Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is your lock to cover the spread?

Started by hogfan54, August 26, 2008, 03:45:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan54

Clemson.....too many weapons and high expectations for Bowden and Co. after offseason raise.

Hogginitall

August 26, 2008, 03:50:13 pm #1 Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 03:54:13 pm by Hogginitall
Oregon -13.5.  Washington sucks.  Oregon is loaded and flying under the radar.

Oregon State -3.  They've won 6 out of their last 7 against Stanford.

Vandy +4 against Miami (OH).  SEC vs. MAC.  They better win!

UAB +14.  I think they'll cover against a Paul Smith-less Tulsa squad.

Texas -24.  They always kill the creampuffs.

Best is Oregon, in my opinion.

hogfan54

I was looking at that game but then Oregon's qb went down, but they say the backup is solid.  I may still fire at it.

Table Rocker

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 26, 2008, 03:50:13 pm
Oregon, Washington sucks.  Oregon is loaded and flying under the radar.

i'd be careful betting against locker. he can keep UW in the game by himself.

Gas Can

hogfan54

I also think that Florida can cover with ease.

HotlantaHog

Take NC State to beat the 13.5 point spread vs. South Carolina. State has some talent and the game should be close. South Carolina has a lot of players back from a team that underperformed last year. If SC gets a lead, they are likely to sit on it and pull out the stops vs. UGA, not NC State.

Hogginitall

Quote from: Table Rocker on August 26, 2008, 03:53:05 pm
i'd be careful betting against locker. he can keep UW in the game by himself.

I still think they cover, but you might be right.  Could be not as safe as a few other picks.

Table Rocker

lets see:
arkansas st. only lost by 8 in austin last year
UCF only lost by 3 in orlando last year

and from what i've read florida atlantic has a solid QB that could cause problems for UT's secondary.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Utah plus the 4 against MIchigan...I think the Utes win outright
Let's make some waves.

hogfan54

Quote from: Table Rocker on August 26, 2008, 04:00:52 pm
lets see:
arkansas st. only lost by 8 in austin last year
UCF only lost by 3 in orlando last year

and from what i've read florida atlantic has a solid QB that could cause problems for UT's secondary.

They were good for me last year and return 17 starters I believe.  That spread is oh so tempting.

Tai_Mai_Shu

Quote from: Gas Can on August 26, 2008, 03:55:49 pm
What's the spread on our game?

VEGAS has us as 30 1/2.  They must know something.  I'll take the Hogs to cover.

BA Hogwild

John Holmes did pretty well covering the spread...OOPs. Sorry Oregon -13.5
The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

HotlantaHog

I think FAU could give Texas a game. It might be a blowout, but I have a feeling it could be closer than expected.

Hogginitall

table-feel free to give some of your own picks, rather than just commenting on mine.

tiber

UCLA is still looking for a healthy guy that can take a snap, so UT looks pretty good.

hogfan54

Quote from: tiber on August 26, 2008, 04:12:06 pm
UCLA is still looking for a healthy guy that can take a snap, so UT looks pretty good.

Agreed.

Tai_Mai_Shu

Southern Cal at 14 1/2 over Kent St.  Now that's a lock!

yraciv

Quote from: taydbear7 on August 26, 2008, 04:49:01 pm

Southern Cal plays Virginia, but nice try.

hogfan54

Quote from: taydbear7 on August 26, 2008, 04:49:01 pm

USC has Virginia this weekend at -20....I wish that they played kent st at that line.

rzrbacknTX

Watch everyone play Utah and the line will drop to MICH -2.5.  Pund MICH at that point. Close game. but MICH wins by 3+ easy.

So far my for sure plays are the Utah plus the points against Michigan..

Will probably take Bama plus the points.  I actually think will win it outright.

Nebraska -14 against w. mich
Let's make some waves.

Hogginitall

Quote from: rzrbacknTX on August 26, 2008, 05:17:40 pm
Watch everyone play Utah and the line will drop to MICH -2.5.  Pund MICH at that point. Close game. but MICH wins by 3+ easy.

I like Michigan at -4.

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 26, 2008, 05:33:13 pm
I like Michigan at -4.

You could very well be correct...They may steam roll utah....but gonna stick with the utes
Let's make some waves.

Hogwildandwired

Watch out for the oregon game, Locker and Reinker very dangerous combo
ALL RED IS RAZORBACK RED

OnYourToes

Where does everyone get there lines?

Based on all the above, Ill take;
Utah and the points

I'm not so sure on the FL game, Harvin looks to be out for the game.  Fl will still win but it's too close to take the spread.

I'll go ahead and take Bama and the points, Clemson seems to never show up to big games.

I'll take Virginia and the points against a Southern Cal team early in the season.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Hogwildandwired

ALL RED IS RAZORBACK RED

bobbybouchet

I'll throw an off the wall game at you...UTEP at Buffalo.  -3.  I think UTEP will beat them by 14 outright.

The Hog

Quote from: tiber on August 26, 2008, 04:12:06 pm
I watched the UCLA show this afternoon and they sound like their offensive line is really young and lack experience.  Their starting QB is out.  The analyst said UCLA will be lucky to break even this year plus no bowl.   

Clemson against the youngsters looks very good even giving the points.
Automatic RUN!

