Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harry King...Still Trying

Started by Teddyhawgeddy, September 07, 2008, 11:37:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Teddyhawgeddy

"There were no embarressing losses during the Houston Nutt era" wrote Mr King today in his column...Oh Really...I was in the Coliseum in 2005 and RRS in 2006 when USC treated us like a directional school...I also remember a day in Knoxville when we held EOE-East to 66...not to mention losing to Kentucky twice and Vanderbilt AT HOME...Mr King...give it up...your boy ain't coming back!!

gohogsgo006

Apparently he doesnt remember this game.
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

HoginIllinois

Quote from: Teddyhawgeddy on September 07, 2008, 11:37:43 am
"There were no embarressing losses during the Houston Nutt era" wrote Mr King today in his column...Oh Really...I was in the Coliseum in 2005 and RRS in 2006 when USC treated us like a directional school...I also remember a day in Knoxville when we held EOE-East to 66...not to mention losing to Kentucky twice and Vanderbilt AT HOME...Mr King...give it up...your boy ain't coming back!!

Where is this article? I would love to leave a comment.

WilsonHog

I wasn't aware we had a loss under Bobby Petrino.

Did I miss that memo?

(BTW, Harry, newspaper v. internet protocol being what it is, I have one advantage you don't enjoy. I can tell you, right here and right now, to lick my balls. Consider yourself told.) 

Niels Boar

And just what was going to happen these first two games with Casey Dick playing at his Nuttian level?  But Nutt would have fixed the special teams and put more of the talent on defense.  (snicker)

Divot

Quote from: Hog Nutts on September 07, 2008, 11:41:40 am
Where is this article? I would love to leave a comment.

Can't find the article yet, but his e-mail address is at the bottom of this one.

http://www. [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/archive/2008/09/06/HarryKing/347853.html

Reaganite

Two weeks in a row he references El Dorko.

Perhaps he should get his arse on I-40 East and stay on it till he hits the Mississippi line.

He should also take note of who his audience is.  I heard that WMS cheered wildly upon learning that Wake beat Ole Pi$$.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Reaganite on September 07, 2008, 11:53:40 am
Two weeks in a row he references El Dorko.

Perhaps he should get his arse on I-40 East and stay on it till he hits the Mississippi line.

He should also take note of who his audience is.  I heard that WMS cheered wildly upon learning that Wake beat Ole Pi$$.

He won't hit the Mississippi line staying on I-40 East.  Just sayin'.  8)
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Bomis Hawg

Someone needs to release their grip of someone's jock strap. 
Umm, 29-17 in Fayetteville.  28-24 in Fayetteville.  Those aren't Arkansas wins, Harry.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 07, 2008, 11:45:44 am

Did I miss that memo?

(BTW, Harry, newspaper v. internet protocol being what it is, I have one advantage you don't enjoy. I can tell you, right here and right now, to lick my balls. Consider yourself told.) 

Harry, after you finish licking his balls, lick mine.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Smithian

The 2002 Kentucky game was my first ever. I was there for a loss to Vandy and a second Kentucky loss. I also saw us lose 50-14 to USC. Those are just home games. And those are just the embarrassing ones I remember the since 2004.

Oliver

The UNLV loss didn't exactly leave me feeling proud to be a Hog fan...especially after our players spit in their players faces.  It's hard to look less classy than UNLV but we somehow managed it under Nutt.

razorback3072

I guess losses to UNLV and Minnesota also don't count
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Albert Einswine

That 63-20 loss at Tennessee comes instantly to mind.  What many may not remember about that game is that we were down 35-0 at the end of the 1st quarter.

That's enough embarrassment for a whole game and Nutt brought it to us in the FIRST QUARTER HARRY!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Lanny

Where is the link to this article?  That comment is unacceptable for a razorback fan.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

fuzion1

what about the USC loss??? That was probably the most embarrising loss of any sec team in a while.. At least we won the past two games

bigyellowdog

Nutt blew yesterday's game for Old Piss.  Hootie was outcoached by Grobe.  Missy should have beaten Wake by 3 TDs but thanks to the Nailbiter did not.

kitshicker

Quote from: Lanny on September 07, 2008, 12:31:17 pm
Where is the link to this article?  That comment is unacceptable for a razorback fan.
Kinda what I was wondering. I hate to blast off on Harry without knowing definetely that he said something so stupid.

forrest city joe

There are so many games that were a disgrace in the Nutt years.here are just a few.
Usc 73 ARK 17
Usc 50 ARK 14 in Fayetteville
Tennessee 63 ARK 20
UNLV 31 ARK 14
there are many more of them. Harry King just cant get over his boy being gone.the battle is over Harry. your boy was fired.we hawg fans know it's going to take time for coach BP to get us out of the ditch your boy left us in. we know it's going to be a long year.but we are going to give BP time to rebuild this mess.you were one of the people sitting around hoping we lose one of these 2 games. sorry Harry but we won. if you cant get over HDN being gone.why not go join your boy in mississippi,

