Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4GET FOOTBALL FOR A SEC

Started by Razorback0918, October 16, 2005, 01:56:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback0918

I dunno about you all, but im really excited about the Razorback basketball team. Brewere is a pre season all SEC and Wooden award canidate. Modica will look to have a big senior season. Townes and Hill, Thomas r gonna be back and better and with The SEC being wide open in basketball I think Arkansas has a shot to win it. I say lets stop wining over the football team, they'll be better next year hopefully without Nutt. Lets start get ready for some Bball and hope for a NCAA touney appearance by thr bball hogs

hoggystyle78

looking forward to basketball season/end of football, maybe stan will get his boys ready to play and the Hogs will be dancing come March, at least that's what I'm hoping for. GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V B Porkers

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: V B Porkers on October 16, 2005, 02:16:51 pm
I just remember them quitting
Exactly. Where's all the confidence coming from right now? About 6 months ago we were getting killed by this new "zone defense" thing.  I also remember several 10 minute scoring droughts.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

94 Hawg

that's my concern, ya think Jim Calhoun @ UConn will open in a zone ;)

Surely we have an answer for it this year, perhaps MOVING w/o the ball would help.  I'm optimistic that we will be much improved though.  Go Hogs!
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Adam Stokes

October 16, 2005, 04:48:56 pm #5 Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 04:51:13 pm by ajs15razorman
  Another good thing Heath did this season was get us a good non-conference schedule.  I think that may've affected why we did give  up at the end of the season.  We had started out on such a high, then we were shot down at the end.  I think having a tough non-conference schedule will help us be ready for the big games.  My man, Dicky V, gave us the "Cupcake Award" this year.  Can't wait for the season to start.  Just 32 days until we have our first cupcake opponent in Portland State.  After that comes Maui.  What a better way to have Thankgiving?  The beach, the sun, and razorback basketball.  Too bad I'm not going, does anyone have tickets to Maui?  Hope our jetlag won't be too bad.

Coacht

Stan had to build a program from scratch just like the new football coach will have to do. I believe this is Stans year. Looking forward to it.
Statements of the year - "I think play calling sometimes is overrated." and "I will never hire an offensive Coordinator"

HDN Top 25 finishes....
2006 = 15th / 16th        2001 = nope
2005 = nope                 2000 = nope
2004 = nope                 1999 = 17th
2003 = nope                 1998 = 16th
2002 = 25th

SuperHog

I hope bball is better.  It's my last chance at actually getting to root for a winner.

Hogs fb sucks
Dale Jr was horrible this year
Cards are going down in flames in 5 to the Asstros

come on Stan, give me a winner PLEASE!
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

hogfan98

Quote from: SuperHog on October 16, 2005, 07:53:27 pm
I hope bball is better. It's my last chance at actually getting to root for a winner.

Hogs fb sucks
Dale Jr was horrible this year
Cards are going down in flames in 5 to the Asstros

come on Stan, give me a winner PLEASE!

track is year round and the baseball team plays in the spring.  sounds like you have plenty of time to root for a winter.  it's amazing how narrow minded people still are towards razorback athletics.  why can't people realize that there are two other, and more successful, programs on campus?