Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs. Ole Miss Blackout

Started by yraciv, September 11, 2008, 06:43:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yraciv

September 11, 2008, 06:43:58 pm Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 06:59:13 pm by yraciv
Saw this group on fb, and just decided to put it out there.  Looks like the students are going to try and blackout the Ole Miss game this year. This group has been put out much earlier then the one last year, so I think it has a decent chance of success.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25543518285

I did the attempted blackout for the game last year, and think it was a decent success.  It had to be since Nutt noticed it, and players even commented about it.   I agree we should stop with any past memories of Nutt, but the blackouts always look cool when done right.  I'm in!

kitarae

no point we got our way, he is gone. We just need to beat the living snot out of ole miss... That would be better than a blackout..

Speaking of the student section, I thought it was lame all the sorostitutes wore grey to the game. Show some school spirit wear red.

Hoggy1

I say flood the dork in Razorback red.

The black was good when he was here, but why even pay that much attention to the moron?

Blacking out the OM game makes it look like some of you care more about the downfall of the dork than the Razorbacks.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Feralhog

Quote from: kitarae on September 11, 2008, 06:50:21 pm
no point we got our way, he is gone. We just need to beat the living snot out of ole miss... That would be better than a blackout..

Speaking of the student section, I thought it was lame all the sorostitutes wore grey to the game. Show some school spirit wear red.
Nutt would take it as people mourning he left. I agree, this is a dumb idea. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Table Rocker

Dude, who looks at 'sororitutes' colors?

yraciv

Quote from: Table Rocker on September 11, 2008, 06:54:13 pm
Dude, who looks at 'sororitutes' colors?

I never see colors!  I'm not sure if there is a purpose to this or not, if there is it should be dropped.  I do agree that all black would look cool though.

Michael Porkleone

Wear Cardinal and forget about Nutt. 

Beat 'Bama.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

hillhog

Hollywood_HOGan45

i vote razorback red....unless u have a little black in your red or white razorback shirt.

1836andon

neahog

Quote from: yraciv on September 11, 2008, 06:43:58 pm
Saw this group on fb, and just decided to put it out there.  Looks like the students are going to try and blackout the Ole Miss game this year. This group has been put out much earlier then the one last year, so I think it has a decent chance of success.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25543518285

I did the attempted blackout for the game last year, and think it was a decent success.  It had to be since Nutt noticed it, and players even commented about it.   I agree we should stop with any past memories of Nutt, but the blackouts always look cool when done right.  I'm in!

I think you are in love with Houston Nutt. I just want to beat Ole Miss (and everyone else on the schedule) and forget about all of the damn drama.  Besides, I wear red and white to the game...those are Razorback colors.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

Sivad

They need to wear Razorback Red, cheer loudly for the Hogs and direct a ton of humiliating college style taunts to the rat fink knawing his own fingers off on the OM sidelines.

rangehog

Red with a big number 16, while setting in the visitors section.

yraciv

Quote from: neahog on September 11, 2008, 07:21:46 pm
I think you are in love with Houston Nutt. I just want to beat Ole Miss (and everyone else on the schedule) and forget about all of the damn drama.  Besides, I wear red and white to the game...those are Razorback colors.

This is not my group!  I rarely say anything about Nutt, nothing positive.  I've worn red to every single hog game I've been too.  Even the blackout last year, I had a red razorback on my shirt.  I just posted this because the group is gaining steam, already over 100 people, and thought I'd see your input.  It's going to look really weird when the entire student section is black and the rest are in red.  This group at it's current pace will at least get up to 2,000 students maybe more.  That could cause a weird mixture with students and other fans.

mlloyd4

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on September 11, 2008, 06:53:14 pm
Blacking out the OM game makes it look like some of you care more about the downfall of the dork than the Razorbacks.

This place is a haven for Nutt haters and conservative Christians. 
We should start a new poll at the end of the season and every season to really show how deep rooted this crap is.

