Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hoxie DT to make unofficial to UA this weekend?

Started by Clint Alan, August 26, 2008, 08:10:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Clint Alan

Thats what Richard put in his column this morning........INTERESTING INDEED!

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

pitbull1

trphog

Yes. He is a UT commit.I wonder what Mack will have to say about this??

Clint Alan

Quote from: trphog on August 26, 2008, 08:26:03 am
Yes. He is a UT commit.I wonder what Mack will have to say about this??

I wouldnt mind him pulling his offer..........

Richard said in his article, he could be attending the game with one of his teammates.........who is his teammate? Anyone?
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

The real Hogules

How about a link to Richards article???

Thanks in advance.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

T-Bag Hawg

Texas already has one 5* DT commit, and another 5* close to committing.

I say we get Derek.
It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

pitbull1

Doesn't say who the other kid is, but it would be nice if we could pull this kid back to Arkansas

The real Hogules

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, SOMBODY POST A LINK!!!

I appreciate it.

sauce

August 26, 2008, 09:04:21 am #9 Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 09:06:02 am by sauce
The way I read it it sounds like he is just going along to take in a game wiht his teamate.  Not much info.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/235462

pitbull1

Yes, but things could change.  Why would he not try to get the kid to take in a game at Texas.

Clint Alan

OKhogfan1959

Get him to the campus and we will have a decent shot. Mack Brown is known to pull schollarship offers..

trphog

Isn't it Mack's philosophy to pull any comitted kids scholly that visits elswhere?

I hope he visits! Hog nation would welcome him with open arms.

Bubba's Bruisers

Because of the position he plays, DJ is just about as an important in-state get as DW is...IMO.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Razorvet

I think an unofficial is a bit of a stretch but it would be good to get him up there for a game. But being in the stands and being on an unofficial would be two different animals.

Clint Alan

Quote from: Razorvet on August 26, 2008, 10:05:26 am
I think an unofficial is a bit of a stretch but it would be good to get him up there for a game. But being in the stands and being on an unofficial would be two different animals.

Thats why it is called an unofficial visit..........helloooooooo?

Clint Alan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 26, 2008, 09:56:13 am
Because of the position he plays, DJ is just about as an important in-state get as DW is...IMO.

While I would like to have both, I agree with your stance..........you can never have enough DL......you can turn a WR, RB, LB into a DB.......you cant just turn someone into a DL over night.......

pedrothelion

I doubt that Davenport would mention one the top players in state visiting an Arkansas game unless there was some thing to it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: rubmyHOG on August 26, 2008, 10:16:55 am
Thats why it is called an unofficial visit..........helloooooooo?

Yea, but I think recruites can still visit with the coaches, players, and facilities during an unofficial...they just pay their own way.  Is DJ supposed to do that or is he just going to the game like any other fan?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

The real Hogules

Thanks Sauce I really appreciate it.
And for RMH, I was just having some fun, "pretending" to be impatient.
Was it really that hard to figure out???

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: rubmyHOG on August 26, 2008, 10:18:01 am

you can never have enough DL......you can turn a WR, RB, LB into a DB.......you cant just turn someone into a DL over night.......

Not only that, but if you don't have a talented DL, then it typically doesn't matter how much talent your secondary has...they'll get burned alot.  A good DL can help mask a mediocre secondary, but it usually can't work the other way around.

Clint Alan

Quote from: The real Hogules on August 26, 2008, 10:29:38 am
Thanks Sauce I really appreciate it.
And for RMH, I was just having some fun, "pretending" to be impatient.
Was it really that hard to figure out???

And I was just having a little fun at your expense............straighten the feathers out.......

pedrothelion

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 26, 2008, 10:25:18 am
Yea, but I think recruites can still visit with the coaches, players, and facilities during an unofficial...they just pay their own way.  Is DJ supposed to do that or is he just going to the game like any other fan?
Like I said, I don't think that Davenport is the kind of reporter who is going to mention some thing like this if a kid is "just going to a game".  First he puts Johnson's scholarship at Texas in jeopardy by reporting this in the first place.  Second, Davenport would know that this news is going to create a huge amount of buzz among AR fans.  I'm sure all the local razorback sports talk programs are going to inundated with calls asking questions about this today.  Davenport seems like responsible reporter and I don't think that he takes the chance in mentioning this if it was just going to be Johnson in the stands enjoying a AR game but remaining a firm commitment to Texas.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: rubmyHOG on August 26, 2008, 08:36:00 am
I wouldnt mind him pulling his offer..........

Richard said in his article, he could be attending the game with one of his teammates.........who is his teammate? Anyone?

I agree we should email Mack to push him in that direction.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: pedrothelion on August 26, 2008, 10:39:06 am
Like I said, I don't think that Davenport is the kind of reporter who is going to mention some thing like this if a kid is "just going to a game".  First he puts Johnson's scholarship at Texas in jeopardy by reporting this in the first place.  Second, Davenport would know that this news is going to create a huge amount of buzz among AR fans.  I'm sure all the local razorback sports talk programs are going to inundated with calls asking questions about this today.  Davenport seems like responsible reporter and I don't think that he takes the chance in mentioning this if it was just going to be Johnson in the stands enjoying a AR game but remaining a firm commitment to Texas.

