Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

thats why i stop posting

Started by kobe24, September 03, 2008, 06:21:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kobe24

alot cause some people take post the wrong way, i wasnt taking up for ole miss hell iam a hog fan, i would'nt do that

razorback44

Thanks kobe!  I for one appreciate your updates.  Go Hogs!
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Idahog

Quote from: kobe24 on September 03, 2008, 06:21:40 am
alot cause some people take post the wrong way, i wasnt taking up for ole miss hell iam a hog fan, i would'nt do that

You'll find that there is a 'Black Helicopter' crowd sometimes that can't take anything said for face value and everything has to be a conspiracy.  These are the Home Depot/Arthur Blank conspiracy theorists...  your info is appreciated, although I know you are fighting a losing battle trying to keep Dirty Dee's name clean on this board.  There will always be some wack job that can't keep from thinking there is a conspiracy involved.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

J Man

There are some people that would be negative if they won the lottery!  This is so regardless of the state and the fan base.  The majority of the fans want what's best for the school and the student.  We all feel that Winston will have a bright future in Arkansas is he chooses to be a hog.  He will have the support of the entire state.  Appreciate your addition to the board.

Milton

Don't take what people say on here seriously all the time. There are a few idiots who don't know anything and force their stupidity on others.
Quote from: Douglas on December 04, 2012, 06:23:54 pm
We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.

hawgylandelight

Has DW decision got the Ole Miss board this worked up?  Probably not...Arkansas fans are truly passionate and kids should be able to see that.

Tripod1

Some people want the rest of the world to be miserable just like them.  Let it roll off your back and keep posting.

BigSexyHog

I know it is tough at times, but you can't let them get to you.  Hang in there and appreciate your info.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

lovetailgatin

Kobe, I appreciate the info keep it coming. I can only imagine what D must be going through and really none of us can b/c we haven't been in that position. But as a hog fan I know that we NEED him and the state knows that and that is why all the attention. Good luck to him and don't let the misguided lead you in another way but back to the HILL.

theoldsowl

Thanks, Kobe....+1 for giving some insight.

Brewerfan10

Quote from: hawgylandelight on September 03, 2008, 07:34:39 am
Has DW decision got the Ole Miss board this worked up?  Probably not...Arkansas fans are truly passionate and kids should be able to see that.

agreed +1

jackflash

Wish you would post. Because if you stop they will have won. Didn't want to hear what you had to say.

sshawg

Mr. Winston has the right to go whereever he wants to go & I think that will be OK with most.  The only problem that I see is not necessarily that he might go somewhere else, although we all want him to come here.  The problem comes in if he invites recruiting guys from here , thinking that he will '' choose Arkansas, & then choose to go some where else, with all Arkansas watching.  Again , Its OK to go where his heart leads him, but do it in a way that won't embarass our state & our university.
If some remember, this happened couple of years ago with a basketball recruit.  Everyone went to Memphis thinking he was coming here & then he went somewhere else ( Georgia tech I think)
Kobe, I appreciate your help on this but just hope this is did in the right way.
One last thing.  A lot on here was on Mitch about leaving, but when he decided to go to S. Cal., he just left. Didn't hold a press conference or anything.  just left.  If your leaving Arkansas, as passionate as this whole state is about out Football program, just go.  Don't make a big deal about it.  And I think most will forgive & forget.

Hugehogsfan

Kobe, I am glad you post and hope that you continue to do so.  I realize that you are only revealing certain things and that you as a poster are just trying to give a little information about what is going on.  I know that in the end it will be Darius's decision and I hope he makes the right one for himself and his family.

iseeredpeople

You have to accept that with the limelight comes criticism. It's that way in any endeavor, in any job, or at any school. It's the name of the game. If you choose to play that's the way it is.

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: sshawg on September 03, 2008, 11:17:06 am
Mr. Winston has the right to go whereever he wants to go & I think that will be OK with most.  The only problem that I see is not necessarily that he might go somewhere else, although we all want him to come here.  The problem comes in if he invites recruiting guys from here , thinking that he will '' choose Arkansas, & then choose to go some where else, with all Arkansas watching.  Again , Its OK to go where his heart leads him, but do it in a way that won't embarass our state & our university.
If some remember, this happened couple of years ago with a basketball recruit.  Everyone went to Memphis thinking he was coming here & then he went somewhere else ( Georgia tech I think)
Kobe, I appreciate your help on this but just hope this is did in the right way.
One last thing.  A lot on here was on Mitch about leaving, but when he decided to go to S. Cal., he just left. Didn't hold a press conference or anything.  just left.  If your leaving Arkansas, as passionate as this whole state is about out Football program, just go.  Don't make a big deal about it.  And I think most will forgive & forget.

