Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well, this wraps up a 5-6 season

Started by HogInMemphis, October 15, 2005, 08:55:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogInMemphis

AT BEST. 4 losses now and count two more losses to LSU and Ga. That's 6 L's. And if the Hogs slip up against either SC or Ole Miss, then hello 4-7. And I think it's highly unlikely the Hogs win at Oxford. My vote is 4-7.

Barrett just said that the Hogs have to regroup. That's funny - he says that every week.

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

TulsaHogFan

DirkPiggler

No way we get to 5-6.  We'll lose to at least one of the Mississippi schools, as well as to LSU and UGa.  We'll probably beat So. Carolina to get to 4-7.

Oh well, at least I get to play golf with JFB on Wednesday.  After he hears what I've got to say it will undoubtedly be my first and last golf game with him.
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Niels Boar

QuoteBarrett just said that the Hogs have to regroup. That's funny - he says that every week.

LOL.  Their two wins are over Miserable St. and Lame-O.  When have they ever "grouped" to begin with.  You have to go back to the Auburn loss in 2003 for that.

pignatious

DirkPiggler, if you are playing golf with JFB and have an opportunity to speak with him please ask him why in the world he is so bent on destroying Arkansas football by keeping numb-Nutt, when he built the program that was so good in the past? Ask him why 3-8 or worse after a 5-6 is sufficient to keep a coach around? Ask him why he has allowed this program to become the doormat of the SEC? Just a few off the top of my head.
Freedom is never free.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: PintailKiller on October 15, 2005, 08:57:49 pm
I'd say 3-8 is much more likely.

Agreed.  I'm sticking with my 3-8 prediction, with our only other win being over Miss. St., that I started predicting after the Vandy loss.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

corndo

4-7 - I'm an optimist, what can I say?

Gman

2-9, we won our last game of this season last weekend.  We Suck!!!

secthumper

3-8 IF WE ARE VERY LUCKY INDEED!!!   HELLO SANTA!!    GO HOGS
"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

DirkPiggler

Quote from: pignatious on October 15, 2005, 09:10:49 pm
DirkPiggler, if you are playing golf with JFB and have an opportunity to speak with him please ask him why in the world he is so bent on destroying Arkansas football by keeping numb-Nutt, when he built the program that was so good in the past? Ask him why 3-8 or worse after a 5-6 is sufficient to keep a coach around? Ask him why he has allowed this program to become the doormat of the SEC? Just a few off the top of my head.

Actually I think my first and possibly only question for the man will be, "How bad will it have to get before you make a change?"  I can easily see 2-9.  If that's not bad enough to get rid of the coach, what is?
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

SultanofSwine

Come on now, say it with me...Two and Nine...Two and Nine...Kick that bassturd in tha behind.

See it has a nice ring to it ;D

LA HAWG

Razorback Jedi

Since 1894

This team reminds me of the 3 - 8 team in 1990. Had some talent but couldn't get it done.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Hardwork321

Razorback Jedi

Quote from: Hardwork321 on October 17, 2005, 08:58:14 am
I hope you all are not counting on a MSU win.

Quote from: Razorback Jedi on October 17, 2005, 08:55:55 am
3-8

MSU is the only win left.

Not counting on anything this year.... I just think that of the remaining 5 games, MSU is the best possible chance for a win. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see 0-8 in the SEC this year.

Anti-OtisII

I'm going to have to go with 4-7 with wins over SC and MSU at home, but the ONLY reason I think we win those 2 is because HDN cannot afford to lose anymore home games this year.  He will pull those 2 out of the hat to keep his job.  It is a good thing that we had all of those returning starters this year. 

RebelliousHog

How can he "pull it out of his hat" now if he couldn't before. Why are these 2 games any more critical than the Vandy game or Auburn game. If Georgia puts a whooping on us (which they can, who knows if they will), the moral is gonna be at a team low. I don't see any "magic" left in the hat.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

HogInMemphis

0-4 in SEC for sure this year to start. Then will lose at LSU and will likely win 2 of 3 vs. SC, Ole Miss and Miss. St. although I would bet more on losing all 3 of those gamees than on winning all 3. How about 3-5 last year in SEC and 2-6 this year after replacing Fla with Vandy at home this year?  Wow.

HaWg 10

why is everyone so convinced that we are going to beat SC? last time i checked they hired a head coach by the name of STEVE SPURRIER.. i may be the only one here but i don't know that SC is going to be a cake walk.
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

Flatline

We will finish the season with 3 wins.

We know that Georgia will put it on us. 

Nutt will be out coached by South Carolina

Ole Miss looked good and they are getting it together.  They will beat us soundly.

Miss St. will be a close game but we will pull that one out.

LSU will stomp us. 

There is a chance that we will lose every game in the conference this year.  That would be the lowest point in Razorback history.

Razorback Jedi

The sad thing is, if we had any assemblance of a QB this year, we could have easily won 7 or 8 games. Auburn and Bama were beatable when we played them. LSU is beatable, as is MSU, SC, and OM. Georgia and USC are the only two teams on our schedule that really don't matter who plays QB for us.

Such a sad sad time for Hog fans.

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: maintube on October 17, 2005, 09:43:17 am
How can he "pull it out of his hat" now if he couldn't before. Why are these 2 games any more critical than the Vandy game or Auburn game. If Georgia puts a whooping on us (which they can, who knows if they will), the moral is gonna be at a team low. I don't see any "magic" left in the hat.

The Vandy game wasn't critical because almost everyone (especially HDN) marked that one down as a win with our superior talent.  That was obvious in the late 3rd and entire 4th quarter when we went conservative and played "not to lose".  Auburn has a LOT more talent (especially on the lines) than either SC or MSU do.  South Carolina will also be more than a little down after the Vols completely embarrass them the week before our game and MSU will probably be winless in the SEC when we play them in late November.  All three of these teams suck this year but HDN will actually loosen up when he sees that he has nothing to lose.

I still think he should be fired at 4-7, but I'm afraid he will get another year.

Biggus Piggus

Our defense will work better against Ole Miss, SC and MSU.  Without a QB, we won't win.  Can we find one by then?
[CENSORED]!

Flatline

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 17, 2005, 12:52:09 pm
Our defense will work better against Ole Miss, SC and MSU. Without a QB, we won't win. Can we find one by then?

I think that there is a good QB up on the hill.  I can't believe out of four guys that RJ is all we have.  You don't know what you have until you put the product out there and see how it does.  RJ obviously is not the product and for the life of me can not understand why he does not at least try the other guys and see how they perform.  We went through this with Matt Jones if you remember.  You think over the years that a coach would get smarter but in Nutt's case he has completely went south.

Theolesnort

This is crap about not settling for mediocrity. Heck, don't people get it we are not mediocre. I would love to be there.  Instead of us circling Miss St and Ole Miss and So Car as sure wins we are being circled by them as the patsies. This is how far we have been drug down. Oh, I am making a point here. I still will not settle for mediocre yet a little of it would be much better than what we have now.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

HawgWyld

Quote from: Flatline on October 17, 2005, 09:54:58 am
There is a chance that we will lose every game in the conference this year.  That would be the lowest point in Razorback history.

Ah, yes. It would be another "first" under Nutt. That would be right up there with the Music City Bowl, the Las Vegas Bowl, that wonderful SEC championship game against Georgia, the loss to Vanderbilt, the drubbing by USC on national television, etc., etc.

They need to change up the media guide so that Nutt is described as a "record setting" coach. That's an absolutely true statement!