Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what does sc get for running up the score

Started by drivetimeporks, August 28, 2008, 10:10:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

drivetimeporks

on this  half baked game?...  whats spurrier doing? i dont get it.. theyve played awful now theyre running it up ona crappy team...

drivetimeporks

well at  least the fans are chanting SEC lol

Michael Porkleone

They are giving their new starting QB more live experience...

and giving the fans something to watch. 

I'm loving the SEC chants. 
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Michael Porkleone

Anyone else have questions about USCs D? 

They looked very solid tonight. 
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Arazorbackguy1

Gaining confidence.   SC's offense looked very offensive tonight.  They need all the practice they can get.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Hawgin84

Spurrier just found his starting QB. He had to get his offense going. NC State's job is to stop them.

Table Rocker

i'm starting to see why other conferences hate us so much. literally every SEC school that beats another BCS conference team does the chant at the end.

BigSexyHog

I agree, the D has looked solid, but NC State has made them look like national champs.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Lard

They have the right to work their offense and make sure they can get the kinks worked out.  NC State should try to stop it if they don't like it.  You don't take a knee and pack it in during your first game of the year.....you got to get some quality time in.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: Table Rocker on August 28, 2008, 10:14:23 pm
i'm starting to see why other conferences hate us so much. literally every SEC school that beats another BCS conference team does the chant at the end.

At least only one school sings Rocky Top.   That would suck if all 12 schools sang that song.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Buff

what do you expect SC to do when the other team cant stop their running back?  take 3 knees and punt every time?

Hogbody

Other big conferences just wouldnt be as catchy.

Imagine it "Pac-10! Pac-10"

Really the only other BCS conference that would work is ACC

Choctaw Hog

August 28, 2008, 10:31:32 pm #12 Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 08:56:38 am by Choctaw Hog
Quote from: drivetimeporks on August 28, 2008, 10:10:35 pm
on this  half baked game?...  whats spurrier doing? i dont get it.. theyve played awful now theyre running it up ona crappy team...

It's call executing your offense.  You take what the defense gives you no matter what the score.

Choctaw Hog

And you don't think Wake Forest fans will be chanting ACC, ACC, ACC, if they beat Ole Miss?

Hogbody

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on August 28, 2008, 10:33:38 pm
And you don't think Wake Forest fans will be chanting ACC, ACC, ACC, if they beat Ole Miss?

Heck even i might be... :)

Feralhog

Spurrier will run the score up whenever he can.  He's just not had any chances at S. Carol
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

tahlahog

Wish we would have tried to get USC's deffensive cordinator.

East Clintwood

Quote from: tahlahog on August 28, 2008, 10:48:55 pm
Wish we would have tried to get USC's deffensive cordinator.

We did.  We had him for two weeks.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

pigture perfect

Every conference member except LSU does I think. LSU Simply chants LSU-LSU-LSU. That's the tigers version of the Hog call. ALmost as bad as listening to Rocky Top.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

eddyhog

I will for sure.

hogsndawgs

Seriously? They need gametime practice to get ready for the conference season.

Nashville Fan

Steve Spurrier is the betting mans friend. He will always cover the spread or die trying.
Pittman or Bust!

scarolinahog

YOU MEAN WHEN THEY BEAT OLE PISS

I POST IN CAPS CAUSE I LOVE THE JOKES!

SquidBilly

When did it become the offenses job not to embarass the defense.  Heck if I was coaching and I could score 120 I would.  It might be different if SC was playing a 1AA team but they weren't.  NC State should be able to take care of themselves and if they can't that is their fault.  The good thing for NC State fans is since they did get blown out it may hasten the removal of O'Brien as coach.  If Spurrier had allowed it to be close then O'Brien would have gotten credit for "hanging in there" with an SEC team.

HotlantaHog

Arkansas will do the same Saturday with good reason. You need to give the players some real experience on the field executing the offense. It is not about runnning up the score, at least during the first game of the year. If it were the final game, that would be just Spurrier.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: HotlantaHog on August 29, 2008, 08:03:18 am
Arkansas will do the same Saturday with good reason. You need to give the players some real experience on the field executing the offense. It is not about runnning up the score, at least during the first game of the year. If it were the final game, that would be just Spurrier.

This day in college football you have to run up the score to impress voters and bowl committee members.