I agree. When Arkansas kids hold a press conference to announce their allegiance to another school its like a slap in the face and pouring salt in a wound. If your going somewhere else other than the U of A, just go. No need to rub it in.

SPAL

kobe,

your opinions and insight have been much appreciated. With that said, you know as well as the majority of this board that DW is oxford bound. I know you cant really spill the beans because that would take away from the kids choice....but lets be ralistic. When DW heads for oxford, he will soon be forgotten by us. You will always be welcome to post here, but you have to understand, DW snubbed us for the enemy, and since you are his family, posters on this board will not be as welcoming to you as they once were.

You have been a valuable source and it has been much appreciated. But since DW is gone now, i see no reason to ever mention his name again on this board.

tiber

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 03, 2008, 11:58:17 am
kobe,

your opinions and insight have been much appreciated. With that said, you know as well as the majority of this board that DW is oxford bound. I know you cant really spill the beans because that would take away from the kids choice....but lets be ralistic. When DW heads for oxford, he will soon be forgotten by us. You will always be welcome to post here, but you have to understand, DW snubbed us for the enemy, and since you are his family, posters on this board will not be as welcoming to you as they once were.

You have been a valuable source and it has been much appreciated. But since DW is gone now, i see no reason to ever mention his name again on this board.

How do you know this?  Could you have made a more leading/instigating post if you tried?

Let the kid make his announcement.

The real Hogules

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 03, 2008, 11:58:17 am
kobe,

And you have personal knowledge that Darius is choosing Old Myth over Arkansas?

I HIGHLY doubt that and will await Fridays press conference and would suggest others do the same before writing D.W. off.

If you have information that is dead certain what will transpire on Friday, then why not share your insider knowledge with the rest of us know nothings and prove what you say is true, or are you just speculating on Darius' college destination?

I think you are just guessing and have no true knowledge of the situation.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Tomhog™

No one truly knows where DW is headed.  I haven't been told one way or the other.  Even though I have been given bits of information that lead me to the path of Ole Miss, that does not make it a certainty.  I still hold out hope that "Dirty Dee" becomes a Hog.  It's the only sensible decision in my opinion.   

RZRBack_FAN

I cant wait to see what those that say they only want whats best for Darius will have to say when/if he chooses Ole Miss.

I have a feeling alot of you are going to change your story.

Hogginitall

Quote from: Tomhog™ on September 03, 2008, 12:26:28 pm
No one truly knows where DW is headed.  I haven't been told one way or the other.  Even though I have been given bits of information that lead me to the path of Ole Miss, that does not make it a certainty.  I still hold out hope that "Dirty Dee" becomes a Hog.  It's the only sensible decision in my opinion.   

I thought you got a bit of info that gave you hope?

Rebel64

If by chance Friday DW commits elsewhere everyone try and refrain from blasting Kobe as of this moment it appears alot of A$$ Kissing going on so don't turn your back on him if things don't go our way.  Like everyone says about other players we loose out on "we will WIN with or without him".

The real Hogules

Quote from: Rebel64 on September 03, 2008, 12:40:00 pm
If by chance Friday DW commits elsewhere everyone try and refrain from blasting Kobe as of this moment it appears alot of A$$ Kissing going on so don't turn your back on him if things don't go our way.  Like everyone says about other players we loose out on "we will WIN with or without him".

Most posters understands that it's not Kobe's decision as to where Darius ends up and thus the majority of posters will not resort to bashing Kobe for Darius' decision, should he choose to attend another school.

While it would be a tough pill to swallow if Darius does decide that Oxford Mississippi is the place for him, I pledge right here and now to not hold Kobe accountable for such a decision.
I'll also not post hateful postings about Darius' decision, but will certainly wish he'd have chosen a different way of announcing his choice other than state wide television.

Darius is welcome to choose whatever program he decides will serve him best in the future, but to go on state wide television and announce for another program would certainly be in bad taste, IMHO and would upset several posters without a doubt.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

RZRBack_FAN

If he in fact announces on ARK STATE wide Tv that he is going to Ole Miss all the @ss kissing going on will stop. I cant wait to read the words of those that are sucking up and kissing @ss now if he does announce Ole Miss.

