ever said Nolan wasn't racist, he was, but to say that he had a history of making racial comments, and not admit that Broyles did also is just plain stupid. 

Simply put, I dont care if he was a racist or not, he won.  In his time here, he became one of the top 5 coaches in the nation, and took our program to new highs.  He put butts in the seats and our program is now one of the top ten programs of all time because of him.  HDN on the other hand, has stayed exactly where he was when he started here, a D-2 coach, and has actually taken our program down in the process.  He has turned an average program into the doormat of the SEC, and quite possibly the nation. 

UAbandalum

Quote from: HaWg 10 WiLd on October 17, 2005, 10:20:20 am
WOW.. UAbandalum.. wow, hilarious, but wow
Thanks, I think :D
I'm like my buddy Grapes to the left there on my profile - I just tell it like it is.

GrizzledHogFan

I think it should be completely obvious at this point that HDN loves the paycheck a lot more than the helmet.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.