Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The PPV Thread (merged)

Started by Karma, August 26, 2008, 09:19:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

arslp

We missed the first 30 minutes of the game.  Ordered thru customer service earlier today.  At 6 pm when game didn't come on 792 I called and was told by Ollie at Direct TV that it was blacked out in Arkansas.  I told her what had happened & that I had ordered it earlier & she said "No"; "Blacked out".  Then I told her to take it off my bill.  She said "No"; their policy is when you order a game via PPV, you HAVE to pay for it.  I told her I wouldn't have ordered it if I didn't think we could get it and that I would not pay for it.  She said I'd just have a delinquency on my bill & that I would pay for it.  I asked her how could they sell me something they couldn't deliver, and she said no matter what it would be on my bill.  I did call her thick-headed and asked to speak to her supervisor.  After being on hold for a long time called back and spoke with a guy who told us to merely punch in the numbers 787, because that no. did not show up on our menu.  By that time we had missed 30 minutes.  I told the guy I was really upset and wanted some taken off the game - we missed the first 30 minutes.  $5.00 off.

I am very upset with Direct TV, but much more with Ollie @ Direct TV.
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

RazorWire™

OMMFG I want a refund. This darn is killn my buzz

r8zrbck

my Dish PPV ESPN Gameplan went down -- switched to ESPN radio -- pic freezed up as they were blocking our punt

HogBaptist

SeeingRed13

Cox is terrible. Worst 35 dollars ever spent.

Bryan (CHF)

Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

Man_O_Pork

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH....this is effing TERRIBLE!!!!

forsaken bacon

Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 06, 2008, 07:13:50 pm
Who else has the frozen picture?

Everyone I think.  Messed up in Fayetteville and at BWW in Bentonville.

HOGMINI

phoggy

Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 06, 2008, 07:13:50 pm
Who else has the frozen picture?

In between pixelation and black screen yes, I get frozen picture.
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

razorrog1

Horrible quality. I've got some kind of colorful snowy looking picture going on.

jerbear

Has anybody been able to talk to anyone at Cox?  If so what number did you use.

HogSkinsDisease

yea...picture all garbled up.  this is rediculous!

phoggy

Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

Man_O_Pork

Well, I'm watching Florida/Miami until our game returns to normal.  Someone fill me in when that happens.

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

bknittin

No video with Cox, just a fractal mess, I expect a refund.

Should have a good case...let's see...no audio, no video, hmmm, just what did I get for my money?

arslp

Quote from: arslp on September 06, 2008, 07:03:34 pm
We missed the first 30 minutes of the game.  Ordered thru customer service earlier today.  At 6 pm when game didn't come on 792 I called and was told by Ollie at Direct TV that it was blacked out in Arkansas.  I told her what had happened & that I had ordered it earlier & she said "No"; "Blacked out".  Then I told her to take it off my bill.  She said "No"; their policy is when you order a game via PPV, you HAVE to pay for it.  I told her I wouldn't have ordered it if I didn't think we could get it and that I would not pay for it.  She said I'd just have a delinquency on my bill & that I would pay for it.  I asked her how could they sell me something they couldn't deliver, and she said no matter what it would be on my bill.  I did call her thick-headed and asked to speak to her supervisor.  After being on hold for a long time called back and spoke with a guy who told us to merely punch in the numbers 787, because that no. did not show up on our menu.  By that time we had missed 30 minutes.  I told the guy I was really upset and wanted some taken off the game - we missed the first 30 minutes.  $5.00 off.

I am very upset with Direct TV, but much more with Ollie @ Direct TV.

Now we have no video; but just got a message screen that they are experiencing difficulties.  This has been a mess.
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

phoggy

shizoz

So I can assume I'm not the only Cox customer whose picture is jacked up?

Man_O_Pork

Ok, on now...looking good again.

Bryan (CHF)

Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

Razor6

Reboot... reboot... reboot... reboot... reboot... reboot... reboot... reboot... reboot... reboot... reboot... reboot... reboot... reboot... reboot... reboot... reboot...

Okay... Now it works.

What a bust!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

hawgswinn

The worst PPV I ever has seen !!! Iwill be callin Cox once the put there phone  back on the hook .

jerbear

Quote from: hawgswinn on September 06, 2008, 07:36:23 pm
The worst PPV I ever has seen !!! Iwill be callin Cox once the put there phone  back on the hook .

Been on hold for 17 minutes so far with Cox.  I will get my money back!

gwddog

Quote from: hawgswinn on September 06, 2008, 07:36:23 pm
I agree with you about PPV and nice avatar.
back 2 back 2 back

RazorWire™

Listening to Stoerner has given me the munchies. Anybody got any scoobie snacks ?

hogdiggity

Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 06, 2008, 08:40:05 pm
How many times has Stoerner said "I tell you what ..." it's got to be two dozen.

he said it a dozen times in a minute, some folks don't belong on TV

Hogtropolis™

Somebody that has Cox let me know if y'all get your money back so I can call and use you as an example for me to get my money back.

No sound to begin the game and no picture to for a good part of the 2nd quarter.  Horrible.

Razor6

Don't forget inaccurate stats as well.

Also, PPV may have hooked a cord up to the clocks and messed up everything.

It is all goes back to PPV.
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

judd7869

dtv needs too give a refund too miss alot of the game

Michaelt

I called DirecTV when the picture went out and the "Technical Problems" message came up.
I explained to them that I had paid to watch an entire football game, and I felt like over 9:00 of the game was lost because of the signal.
The Rep that I spoke with was very nice, and gave me a credit (refund) for the purchase price of the PPV.

Way to go DirecTV for stepping up to the plate.

mdt
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

hog.goblin

Well my "purchase and record" resulted in nothing.  Looks like that may be a good thing according to this thread.  I'll watch and make sure I don't get charged.

hawgrunner

Quote from: hog.goblin on September 07, 2008, 12:43:11 am
Well my "purchase and record" resulted in nothing.  Looks like that may be a good thing according to this thread.  I'll watch and make sure I don't get charged.

Watch it close!