Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OK, so how does this thing go down?

Started by ArkansasI, October 16, 2005, 10:51:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkansasI

Assuming JFB agrees that a change is necessary, what do you expect to see the rest of the way?

Don't we all agree that JFB will continue to support HDN publicly through the end of the year?  However, I have to believe that the irons are in the fire.  Although a decision won't be made until the end of the year, I expect quick action after we fail to reach a bowl game.  JFB will either let HDN go or give him support.  It is almost unbearable to imagine support at this point - we have become the subject of public fodder during national broadcasts.

I am not sure what game, if any, that we should reasonably expect to win the rest of the way out.  Perhaps Mississippi State. . . But if Georgia puts a number on us on JP this Saturday, then I believe things get considerably more problematic.

If a change is made, then Mike Price would come before a UTEP bowl game.  Mike Leach, if he would leave TT, would stay for the bowl game.  Other than those two, few current Head Coaches would probably be on that list.  Perhaps the Hogs should take the Oklahoma State/Notre Dame route.  Find yourself a decent assistant in the pros and see what he can do.  Norm Chow comes to mind, but are there others?

Razorod

you have to think that broyles and company have a list of names they are putting together. i'd be watching all the games i could and gathering as much information as i could right now so that i could be ready as soon as the season is over to get the next guy in.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

ArkansasI

I think that an NFL guy does a lot of things.  It tells the kids that they will play for a man who knows what it takes to play in the league.  Additionally, I would hope that it would bring a level of sophistication that we haven't seen on our campus - since Lou.

Of course, the problem with Lou was he couldn't recruit.  Who are the best coaches in the league?  Who are their number one or two guys that are "Due" an opportunity?