Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The PPV Thread (merged)

Started by Karma, August 26, 2008, 09:19:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: hog_fan on August 26, 2008, 02:45:59 pm
Wish it was Western Ill as I will be at ULM game
Same here.

BloodRedHog

I just called DirecTV....they said they cannot finalize the GamePlan schedule until 24-48 hours prior to Saturday....due to the networks....
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

hogfan064

Quote from: hog_fan on August 26, 2008, 02:45:59 pm
Wish it was Western Ill as I will be at ULM game

I will too

hogdiggity

Quote from: BloodRedHog on August 26, 2008, 02:50:11 pm
I just called DirecTV....they said they cannot finalize the GamePlan schedule until 24-48 hours prior to Saturday....due to the networks....

It may not be the final schedule but on DirecTV's web site you can see the GamePlan schedule for the next 3 weeks, we aren't on it.

football17

Quote from: hogdiggity on August 26, 2008, 03:01:47 pm
It may not be the final schedule but on DirecTV's web site you can see the GamePlan schedule for the next 3 weeks, we aren't on it.

Probably because the fact we are gonna be on PPV hasn't even been announced yet. You all need to chill... take a deep breath...

hogdiggity

Quote from: football17 on August 26, 2008, 03:06:10 pm
Probably because the fact we are gonna be on PPV hasn't even been announced yet. You all need to chill... take a deep breath...

Chilling isn't really in the blood of anyone on an open board, we are much better suited for over reacting, flying off the handle, taking a rumor and running with it, well you get the idea.... Seriously, I'm just sitting here waiting to hear the announcement if there is one, just thought I would look at the schedule and found roughly the same number of games each week for the 3 weeks of schedule that had been announced.

IndyHog76

Numerous other games during later weeks have been announced (just not on DirecTV's site).  Go ahead and look at the ESPN.com's college football section, click on schedules and go through each week.  Look in the PPV column.  Has numerous other Gameplan games listed during weeks other than 1-3.

pikehog

Porquemada

the announcement is available on shortwave radio only.

hog_fan

Quote from: hogdiggity on August 26, 2008, 03:11:34 pm
Chilling isn't really in the blood of anyone on an open board, we are much better suited for over reacting, flying off the handle, taking a rumor and running with it, well you get the idea.... Seriously, I'm just sitting here waiting to hear the announcement if there is one, just thought I would look at the schedule and found roughly the same number of games each week for the 3 weeks of schedule that had been announced.

Many of those so called rumors were proven to be factual and people told others what would happen before it happened.

A-Town Hog Fan

Dont leave us hanging Long. 
Lord help us all!

Makes you wonder if they are still working on the details. It would seem to announce at night like this, but Long said it would be today.

SkunkyMunky

I've never understood why it would be so hard to do all/any games PPV.
I mean most if not every stadium is already setup for doing broadcasts anyway.
Why not just put a schools art majors out there running cameras and things?
Then we already send announcers to every game for the radio... Why not have them do the telecast?
"Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?"
Jimmy Johnson

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."
Barry Switzer

richterhog

NW Ark Cox? Please say it is so!!!!

BloodRedHog

Cajun Hog

RazorsEdge

Quote from: Porquemada on August 26, 2008, 04:38:34 pm
the announcement is available on shortwave radio only.
Nothing yet.  Seems to be something going on with Russia invading Georgia though.  Having trouble with my headset and can't make it all out.  Will keep informed, over.

Golfer

August 26, 2008, 10:16:26 pm #67 Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 10:18:43 pm by Golfer
NM

It must not be Western Illinois if they still haven't announced.

Supermark101

Quote from: IndyHog76 on August 26, 2008, 03:18:37 pm
Numerous other games during later weeks have been announced (just not on DirecTV's site).  Go ahead and look at the ESPN.com's college football section, click on schedules and go through each week.  Look in the PPV column.  Has numerous other Gameplan games listed during weeks other than 1-3.
Those games are the ones that are known to not be picked by the networks, or are a part of ABC's regional coverage. There schedule is VERY fluid.

I really hope it is picked up, but someone posted in another PPV thread that Long said games wouldn't be available out of state. No idea how accurate that is though.

PorkRyan

Quote from: Supermark101 on August 26, 2008, 10:28:00 pm
Those games are the ones that are known to not be picked by the networks, or are a part of ABC's regional coverage. There schedule is VERY fluid.

I really hope it is picked up, but someone posted in another PPV thread that Long said games wouldn't be available out of state. No idea how accurate that is though.