Well, I wouldn't disagree with you about that.  However, that was not the point I was making.  I wasn't questioning the type of visit.  My point was to RMH, who seemed to imply that DJ simply going to the game, w/o visiting the coaches, facilities, etc..., constituted an unofficial visit.  If that's the case, then there will be at least 70,000 unofficial visitors this weekend. 

johogs001

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 26, 2008, 11:04:37 am
Well, I wouldn't disagree with you about that.  However, that was not the point I was making.  I wasn't questioning the type of visit.  My point was to RMH, who seemed to imply that DJ simply going to the game, w/o visiting the coaches, facilities, etc..., constituted an unofficial visit.  If that's the case, then there will be at least 70,000 unofficial visitors this weekend. 

And I don't mean to be more pragmatic about this, but the article also uses the word "might".  As in he "might" make it up for the game this weekend.

jackflash

Why would we want to Email coach Brown? Let the kid come up and enjoy the game. Can't see hurting a kid chances to go anywhere.

PorkSoda

Quote from: sauce on August 26, 2008, 09:04:21 am
The way I read it it sounds like he is just going along to take in a game wiht his teamate.  Not much info.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/235462

Looks like we are on a couple good linemen as well

Kendall Kelly, 6-6, 300 pounds, 5. 2

"He's a skinny 300 pounds; he doesn't have a belly," Smith said. "He could put on another 30 pounds and still look skinny. He has long arms and legs and is an extremely hard worker. He's so talented, but it's his determination that sets him apart from most linemen. Kendall is the type that's not going to leave until he gets it right."

Kevin Lowry, 6-3, 280, 5. 0

"He's the most powerful, athletic lineman I've ever coached," Smith said "Great feet, he moves so well. He's built perfect for a lineman. He's a phenomenal football player. My offensive line and defensive line coaches argue back and forth about having him on their line."

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hookemhogs5

I just checked in with my Texas recruiting guys and they said coach Sears said it is just a rumor. Thay talked to him at 9:40 this morning. Maybe D. Johnson just hasn't informed his coach yet.

razorbackmkh

Quote from: hookemhogs5 on August 26, 2008, 11:41:27 am
I just checked in with my Texas recruiting guys and they said coach Sears said it is just a rumor. Thay talked to him at 9:40 this morning. Maybe D. Johnson just hasn't informed his coach yet.
Made some phone calls, a buddy (i'd say source but that would imply that i have "sources" which I will never make claim to lol) says that the trips been in the works, there's Hoxie player that Arkansas is giving some looks. He did not specify who, but that he feels that Arkansas stands a better chance if we can make a "package offer". My buddy is still in the coaching field and has some good connections. With that being said, he has been wrong. He said Winston was a "LOCK". But that may change too. And he may end up being right in the end. Lets hope so. Johnson and Winston would be a great shot in the arm to recruiting efforts.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

pitbull1

T-Bag Hawg

Quote from: razorbackmkh on August 26, 2008, 12:09:51 pm
Made some phone calls, a buddy (i'd say source but that would imply that i have "sources" which I will never make claim to lol) says that the trips been in the works, there's Hoxie player that Arkansas is giving some looks. He did not specify who, but that he feels that Arkansas stands a better chance if we can make a "package offer". My buddy is still in the coaching field and has some good connections. With that being said, he has been wrong. He said Winston was a "LOCK". But that may change too. And he may end up being right in the end. Lets hope so. Johnson and Winston would be a great shot in the arm to recruiting efforts.

We have a winner

Hog are ya

My sources said "Where the hell is Hoxie?"  Is it close to Conway?  I'm pretty sure I've never been there and wouldn't know which direction to go....

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hog are ya on August 26, 2008, 01:53:36 pm
My sources said "Where the hell is Hoxie?"  Is it close to Conway?  I'm pretty sure I've never been there and wouldn't know which direction to go....

My sources tell me Hoxie is located in NE Arkansas.

hawgsav1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 26, 2008, 02:20:09 pm
My sources tell me Hoxie is located in NE Arkansas.

My sources tell me that you are correct.  My other sources also tell me that I would be excited to have Derek Johnson aboard.  However, I'm gonna have to triple check with my third source.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

cbjagman

Just outside (a burb) of Walnut Ridge.  Population around 3,000

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: cbjagman on August 26, 2008, 02:48:04 pm
Just outside (a burb) of Walnut Ridge.  Population around 3,000

Well where's Walnut Ridge?

J/K

T-Bag Hawg

Bubba's Bruisers

cbjagman

cbjagman

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 26, 2008, 02:53:49 pm

J/K
Very near Clover Bend and Minturn. There, does that clear it up for ya?????

Brian the Turrible

August 26, 2008, 04:02:35 pm #43 Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 04:04:27 pm by passtheball
About 20 miles northeast of Jonesboro. You know just past Sedwick, near Swifton and Black Rock. Down the road from Shannon.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

T-Bag Hawg

Quote from: cbjagman on August 26, 2008, 04:00:08 pm
Very near Clover Bend and Minturn. There, does that clear it up for ya?????

U forgot Alicia, Portia, and Sedgwick

canonhog

From Jonesoro 63 North take the Hoxie exit. :razorback: :razorback:
Canonhog

The real Hogules

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 26, 2008, 02:53:49 pm

J/K

It's in Minnesota......................oh wait, that's Walnut Gorve.

(Little House on the Prairie reference)

Waldron_Hog

Where is it from Leachville, Manilla, and Monette?

greenehog

Its just before you get to O'kean and Delaplaine.

Razorvet

My source just Steven Hill before you get to O'kean and Delaplaine.