Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what does sc get for running up the score

Started by drivetimeporks, August 28, 2008, 10:10:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

31to6

Quote from: Feralhog on August 29, 2008, 09:48:29 am
I thought it was pretty good when the UGA fans did the overrated chant in the Sugar Bowl.
No offense, but I thought it was cruel and tasteless. Every Hawaii fan and every Hawaii player had just been shown exactly why they did not belong in that game. They were just happy and proud to make the BCS game and were probably realistic about their actual chances of winning going into the game. They played clean and hard the entire game and didn't give up. I cheered for Georgia but it was kinda like cheering for the Death Star when it was blowing up planets.

The over-rated chant is best used when traditional powers get high rankings because of their by their reputation and their media fluffers. (Such as, tOSU last year, Notre Dame any year they manage to beat all the service academies, etc.) *Then* break out the overrated cheer all you want.

Feralhog

Quote from: wdremington on August 29, 2008, 04:44:06 pm
No offense, but I thought it was cruel and tasteless. Every Hawaii fan and every Hawaii player had just been shown exactly why they did not belong in that game. They were just happy and proud to make the BCS game and were probably realistic about their actual chances of winning going into the game. They played clean and hard the entire game and didn't give up. I cheered for Georgia but it was kinda like cheering for the Death Star when it was blowing up planets.

The over-rated chant is best used when traditional powers get high rankings because of their by their reputation and their media fluffers. (Such as, tOSU last year, Notre Dame any year they manage to beat all the service academies, etc.) *Then* break out the overrated cheer all you want.

The press are the ones pimping these mid majors landing BCS bowls.  It's BS.  I watched Hawaii play a couple of games last year and I thought the players acted like a bunch of thugs.  Doesn't seem right hating lower tier team, but I hope that get rolled every game they play.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Hawgin84

Quote from: Feralhog on August 29, 2008, 04:56:27 pm
The press are the ones pimping these mid majors landing BCS bowls.  It's BS.  I watched Hawaii play a couple of games last year and I thought the players acted like a bunch of thugs.  Doesn't seem right hating lower tier team, but I hope that get rolled every game they play.

I thought so too.

31to6

August 29, 2008, 05:07:22 pm #53 Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 07:08:45 pm by wdremington
Quote from: Feralhog on August 29, 2008, 04:56:27 pm
I did not watch them much. They played pretty clean in the Sugar Bowl so that is all I had to base it on. If they were thugs when they had the advantage well then screw them, I suppose.

I do think putting them in the BCS was crap, but that's not their fault. They can only play who they are scheduled to play and hope they get ranked as high as possible like everyone else. It was pretty sad watching the ESPN folks try to aggrandize their accomplishments by calling barely-bowl-eligible teams "solid competition".

I still don't like UGA fans being arrogant after they curb-stomped some little kids. The game was sad. Hawaii gave up size, speed and strength at every position. They had about five players that could hang in the SEC (which is about what you would expect).

Their program just evaporated anyway. Once-in-a-lifetime QB gone. Innovative coach gone. I suspect your wish will come true more often than not for some time to come.

hogfan064

Quote from: wdremington on August 29, 2008, 04:44:06 pm

Go and check out what Hawaii fans did to Fresno State fans.  I doubt you'll feel sorry for that Island of Thugs

crtHAWGS

Quote from: Feralhog on August 29, 2008, 12:41:22 pm
YOur wrong.  When a team starts taking more aggressive shots when the game is out of hand, that is running the score up.  I don't give a crap what anyone says, it's classless. 

It's like a team in basketball, winning by using a half court trap, all the sudden switching to a full course press  when the game is out of hand.  That's what Spurrier does.  He's a chicken crap.

i guess those who were on crappy sports teams gowing up have this mentality because those of us who were on the winning teams doing this?  i dunno.

where is this rule of you shouldnt keep playing hard because the other team has given up?  if thats what you want then complain to the college to throw in a "skunk" rule.  so that way after a team is getting wooped they can just call it over..

and when a team does get more agressive throwing long passes. INTERCEPT THEM....    im all for running up the score.  Every Team does it.  EVERY TEAM.  USC ie souther cal.  they do it to all there lower pac- brethren,  michigan does it,  ND used to do it when they could.

and No I'm not Wrong.  the matter is and forever will be a Opinion based subject so there is no wrong answer unfortunately.

but to get all bent out of shape because a Team cant even put up a fight is silly.    and with how long it took sc to get going vs NC state.  i wouldnt have been confident with any score.