Jeffcphog

If he does go on State wide TV and announce he is going to Ole Mrs, that may not be the end of the story.  Last year a much sought after recruit went on Fox Channel 16 in Little Rock to announce his intentions.  It was USC.  That recruit?  None other than Joe Adams.  So guys, lets not burn any bridges after the announcement.

wholehog92

Kobe,

I have always been both appreciative and respectful concerning your posts.  Up to this point, you haven't answered a couple of my questions, like what is D looking for in a school and football program.  That's OK, you are as welcome as anyone else to ignore me!  You have said you were "helping" D make his decision by taking him to visits and things like that.  In my family when a person "helps" they provide advice and a sounding place for a kid.  That is probably the case in most families.  People that have seen what you have posted will associate you with that decision.  People associate my family with the decisions I've made.  Rational or not, it happens.  If D goes on statewide ARKANSAS airwaves and announces that he is going to play for public enemy #1 on this board, you will be associated right or wrong.  Just like if he announces for AR you will be celebrated.  This is the cost of notoriety.  At any rate, I appreciate your posting on our board and hope you remain regardless of Ds decision.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: ChargerHog on September 03, 2008, 12:28:26 pm
I cant wait to see what those that say they only want whats best for Darius will have to say when/if he chooses Ole Miss.

I have a feeling alot of you are going to change your story.

I do want what is best for Darius.  But anyone with have a lick of sense can see that going to the UA is the best decision he can make.  He would be joining a team that will be on the major bowl scene probably all 3 or 4 years he would play.  He would be learning under one of the best defensive back coaches in the game (college or pro).  Better TV exposure would be a plus.  Former Razorbacks (particularly homegrown athletes) have job opportunites all over the state that I don't know Ole Miss can match since their state is divided. 

If he wants to improve his draft stock, he chooses Arkansas.
If he wants the best chance to win championships, he chooses Arkansas.
If he wants to secure job opportunities in his home state close to home after his football career is over, he chooses Arkansas.

I'm trying to think of a good reason to go to Ole Miss.  (Houston Nutt is far from a good reason)

Richard_white

Quote from: Jeffcphog on September 03, 2008, 01:34:36 pm
Last year a much sought after recruit went on Fox Channel 16 in Little Rock to announce his intentions.  It was USC.  That recruit?  None other than Joe Adams.  So guys, lets not burn any bridges after the announcement.

There is a big difference in the two.  Adams wanted no part of NoNutt offense.  If what you say is true, what could Arkansas do to get DW to switch from Ole Miss?....

idochog

Noone benefits from Chris Vaughn coaching you.  Herring hated Chris Vaughn, didnt want him near the field.  He has no skills to coach imo.

Just read his BIO and then read our defensive backs coach BIO and you see the easy choice is Arkansas
I love Jesus!

FBPLAYER65

Winston is going to Arkansas. Relax people.

hog_fan

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on September 03, 2008, 02:47:27 pm
Winston is going to Arkansas. Relax people.

Please share your info. Do you know someone on the razorbacks that knows this? I know you can't give away your source, but more info would be nice so we know it is more then your opinion.

Swine & Cheese Club

As a Razorback fan for 30 years, I want what is best for the UofA first!  As a resident of the state of Arkansas for 30+ years I want all of our homegrown kids to excel.  When it comes to our kids going out of state to another university that we will play year in and year out I draw the line there.  This is nothing against the kid at all.  I just don't have allegiances to that kid anymore.  My allegiance to the UofA athletics is strong.  I won't lie to you.  If a homegrown kid doesn't want to carry on and build on the tradition of the Razorbacks...good luck in your endeavors elsewhere and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

That being said, I hope DW decides to come to the Hill.  His talents would be an asset to a very young defensive unit.  If he decides to go elsewhere...so be it.  WPS

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: Hog Fan4 Life07 on September 03, 2008, 02:56:33 pm
As a Razorback fan for 30 years, I want what is best for the UofA first!  As a resident of the state of Arkansas for 30+ years I want all of our homegrown kids to excel.  When it comes to our kids going out of state to another university that we will play year in and year out I draw the line there.  This is nothing against the kid at all.  I just don't have allegiances to that kid anymore.  My allegiance to the UofA athletics is strong.  I won't lie to you.  If a homegrown kid doesn't want to carry on and build on the tradition of the Razorbacks...good luck in your endeavors elsewhere and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

That being said, I hope DW decides to come to the Hill.  His talents would be an asset to a very young defensive unit.  If he decides to go elsewhere...so be it.  WPS

I agree to a certain extent.  But if he were choosing between Arkansas and USC or Texas or LSU, that would be something entirely different. I can see a legitimate reason a recruit might go out of state there.  Even a place like Tulsa if they want to play right away.  But I fail to see how Ole Miss is even in the equation.  I see nothing they offer that would be better than Arkansas. 