Hogs4Ever

What a Nutt-Hugger.  The embarrassing losses came so fast with the Texticle it messes you up.  How about the arse whipping Georgia gave us at home and in the SECCG? 

forrest city joe

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 07, 2008, 12:52:14 pm
There are so many games that were a disgrace in the Nutt years.here are just a few.
Usc 73 ARK 17
Tennessee 63 ARK 20
UNLV 31 ARK 14
there are many more of them. Harry King just cant get over his boy being gone.the battle is over Harry. your boy was fired.we hawg fans know it's going to take time for coach BP to get us out of the ditch your boy left us in. we know it's going to be a long year.but we are going to give BP time to rebuild this mess.you were one of the people sitting around hoping we lose one of these 2 games. sorry Harry but we won. if you cant get over HDN being gone.why not go join your boy in mississippi?

chortle

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 07, 2008, 12:11:54 pm

Let's just make it a trifecta. He can lick my balls too.

welchog

Please provide link.

I've looked all over RazorbackCentral under King's columns and I don't see it anywhere.

hoggeek

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 07, 2008, 12:11:54 pm

Eeeewwwwww. You really want his ball sweat on your boys?

Boarsnest

September 07, 2008, 01:04:22 pm #24 Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 01:11:58 pm by Boarsnest
I can't figure out why King or any one else would feel that Nutt could do better with the team we have now or that we would be any better in the future!

!. We wouldn't have the freshman players that we have now if Nutt were still here!

2. Nutt's strategy was always to keep it close till the 4 th quarter and try to win on the last drive. His clock management was always horrible. I don't think we could have won the two games we have won with Nutt's play calling! Nutt panicked if we went down 2 touchdowns, on the sideline he looked like a cat on a hot tin roof trying to cover up crap!

3. I feel that recruiting was going to suck worse than it has because the actions of Nutt and his posse towards players, fans and media members that had the balls to question their motives! A few newspaper clippings shown to recruits and their parents by opposing coaches would say volumes about Nutts character, both as a person and as a coach!

4. He couldn't develop the talent that he had or he played them in the wrong positions! examples: Casey Dick, Jason Peters, T. Jackson 

5. Lost fan support!

etc... I could go on and on, bottom line is, Nutt had to go! There were no other options, and Nutt has no one to blame but himself! Sure the fans turned on him but only after he pulled all the crap that he did! Nutt and his posse thought they were bigger than the program! He figured that by kissing Fank's, big Jim's and others butts he was untouchable, he figured wrong! Rebel fans will figure him out in due time!

Sorry for the rant!

East Clintwood

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 07, 2008, 12:01:52 pm

He won't hit the Mississippi line staying on I-40 East.  Just sayin'.  8)

Then that's even better.  :)
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

DrSwineESQ

Quote from: Teddyhawgeddy on September 07, 2008, 11:37:43 am
"There were no embarressing losses during the Houston Nutt era" wrote Mr King today in his column...Oh Really...I was in the Coliseum in 2005 ...when USC treated us like a directional school

I was there too.  How long did you stay for that one?  I left a few minutes into the third quarter when it was clear there would be no second-half miracle--we spend the rest of the game getting silly drunk in a parking deck just off the USC campus.  That was a hideous game--especially having to "deal" with the smug-a$$ USC fans during and after the beating.   I'm not sure who LK thinks he's kidding?  I'm never embarrassed after a win, maybe disappointed in how we played, but never embarrassed. 

hog_fan

I already see fans complaining after 2 games and our media continues to bring up Nutt. Some of them are wanting badly for Petrino to fail. Attention everyone if you miss Nutt so much root for Ole Miss.

dhornjr1

No embarrassing losses under Nutt, huh?

11/06/1999  Ole Miss 38 Arkansas 16
11/26/1999  LSU 35 Arkansas 10
11/11/2000  Tennessee 63 Arkansas 20
12/21/2000  UNLV 31 Arkansas 14 in the Las Vegas Bowl
09/28/2002  Alabama 30 Arkansas 12 in Fayetteville
10/19/2002  Kentucky 29 Arkansas 17 in Fayetteville
12/07/2002  Georgia 30 Arkansas 3 in the SEC Championship Game
12/30/2002  Minnesota 29 Arkansas 14 in the Music City Bowl
11/28/2003  LSU 55 Arkansas 24
11/26/2004  LSU 43 Arkansas 14 in Little Rock
09/10/2005  Vanderbilt 28 Arkansas 24 in Fayetteville
09/17/2005  Southern Cal 70 Arkansas 17
09/02/2006  Southern Cal 50 Arkansas 14 in Fayetteville
01/01/2007  Wisconsin 17 Arkansas 14 in the Capital One Bowl
09/22/2007  Kentucky 42 Arkansas 29 in Fayetteville
10/13/2007  Auburn 9 Arkansas 7 in Fayetteville

