Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is your lock to cover the spread?

Started by hogfan54, August 26, 2008, 03:45:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bama Hog™

What about Kansas against the worst team on earth? Any takers on that game?
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

OnYourToes

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 27, 2008, 11:31:29 am
Temple was much improved last year.  I think they're on their way up.  I'd take Temple -7 or lay off completely.

You can never tell how a wishbone team is going to do.  I have had 10+ years viewing that type of offense and I can't say for sure how Army is going to do.  I stay away from them, unless I could parlay them when they play a big time program.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

OnYourToes

Quote from: want2be on August 27, 2008, 11:29:13 am

I haven't studied Tenn and UCLA this year ? Is UCLA down enough to give up more than a touchdown at HOME ?  

UCLA is down, their top 2 QBs injured early in the preseason.
New coach and scheme on a fairly young team, sounds like us I know but Neuheusial (sp?) can't hold Coach Petrino's jock. 
TN is solid and getting UCLA early is going to benifit them.  I know it's in Cali but I can't think Philly Boy would not have his team prepared for a big game.
Home field usually accounts for 3 points in the spread, there is only 4.5 more points to get.  TN can put points on the board in a hurry. 

That's just MHO.
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

machurtado

My lock of the week is Cal at -5. Then i have tenn - 7.5 michigan -3.5, tenn -7.5, utep +3,  and maybe VT at -9.5

hogfan7583

check out the virginia tech game easy money on VT

Hogginitall

Quote from: OnYourToes on August 27, 2008, 12:05:49 pm
You can never tell how a wishbone team is going to do.  I have had 10+ years viewing that type of offense and I can't say for sure how Army is going to do.  I stay away from them, unless I could parlay them when they play a big time program.

I think Temple will beat them by 2 TDs+.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: OnYourToes on August 27, 2008, 10:21:15 am
Thanks I posted that then did a google seach and got a few thousand sites pertaining to the speads for this week's games.
Sorry.

lmao...no problem man
Let's make some waves.

Suidae

OnYourToes

Quote from: Suidae on August 27, 2008, 01:23:18 pm
Ole Miss should clobber Memphis

We all know how the Dork is against the spread but 7.5 isn't enough for me to take Memphis so if I were to put money on it it would be Piss, but I stopped putting my money where my Nutt is a long time ago.

You sir are a genius!

Eggcellent

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 26, 2008, 03:50:13 pm

Texas -24.  They always kill the creampuffs.

Didn't Arkansas State play them close last year? 21-13

If I remember right didn't the Indians have more yards than the Horns. 

Any Sun Belt team should be a cream puff to a BCS school.

Hawgboy64

UL -3.5 over Kentucky      Kentucky loses to much to the NFL
Nebraska -14 over Western Michigan     Bo will run up the score to make a statement
Miss. State -8 over LA Tech.     Croom has his best team yet
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

Hogginitall

Quote from: Eggcellent on August 27, 2008, 01:32:02 pm
Didn't Arkansas State play them close last year? 21-13

If I remember right didn't the Indians have more yards than the Horns. 

Any Sun Belt team should be a cream puff to a BCS school.

Yes, in one (or two, if you count UCF from last year too) of 2,489,399 "creampuff" games the Longhorns have played in, they have not completely demolished their competition.  I understand that.  Ok???  Like I told the other guy, try giving some of your picks instead of critiquing mine.  Thanks.

solix

going back over the lists:  wisconsin under (53) vs. akron  i see wis. scoring a lot not akron
                                    auburn under (48) vs. ULM  still no qb named.  auburn wins but i don't see it being over 26 so under

want2be

Quote from: solix on August 27, 2008, 02:18:58 pm
going back over the lists:  wisconsin under (53) vs. akron  i see wis. scoring a lot not akron
                                    auburn under (48) vs. ULM  still no qb named.  auburn wins but i don't see it being over 26 so under

Auburn going to play the QB's 50-50% and they are going to run alot of plays and should score alot.  Does ULM run a spread offense ?

Feralhog

Don't everybody flood my email all at once.  One Big Group thank you will do.

Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Hogginitall

Couple of stats I found interesting:

The Big 12 has lost its last seven games that it has traveled two or more time zones.

Over the last six seasons, the Big 12 is 1-10 when traveling two or more time zones for a regular season game.

Washington State is +7 vs. Oklahoma State.

Also, I kind of like Fresno State +5.5.  I think they might win outright.

I also like Wyoming -11 hosting Ohio.  Wyoming is 13-1 in home openers and 5-0 under the current coach.

wonz11

Gotta be Florida.  Hawaii lost EVERYTHING off that team.  Florida has the best offense in CFB this year IMO, and much much better defense.  I expect them to win by 50 or more. 