HoopS

They are far from a finished product.  I don't have a problem working on throwing some.  Their starting QB threw 3 picks right off the bat.  Obviously they have work to do if they want to compete in this conference. 

pitbull1

What do you think CBP will do if he gets the chance? You just don't set back and take a knee or just try and maintain a lead and just win.  Isn't that what made everyone mad about the dork??

Choctaw Hog

WarEagle

Quote from: pigture perfect on August 28, 2008, 10:58:19 pm
Every conference member except LSU does I think. LSU Simply chants LSU-LSU-LSU. That's the tigers version of the Hog call. ALmost as bad as listening to Rocky Top.

Did you see/hear the MNC game last year?  LSU fans were chanting SEC through the whole fourth quarter.  You could hear it really clearly.  Even the commentators said something about it.
I have descended into college football's Grand Canyon.  I have stood in its Alps.  I have gazed at its ocean sunset.  I have attended a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama and I've been changed forever. ~ Bud Poliquin

DeltaBoy

Quote from: WarEagle on August 29, 2008, 09:01:42 am
Did you see/hear the MNC game last year?  LSU fans were chanting SEC through the whole fourth quarter.  You could hear it really clearly.  Even the commentators said something about it.

Yep and I was cheering SEC at home myself. Lord I hate the Big 10 and The ohio state university .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Feralhog

Quote from: WarEagle on August 29, 2008, 09:01:42 am

I thought it was pretty good when the UGA fans did the overrated chant in the Sugar Bowl.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

malibu327

i loved it. and also when lsu was chanting sec when they beat ohio state.
and i agree with some of you, i dont think spurrier was running up the score. i mean, he did have the backup qb in. although he will prolly be starting next week. dont they play georgia next, they need all the practice they can get if so.

Quote from: Feralhog on August 29, 2008, 09:48:29 am
I thought it was pretty good when the UGA fans did the overrated chant in the Sugar Bowl.

oldfart

most of the posters on here have been stating that they want petrino to pour on the points, so whats the big deal? yes, its one thing to keep in your starters the whole game but when you have reserves in they need the chance to develop also.  and its also a difference in the last minute or so when you try to score again versus running out the clock on a soundly defeated opponent. you cant just start in the third quarter taking a knee and punting.  in todays football anything can happen so you keep the pressure on till the last.

Feralhog

August 29, 2008, 10:03:28 am #34 Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:05:28 am by Feralhog
Quote from: malibu327 on August 29, 2008, 09:56:23 am
i loved it. and also when lsu was chanting sec when they beat ohio state.
and i agree with some of you, i dont think spurrier was running up the score. i mean, he did have the backup qb in. although he will prolly be starting next week. dont they play georgia next, they need all the practice they can get if so.

That might have been why he did it last night, but it doesn't take away from the fact that he'll damn sure run up the score every chance he gets.

I'm as conservative as the next guy and I don't believe in this modern day, mercy clock - stop keeping score when a team gets up too much, but when a team is up by 30 with under 8 min. in the 4th, the only time they should pass is to keep the chains moving.  Spurrier actually goes deep more often when the games out of reach.  He's a frieken pr***. 

wholehog92

That's what the first game of the year is for.  Gaining confidence and running your offense to get the kinks out and oh yeah win it.  You lose 2/3 of your goal by taking a knee the 4th quarter.  We will be doing the same thing on Sat.  USCs D looked very good.  If their offense looks like it did in the second half the rest of the year, they will be a force to be reckoned with.  I don't think they will push SEC Dlines around like that on runs, but that passing attack looked good when on track.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

jgphillips3

Quote from: malibu327 on August 29, 2008, 09:56:23 am
i loved it...when lsu was chanting sec when they beat ohio state.

That was almost my favorite part of that game.  They pan to the LSU team, not fans, team and they are all chanting SEC.  That is why we are the best conference. 

Hogbody

Quote from: oldfart on August 29, 2008, 10:01:18 am
most of the posters on here have been stating that they want petrino to pour on the points, so whats the big deal? yes, its one thing to keep in your starters the whole game but when you have reserves in they need the chance to develop also.  and its also a difference in the last minute or so when you try to score again versus running out the clock on a soundly defeated opponent. you cant just start in the third quarter taking a knee and punting.  in todays football anything can happen so you keep the pressure on till the last.

I do want us to pour it on through the first 3 1/2 quarters to get some experience in.