I noticed that Bama and Tulane are on Gameplan and it says Bama and LA only so I'm guessing they just black it out everywhere else.

japhog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 26, 2008, 01:30:41 pm
It is going to be ULM and it's going to be $125. That's a lot cheaper than going to the game and buying a ticket, getting a motel room, etc. Just invite 10 Hog friends over and it costs each of you $12.50...a bargain!

the season long Gameplan package is 129.  but you can get a one day pass for much less, i am guessing in the 25-30 range

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Supermark101

August 27, 2008, 01:56:09 am #73 Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 02:07:34 am by Supermark101
Quote from: PorkRyan on August 26, 2008, 11:22:35 pm
I noticed that Bama and Tulane are on Gameplan and it says Bama and LA only so I'm guessing they just black it out everywhere else.

"Tulane at Alabama 6:00 p.m. ESPN-GP *2 / PPV (AL & LA?)"

That means its on Gameplan, but on PPV in AL and LA.

jgphillips3

Shameless bump hoping somebody will keep know something soon and post it.

rcopela

hopefully they will have this wknd..

Dcace83

Quote from: razorsharp96 on August 26, 2008, 11:55:25 am
I think it usually is $23.95 or $24.95. I could be wrong. But I could be right for once since you aren't my wife.

Wow I almost spit my morning Mt.Dew all over the place. My wife would die laughing if she read this.

+1
And if I had a gun, with two bullets, and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden and Toby, I would shoot Toby twice. -Michael Scott

<--- I brought that avatar to Hogville. It's win I know.

Today's Democrat says the announcement is likely today - so the vigil continues.

Supermark101

BloodRedHog

As an out of stater, I say....

If they PPV WIU or ULM and then GamePlan blacks it out outside ARK, then what the hell does Long want?? I can't drive 13 hours to the game but I will damn sure pay the UA money to watch it on TV. Just give me the chance...!!

Supermark101

PPV is separate from Gameplan. With PPV the game will be available in Arkansas only. ESPN can choose to show it outside Arkansas, but do not have too. If ESPN picks it up, those of us out of Arkansas will be able to see it. It will be blacked out in Arkansas only.

hogsanity

Quote from: Supermark101 on August 27, 2008, 03:45:45 pm
PPV is separate from Gameplan. With PPV the game will be available in Arkansas only. ESPN can choose to show it outside Arkansas, but do not have too. If ESPN picks it up, those of us out of Arkansas will be able to see it. It will be blacked out in Arkansas only.

It would still be available in AR, just not on gameplan.  Now, the question would be, in AR will your cable or sattelite provider carry the in state ppv
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ProfusionalHog

Question! 

Will the PPV be broadcast in HD?  I don't really watch regular TV ;)

Bama Hog™

I am confused... For those in the know about this, if it is availabe on PPV how would a person with DirectTV who lives outside of Arkansas be able to get the game? PPV, Game Plan, neither, both?
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

hogsanity

Quote from: rzrbkman on August 27, 2008, 04:07:54 pm
I thought a reliable source had posted on here in the past that if a SEC university did a PPV that ESPN has the right to add it to Gameplan per the TV contract they have had in the last few years and that is why Frank chose not to do PPV's so that the games would not be on Gameplan at all.

The school can request it be blacked out, on gameplan, in the home state.  It was the USF game in LR a few years ago, I think, that was on gameplan, and the UA requested, the day before the game, that it be blacked out. 

These are 2 different issues though.

1.  If the UA is the originator of the ppv, then gameplan can pick it up, but the ppv provider in AR would be local cable providers as well as dtv and dish ( if they choose to carry it ).  Game plan can pick it up, but they can not sell it to subscribers in AR.

2.  If the visiting team is the priginator of the broadcast ( ie if WIU was broadcasting the game locally in Ill, and gameplan picked it up, the UA could request the game be blacked out in AR, period.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

IndyHog76

I would imagine Gameplan.  That is how many other games appear on Gameplan.  The games are on channels as PPVs in state game is being played, but appear on Gameplan elsewhere.  Blacked out on Gameplan in the state it is played.  That way, the Gameplan person in Arkansas would be forced to dish out more money to get it.

hogsanity

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on August 27, 2008, 04:18:51 pm
I am confused... For those in the know about this, if it is availabe on PPV how would a person with DirectTV who lives outside of Arkansas be able to get the game? PPV, Game Plan, neither, both?

If gameplan picks it up, the you could get it that way.  Sometimes dish and dtv pick up ppv games and you would be able to get it that way.  A UA ooc ppv game, like ulm, might very likely not be picked up by gameplan or either sat provider.

HoopS

Was it officially announced to be ULM?

