Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt to simplify offense

Started by Pecos Hog, September 09, 2008, 09:53:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cbjagman

Quote from: Hogsnort on September 10, 2008, 05:16:48 pm
It's sorta like the person next door hiring the same builder you just fired to build their house. You try to warn them of the builder's slipshod methods but all they want to hear is the lip-service from the builder about how some people aren't ever satisfied.
Good analogy; however, if we're talking about Hooter we have to throw in how he was totally misunderstood and mistreated by the person firing him.

Reaganite

Quote from: gobcssaints on September 10, 2008, 05:22:00 pm
He wants them on "automatic pilot", so that he can get back to more important things....like texting.

Can't believe he wants to use airplane analogies.   :P

eathill5

I think they are going to pain arrows on the field like they have on playstation.
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

Eddie Piggard

Quote from: Capt. Bennett on September 10, 2008, 04:09:15 pm
Danny's going to be calling the plays from the booth.
nope, danny at the sonic getting ice cream!!!!

Pray for Obama. Psalms 109:8

rcowen

Quote from: Capt. Bennett on September 10, 2008, 04:09:15 pm
Danny's going to be calling the plays from the booth.
He's gonna be calling DTS from the booth.

Pecos Hog

I'm really curious to which play Hootie was signalling in from the sideline late in the game when he was giving the univerisal "help me I'm choking sign" quickly followed by the universal "something stinks sign" of holding his nose.      I saw it on the TV and just burst out laughing.   I couldn't believe it.  How classic can you get?   And absolutely priceless.    Surely someone here has the video of the game and can snag a screen shot or short video.   

BigoBoys

Simplify, Does this mean that they will kneel down on each play? 

Hogsnort

Here's a post game audio after the Wake forest game:

http://djrebel.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/houston-nutt-wake-forest-postgame.wav

My apologies if it has already been posted.

bwbcpa

Quote from: Hogsnort on September 10, 2008, 08:28:01 pm
Here's a post game audio after the Wake forest game:

http://djrebel.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/houston-nutt-wake-forest-postgame.wav

My apologies if it has already been posted.

After listening to the audio, I'm not sure he even watched the game!

Feralhog

Quote from: Pecos Hog on September 10, 2008, 08:00:30 pm
I'm really curious to which play Hootie was signalling in from the sideline late in the game when he was giving the univerisal "help me I'm choking sign" quickly followed by the universal "something stinks sign" of holding his nose.      I saw it on the TV and just burst out laughing.   I couldn't believe it.  How classic can you get?   And absolutely priceless.    Surely someone here has the video of the game and can snag a screen shot or short video.   
I saw it live and it wasn't just Nutt.  He had half the sideline doing it.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Feralhog on September 10, 2008, 09:03:05 pm
I saw it live and it wasn't just Nutt.  He had half the sideline doing it.

Several folks around me were laughing their anii off, wondering if they would see his "lobster claw!"
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

BOAR_N2BWILD

quote author=elkhog link=topic=247258.msg3634326#msg3634326 date=1221015596]
That didn't take long.  "Let's simplify the offense, so I can call the plays".   8)
[/quote]
you beat me to it !!!
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

razorbrass

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 10, 2008, 03:39:59 pm
Nutt to simplify offense.... hmmm....  how long until he just punts on first down?
That's a bold strategy Cotton, lets see if it works.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

socalhogcaller

Quote from: LLPL on September 10, 2008, 12:08:28 am
Snead will end up challenging for every record Eli has at Ole Miss. Why are you so concerned for him anyway? He has looked good so far.

He did look good.  No, he won't challenge even a few records that Manning set at Old Piss. Nutt will see to that.

Justifiable Hogicide

Does Ole Miss even smell a rat yet?

Watching this from a distance is so much fun.

Jim Harris

Quote from: hawgfan80 on September 09, 2008, 10:05:06 pm
They almost beat a Top 20 team on the road. The reason they lost was because of their defense. And they want to simplify the offense?