1. I hate Nutt and hope he and his family and crony friends rot in ****.
2. I hate Nutt and hope he rots in ****.
3. I'm still pissed at Nutt, but wish him no ill will.
4. Nutt is gone, Petrino is here.
5. Wish Nutt well, just not against the Hogs.
6. Nutt was a winner and a fighter and he will be missed.
7. I want to have Nutt's children.
8. I like the red pants with the stripes, but don't care either way about Nutt..
WPS

NuttinItUp

Whiteouts look cool if everyone does it. (and I assume blackouts as well) No chance getting all Hog fans to do that, though.

edmo

Who is this Nutt of which you speak?

;)

Hawgnoxious

So what would it take to make this a rousing success?  20 people, maybe 30?  That's way more than I saw at the game last year. 
I'm Hawgnoxious, and I approve this message.

Sivad

Quote from: mlloyd4 on September 11, 2008, 07:35:56 pm
We should start a new poll at the end of the season and every season to really show how deep rooted this crap is.

8. I like the red pants with the stripes, but don't care either way about Nutt..

yraciv

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 11, 2008, 07:38:49 pm
Whiteouts look cool if everyone does it. (and I assume blackouts as well) No chance getting all Hog fans to do that, though.

Thats why I posted it. No there is no way unless they hand out shirts at the door, but the student sections definately getting the word.  We might have a student section in black surround by a sea of red.

neahog

Quote from: yraciv on September 11, 2008, 07:31:59 pm
This is not my group!  I rarely say anything about Nutt, nothing positive.  I've worn red to every single hog game I've been too.  Even the blackout last year, I had a red razorback on my shirt.  I just posted this because the group is gaining steam, already over 100 people, and thought I'd see your input.  It's going to look really weird when the entire student section is black and the rest are in red.  This group at it's current pace will at least get up to 2,000 students maybe more.  That could cause a weird mixture with students and other fans.

The entire student section won't be black. I graduated last year from the UA and there was a bunch of talk about this, if I remember correctly there were like 20 black shirts in the student section. I may be understating it a bit, but you couldn't tell. People invite you to these groups and you accept...Just sayin.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: neahog on September 11, 2008, 07:21:46 pm

you are the one in love with the nutty one. if u dont think drama will follow ole miss into razorback stadium, u are fooling yourself big time.

As much as you hate it, there will be LOUD LOUD boos for the nutty one.

neahog

I'd vote for choice 4 or 5. And most people would tell me that that means I am not a Razorback fan. btw, what do peoples' religious views have to do with Houston Nutt?

yraciv

Quote from: Hawgnoxious on September 11, 2008, 07:40:32 pm
So what would it take to make this a rousing success?  20 people, maybe 30?  That's way more than I saw at the game last year. 

There was tons more, but it was scattered throughout.  I'd estimate 10% of the student section was in black.   I saw grown men in black talking about it at their tailgate, and they in no way saw a group started by college students.

Reaganite

I agree that Nutt doesn't deserve the attention.

Furthermore, I want ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to take away from OUR COACH, Bobby Petrino, taking El Dorko's manhood.

A see of red & white in RRS will probably make the Dorkster cry, realizing he has to go back to the visiting team locker room and then to Mississippi when the game is over.

Bwaaahahahahahahahahaha!

NuttinItUp

bondo0007

i had to buy my tickets from ole miss,does anyone think there will be alot of hog fans that did the same,and will be there to?

yraciv

Quote from: neahog on September 11, 2008, 07:41:29 pm
The entire student section won't be black. I graduated last year from the UA and there was a bunch of talk about this, if I remember correctly there were like 20 black shirts in the student section. I may be understating it a bit, but you couldn't tell. People invite you to these groups and you accept...Just sayin.

DMAC and Nutt could tell.  I'd say it was about 10%, which is a decent amount for a week of preparation.  There was also 20 people in a row wearing black paint that I saw.  I also went to a tailgate of people all wearing black that said they heard through a friend.  Again, it wasn't solid but it was noticed.

There is also the maybe option or decline for groups.  I use those more then anything.

yraciv

NuttinItUp

Quote from: PorkOpine on September 11, 2008, 07:48:20 pm
Don't even start.  I read enough of your BS on the political board to last me a lifetime.
That was a decidedly unnecessarily rude response.