Then how about some embarrassing wins:

08/30/2000  Arkansas 14 UNLV 10 in Fayetteville using four different QB's
09/09/2000  Arkansas 38 Boise State 31 in Little Rock
11/10/2001  Arkansas 27 Central Florida 20 in Fayetteville (HC Game)
11/16/2002  Arkansas 24 Louisiana-Lafayette 17 in Fayetteville
09/16/2006  Arkansas 21 Vanderbilt 19
09/23/2006  Arkansas 24 Alabama 23 (2 OT) Leigh Tiffin costs Mike Shula his job and helps to extend Nutt's job
10/06/2007  Arkansas 34 UT-Chattanooga 15 in Little Rock

Boarsnest

I watched the Ole Miss game yesterday. The announcers couldn't sign Nutts praises enough. Tired to make it look like poor Hootie was treated terrible by Arkansas! 

Teddyhawgeddy

I'm not smart enough to do the link thing...it is on the front page of The Morning News in Fayetteville...says he has to go back to Danny Ford's SMU game in Shreveport (when Danny didn't know we had scored a touchdown) to match last nights "embarrassment"

Pecos Hog

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 07, 2008, 12:52:14 pm
Usc 73 ARK 17
Tennessee 63 ARK 20
UNLV 31 ARK 14
there are many more of them. Harry King just cant get over his boy being gone.the battle is over Harry. your boy was fired.we hawg fans know it's going to take time for coach BP to get us out of the ditch your boy left us in. we know it's going to be a long year.but we are going to give BP time to rebuild this mess.you were one of the people sitting around hoping we lose one of these 2 games. sorry Harry but we won. if you cant get over HDN being gone.why not go join your boy in mississippi,

You forgot the Vandy loss in Fayetteville.   With that game I saw the light and understood.   HDN was fully exposed as a fraud after that game.   

hog_fan

cypert2

Swinging on the two and the four.

HoggieStyle

I'm not seeing it on the Morning News' website. Anybody found a link to this yet?

Ironhawg

September 07, 2008, 01:44:54 pm #35 Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 02:24:30 pm by Ironhawg
Quote from: Lanny on September 07, 2008, 12:31:17 pm

Lanny I cannot find the article online, but I have it in the paper in front of me.  Can I quote him?

Never mind.  It finally came online.  The article does not say exactly what the original poster in this thread said it did, but that doesn't take away from the extraordinarily negative tone of the article.  It makes me wonder if he had this written before the last two minutes?  It is without a doubt the most negative article on yesterday's win from any Arkansas writer.  Harry can move on to Oxford as far as I'm concerned.  I will not waste anymore of my time reading his drivel.

ballhogger14u

These are for the most part nutts players and we are having to play so many freshmen because of nutts lack of recruiting on both side of the ball, so you can't pin this on petrino, he has made so much more with what he has had so far, but these freshmen will make a ton of mistakes i don't care how good they are, they will make mistakes and when you have to put 20 of them out there a game there will be a lot of errors, it will take a couple of years period, till then i will need something stiff to drink

The Great Hambino

hking@ [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com

El Puerco

True:

"Crowd went Nutts when they announced the Ole Miss score.  Guy behind me says "That aint right, rooting against the SEC."  I said "Nutt has an exemption""

kitshicker

This is going to be a tough year....I can live with that. At least we don't have a coach that blames EVERYONE BUT HIMSELF and asks for a 2 yr pass.

porkurina

Quote from: HoggieStyle on September 07, 2008, 01:32:44 pm
I'm not seeing it on the Morning News' website. Anybody found a link to this yet?

You sure are right but King is no longer a Hog fan.  He loves nutts

Justifiable Hogicide

Dear Mr. Harry King:

We are glad you have shed any pretense of being anything but a complete "Houston Dale" Nuttlicker.

Now we know what you are and if we still read any of your columns will know where you are coming from.

Why don't you take your Nutt-love and Petrino-hate across the river to Mississippi.

HognVA

IronHog

September 07, 2008, 02:35:41 pm #43 Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 02:37:59 pm by IronHog
nm  :razorback:
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Outstanding!

Funniest post I've read lately.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

jgphillips3

Did I miss that memo?

Rarely do I truly laugh out loud at something I see posted as much as I did at that last comment.  +1 to you sir.

kitshicker

maumellebyrd

We did.  I yelled as loud as I could, probably about as loud as on 3rd downs for the D and as loud as I yelled when ULM missed the final field goal.

SteveInArk

September 07, 2008, 03:09:46 pm #48 Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 03:12:34 pm by SteveInArk
Found it:

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2008/09/07/columns/harry_king/090708king.txt

Modified:  Found it second, or third, or    "NM"

;)
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

PigSnort

First he says he scoured the media guide for Arkansas' most forgettable loss under Nuttless, then
King covered his arse from the USC games, or UNLY, or Tenn, by saying he couldn't find a loss to a Sun Belt team.