Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So who is the "respected" member of the AR media Jim Harris is referring to...

Started by razorbackmkh, August 31, 2008, 09:28:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sivad

Quote from: BigDeal on September 01, 2008, 10:25:24 am
I'm telling you A LOT of people were saying that Saturday night ! I have heard the same thing firsthand.
I thank you.

Tell the truth Big Deal, are you Jim Lindsey?

jamie72921

Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 01, 2008, 11:27:42 am
Why would a business owner hurt his own company's bottom line at Frank's request? He didn't have that much power over people. "You know Frank, my business is down 10 percent since I stopped advertising but I'll keep doing it for you."

Maybe, just maybe, the opinions expressed by the media are their actual opinions and not foisted upon them by threats or intimidation.

Your argument can be applied to the journalist's business as well.

I am pretty sure the pulling of advertising affects the jounalist's bottom line as well. Hence, the motivation to succumb to pressure from revenue sources.

Also, because a company pulls ads from one source wouldn't preclude them from going with another competitive source that also produces results and not affecting the bottom line at all.

Didn't Channel 5 in Fort Smith pressure Irwin to quit posting here and quit the radio show in nwa? He has resurfaced again on radio now that the dust has settled. I am sure that was just coincidence, since there was a strong rumor that Mike was trying to be forced out because of his "unfavorable" public reporting with concern to the former coach.

Maybe, just maybe, some members of the media are influence by the same pressures, finances and job security, as the rest of the world.
Bless your heart

jamie72921

Quote from: taintlint on September 01, 2008, 12:14:09 pm
This isn't 1960 anymore. Some of you need to go on a walk. Frank Broyles hasn't been relevant, nor has the UA's "power", in decades.

ESPN doesn't hate us, Home Depot doesn't give a frick about us or who coaches our team, Frank Broyles has as much relevance as I do, and it's long over due that some of you remove the tin foil from your head.

Of course shady things happen and coaches can make things hard, but the ridiculous conspiracy theories you clowns come up with are laughable.

(If this gets deleted, it's because someone in the Broyles Center, ESPN, Home Depot, NASDAQ, NYSE, NAFTA, or the UN took it off.)

Frank Broyles has much more influence than you believe he does/did. He is still respected nationally and is still very well connected.

He obviously lacks the power he once enjoyed, however.
Bless your heart

VoR

From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

Steef

Quote from: WRICAT on September 01, 2008, 07:10:19 pm
I say winning championships at Ole Miss will change that for a lot of people.

I do understand it would not change, with reference to you.

Good luck with that.

Albert Einswine

BwaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaa!  I'm laughing right in your face...... virtually!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

BADASSPIG

PAHawg

Who really cares???  They'll all be lovin' it when the Hogs are winning consistantly.

Lake City Hog

Wricat, let me get this straight, Nutt is going to win championships (meaning multiple) at Ole Miss and he couldn't win 1 at Arkansas in 10 years? Not one with Matt Jones and company, not one with the best backfield in Razorback history, but multiple championships at Ole Miss?
Dude, you need some serious help! Please do not wait, you might do something that you will regret for the rest of your life.
james

PositronHog

Quote from: lchog on September 01, 2008, 08:47:10 pm
Wricat, let me get this straight, Nutt is going to win championships (meaning multiple) at Ole Miss and he couldn't win 1 at Arkansas in 10 years? Not one with Matt Jones and company, not one with the best backfield in Razorback history, but multiple championships at Ole Miss?
Dude, you need some serious help! Please do not wait, you might do something that you will regret for the rest of your life.
james
+1

PAHawg

You're joking, right???  Ole Miss and championships don't go together no matter who the coach is.

hogblade

It sounds just like Nate Allen. I went to several away games last year and the year before when the Heat was on Nutt and I would hear him in the airport talking to people and laughing about how people think Nutt wasn't a good coach, and they would be sorry when he was gone. I heard this kinda stuff numerous times.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: hogblade on September 01, 2008, 08:55:45 pm
It sounds just like Nate Allen. I went to several away games last year and the year before when the Heat was on Nutt and I would hear him in the airport talking to people and laughing about how people think Nutt wasn't a good coach, and they would be sorry when he was gone. I heard this kinda stuff numerous times.

