Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn

Started by SquidBilly, September 13, 2008, 06:57:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SquidBilly

I've got to be honest, I'm not that impressed with them.  Their supposed to be running this innovative Tony Franklin spread offense and so far it hasn't looked like much.  That game may be more winnable than we all think because Petrino's offense never had problems with a Paul Rhoads defense when they were both in the Big East.

Lake City Hog

Watching this game, I think we have a shot at winning more games than people think. Auburn has a fine defense, but I think Petrino will find a way to score at least 14 on them. Miss St. is pitiful on offense, 2 td's wins that game too.
Steal 1 of the next 3, beat Auburn and we are 4-2 going into the part of the schedule with more opportunities!
GO HOGS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hogdiggity

they look way out of sync offensively, have every game so far.  I wonder how long it will take for TT to pull the plug on the spread this year

Tejano Jawg

Boy, this would be an exciting game thread.

Auburn up 3-0 in the 4th quarter! WOW!    (yawn)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

pablo_escobar

Quote from: lchog on September 13, 2008, 08:38:09 pm
Watching this game, I think we have a shot at winning more games than people think. Auburn has a fine defense, but I think Petrino will find a way to score at least 14 on them. Miss St. is pitiful on offense, 2 td's wins that game too.
Steal 1 of the next 3, beat Auburn and we are 4-2 going into the part of the schedule with more opportunities!
GO HOGS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!1
so you're saying we win 2 of the next 4? bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dwight_K_Shrute

MSU would be up by 10 or more if Carroll wouldn't have gone stone cold. But on the flip side they have a scarry good physical defense, looks like they haven't missed a beat since losing Ellis Johnson.  I'm not thrilled with MSU's play calling either though.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jamie72921

Yes, Auburn's offense is struggling.

But you are seeing the importance of a shut down defense. Auburn's offense can struggle and they will still win.

Our defense is weak. If Auburn can make our offense struggle, they will win against us.

I can't see us as gaining any advantage based on Auburn's offense struggling considering the fact that they are, and pretty much have always been a defensive team under Tubby.
Bless your heart

Qbackinman

Safety. Auburn up 3-2. What an offensive show!

And Bulldogs get the ball.

hawgwash

Auburn now up 3 to 2, top of the 8th inning.

Rsvlhog

Auburn sucks out loud!
Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: hawgwash on September 13, 2008, 08:58:12 pm
Auburn now up 3 to 2, top of the 8th inning.
LOL, thought the same thing. Auburn is about to let this one get away.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

UhOhioHog

I wish we could play defense!

Razor_back

Go Hogs

Dwight_K_Shrute

Jeez MSU should just leave their D on the field now and let them play offense.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

UhOhioHog

The punt has been their best offense!

Lake City Hog

Yes, I do believe we will 2 of the next 4, we now have a coach that plays 1 way, to WIN!!!!!! He will not call a conservative game, he will force Auburn's defense to cover the width of the field and I think negate some of their speed and power. Miss. St. is basically running out of the power I tailor made for the Auburn D.
I agree both of these teams look exceptionally good on defense, but is that because they are both so inept on offense? Miss. St. has looked this way all along and in Auburn's 34 against ULM at least 2 scores were on defense. We can beat both of these teams and I think we get to Bama at home!!!!!

UhOhioHog

WOW!

What a bonehead!

hog_fan

Miss State offense is so bad I don't they think score much on us. Petrino will find a way to exploit their defense. Auburn same thing for them. I believe Bama and Auburn are both very winnable games. 4-2 is possible. Texas is possible and Florida probably not.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Sly Croom just lost some cred in my book with that play.  With the way your punter and D has been playing field position is so important.

State D just gave up a First Down and I can't blame them.  They have got to be let down by that last play call.

UhOhioHog

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

linze82

wow

auburn is blasting both feet with dynamite
smite me bishes

Dwight_K_Shrute

Auburn's offense just looks stupid with the way then get in the stance then stand up and look at the sideline.  Yes States D just recovered a fumble, but think if they would have recovered it 40 yards down field and in FG range.  Still doesn't bail out Croom.

Hot_Town_Hog

Terrible decision with 3:40 left and 4th and 15...Not much else to say.....Except he may have just gotten bailed out....

UhOhioHog

AYSM?  Another Turnover!

UhOhioHog

lookawayquick

Not sure I have seen QB play so bad in an SEC game.  Both QBs are horrible.  Sly is stubborn, he hurt his team with that bonehead call.  Hogs better find a way to bring the heat on the QB when playing AU and MSU.  Yes, the Hogs can win those games.

cypert2

Auburn most have no faith at all in Kodi Burns. As bad as they look on offense and his is not getting in the game.
Swinging on the two and the four.

UhOhioHog

South Carolina looks very beatable too.  And Petrino will coach Circle's around that Clown at Ole Miss.  May turn into a pretty good year!