Hogs-n-Roses

Bama,Texas,Michigan,USC,Tenn.,Florida Take what vegas gives or takes 1 hour prior to each kickoff. Bet the farm!

jrmemphishog

I'll take Arkansas.....Petrino will run these guys (Leathernecks) into the ground until the final whistle. By 35 at least.

kingguter

Oregon -13.5.  Washington sucks.  Oregon is loaded and flying under the radar.

Oregon is without Dennis Dixon and their running back from last year. You saw how they did without Dixon last year, they sucked. Trap game.

Oregon State -3.  They've won 6 out of their last 7 against Stanford.

Good Pick

Vandy +4 against Miami (OH).  SEC vs. MAC.  They better win!

Good Pick

UAB +14.  I think they'll cover against a Paul Smith-less Tulsa squad.

You are foolish to beleive that. Take Tulsa -14.

Except for when Arkansas State almost beat them last year right?

Hogginitall

Tulsa is 2-10 ats in road openers.  they're 0-5 ats as doudle digit favorites in road openers.  paul smith's departure will hurt them more than most are assuming. Call me foolish all you want.  I'll take my chances.

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 27, 2008, 07:00:54 am
Tulsa is 2-10 ats in road openers.  they're 0-5 ats as doudle digit favorites in road openers.  paul smith's departure will hurt them more than most are assuming. Call me foolish all you want.  I'll take my chances.

Agreed.  I am staying away from that game.  Tulsa may score 80, but I need to see it first.  If they had last years team I would bet them, but who knows with an unproven QB
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on August 26, 2008, 10:12:34 pm
Bama,Texas,Michigan,USC,Tenn.,Florida Take what vegas gives or takes 1 hour prior to each kickoff. Bet the farm!

Sounds logical, but the only dog you have in there is Bama.  rarely do I see a week where all the favorites cover.....but then that's why they call it gambling
Let's make some waves.

want2be

Quote from: jrmemphishog on August 26, 2008, 10:24:21 pm
I'll take Arkansas.....Petrino will run these guys (Leathernecks) into the ground until the final whistle. By 35 at least.

I hope Petrino pays attention to point spreads like Spurrier used to do

HotlantaHog

I haven't seen a spread posted for the Arkansas game, but agree Petrino will run up the score -- only to give players some experience with the playbook and get them ready for the next few games.

OnYourToes

Where are you getting your lines from?

Can you post a link?
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Quote from: OnYourToes on August 27, 2008, 10:05:13 am
Where are you getting your lines from?

Can you post a link?

any decent size newspaper  or     bodoglife.com    or sportfanatik           
Let's make some waves.

OnYourToes

Quote from: hogfanintx on August 27, 2008, 10:16:14 am

any decent size newspaper  or     bodoglife.com    or sportfanatik          

Thanks I posted that then did a google seach and got a few thousand sites pertaining to the speads for this week's games.
Sorry.

You sir are a genius!

want2be

Any body got insight on tomorrow nights Wake vs. Baylor...Wake is favored by 14 and some are predicting them to win the ACC ?

Hogginitall

Quote from: want2be on August 27, 2008, 10:39:25 am
Any body got insight on tomorrow nights Wake vs. Baylor...Wake is favored by 14 and some are predicting them to win the ACC ?

Yeah, I like Wake.  Although, I saw them at -12. 

OnYourToes

Quote from: want2be on August 27, 2008, 10:39:25 am

I would take Wake Forest and give the points if it's 12-14.  If it gets any higher then 2 touchdowns then I'd get nervous.

You sir are a genius!

Hogginitall

Quote from: OnYourToes on August 27, 2008, 10:44:56 am
I would take Wake Forest and give the points if it's 12-14.  If it gets any higher then 2 touchdowns then I'd get nervous.

Agreed.

OnYourToes

Just got back from Bodog
New picks for me;

Vandy (+4) v Miami OH
Wake (-12.5) v Baylor
Hawaii (+36) v Florida - way too many points
Illinois (+9) v Mizzou - Maybe a touchdown but not 2 scores, maybe even the win!
TN (-7.5) v UCLA

You sir are a genius!

solix

i like the wake pick.  love oregon state @ -3.  outrageously tempted at army +7  vs. temple

Porkerpower

I can't believe no one has mentioned the REAL lock of the week.

Louisville +3 1/2 over Kentucky.

In revenge, at home.

I'll take Lovisville for $1,000 Alex.

Porkerpower

Sorry.  That's Louisville - 3 1/2.   

Take da ville in a cake walk.

want2be

Quote from: OnYourToes on August 27, 2008, 10:54:23 am
Just got back from Bodog
New picks for me;

Vandy (+4) v Miami OH
Wake (-12.5) v Baylor
Hawaii (+36) v Florida - way too many points
Illinois (+9) v Mizzou - Maybe a touchdown but not 2 scores, maybe even the win!
TN (-7.5) v UCLA

I haven't studied Tenn and UCLA this year ? Is UCLA down enough to give up more than a touchdown at HOME ?   

Hogginitall

Quote from: solix on August 27, 2008, 11:11:51 am
i like the wake pick.  love oregon state @ -3.  outrageously tempted at army +7  vs. temple

Temple was much improved last year.  I think they're on their way up.  I'd take Temple -7 or lay off completely.