Their defense will never be any better than it is now.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

dhornjr1

I'm really curious to which play Hootie was signalling in from the sideline late in the game when he was giving the univerisal "help me I'm choking sign" quickly followed by the universal "something stinks sign" of holding his nose.      I saw it on the TV and just burst out laughing.   I couldn't believe it.  How classic can you get?   And absolutely priceless.    Surely someone here has the video of the game and can snag a screen shot or short video.   
Is Austin on the sideline or in the booth?

If he's on the sideline, then you have to ask the Ole Miss fans, "If Austin is calling the plays, why is Nutt giving the signals to Snead?"

pitbull1

"Now son, I'm calling these plays, I want you to hand off to the left, to the right, and up the middle.  We have to simplify this offense.  Understand!!!  That thing where the ball goes in the air, won't work in this league.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Reaganite on September 10, 2008, 05:39:22 pm
Can't believe he wants to use airplane analogies.   :P
Another banner day for ol' Houston.  He just messes me up.
Good catch.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Reaganite

September 11, 2008, 09:41:59 am #169 Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 09:45:25 am by Reaganite
Quote from: pitbull1 on September 11, 2008, 08:50:24 am
"Now son, I'm calling these plays, I want you to hand off to the left, to the right, and up the middle.  We have to simplify this offense.  Understand!!!  That thing where the ball goes in the air, won't work in this league.

Oh no.  You got it all wrong.

Here's how he'll do it when speaking to the media:

"I told Austin he could call any play he wanted, as long as the running back got three plays.  One to the right, one to the left, and one up the middle, on every series.  That leaves Austin a fourth down play to either fake it or go for it.  Ya know it's hard, real hard, to be a young offensive coordinator in the SEC.  We just want Austin to keep the bus between the ditches.  Once Austin gets used to using two chinstraps on his playbook, we might let him throw occassionally on 3rd down.  Ya know though, there's nothin' like a smoke draw there, so maybe we'll go ahead and call that instead."

budcampbellfan

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on September 10, 2008, 11:39:59 pm
Does Ole Miss even smell a rat yet?

Watching this from a distance is so much fun.
Ain't it though!
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Tusks

I'm telling ya......a monkey with a whistle.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Blue35

Quote from: budcampbellfan on September 11, 2008, 09:44:45 am
Ain't it though!
The rat will get more nervous as time goes on. Ole piss will definitely pick up the odor shortly.

oldman1015

Quote from: idochog on September 09, 2008, 10:05:41 pm
100 % of practice will now be devoted to the run
hate nutt or not that is just not true. not even nutt would spend 100% of practice on the run. probably more like 98%.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

HoopS

Talked to an OM friend just now.  He brought up the loss and I brought up this quote.  He hadn't heard it yet.  I told him I know they like Nutt, but he'll frustrate the heck out of you.  He said "like is a relative term.  Yes we like him."  We said bye and as he walked away he turned and finished with "of course, I would say I liked Jeffrey Dahmer if I had to chose between he and Hitler."

hog_fan

Do any of you people read. The dork and Austin both said before season began Nutt would call plays. I'm sure Austin had some input, but I look for Nutt to listen to it less and less as year goes on.

The real question is will the dork repeat his mistake of screwing over Austin like he did Gus. Rebel fans love the guy and I read some want him as next coach so I guess they think the dork is preparing him.

budcampbellfan

Quote from: hog_fan on September 11, 2008, 11:17:53 am
Do any of you people read. The dork and Austin both said before season began Nutt would call plays. I'm sure Austin had some input, but I look for Nutt to listen to it less and less as year goes on.