Feralhog

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 27, 2008, 06:34:53 pm
Couple of stats I found interesting:

The Big 12 has lost its last seven games that it has traveled two or more time zones.

Over the last six seasons, the Big 12 is 1-10 when traveling two or more time zones for a regular season game.

Washington State is +7 vs. Oklahoma State.

Also, I kind of like Fresno State +5.5.  I think they might win outright.

I also like Wyoming -11 hosting Ohio.  Wyoming is 13-1 in home openers and 5-0 under the current coach.

Hey, you gonna use that system you tried last year.  Was that you?
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Hogginitall

Quote from: Feralhog on August 27, 2008, 06:54:25 pm

Not sure what you are referring to.  Maybe it wasn't me?  Not sure.  I'm always tinkering with things like that.

The Hog

Quote from: wonz11 on August 27, 2008, 06:52:30 pm
Gotta be Florida.  Hawaii lost EVERYTHING off that team.  Florida has the best offense in CFB this year IMO, and much much better defense.  I expect them to win by 50 or more. 
At least one of their weapons may be out for two or three games.  Percy Harvin has a heel problem.  Should not impact the margin of victory.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/

Automatic RUN!

Hogginitall

I really like taking small home underdogs (the smaller, the better).

Hogginitall

Quote from: Feralhog on August 27, 2008, 06:54:25 pm

Saw a system about Sunday games.  Take Louisville -3.5.  Teams playing a regular season game on a Sunday, against a team that they beat in the most recent meeting between the two teams, are something like 2-19 ATS. 

Hogginitall

Oh, and Nebraska -14.  Their problem last year was defense, not offense.  WMU might score some points, but I think Nebraska will score enough on offense to make it not matter.  Pelini will make them a little bit better defensively.

MuskogeeHogFan

Good call. Florida more than covers.
Go Hogs Go!

Bama Hog™

I need a lock 4 teamer parlay. Anyone got any suggestions for a lock? I need beer money.
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

hogfan54

I would add South Carolina to the list of locks.  Both teams are unproven at qb, but Wed. NC State's starting running back went down with an injury and will not play.  SC returns 10 starters on defense including Jasper Brinkley and Captain Munnerlain(sp?).  Should be a one sided game.

OnYourToes

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on August 28, 2008, 10:37:05 am
I need a lock 4 teamer parlay. Anyone got any suggestions for a lock? I need beer money.

Wake (-12.5) over Baylor
Game at 6pm tonight on ESPN

You sir are a genius!

Hogginitall

How about 3?

Suggestions:

1st Tier: 

Buffalo -3
South Carolina/NC St. Under 45.5
Louisville -3.5
Wyoming -11
Wake/Baylor U51

2nd Tier:

Washington St +7.5
Fresno State +5.5
Nebraska -14
Oregon -13.5

Good luck!

Eggcellent

August 28, 2008, 10:57:10 am #78 Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 11:55:53 am by Eggcellent
Clemson -4 1/2  Over Alabama
K State -24 1/2 over No. Texas
Wake -12 1/2 over baylor

Hogginitall

Quote from: Eggcellent on August 28, 2008, 10:57:10 am
Clemson +4 1/2  Over Alabama
K State +24 1/2 over No. Texas
Wake +12 1/2 over baylor

Dude....

OnYourToes

Quote from: Eggcellent on August 28, 2008, 10:57:10 am
Clemson +4 1/2  Over Alabama
K State +24 1/2 over No. Texas
Wake +12 1/2 over baylor

Umm. . .
I think you meant - when you typed +

You sir are a genius!

GuvHog

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 28, 2008, 07:28:59 am
Saw a system about Sunday games.  Take Louisville -3.5.  Teams playing a regular season game on a Sunday, against a team that they beat in the most recent meeting between the two teams, are something like 2-19 ATS. 

Louisville had EVERYBODY coming back last year and they tanked it from day one. That Louisville HC
would have to show me something before I'd take Louisville in this one. KENTUCKY straight up! I'll also take BAMA to win.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

SPAL

absolutely....bet the farm on this game. Anytime you have a new coach installing a new offense against a proven coach with a proven offense you have to give the edge to that team. but with that team being florida, the best offensive skill players in the country perhaps, with a coach who will nto take his foot off of the gas for style points, you get a blow out of greater than 35. There is no way Hawaii stays within 35. Bet the house.

SPAL

oh and never EVER play rival games. Stay away from UK vs Louisville. No matter what it looks liek on paper, stay away from rival games, especially in state rivals.

