Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama noseguard Cody sounds pretty confident

Started by hogattack, September 17, 2008, 10:47:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: TuckFexas on September 18, 2008, 11:50:15 am
Ernest Mitchell isn't exactly a giant pillow that Luigs goes against in practice either. I know is freakishly strong. I don't know what his height/weight is but I can't imagine him looking like Vern Troyer standing next to Cody. I think this matchup is getting blown out of proportion. I'm sure he'll see double-teams but I find it hard to believe Cody is magically the best DT in the nation after 3 games.

Last I heard Mitchell is about 6-2, 305 and the Sta Puff Marshmallow Man has about 60 lbs on him in weight and 3 inches in height. But that doesn't mean his fat arese can't be blocked.......I hear he is top heavy. :)
Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ROBOHOG

Don't worry, Mt Cody and the rest of them bammers will be asleep at the wheel after we give them that special batch of gatorade.  ;)

Landonhog

Quote from: TuckFexas on September 18, 2008, 11:50:15 am
Ernest Mitchell isn't exactly a giant pillow that Luigs goes against in practice either. I know is freakishly strong. I don't know what his height/weight is but I can't imagine him looking like Vern Troyer standing next to Cody. I think this matchup is getting blown out of proportion. I'm sure he'll see double-teams but I find it hard to believe Cody is magically the best DT in the nation after 3 games.

YOU HOLD YOUR TONGUE!  THIS MAN PLAYS FOR THE BEAR'S BAMA!

razorsharptusk

Speaking of over confident, many of the Alabama fans I talk to up here, believe it or not, are concerned that Bama may be to cocky going into this game.  They said from what they are reading and such on the Bama forums that many of the players don't see this as much of a match up at all.  I guess, from reading some of the post on here, some arkansas fans don't see it as being much of a match up either.  But this over confidence could come back to bite them.  Of course it could not bite them too, but maybe it will play to our favor.  I think they are expecting HUGE things out of that nose guard.  Good thing we don't run up the middle much.  Does anyone else take HUGE comfort in knowing we have  a thinking coach that can make live adjustments during a game!! Whew..I do.
GO HOGS!!

prince of parlay

Bottom line he is a P.O.S and I wish something upon him that I wish no athlete i hope he goes down with a knee injury!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: razorsharptusk on September 18, 2008, 03:48:01 pm
Speaking of over confident, many of the Alabama fans I talk to up here, believe it or not, are concerned that Bama may be to cocky going into this game.  They said from what they are reading and such on the Bama forums that many of the players don't see this as much of a match up at all.  I guess, from reading some of the post on here, some arkansas fans don't see it as being much of a match up either.  But this over confidence could come back to bite them.  Of course it could not bite them too, but maybe it will play to our favor.  I think they are expecting HUGE things out of that nose guard.  Good thing we don't run up the middle much.  Does anyone else take HUGE comfort in knowing we have  a thinking coach that can make live adjustments during a game!! Whew..I do.

I am glad they are oveconfident...that's great, let them be.....just as the many "fans" on here who don't give us a chance. I like those odds. I like a team that comes in overconfident and thinks they are going to run all over us and doesn't even need to play the game. Let them just roll their helmets out on the field and think they will win. Maybe they'll take a TUSK up the arse.
Go Hogs Go!

prince of parlay

Thats right get 'em Muskogee!! BTW greatest picture on here, better than the unknown blonde! 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: prince of parlay on September 18, 2008, 03:53:56 pm
Bottom line he is a P.O.S and I wish something upon him that I wish no athlete i hope he goes down with a knee injury!!

I won't wish for it because I have seen a number of great athletes go down and have their careers ended by such a thing. But it has been known to happen and all it takes it a forceful blow to the side of knee when he has that leg planted.
Go Hogs Go!

prince of parlay

I shouldn't wish it.  I guess the better pay back would be to just not let him get Dick or one of our backs and win the game!!  That will be even better retribution!

Teague

Quote from: razorsharptusk on September 18, 2008, 03:48:01 pm

I think that's all just talk.  I haven't seen anything from the players that suggests that they are at all overconfident.  The coaches have actually been stressing that since the Clemson game.  Then, after the no-show for the Tulane game, the coaches got a chance to tell the players "I told you so".  I think they've learned their lesson. 

As far as what Cody said, go watch the video of the interview.  He's not overlooking Arkansas. 

Hoggy1

Quote from: hogattack on September 17, 2008, 02:30:48 pm
Terrance Cody once appeared on Wheel of Fortune, the show began by him spinning the wheel, the next 59 minutes consisted of awkward silence as the wheel continued to spin...

Seriously, I mean this is advice for you....

that joke is lame.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 17, 2008, 09:09:06 pm
Forget that, let's just hope they have a backhoe at the game to dig a trench large enough on the 50 yard line to bury him in. Clemson didn't know about this guy so they weren't ready, and we aren't Tulane or Western Kentucky. Just remember, he gets HIS SEC initiation this weekend too. This ain't JC ball, some non-BCS school or sandlot football and he'll be going against the reigning Remington Award winner. We'll see how he fares against someone with great technique.
Backhoe hell. It'd take a dragline to dig a whole big enough for that b@stard. As to how big, dominate, blah blah blah he is, we will find out on Saturday at 1130. Everything else is merely speculation. Anyone remember Marcus Clavelle? This is football, you don't get by on size alone.

Porkys Revenge

I'm confident that if he farted it would register at least an 8.6 on the Richter scale.

El Puerco

Quote from: prince of parlay on September 18, 2008, 03:59:52 pm
Thats right get 'em Muskogee!! BTW greatest picture on here, better than the unknown blonde! 

The German beer blonde?  You're nuts.  Nothing is better than that.

hogattack

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on September 18, 2008, 05:31:19 pm
Seriously, I mean this is advice for you....

that joke is lame.

Seriously, It was meant to be lame

J_mac_2403

Sounds like alabama fans think he is the second coming of chuck norris!!

Porquemada

razorsharptusk

After watching the BP interview, he sure doesn't seem to worried about him.  He said we will not need to leave Jonathon by himself with him alot, but there are schemes where he will be one on one and he'll be fine.   Confidence!!
GO HOGS!!

RazorNineOneOne

Quote from: Porquemada on September 19, 2008, 06:19:07 am
Where's Lee Ziemba when you need him?
Lee Ziemba gained as many yards on the ground as MSU did last weekend.  He should carry his own flag to throw every other play.