The real question is will the dork repeat his mistake of screwing over Austin like he did Gus. Rebel fans love the guy and I read some want him as next coach so I guess they think the dork is preparing him.
If nut thinks Austin is more popular than he is or is even a threat to be, nut will compete with Austin.  That competition will not be fair.  Austin will be handcuffed and could decide to leave, per Gus.  It will be interesting to see what develops.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

TexHog188

Do the other coaches refer to OC Austin as "Old CFL".
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

pitbull1

Then after the draw play, to fool them he'll go right back to it!!!

cbjagman

I listened to the audio and was shocked to hear: "you can't have the turnovers and give them a gift( at least a half dozen times)", "they (OM) played with heart"," it wasn't just the defense, it was the offense; the whole team lost the game for us (as usual, no mention of the coaching staff)". Nice to know that in this world there are some things never change. The continuity of Hooter's comments is a major stabilizing force in nature!

GoHogs#1

I'm really curious to which play Hootie was signalling in from the sideline late in the game when he was giving the univerisal "help me I'm choking sign" quickly followed by the universal "something stinks sign" of holding his nose.      I saw it on the TV and just burst out laughing.   I couldn't believe it.  How classic can you get?   And absolutely priceless.    Surely someone here has the video of the game and can snag a screen shot or short video.   

I seen that too. When he does that it's two plays.

1st is hold nose then rubbing top of head. That is the Wild Rebel sweep to the outside.

2nd hold nose then hand around neck. That is the Wild Rebel run up the middle.

Go Hogs

hillhog

Quote from: Eddie Piggard on September 10, 2008, 06:10:46 pm
nope, danny at the sonic getting ice cream!!!!
Dork has taught Danny how to text so he can dial in the plays between slurps on his cone at Sonic.

jj202020

I just read that article for the 3rd time.  Still hilarious.

deltahogfan

Those who get there first with the most.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: GoHogs#1 on September 11, 2008, 01:36:29 pm

1st is hold nose then rubbing top of head. That is the Wild Rebel sweep to the outside.

You just can't make this stuff up!!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Justifiable Hogicide

SILK PURSE

I really think he is miming foreplay with Donna B.

On the dark days, I sit in a dimly lit alcove crushing up 250mg Nuvigil tablets and knitting tiny pink practice jerseys for Mr. Whiskers.  Then I think of the Herringboner Series--back to back fake punt calls in the 2008 Cotton Bowl.  Soon, shrill peals of laughter echo out the window and across the courtyard.

SILK PURSE

I really think he is miming foreplay with Donna.
On the dark days, I sit in a dimly lit alcove crushing up 250mg Nuvigil tablets and knitting tiny pink practice jerseys for Mr. Whiskers.  Then I think of the Herringboner Series--back to back fake punt calls in the 2008 Cotton Bowl.  Soon, shrill peals of laughter echo out the window and across the courtyard.

TexHog188

Monkey with a whistle.... that's the best description I've read in a while.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Gus the head hog

Draw play on first and second down pass on third and long.

Sivad

Looking at those ridiculous pictures of that reprobate, you just have to think the scalped price of Ole Miss tickets are going to be in the stratosphere.

farmhawg

They canceled his texting plan and he is signaling Donna.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Pecos Hog

Classic Nutt!   Thank you!!!   

idochog

Did we really have this monkey for 10years?
I love Jesus!

Feralhog

Maybe Snead developed a throwing shoulder?
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

usnavyhogfan

wow those pics are priceless! I love makin fun of the hoofer. +1 to who took the time to get those pics
The dream is free, the journey is not.

oldbear

One of the funniest things I have read in a long time.

jbbrann

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 11, 2008, 11:59:33 pm

It's Nutt doing what he does best...  CHOKING!

Technically, he is performing auto-erotic asphyxiation.

SkunkyMunky

Quote from: Pecos Hog on September 09, 2008, 09:53:47 pm
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080909/SPORTS030103/809090346/1109

"We want to be a much better running team," Nutt said.

Let's see...  there's that one pass blocking scheme that worked so well at Arkansas,  dive right, dive left, smoke draw, and the WILD REBEL.    Snead may as well transfer now.   

Does this mean they won't run sweeps every 10th play? Just straight up the middle every time now?
"Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?"
Jimmy Johnson

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."
Barry Switzer