Then, if we are up by a lot, just run out the clock.

malibu327

i agree with you here. there gets to a point in the game where its out of reach and it seems like the defense gives up, and spurrier will still keep going. thats where i agree with you. and its wrong. i dont mind him doing it in this first game due to the fact his offense sucked the entire first half, sucked bad, 3 ints, couldnt move the ball AT ALL, so he does deserve a break this game. but after that, its not cool. i'm actually gonna admit this, i dont care if the sec runs up the score on other conferences, but dont like them to do it to their own. thats bad too.

Quote from: Feralhog on August 29, 2008, 10:03:28 am
That might have been why he did it last night, but it doesn't take away from the fact that he'll damn sure run up the score every chance he gets.

Feralhog

Quote from: malibu327 on August 29, 2008, 11:45:40 am
i agree with you here. there gets to a point in the game where its out of reach and it seems like the defense gives up, and spurrier will still keep going......

Not only does he keep it going, he steps on the gas.  The friker will take more shots deep when the game is socked away. 

Pigdiana Jones

Running the score up? what was it like 34-0?

WTH? That isn't running up the score.... Running up the score would be like 80-0.

Come on, get real.

Besides who cares what the score is, if you can score that high, go ahead.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

crtHAWGS

Quote from: Michael Porkleone on August 28, 2008, 10:12:42 pm
Anyone else have questions about USCs D? 

They looked very solid tonight. 

i agree there D-line  was wicked.  atleast vs the easy team.

and to those saying why was he running up the score.  dont even go there.  we did that every year we played sunbelt teams ect.  oklahoma did it last year throwing down that 70 whatever score game.  there is no such thing as running up the score.

just another team giving up is all.

Feralhog

Quote from: salebow on August 29, 2008, 12:22:18 pm

WTH? That isn't running up the score.... Running up the score would be like 80-0.

Come on, get real.

I don't think he ran the score up last night.  But any time the pr### given a chance, he will.

Feralhog

Quote from: salebow on August 29, 2008, 12:22:18 pm

Come on, get real.

BS

A team flinging the ball when the game is totally out of reach, is classless dude.

Feralhog

August 29, 2008, 12:41:22 pm #44 Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 12:49:47 pm by Feralhog
Quote from: crtHAWGS on August 29, 2008, 12:27:01 pm
i agree there D-line  was wicked.  atleast vs the easy team.

and to those saying why was he running up the score.  dont even go there.  we did that every year we played sunbelt teams ect.  oklahoma did it last year throwing down that 70 whatever score game.  there is no such thing as running up the score.

just another team giving up is all.

YOur wrong.  When a team starts taking more aggressive shots when the game is out of hand, that is running the score up.  I don't give a crap what anyone says, it's classless. 

It's like a team in basketball, winning by using a half court trap, all the sudden switching to a full course press  when the game is out of hand.  That's what Spurrier does.  He's a chicken crap.

want2be

Quote from: Feralhog on August 29, 2008, 12:41:22 pm
YOur wrong.  When a team starts taking more aggressive shots when the game is out of hand, that is running the score up.  I don't give a crap what anyone says, it's classless. 

It's like a team in basketball, winning by using a half court trap, all the sudden switching to a full course press  when the game is out of hand.  That's what Spurrier does.  He's a chicken crap.

I am a Florda grad ( also went two yrs to ARK ) and I never could stand Superior.....The ONLY thing you used to count on from him was that he made sure he covered the point spread....The spread last night was only 12, so he showed his Arsh as usual.

Feralhog

Quote from: want2be on August 29, 2008, 12:53:12 pm

I am a Florda grad ( also went two yrs to ARK ) and I never could stand Superior.....The ONLY thing you used to count on from him was that he made sure he covered the point spread....The spread last night was only 12, so he showed his Arsh as usual.

Last night, wasn't running it up imo.  I think his starting QB throwing 4 oskies, he has to work the kinks with the backup.  Now, had they had a first half like the second, the friker would've came out in the second running reverses, throwing bombs, all kinds of stuff.

The Pulse

I was a little surprised that Smelley didn't get to play until he did. I was wanting him to come in after the second series, let alone after the 4th pick by Beacher. I just felt that Beacher can practice good, but can't bring it to the game. Smelley is a much better game time player.

It might have been running up the score, but not too bad. If NC St. could have put any points at all on the board the score wouldn't have looked so bad.

Teebow62

Anyone that thinks that was running up the score doesn't know much about football. Come on guys! Geesh!

MrsHogInMo

They did not play that great the first half of the game.  I even thought they looked slow.  I think SC was just relieved to finally start scoring some TD's in the second half.  Who would want to quit?