Funny!  I find myself not being sorry that Nutt's gone in the least.  I wonder who the retards are that he was referring to?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Newhopehog

Quote from: AckaBacka on September 01, 2008, 01:57:49 pm
That is a more damning indictment of the Ark media than if they were cowed by threats from the BAC.  If what you are saying is true, it means that they just didnt have it in them to begin with. 
So true...this would me a level of laziness or incompetence that is beyond belief....

hog_fan

I don't understand why the Nutt not hogs fan don't just go and cheer for Ole Miss. This way they cheer for a coach they like and think is great and we all don't have to hear garabge coming from them. Everyone would be happy then.

Blue35

HoggySTruman

Quote from: WRICAT on September 02, 2008, 02:47:06 am
I very well remember the Johnny Vaught days, when he was the coach at Ole Miss.

They were the national power in the SEC.

Frank Broyles has never beaten a Ole Miss team.

I can not remember if Mississippi State was s D1 team at that time, but I do not believe they were.

I know this.   The Mannning's are strong supporters of Houston Nutt, and Archie Manning basically stated, before he caught himself on national TV, that Mississippi would gladly take Houston Nutt, if Arkansas did not want him.

After hearing that, I had come to the conclusion that Houston Nutt was leaving Arkansas, which proved to be true.
Well, aren't you Jimmy the Greek?

What  in the HECK does that have to do with Ole Miss winning a championship?

I'll answer for you....NOTHING.

Steef

As a Hog fan whose team must play Ole Miss, seemingly in perpetuity...I can say without a doubt, that I am thrilled to have Houston Nutt leading the Rebels to their championships.

Every year from now on.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: WRICAT on September 02, 2008, 02:47:06 am

I know this.   The Mannning's are strong supporters of Houston Nutt, and Archie Manning basically stated, before he caught himself on national TV, that Mississippi would gladly take Houston Nutt, if Arkansas did not want him.

Good.  I don't generally care for Archie Manning (talk about a helicopter parent!) or his progeny and I think it's funny that he's hitched his reputation and Ole Miss legacy to MOTHO's wagon.

It will be biting him in his six in 2 or 3 years.

Mark Lericos

His best chance will be this year, with that talent. After that, I'm guessing the law of diminishing returns kicks in.

Goodness, if DMAC and Felix can't lead you to a title, who else will?  Nutt is, by his record, an average coach. Not horrible, he wins games. But to expect championships from him, in the SEC, might be unrealistic.

and by championship.. I mean an actual LEAGUE title.   :D

Hawgz4Life

ldshog

Otis sure ain't well respected.  He can't even speak in complete sentences.

HoggieStyle

porkurina

"a well-respected media member who backed Houston Nutt during all the Malzahn-Mustain drama of 2006-07 said to us, "I guess Houston Nutt wasn't such a bad coach.""

Thank goodness this so called reporter didn't call our coach BP a dork.  This so called reporter would have a lot of apologizing to do.  And someone might write him a letter starting with "Dear Mr. Misinformation King"

reddierazorback

Go HOGS!

LamarMundane

Halftime of first game of a new era, with tons of true freshmen playing, is awfully quick on the trigger to be making judgments. That's harsh. Actually, it's stupid.

Having said that, let's remember that Petrino is making $2.8mm, which is double what Nutt was making last year. Is he worth that much discrepancy? It definitely adds to my expectations over the next five years: Win the SEC, or bust. We've done everything else, that's what he has to do to surpass the previous guy.

BadHog

Quote from: hogblade on September 01, 2008, 08:55:45 pm

ding, ding, ding, ding. I think we have a winner. ;D
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle