Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michigan vs Utah

Started by The Hog, August 30, 2008, 03:15:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hog

Got a game going.  Mich 10 Utah 6.  Utah with the ball and moving.  At the Michigan 35..
Automatic RUN!

The Hog

Utah scores.  Penalty on Utah.  Puts the ball at the 20 and 2nd down.
Automatic RUN!

oldbear

Would anyone else love to see Michigan and the Big 10 with another opening day loss?

The Hog

Utah settles for a FG.  Mich 10 Utah 9
Automatic RUN!

The Hog

Michigan offense is sputtering.  It will take Rodriguez time to get his type of players to run the spread.
Automatic RUN!

The Hog

Automatic RUN!

Bomis Hawg

This has been an interesting game.  Louie Sakoda (one of the top kickers in the nation) had an XP blocked on their first TD.
The Michigan offense hasn't quite shown much.  I think their defense has done a good job keeping Utah in check.

SRFL

Has McGuffie hurdled anyone yet?  ;)

Bomis Hawg

Utah giving a direct snap to Matt Asiata.  The Wild Ute formation?  ;D

SRFL

Utah going with some Wildcat with a huge HB.  Michigan is in trouble in this one I think.

3kgthog

Couldn't happen to a better guy. Come on Utes.

The Hog

Automatic RUN!

Bomis Hawg

Nice 41 yard kick from the right hash by Sakoda.
15-10 Utah.

WindyCityHog

Utah is giving Michigan all it can handle....and more.

Is Utah that good or is Michigan just simply overrated and going through a rebuilding phase?

The Hog

Utah is the best of these two teams right now.  They are moving the ball but can't find the pay dirt.  If the stick a few in, Michigan will be hurting.
Automatic RUN!

The Hog

Automatic RUN!

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: WindyCityHog on August 30, 2008, 03:54:55 pm

Is Utah that good or is Michigan just simply overrated and going through a rebuilding phase?

Both.  Some think Utah is better than BYU.  And, BYU could just as easily be someone who could be a BCS-buster.  Michigan just isn't there yet with the talent and this offense.

Bomis Hawg

That was a nifty catch by Greg Matthews.

WindyCityHog

I'm very impressed by Utah.  Their spread offense is awfully hard to defend.

The Big 10 once again looks like Ohio State and the other 10.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: WindyCityHog on August 30, 2008, 04:00:09 pm

Probably.  I think Wisconsin will test the waters this year. 

WindyCityHog

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on August 30, 2008, 04:01:07 pm
Probably.  I think Wisconsin will test the waters this year. 

Like every year....I think Illinois has a shot.

The Mizzou-Illini game tonight should be a good one.

The Hog

Michigan looks as though they do not have a clue what they are doing. 

Pick by Utah.
Automatic RUN!

Bomis Hawg

I think I heard boo birds after that interception.

SquidBilly

Utah is for real this year.  If not for BYU getting all the pub as the BCS spoiler this year that label would have been firmly planted on Utah.  I don't think either team will lose a game until they meet in their annual rivalry game.

Bomis Hawg

Brian Johnson is a second year removed from a major injury.  He's looking sharp.

BYU plays Utah the last week of the season.  Utah has at Air Force and Oregon State at home.  BYU has Washington and UCLA the next two weeks.  It will be tough to sweep those two, plus playing at TCU.

It might be 10-1 BYU v. 11-0 Utah.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: WindyCityHog on August 30, 2008, 04:00:09 pm

Urban Meyer instituted a great system and philosophy there and Whittingham is doing a good job continuing it.  I would not want to be playing our first game against Utah either.

Also good to see Michigan getting handled by a non BCS school in the big house.  I wonder how RR will spin it if they lose.  Well last year we got beat by a 1-AA team.  So losing to MWC team and keeping it close is an improvement.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The Hog

Nice pass for a Utah TD.
Automatic RUN!

MS Razorback

That was a pretty pass to end the half

WindyCityHog

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: WindyCityHog on August 30, 2008, 03:54:55 pm

Michigan is overrated...like every year.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The Hog

Utah 22 Michigan 10  Halftime.
Automatic RUN!

The Hog

Wow!  Michigan starts the second half with a personal foul assessment.  They start in the hole.
Automatic RUN!

SquidBilly

Mallett has to be enjoying this, I mean seeing Rodriguez getting beat not watching his former teammates losing.  Rodriguez is a tool and deserves to get this loss hung on him.  I just hate it for the players up there.  They deserve better.

PositronHog

Quote from: Bogarto on August 30, 2008, 04:25:01 pm
Awesome. Down with Michigan.
Agreed, but then again if Michigan is no good then there is nobody left to beat Ohio St. and here we go again in the BCS National Championship Game?

agr347

Quote from: hogfanbryan on August 30, 2008, 04:35:15 pm
Agreed, but then again if Michigan is no good then there is nobody left to beat Ohio St. and here we go again in the BCS National Championship Game?

Exactly.  They will probably end up being there by default.
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: agr347 link=topic=239206.msg3594260#msg35USC94260 date=1220132288

Exactly.  They will probably end up being there by default.

USC will be a major road block...hopefully.  I think the NC game will consist of OU vs. the winner of that game.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

PositronHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 30, 2008, 04:41:55 pm
USC will be a major road block...hopefully.  I think the NC game will consist of OU vs. the winner of that game.

I hope not because OU has a fairly easy schedule this year. We need somebody in the NC game that has been tested so as to prevent the last 2 routes.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/okla-m-footbl-sched.html

drivetimeporks

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 30, 2008, 04:11:05 pm
Michigan is overrated...like every year.
hmm..not really.. they may lose today but year in and out , theyre pretty damn good.... citrus bowl 2000 anyone ?

SRFL

Meatchicken sucks!  LMAO!

Threet is in?  And Mallett wasn't a good fit?  Thank you thank you thank you Professor DickRod.

Bigfoot

I don't think Rich Rodriguez is in Kansas anymore, Toto!

BigSexyHog

I like Michigan and always have.  I would have bet the house that they would have won today.  Kinda shocked to be honest with ya.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

The Hog

Add 3 more for Utah.  25 - 10.  53 yards.
Automatic RUN!

Bigfoot

Wow! This is crazy!                                                                                                                                                 
I wonder who the West Virginia folks are pulling for in this one?  ;D

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogfanbryan on August 30, 2008, 04:49:00 pm
I hope not because OU has a fairly easy schedule this year. We need somebody in the NC game that has been tested so as to prevent the last 2 routes.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/okla-m-footbl-sched.html

Maybe so, but I'd rather see OU there than another overrated Little10 team.

PositronHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 30, 2008, 05:01:11 pm
Maybe so, but I'd rather see OU there than another overrated Little10 team.
Agreed

cdhogfan

Michigan deserves this.  How do you run a class act like Carr off for a guy like Rodriguez?

The Hog

25 - 10 4:00 left in the 3rd.
Automatic RUN!

Bigfoot

Quote from: cdhogfan on August 30, 2008, 05:03:33 pm
Michigan deserves this.  How do you run a class act like Carr off for a guy like Rodriguez?
Not sure why Carr got ran out of Michigan.
But this is what drove Rich Rodriguez out of West Virginia!  8)

Idahog

Utah is the perfect team to take down Michigan.  Hope they beat BYU also.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: Idahog on August 30, 2008, 05:11:35 pm
Utah is the perfect team to take down Michigan.  Hope they beat BYU also.

I'm with you on that one.  Utah is a damn good team.