Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama @ Arkansas predictions

Started by wincrimson, September 14, 2008, 12:14:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockoutw/yourHogout

Special Teams must show vast improvement if we are gonna have a shot in this one.

If special teams are on, I say we win 24-21...but if they're not the score could get pretty lopsided.

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

John Futrall

austin.hogfan

Prime for an upset with no Texas game.   Hogs 30 - Tide 27. :razorback:

woodhog14

Quote from: ATLpiggie on September 14, 2008, 01:15:51 pm
Hogs 45 Alabama 17

That might be the dumbest prediction I have ever seen. Have you seen our special teams? Our defense?

Bama 31
Hogs 17

Realistic. Not our year this year. But start watching out for the pigs next year, and every year after!

hogcoots

Hogs - 24
The misguided A from Tuscaloosa - 17

Hogs have too many playmakers on offense, a great coach with extra time to prepare, and players coming back on defense. 

chog68

I hope that this will be the game where the offense shows up and makes some plays and SCORES through the whole game, not just the 4th quater. If that is case, the hogs the hogs win, if not, they won't. PERIOD.

SwinedMelon

"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

Akimatsu

RickyRoma

Quote from: Wincrimson on September 14, 2008, 12:20:05 pm
First the Leathernecks, then the Warhawks... ;)

I can't remember...how did bummer do against the warhawks last year?  The arrogance is amazing.

neahog

Quote from: ErieHog on September 14, 2008, 12:20:58 pm
42-40,  Arkansas.     Alabama's power running game will dominate, but JPW will remain JPW, and a stupid mistake in the red zone will be the difference in the Arkansas upset.

I'm not trying to be a downer, but what leads you to believe that we'll score nearly twice as many points against Alabama as we did against ULM and WIU?
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

Ouachihog

Quote from: Immensehog on September 14, 2008, 01:47:23 pm

I have yet to see anyone's stadium described as electric for an 11:30 kickoff.

How about RRS vs Tennessee in 1999? 

For this game, Bama 27-20.  We've played a sun belt defense and a 1AA defense.  If we can't break 30 on them, we can't do it against Bama. 

"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

El Puerco

t-money

Quote from: Woody on September 14, 2008, 12:34:10 pm
I think you people picking the hogs seriously need your heads examined.
I agree, i hate to say it, but its gonna be ugly...Bama 38-Hogs 17
W. - What's
  I. -  Important
   N. -  Now

-Lou Holtz

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: neahog on September 14, 2008, 05:32:43 pm
I'm not trying to be a downer, but what leads you to believe that we'll score nearly twice as many points against Alabama as we did against ULM and WIU?

we'll be alot more prepared for alabama in this game than we were in the 02 game when bama came here as a highly ranked team.
The offense did well, they just didnt capitalize in the red zone. 506 yards means the offense did well. You're just missing your nutty and his high school offense.

Arkansas has a chance in this game with a wild razorback crowd.

I like Arkansas. We will be improved. 31-27 Arkansas

Hollywood_HOGan45

no such thing as a stupid prediction.

Nobody knows what will happen saturday.

Le Hogtre

Dugann

Up set special of da week!!!!!!!!!!!

Arkansas 34 elephants 21 :razorback:
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

TOM "tbw1"

Bama 35
Hogs 31

21-0 Bama at the half.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

jabohog

While I have held back on opinion by the optimism of a couple of posters that I know are football savy, I think this game will bring some realisim into their prognostications. Unless Bama implodes, they will probably win by at least 17 points. The Hogs are going to see a real defense for the first time instead of a "play above our head" bottom tier want to be. While I see the potential that could make for a sucessful offense, the other parts are found lacking. What I hope to see in this game is no special teams Frank ups. I know we can't do anything about the kickers we have, but we can do something about the return people and the blocking. There is no sense in this continuing on, like it did with the last staff. I also hope to see our Oline adjust to the defensive pass rushes quicker than the fourth quarter. Defensively, I don't know what to expect. Some turnovers would be nice.

hoginla

Our defense has done little to impress me.  Don't see us stopping 'Bama.

42-31 Tide
September 8, 2023 19 years w/Hogville!

happyhawgal

WPS!!
NewDay
NewAttitude
NewIdentity
NewYear

PIGLETT

Arkansas hasn't seen the speed of the SEC this year. The freshman are going to get an eye opener this weekend. The hogs will get blown out this weekend against Bammer but rebounds the next to defeat the ShortHorns.
Arkansas 10
Alabammer 47 

Ahog4life

Petrino will have the hogs ready to play I have no doubts about that. Bama's defense is very good and a lot better than our 2 previous oppenents, but that being said Petrino is going to have some extra time to articulate a game plan against bama. I beleive our defense will step up and play better.

