Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is your lock to cover the spread?

Started by hogfan54, August 26, 2008, 03:45:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogginitall

Well, how'd we do?

Was 4-1, missing the Oregon St. game. 

Bama Hog™

Oregon St. blew it for me. Got several still alive going into the weekend.
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

Hogginitall

OnYourToes

I just took Wake, no parlay, too early in the season for me.

Played a safe but profitable bet on Wake Forest and they didn't let me down.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

want2be

I took Wake, SC, and Vandy on a parlay and they came thru

Hogginitall

Now, tonight?

Temple -7
Rice -3.5

What do y'all think?

hogfan54

Rice. Should be a solid team this year.

OnYourToes

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 29, 2008, 08:48:46 am
Now, tonight?

Temple -7
Rice -3.5

What do y'all think?

I like Temple but not enough to lay some money down.  You never can tell about a wishbone offense in Army.  That style has burned me before here at Arkansas.
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Hogginitall

The only thing I don't like is that this game is at West Point.  If this game was at Temple, I think they would beat them by 14+.  Since it is at West Point, I'm a little tentative.

OnYourToes

A little tentative = not touching it, for me at least

You sir are a genius!

Bama Hog™

Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

hogfan54

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 29, 2008, 10:36:18 am
The only thing I don't like is that this game is at West Point.  If this game was at Temple, I think they would beat them by 14+.  Since it is at West Point, I'm a little tentative.

Temple is returning its ENTIRE offense from last year.  Granted that offense was terrible, but they have another year under their belt.  Given their opponent I will take my chances with a win bet on Temple and a parlay with Temple and Rice.  Last night was good for me as I had a clean sweep(SC, Vandy, WF). Hope the luck continues.

Wayne Watson

Hoffanintx says SMU-Rice.............-70
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

SPAL

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 29, 2008, 08:48:46 am
Now, tonight?

Temple -7
Rice -3.5

What do y'all think?

You playing those in a parlay?

I think those are great picks....both will hit with ease.

I went 2-0 last night with Vandy  and Wake to cover.

SPAL

Quote from: hogfan54 on August 29, 2008, 05:20:09 pm
Temple is returning its ENTIRE offense from last year.  Granted that offense was terrible, but they have another year under their belt.  Given their opponent I will take my chances with a win bet on Temple and a parlay with Temple and Rice.  Last night was good for me as I had a clean sweep(SC, Vandy, WF). Hope the luck continues.

they also return the entire starting defense that led the conference in total D a year ago...( at least i think it was total D)

OnYourToes

Rice has just scored 21 points in under 5 mins.  I think that bet is safe.

You sir are a genius!

hogfan54

Another sweep.  I love college football.

dahogs23

SPAL

I also swept last night goin 3-0. Rice and temple both covered with ease and the broncos +3 won SU against the Cardinals. Off to a 5-0 start.

Today i really like Florida -35 and Ark state +19 at TAMU.

SPAL

August 30, 2008, 08:13:42 am #119 Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 08:26:51 am by sir-pigs-a-lot
ok, ive decided on my plays for today.

5* play is Florida -35 (bodog) vs Hawaii
4* PLay is UNLV -12.5(bodog) vs Utah State

edit: the line on florida has moved to 35.5 since i typed this. Other services may have this line a little lower. I saw Pinnacle had it at 34.5 and Opening had it at 34. What do you guys see it at?

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

as much as I hate ole piss.  they should be a lock........I like Nebraska minus the points as well..

By the way.  Va Tech just proved they are overrated....garbage is what they looked like..
Let's make some waves.

The Hog

Quote from: hogfanintx on August 30, 2008, 02:09:43 pm
as much as I hate ole piss.  they should be a lock........I like Nebraska minus the points as well..

By the way.  Va Tech just proved they are overrated....garbage is what they looked like..
Va Tech may be overrated but ECU is not a wimp by any means.  They will be competitive as long as they stay healthy.
Automatic RUN!

HOW ABOUT THOSE UTES WITH THE OUTRIGHT WIN....WAS THE LOCK OF THE WEEK.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: rzrbacknTX on August 26, 2008, 05:17:40 pm
Watch everyone play Utah and the line will drop to MICH -2.5.  Pund MICH at that point. Close game. but MICH wins by 3+ easy.

oh really???   lol
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Feralhog on August 27, 2008, 05:38:45 pm
Don't everybody flood my email all at once.  One Big Group thank you will do.

not certain what the point of all that was....kept waiting on her shirt to come off.......but no nothing
Let's make some waves.

Eggcellent

Quote from: Eggcellent on August 28, 2008, 10:57:10 am
Clemson -4 1/2  Over Alabama
K State -24 1/2 over No. Texas
Wake -12 1/2 over baylor

2 out of 3 ain't bad....

I was totally impressed by Alabama,   I believed the hype on Clemson.... so much for that.

Quote from: Eggcellent on September 01, 2008, 09:47:48 am
2 out of 3 ain't bad....

I was totally impressed by Alabama,   I believed the hype on Clemson.... so much for that.

it happens but yeah hit two out over three all the time and you can make a bit of cash...

Utah
Bama
Nebraska

were my major plays this week.   Had KY and Colorado last night

Gonna take fresno +4 today
Tenn - whatever it is tonight.
Let's make some waves.

The Hog

You talk about blowing it.  I thought Clemson would make a better showing but now I truly believe the ACC is the worst conference of what folks would consider the major conferences.

I remember Momma Bowden stating her thoughts on Terry getting a head coaching job before older Tommy.  Looks like we know why Terry was hire first.  He appears to be the better of the two.  Tommy has a lot of talent but as you see talent alone will not win.
Automatic RUN!

Hogginitall

Quote from: Table Rocker on August 26, 2008, 04:00:52 pm
lets see:
arkansas st. only lost by 8 in austin last year
UCF only lost by 3 in orlando last year

and from what i've read florida atlantic has a solid QB that could cause problems for UT's secondary.

Just wanted to say that I was right.  Thanks.  :)

Same with Oregon against Locker and UW.

Table Rocker

Quote from: Hogginitall on September 03, 2008, 01:37:18 pm
Just wanted to say that I was right.  Thanks.  :)

Same with Oregon against Locker and UW.

my point was to take ark. st in college station :)

good for you, i had a sh!tty opening weekend.

Hogginitall

Quote from: Table Rocker on September 03, 2008, 01:39:14 pm
my point was to take ark. st in college station :)

good for you, i had a crapty opening weekend.

Ha!  You're so smart!

I had a decent weekend.  I need to do better this week, though.