Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worse Razorback starting QB of all time....

Started by mr4pt, October 16, 2005, 07:51:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mr4pt

R. Freekin Johnson....

You could counter with Peanut Adams, it'd be a tough call.

And to think, there is talk of NumbNutt redshirting MM next year. That would be typical.

razorbacks1usa

HogBall94

mr4pt

kremlinhog

the short guy who used the word confidence about a million times that wore his helment over his eyes.
so terrible i cant remember his name, he was truly forgettable.

PorcineSublime

Gotta be between Peanut and Burkes. RJ isn't even as bad as TJack, and that is saying something. Poor kid likely has the tools to be adequate if taught, he just has no teacher.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Turnberry

Pete Burks, Robert Reed, & Peanut Adams were much worse than RJ.  He's not that bad.  A lot of it has to do with the coaching.....
aka PlanoHog

pigfoot

Quote from: mr4pt on October 16, 2005, 07:51:13 pm
R. Freekin Johnson....

You could counter with Peanut Adams, it'd be a tough call.

And to think, there is talk of NumbNutt redshirting MM next year. That would be typical.
R. Johnson had a super reputation coming out of high school.  I have a feeling he could be a lot better QB if he had proper coaching.  Nutt certainly doesn't know how to develop a QB.  He never has and never will.  If Matt Jones hadn't been able to ad lib with the best of them, Nutt would have ruined him, too.   I hate to see us be tough on RJ since he's had almost no help from the coaching ranks.
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

JJHog

RJ is no where near the worst...how old are you?
" Think Right, Do Right"

kremlinhog

thanks hog ball, burks was who i was thinking of

PIGINAPOKE

HAVE ANY OF YOU HAVE A BRAIN?? MITCH IS OUTTA HERE..BLAME HIM.. WATCH
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

pigfoot

Quote from: PIGINAPOKE on October 16, 2005, 08:21:30 pm
HAVE ANY OF YOU HAVE A BRAIN?? MITCH IS OUTTA HERE..BLAME HIM.. WATCH
Not sure I understand your post.  Mitch's name hadn't been mentioned and wouldn't be appropriate for this thread. 
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

mr4pt

Quote from: JJHog on October 16, 2005, 08:11:17 pm
RJ is no where near the worst...how old are you?

I am 38 years old.

I bet 90% of RJ's missed passes last night were just that,, out right bad passes. How many times did he hit a reciever in the foot last night?

mr4pt

QuoteR. Johnson had a super reputation coming out of high school.  I have a feeling he could be a lot better QB if he had proper coaching.

They ALL have super reputations coming out of high school.

kremlinhog

PigKahuna

Didn't we have a flag football guy start once?

pigfoot

Quote from: mr4pt on October 16, 2005, 08:35:03 pm
QuoteR. Johnson had a super reputation coming out of high school. I have a feeling he could be a lot better QB if he had proper coaching.

And . . . . . . . ??  Your point?

Bacons Rebellion

Nutt_Hate_Me

At least Peanut had a coach that realized he wasn't getting the job done, yanked his Gheri Curl ass, and replaced him with Jason Allen,  We ended up going to a bowl that year even though Allen ended up hurt and being replaced by a former band member, Wade Hill.

Houston should have realized this weeks ago and used the bye week and the ULM game to prepare a new QB.
It's great to be home.

HogBall94

Wade Wilson still racks up big numbers on Tecmo Bowl for the Vikings - He's probably 50 now but I'm game for giving him a shot.

Razorback Jedi

RJ is one dimensional. Cannot handle multiple WR's running different routes. He has about 3 seconds to make a throw, and then he runs.

The pass blocking is there, he just doesn't have what it takes to stand in the pocket, step up and set his feet to make the throw. Yes, the coaching is terrible, but this kid has had 3 years to learn the system, and learn to be a QB.

Why Dick or Barthal have not been introduced into a game situation is beyond me.

My suggestion:
1. Pull RJ, and let Peyton take the snaps and run nor hand the ball off to Felix or DMac.
2. Pull RJ, and snap the ball to Felix or DMac
3. Pull RJ, put Barthal/Dick in
4. Pull RJ, < insert solution here that does not include RJ or AM >

It is/was truly painful to watch this team be lead by RoJo. No disrepect to the kid, he just doesn't have what it takes....and doesn't have the coaching staff to make up for his inability to get it done.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Razorback Jedi on October 16, 2005, 10:14:03 pm
Why Dick or Barthal have not been introduced into a game situation is beyond me.
Barthel is the one guy who might get it done.
Mortensen and Dick are drop back passers who need a passsing offense (more than two receivers) to prosper.
The few times we've seen Barthel in scrimmages he looked like a cool customer who could handle pressure.
To put him in that this point, however, would prompt a whole lot of questions about why it didn't happen sooner.

Razorback Jedi

Quote from: mikeirwin on October 16, 2005, 10:30:29 pm
To put him in that this point, however, would prompt a whole lot of questions about why it didn't happen sooner.

Unfortunately, I believe this is a true statement as to why our coaching staff will continue starting RJ.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Before I answer I have a question, did Houston Nutt ever start for the Hogs? ;D

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Thehammer on October 16, 2005, 10:37:59 pm
QuoteR. Johnson had a super reputation coming out of high school. I have a feeling he could be a lot better QB if he had proper coaching.

RJ was recruited by only two other schools as a qb. Nebraska and K-State. No doubt Johnson was one of the top 15 athletes in TX. He just isn't a qb.

RJ was recruited by only two other schools as a qb. Nebraska and K-State. No doubt Johnson was one of the top 15 athletes in TX. He just isn't a qb.

What now...did you read all his recruiting letters?  Arkansas was the only one to recruit MJ as a QB..I just made that up..but I think its true.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Just one question, besides Mustain has Nutt ever recruited a great QB?  Jones was a fantastic playmaker and a good QB, but he was actually out of postion, at least the postion that would of been best for him. I never knew he would be this good at WR, I still think he needs to be in a position to get the ball more. 

PerryHog

Houston Nutt.

No, wait, he never got to play till he went to okie state. Never mind.

ki285

I was at the game yesterday and i knew robert johnson was bad, but i had no idea that he was that bad.  he is one of the worst college quaterbacks that i have ever seen.  there is no way that he deserves to have that scholarship that he is on when he is as bad as he is.  he is a great athlete, but he is not a quaterback.  he cant help them team win as long as he is in at quaterback. we cant run over teams in the sec like we do ulm and missouri state.  you have to be able to throw the football to win games in the sec.  you have to have some balance.  i have a friend that i played high school football with who plays at arkansas.  he says johnson is a great guy, but the worst outta the top 3 qbs.  he says cole bartel is the best ouut of the 3, but didnt know the playbook as well as the other 2, but he said that casey dick is the best quarterback on campus.  why live johnson in to kill us?  at least give someone else a shot.  we will b lucky to win another game this season as long as johnson is the qb

BigPapaHawg

I know RJ's probably not the worst Razorback QB in our history, but I bet he ranks extremely high on that list.   
WOO PIG

rzrbacknTX

hoggystyle78

CarolinaHog1176

it's obvious that he wanted to be a QB in college or he probably would've gone to one of those other schools.  I'm thinking that RJ either goes to WR or FS and we start working AM.  Barthel is probably eligible for a redshirt if he stays out of games, so I'm not sure how much of him we'll see.  but I think it's very obvious that if RJ wants to stay on the team that he's going to have to switch positions.... if not now, definitely next year when MM comes in.
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Theolesnort

I think I have just found our new free safety, ROJO.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

RJ

By the way, anyone know who the name of the highest rated QB recruit currently on the roster at the U of A?