Arkansas > Ole Miss in coaching staff
Arkansas > Ole Miss in national stature
Arkansas > Ole Miss in facilities

I understand that someone might get along really well with a coach or a staff, but geez....THEY DIDN'T WIN A CONFERENCE GAME LAST YEAR

Swine & Cheese Club

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on September 03, 2008, 03:08:41 pm
I agree to a certain extent.  But if he were choosing between Arkansas and USC or Texas or LSU, that would be something entirely different. I can see a legitimate reason a recruit might go out of state there.  Even a place like Tulsa if they want to play right away.  But I fail to see how Ole Miss is even in the equation.  I see nothing they offer that would be better than Arkansas. 

Arkansas > Ole Miss in coaching staff
Arkansas > Ole Miss in national stature
Arkansas > Ole Miss in facilities

I understand that someone might get along really well with a coach or a staff, but geez....THEY DIDN'T WIN A CONFERENCE GAME LAST YEAR

Yeah, having a chance to play for a perennial powerhouse is appealing and somewhat excusable for an 18 year old kid.  More power to them if they are being recruited by the likes of a USC or LSU.

I just can't see how a recruit from Arkansas with Razorback ties could turn away from this program at this time (for anyone else) when the future has so much promise and they could make an immediate impact.  Of course I am just a homer and wish all the good kids would go to the UofA.

El Puerco

Quote from: Tomhog™ on September 03, 2008, 01:40:06 pm
Guys, let's not start venting yet.  It's still 47 hours and change til the announcement. 

Plus, you all know it won't end with his announcement.

He says "I'm a Hog," and the paranoid among us will second guess it until the ink dries in Feb.
He says "I want to throw my life away and play for the biggest charlatan of our time," and we'll still squirm and try to flip him until Feb.

jgphillips3

Quote from: El Puerco on September 03, 2008, 03:58:06 pm
Plus, you all know it won't end with his announcement.

He says "I'm a Hog," and the paranoid among us will second guess it until the ink dries in Feb.
He says "I want to throw my life away and play for the biggest charlatan of our time," and we'll still squirm and try to flip him until Feb.

Bingo.

jsimpso3

everybody knows this press conference doesn't mean jack right? if he commits to ole miss, do you think petrino will stop recruiting him? if he commits to arkansas do you think someone as relentless as saban at bama still won't pay him a visit? let the kid have his fun friday. don't mean nothing until feb.

SquidBilly

Quote from: kobe24 on September 03, 2008, 06:21:40 am

If you post you have to be prepared for the mix of reactions you are going to get.  You have to understand that when most of your posts are about Darius Winston it is going to draw a lot of interest, some praise and some criticism.  He's a hot button issue right now and likely will be until after NSD.  I say continue to post because it adds to the discussion but don't take message board poster reactions so seriously.  It is easy to post anything when it is done from relative anonymity. 

SPAL

the point i was trying to make....

when DW says he is goin to ole miss, kobe has to be prepared for backlash. I wont bash him, Kobe didnt make the mistake, DW did. But there will be posters here who will bash DW and maybe even his family. That is the nature of the beast, right or wrong. all i was saying is that for the purpose of moving on and keeping the backlash to a minimum, we shouldnt mention him again once is has been made. I am al for protecting kobe...he has been valuable, even if his nephew isnt coming here.

Oklahawg

My money is on DW going to Ole Miss. Its not my money that matters in that decision, however.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oliver

I won't be angry if DW chooses Ole Miss.  If somebody wants to commit to HDN, then I don't want him on the Razorbacks if for no other reason than the lack of common sense.  I really hope that DW has a good head on his shoulders, but I guess we'll see on Friday.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Tomhog™ on September 03, 2008, 10:11:57 pm
If he commits to Ole Miss, I'm fairly sure the Arkansas staff will not activelyt recruit him anymore.

Nor should they.  Deciding to go play for Nutt after what Nutt's put our program through the last few years will be the same as spitting in the face of Razorback nation.

bkjacks

I hope that is true. That may stop some of the drama in the future.

Quote from: Tomhog™ on September 03, 2008, 10:11:57 pm
If he commits to Ole Miss, I'm fairly sure the Arkansas staff will not activelyt recruit him anymore.

Rebel64

Quote from: ATLpiggie on September 04, 2008, 05:58:25 am
Nor should they.  Deciding to go play for Nutt after what Nutt's put our program through the last few years will be the same as spitting in the face of Razorback nation.

I am quite sure an 18 year old see it the same way.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: Oliver Miller on September 03, 2008, 10:21:16 pm
I won't be angry if DW chooses Ole Miss.  If somebody wants to commit to HDN, then I don't want him on the Razorbacks if for no other reason than the lack of common sense.  I really hope that DW has a good head on his shoulders, but I guess we'll see on Friday.

I agree with you...I hope he's a Hog.