Hogginitall

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 28, 2008, 11:09:04 am

Louisville had EVERYBODY coming back last year and they tanked it from day one. That Louisville HC
would have to show me something before I'd take Louisville in this one. KENTUCKY straight up! I'll also take BAMA to win.

I know all I need to know.  Woodson is gone from Kentucky, the game is in Louisville, the game is on a Sunday, and Kentucky won last year.  Take Louisville to cover.

psychejelly

Has anyone played with http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=214878?
I just started yesterday.  You don't give them any money, but if you can work it out, you can cash out.  It's pretty sweet.

Anyway...
SEC>MAC = Vandy>anybody out of the MAC

Eggcellent

Quote from: OnYourToes on August 28, 2008, 11:05:53 am
Umm. . .
I think you meant - when you typed +

Thanks for noticing I fixed it.

want2be

PARLAY

WAKE + 12.5 (TONIGHT)
                                             TENN  -7.5
                                         WYOM'G  -11
                                         MISS ST  +8.5

Hogginitall

Quote from: want2be on August 28, 2008, 01:20:05 pm

PARLAY

WAKE + 12.5 (TONIGHT)
                                             TENN  -7.5
                                         WYOM'G  -11
                                         MISS ST  +8.5

That would be Wake -12.5 and Miss St. -8.5.  Thanks.

OnYourToes

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 28, 2008, 02:00:01 pm
That would be Wake -12.5 and Miss St. -8.5.  Thanks.

Hoggin, I think we need to have a explaination of how to view/type the spreads and why they are they way they are.

You sir are a genius!

Bama Hog™

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 28, 2008, 10:46:13 am
How about 3?

Suggestions:

1st Tier: 

Buffalo -3
Louisville -3.5
Wyoming -11
Wake/Baylor U51

2nd Tier:

Washington St +7.5
Fresno State +5.5
Nebraska -14
Oregon -13.5

Good luck!

Bet them both. Thanks. I like em.

want2be

Quote from: OnYourToes on August 28, 2008, 02:28:52 pm
Hoggin, I think we need to have a explaination of how to view/type the spreads and why they are they way they are.

I knew what they were, but I was talking on the phone while typing....mistake

Hogginitall

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on August 28, 2008, 02:32:52 pm
Bet them both. Thanks. I like em.

Wait, how did you bet them?  I was saying Tier I consisted of better bets than Tier II.  Did you understand that?  I hope so.  If not, sorry.  They still could work out for you, especially the Tier I parlay.

HotlantaHog

Want some smaller-but-interesting games?

GoldSheet says take Middle Tennessee vs Troy
(Troy favored by 6.5-7) MTSU out for revenge; Troy lost a key coordinator to Auburn.

And take Army as a 7-point underdog vs. Temple. Temple is 2-29 in the last 31 road games.

Hogginitall

Quote from: HotlantaHog on August 28, 2008, 03:35:47 pm
Want some smaller-but-interesting games?

GoldSheet says take Middle Tennessee vs Troy
(Troy favored by 6.5-7) MTSU out for revenge; Troy lost a key coordinator to Auburn.

And take Army as a 7-point underdog vs. Temple. Temple is 2-29 in the last 31 road games.

Temple is a different team than they've been over those last 31 road games.  I think they cover the 7.

I like the under in the MTSU/Troy game.  I think the number is way too high.

Bama Hog™

August 28, 2008, 03:58:04 pm #95 Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:59:43 pm by Bama Hog™
Parlay #1:
Buffalo -3
Louisville -3.5
Wyoming -11

Parlay #2:
Washington St +7.5
Fresno State +5.5
Nebraska -14  actually I put Florida in this spot
Oregon -13.5

Plus, it is not really money, it is in a betting pool.

Hogginitall

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on August 28, 2008, 03:58:04 pm
Parlay #1:
Buffalo -3
Louisville -3.5
Wyoming -11

Parlay #2:
Washington St +7.5
Fresno State +5.5
Nebraska -14  actually I put Florida in this spot
Oregon -13.5

Plus, it is not really money, it is in a betting pool.

Ok.  Sounds good.  Good luck.

Bama Hog™

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 28, 2008, 04:35:40 pm
Ok.  Sounds good.  Good luck.

+1 ... It is almost time. We are like kids at Christmas here in my office. Everyone worthless today. Just talking football and bets.

want2be

I couln't find one post on here that predicts Ol Miss will cover their -7 against Memphis.......but I think that would be a good bet.

OnYourToes

Quote from: want2be on August 28, 2008, 06:06:48 pm
I couln't find one post on here that predicts Ol Miss will cover their -7 against Memphis.......but I think that would be a good bet.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=238506.msg3585419#msg3585419

That's all I could find.

You sir are a genius!