NuttinItUp

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: neahog on September 11, 2008, 07:43:36 pm
I'd vote for choice 4 or 5. And most people would tell me that that means I am not a Razorback fan. btw, what do peoples' religious views have to do with Houston Nutt?

if you wish nutt well, you dont belong in razorback stadium.

Suidae

Unoriginal.
Corny.
Move on.
You think Stanford, Rice, etc. would be this lame?
Just show up and cheer for the Hogs.
Good grief.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: PorkOpine on September 11, 2008, 07:54:39 pm
Rude?  You're gonna' have to give me more credit than that.  I can be an ASS to the Nth degree when pissed off.

trgofatpne

I think it should be ignored that he is even in the stadium. Booing, wearing black only lets him know you are still thinking about him. Acting as if he is not that there would be a much bigger insult

Judging by the roar of the crowd last Sat. in LR when W.F. Vs. Ole MS score was announced, I would assume there will be a little booing as he takes the field on the 25th

NuttinItUp

Quote from: trgofatpne on September 11, 2008, 08:07:55 pm
I would assume there will be a little booing as he takes the field on the 25th
More than a little, I would bet.

007 License To Squeal

I wore my black shirt last year. It served its purpose well. I have no desire to wear it this year.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

JoePaul03

Quote from: PorkOpine on September 11, 2008, 07:41:25 pm

Show me an unconservative Christian and I'll show you a cult.

I'm an unconservative, semi-liberal devout Christian.

Where is this cult you speak of?
WCOB, 2003

Man_O_Pork

Quote from: PorkOpine on September 11, 2008, 07:41:25 pm

Show me an unconservative Christian and I'll show you a cult.

There, fixed that for you.

Cave City Joe

"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

tahlahog

GROW UP AND SHOW SOME CLASS!  We have moved on everyone is in better shape because of what happened.  Don't worry, be happy!

Man_O_Pork

4, and only 4

Hawgnoxious

I'm Hawgnoxious, and I approve this message.

tahlahog

I know we hate to admit it but they probably are,  and for one thing they claim to be.
Quote from: Cooper on September 11, 2008, 08:35:16 pm
Mississippi's not.

hendrix08hog

September 11, 2008, 08:52:06 pm #45 Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 08:53:37 pm by hendrix08hog
guys, do not wear black. black is for emo-nation.

We are not sorcerers, wiccas, mages, hobbits, etc. etc.  We do not lurk in dark corners and cast spells on people. Say no to black.
FTS BABY

method_hog

I'm supremely superstitous about this stuff.  Not saying I don't have confidence in our guys, but I have to have on my Razorback gear when the game starts or I'm nervous. 

Razorback T-Shirt, Razorback Hat.  I've got a huge Razorback quilt, and my girlfriend bought a smaller Razorback blanket for the dog.

If I'm watching the game at home, and there's trouble at half-time, I've got red plaid pajamas pants that get slapped on before the band walks off the field, and when it get's really scary, I've got a Razorback Statue that gets brought out (that statue has seen a lot of action so far this season). 

Two years ago, we even bought a bunch of small stuffed SEC mascots - the dogs attacks them during the game.  It's an SEC voodoo doll, and our Chiuahua is the needle.  Before you make fun of my Chiuahua, be careful - that dog loves the hogs, and maybe more importantly, that dog will kick your a**.  It knows no fear. 

So yeah, black would 'look cool', but for my entire life, nothing has been cooler than a sea of Razorback Red with a big green square, 50 yards across and 100 yards long, in the middle.  WPS!

method_hog

Quote from: hendrix08hog on September 11, 2008, 08:52:06 pm
guys, do not wear black. black is for emo-nation.

We are not sorcerers, wiccas, mages, hobbits, etc. etc.  We do not lurk in dark corners and cast spells on people. Say no to black.
Hilarious.

clew

If we win that game, will Nutt want to lead the fight song?
Pure as the dawn

resqnu911