UhOhioHog

Quote from: cypert2 on September 13, 2008, 09:16:42 pm
Auburn most have no faith at all in Kodi Burns. As bad as they look on offense and his is not getting in the game.

I think Charlie Weis could do better than these QB's.  And that's with only one leg!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: lookawayquick on September 13, 2008, 09:15:43 pm
Not sure I have seen QB play so bad in an SEC game.  Both QBs are horrible.  Sly is stubborn, he hurt his team with that bonehead call.  Hogs better find a way to bring the heat on the QB when playing AU and MSU.  Yes, the Hogs can win those games.

I can't believe Croom didn't even give Tyson Lee a look in a series with as bad as Carroll has been.  Lee moved the ball well at times against LaTech.  If the rest of the season goes like this Franklin will be out of a job TT will fire your a$$ if you aren't getting the job done.

OahuHawg

jeez Aub offense looks abysmal. Granted MSU D looks terrific but wow. Thanks for messing up my parlay Auburn!!!

hogdiggity

both of these offenses look pitiful. 

OahuHawg

ahaha final score 3-2. I guess thats a pretty good hockey score

Dwight_K_Shrute

To me it still goes back to that stupid 4-15 call by Croom.

And before we get ahead of ourselves our D has a long way to go to hold teams to 3 and 2 points.

The D at Auburn and MSU are light years ahead of ours and and that is part of the reason the offenses look so bad.  Our D may make these guys look like Texas Tech.

hogdiggity

I don't think I have ever seen a 3-2 football game

NWASooner

If any of you watch this game and this it's great SEC football then you don't know football.

Auburn's offense is a sloppy mess that turns the ball over a lot.

Miss State's offense is just plain bad.

None of thes teams are any good.

OahuHawg

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 13, 2008, 09:22:18 pm

And before we get ahead of ourselves our D has a long way to go to hold teams to 3 and 2 points.

The D at Auburn and MSU are light years ahead of ours and and that is part of the reason the offenses look so bad.  Our D may make these guys look like Texas Tech.

oh I agree that was a display of exceptional defenses. I'm pretty sure we can score some on em, but we need to solidify that line to stop the run. The offenses did look unorganized, not all the credit can go to the D for stopping them. half of the time they stopped theirselves

donewithdale

Quote from: NWASooner on September 13, 2008, 09:24:42 pm
If any of you watch this game and this it's great SEC football then you don't know football.

Auburn's offense is a sloppy mess that turns the ball over a lot.

Miss State's offense is just plain bad.

None of thes teams are any good.

Defense is played in the SEC unlike some other soft finesse conferences. 

OahuHawg

Quote from: hogdiggity on September 13, 2008, 09:23:39 pm
I don't think I have ever seen a 3-2 football game

I don't think anyone born after the 30s have :)

Qbackinman

Sylvester must be the worst coach around these parts.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

The most exciting 3-2 football game I've ever seen.  Still can't figure out why AU didn't put in Kodi tho when their offense was HORRIBLE.

hogdiggity

Quote from: Klynt21 on September 13, 2008, 09:29:14 pm
I don't think anyone born after the 30s have :)

Did you say something, I am a little destracted by the bouncing betty's

NWASooner

Quoteefense is played in the SEC unlike some other soft finesse conferences.

An offense lined up in the spread running a pitch sweep resulting in a fumble isn't because of great defense.  Those two offenses were terrible.  Keep in mind one of those teams lost to La. Tech.

msudawgs64

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 13, 2008, 09:22:18 pm

two things..

1. that was in fact the dumbest play I have ever seen..

2. Fire Woody McCorvey and his lame ass offensive game plan now.  If Croom don't do it this year, his days will be numbered.  If he is dead set on running the stupid West Coast offense without the players, then he damn well better get an OC who actually knows how to run it.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

hogdiggity

Quote from: msudawgs64 on September 13, 2008, 09:33:50 pm
two things..

2. Fire Woody McCorvey and his lame ass offensive game plan now.  If Croom don't do it this year, his days will be numbered.  If he is dead set on running the stupid West Coast offense without the players, then he damn well better get an OC who actually knows how to run it.

Believe me, over the past few years Hog fans can understand your frustration with stupid plays towards the end of the game. 

Tejano Jawg

That was the best SEC hockey game I've ever seen.   ::)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

mlloyd4

Quote from: msudawgs64 on September 13, 2008, 09:33:50 pm
two things..

Watching this game, and the UGA game, and the USC/OSU game - Petrino is looking a lot better than just a home run.  We are going to be a top 10 team within 2 seasons, and top 20 team next year.

WPS

hog_fan

Quote from: abostian on September 13, 2008, 09:32:06 pm
The most exciting 3-2 football game I've ever seen.  Still can't figure out why AU didn't put in Kodi tho when their offense was HORRIBLE.

OC recruited Todd while at Troy

ThisTeetsTaken

Sly Croom is MSU's Houston Nutt.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***