Backs 33

Bama 27

94 Hawg

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

zorbacks06

akp4105

Hogs4Ever

dman

LSPRazorbac

30-27 Hogs

Razorback's defense finally makes some turnovers.  Bama scores late in 4th to close within 3, but hogs are able to run clock out.

TMc

Bama 34
Hogs 13

I hope I'm wrong - but I don't think this game will be close.

PorcineSublime

September 14, 2008, 08:11:27 pm #81 Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 08:15:50 pm by PorcineSublime
Quote from: akp4105 on September 14, 2008, 07:19:06 pm
Alabama 38
Arkansas 28
I would take this score. If we can show that much improvement this week, then the future looks brighter. Thre is no way that we beat this team on paper, but as we all know we will play on grass. Might as well tee it up and see what happens. In the end this team will be well served by playing the game, win or lose. We will grow from it, and be a better team next week. It would be great to go into Austin 3-0, and if it happens I will be not only surprised, but a very happy Hog fan. That said,

Bama       38
Arkansas  17
Edit: I forgot to say, welcome back wincrimson. You guys who don't know him should check out his post history. He is very complimentary of our team and was funny as heck in the Politics forum. He used to push TLP's buttons pretty hard with sometimes funny results.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Captain Pork

elksnort

Quote from: Wincrimson on September 14, 2008, 12:14:54 pm
Who do you have?

I'll say Alabama 27-13.  A rebuilding year for the Hogs as we all know...

Your about right, I think. Maybe 30-13 or 42-29?

Hoggish1

murphy_three

bigheadred

It will be a game of field position as Arkansas atones for its slow start in execution in the first two games. Alabama will dominate with the run but the hogs stay close with the pass. The score will stand 17 all late in the 3rd quarter. In the 4th quarter Arkansas will pick off a pass for the first turnover of the season and score. The final is 24 to 17 and a win for the hogs.
I am Bigheadred and I support this message. Yo soy el hombre.

Lake City Hog

rmsee

elksnort

Quote from: ErieHog on September 14, 2008, 12:20:58 pm
42-40,  Arkansas.     Alabama's power running game will dominate, but JPW will remain JPW, and a stupid mistake in the red zone will be the difference in the Arkansas upset.

How are we going to score 40 points against Alabama when we have not scored 30 yet?

Hoggish1

I had mine examined and it was pronounced clear and on the mark:  Bama 14 Hogs 27.  (What part of 14 don't you understand?)

PositronHog

Its hard to Say because Bama beat Houston Nutt of the East and Tulane while we barely beat Western Illinois and ULM, but one thing everybody should consider is the hogs are getting all of their experienced linebackers back for the Tide game, remember we played the last two games with all three linebackers as freshmen. ;)

Grunt

some important guys now available for hogs. Smith even better. two 4th down conversions (one a surprise). one salty interception. strong attack mode on both sides of the ball. We win 30 to 20.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

elksnort

Quote from: Grunt on September 14, 2008, 08:29:09 pm
some important guys now available for hogs. Smith even better. two 4th down conversions (one a surprise). one salty interception. strong attack mode on both sides of the ball. We win 30 to 20.

Great delivery on your post!
+1

PorcineSublime

Quote from: bigheadred on September 14, 2008, 08:16:31 pm
It will be a game of field position as Arkansas atones for its slow start in execution in the first two games. Alabama will dominate with the run but the hogs stay close with the pass. The score will stand 17 all late in the 3rd quarter. In the 4th quarter Arkansas will pick off a pass for the first turnover of the season and score. The final is 24 to 17 and a win for the hogs.
I like your scenario, hope you are a psychic.  ;D
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

hogsnott

42-17 Bama.....Our "D" just isn't ready for the talent they will see Sat.

bigheadred

I see dead crimson Tide. 8) 8) 8) 8) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
I am Bigheadred and I support this message. Yo soy el hombre.

BAMF*tuba*MAC

September 14, 2008, 08:48:27 pm #97 Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 08:50:53 pm by BAMF*tuba*MAC
21 them
28 us
........TUCK FEXAS........

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

HOGBLOODED