Arkapigdiesel

Does anyone have any info as to what flippin games are going to be PPV?
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

hogsndawgs

Dammit, I've read this whole thread and I now feel like I know less than I did before I read it. So the WIU game is probably not going to be on PPV and even if it is, it won't be outside of AR. I'm traveling to Birmingham this weekend, I'm praying I'll be able to watch the game. I really would pay up to $500 or more, it's BP's first game...Dear God, this thread is stressing me out.

IndyHog76

I'm not sure why people think it wouldn't be available to out of state people.  It would be highly likely that it would be available IF you had Gameplan.  It wouldn't make sense if you would randomly be able to get a PPV from an Arkansas cable company.  If in Alabama (and they were to make the last minute announcement that it is WIU) then you would likely be able to watch it at any sports bar with Gameplan.
Hogsanity, why would an out of conference game not be picked up?  That is what alot of the Gameplan games are?

hogsanity

Quote from: IndyHog76 on August 27, 2008, 04:28:09 pm
I'm not sure why people think it wouldn't be available to out of state people.  It would be highly likely that it would be available IF you had Gameplan.  It wouldn't make sense if you would randomly be able to get a PPV from an Arkansas cable company.  If in Alabama (and they were to make the last minute announcement that it is WIU) then you would likely be able to watch it at any sports bar with Gameplan.
Hogsanity, why would an out of conference game not be picked up?  That is what alot of the Gameplan games are?

Well, ESPN has to play the originator to carry it, and they have to take up a channel to show it.  How many buys are they going to get out of a ua/ulm game, since they would not be able to sell it in AR?

Cassperr

Texas especially the metroplex I imagine would sell a lot
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

Smoking Pork

Quote from: Lard on August 26, 2008, 09:41:36 am
ULM is not yet a sellout according to www.arkansasrazobacks.com     I can't believe this!!  The fantabulous RRS is not sold out??  Those die-hard fans haven't snatched up those tickets yet?  Shocked I say......shocked!
Fixed that for you.

IndyHog76

August 27, 2008, 05:54:10 pm #94 Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 05:56:33 pm by IndyHog76
About as many that would be interested in Tennessee Tech and Louisville not in Kentucky.  Oh yeah, Temple and Buffalo is also a Gameday game.

Quote from: hogsanity on August 27, 2008, 04:47:21 pm
Well, ESPN has to play the originator to carry it, and they have to take up a channel to show it.  How many buys are they going to get out of a ua/ulm game, since they would not be able to sell it in AR?

hogsanity

Quote from: IndyHog76 on August 27, 2008, 05:54:10 pm
About as many that would be interested in Tennessee Tech and Louisville not in Kentucky.

Thats my point.  ESPN gameplan cant carry it in state, and they would not generate enough buys out of state to justify picking it up. 

IndyHog76

They will rarely be able to not black it out in numerous states yet they air numerous games (like previously mentioned Tenn Tech/Louisville and Buffalo/Temple.  I don't think Gameplan is playing to a certain set of college football fans as they are playing to a true fan of college football game in general.

Quote from: hogsanity on August 27, 2008, 05:55:23 pm
Thats my point.  ESPN gameplan cant carry it in state, and they would not generate enough buys out of state to justify picking it up. 

IndyHog76

What Gameplan realizes if they have random games like this on during the year that a random Hog fan, in my case in Indianapolis, is going to spend that 109 to 129 dollars when they know that they're going to get to see random games like Western Illinois or LA-Monroe.

hogsanity

Quote from: IndyHog76 on August 27, 2008, 05:58:58 pm
They will rarely be able to not black it out in numerous states yet they air numerous games (like previously mentioned Tenn Tech/Louisville and Buffalo/Temple.  I don't think Gameplan is playing to a certain set of college football fans as they are playing to a true fan of college football game in general.

Quote from: IndyHog76 on August 27, 2008, 06:00:27 pm
What Gameplan realizes if they have random games like this on during the year that a random Hog fan, in my case in Indianapolis, is going to spend that 109 to 129 dollars when they know that they're going to get to see random games like Western Illinois or LA-Monroe.

They may pick it up.  For all I know they may pick up every available d1 ppv.  I just would not be surprised if they dont.  I was addressing this more for in state fans.  IF the UA is the originator, gameplan will be blacked out in AR, so, if your local cable or sta provider does not pick up the game, you are out of luck.

IndyHog76

Yes, I am in 100 percent agreement with the Gameplan game being blacked out in Arkansas.  They've got to get their money from you in-state owners of the Gameplan package! 
However, I bet it will be there to be available to us out-of-staters (whatever game it may end up being).