Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone else wishing we had Ellis Johnson?

Started by The Realist, September 04, 2008, 08:31:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

code red

Quote from: The Realist on September 04, 2008, 08:31:00 pm
South Carolina D is looking pretty good
NO....I like who we got.  I noticed our kids didn't jump around and act like they never played in a D-I game before vs. W Ill.  S Car is talented but very very undisciplined.  They lost that game because they are thugs.  The coaches must police that.  I think that staff in S Car is in trouble.  Take a gander at the rest of their schedule.....they are in trouble!!!!
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Bama Hog™

Not me. I support our staff we have. To judge him (or any of them) over one game is ridiculous.
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

Biggus Piggus

I hope Ellis Johnson enjoys his smegma sandwiches that Visor Boy gives him all season long.  They are going to have a long season just like we are.
[CENSORED]!

Pigsknuckles

Danger Will Robinson

Bet this guy could plug up the line.

BTW-Ellis is gone (never here actually) Get over it.

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Clint Alan

I would love to have a dcoach who got manhandled by Vandy up front..........

*sarcasm*
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

HedgeDweller

Quote from: 1highhog on September 05, 2008, 04:33:45 am
Jphnson left because he seen how depleted our talent was on our defense.

What I understood was that Johnson is from SC, and it was an opportunity to go 'home'.
Plus, he only needs a few years working in South Carolina to be eligible for a state retirement.
It just made sense, in other ways than purely football.

want2be

For all you technical guys........What is the difference in the two DC's

I know Willie has alot of pro experience. Shouldn't that be a plus in coaching and recruting

They both focus on fundamentals and believe in stopping the runn and putting pressure on qb's.
Trouble is it doesn't appear that either team is totaling learning the fundamentals, especiallly our d-line

They both call the game from the booth and appear to be good motivators

Neither one appears to call alot of stunts.

They both appear to have good chemistry with the head coaches and other coaches

GuvHog

Quote from: want2be on September 05, 2008, 10:13:47 am
For all you technical guys........What is the difference in the two DC's

I know Willie has alot of pro experience. Shouldn't that be a plus in coaching and recruting

They both focus on fundamentals and believe in stopping the runn and putting pressure on qb's.
Trouble is it doesn't appear that either team is totaling learning the fundamentals, especiallly our d-line

They both call the game from the booth and appear to be good motivators

Neither one appears to call alot of stunts.

They both appear to have good chemistry with the head coaches and other coaches

All of the above is true, But only ONE of them just had his butt handed to him by Vanderbilt!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

aaaactionvp

To the creator of this thread:

I would rather keep my mouth closed and let people think i'm stupid, then open my mouth and remove all doubt.  You should follow this advice.  These fans that 2 weeks ago were loving our coaching staff are now wanting something different. Give me a [CENSORED] break.

Hawgz4Life

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 05, 2008, 08:24:50 am
I hope Ellis Johnson enjoys his smegma sandwiches that Visor Boy gives him all season long.  They are going to have a long season just like we are.

wow...talk about grilled cheese. yuk.

Hoggy1

Quote from: rubmyHOG on September 05, 2008, 09:51:40 am
I would love to have a dcoach who got manhandled by Vandy up front..........

*sarcasm*

We had one.......2005 anyone?

Sometimes I wake up, and the first thing I do is thank the great lord above that the previous staff is in that bottom feeding state to our right.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

OTTER

No.  I think I'll play out this hand, it's too early to be folding right now.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

AckaBacka

Quote from: aaaactionvp on September 05, 2008, 10:18:57 am
These fans that 2 weeks ago were loving our coaching staff are now wanting something different. Give me a [CENSORED] break.
Thats the worst part of this season so far.  That and the 2 douches that sat behind me at the game. 

hogrider

Quote from: donewithdale on September 04, 2008, 08:57:34 pm
Could we have South Carolina's players as well?  They return 10 [CENSORED] starters from last year. 

When will we get tired of bashing coaches?  Can't we at least take a break for a season and allow our program to rebuild?

Amen Brotha!!!  +1

razorback541

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

majp51

Err, if we had the same talent returning to our D that South Carolina had, I doubt we would be looking for Ellis Johnson, or whoever the current wunderkind DC is out there.

Nutt left so many holes in our talent base that Baby Swiss looks like a solid peice of cheese by comparison. I'm not saying he left us no talent, just that certain positions we have starters right now that should be 3rd string even on a regular HDN type team, especailly on D.

Meanwhile SC has a good deal of talent, and a decent amount of depth. Nevertheless at the end, you saw what even Vandy can do to a tired Defense.

Amityvillehogger

September 05, 2008, 04:02:41 pm #68 Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:07:02 pm by Amityvillehogger
Some of you people wouldn't even be happy if you won the lottery.  If it's not one thing about our football team, it's another.  Some of you just can't be happy, period.  Theres always something negative to be said from people on this board.  Just shut up and enjoy the program and the new leadership that is in place.  Give it time, and we'll see the new regime build us up into something great.  Have faith that the proper pieces are now in place.  Quit nitpicking every little thing that you think isn't right.  We did this with the last coaching staff, because we didn't want them here.  Thats what we are starting to do with this coaching staff.  It starts small, and then snowballs. Give it a rest.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Jim Harris

I'm just wishing we had some better junior and senior talent at linebacker, a few upperclassmen in the seconary who are like Michael Grant, and a couple of Jamaal Andersons and Marcus Harrisons. Then it wouldn't matter who the d-coordinator is.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Tater3530

September 06, 2008, 03:45:40 am #70 Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 03:48:28 am by tater74apd
Quote from: Amityvillehogger on September 05, 2008, 04:02:41 pm
Some of you people wouldn't even be happy if you won the lottery.  If it's not one thing about our football team, it's another.  Some of you just can't be happy, period.  Theres always something negative to be said from people on this board.  Just shut up and enjoy the program and the new leadership that is in place.  Give it time, and we'll see the new regime build us up into something great.  Have faith that the proper pieces are now in place.  Quit nitpicking every little thing that you think isn't right.  We did this with the last coaching staff, because we didn't want them here.  Thats what we are starting to do with this coaching staff.  It starts small, and then snowballs. Give it a rest.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LJHOG

trippigs

Nope...I like Willie. He is our coach. This thread is devisive and inappropriate after one game. Hard to understand some "fans".