Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michael Dyer talks Arkansas

Started by The_Hill, August 18, 2008, 11:37:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Hill

Thought y'all would like this
http://arkansasmatters.com/content/fulltext/?cid=101341
QuoteThe Little Rock Christian Warriors had a great season in 2007, coming just one victory short of a State Title, losing in the Championship game to Greenwood.  Now that season was more than just a great one for the Warriors, it also introduced the state to Michael Dyer.  As a sophomore last season, Dyer racked up 2.725 yards and 26 touchdowns, and, as expected, Dyer is starting to get plenty of interest from major colleges, including the University of Arkansas. 

Dyer says he loves the U of A, "I like Arkansas.  I mean I keep going back to the campus and every time I go back I like it more and more, so I just love it.  For me Arkansas just gets me a little bit cause I'm from Arkansas, and I just think that being around them and them being around from here, I think it's a good atmosphere for me."

Dyer also said that his three favorite colleges right now are Arkansas, Alabama, and Florida.  He expects to make a decision following this season.  Little Rock Christian will open their season on the road taking on Oak Grove.

John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

razorback541

Looks like the future is getting brighter

Hogbody

WOO!

Hello Homerun recruit!
The star we need to sign for 2010.

Thanks for the post.

jpenrod1

loves Arkansas and LSU is not even in his top 3.

seeing as how LSU was once favored over AR and are not in his top 3 anymore that is a good thing. We cant lose this Guy. We also cant lose Winston this year. Hopefully both stay home.

rzrbcksooie

its great news to NOT see lsu in his top 3... but this kid is so far away from his signing day... he still has 2 seasons of highschool football left... alot can happen by then so im not getting my hopes up too soon

Razorvet

Monk-N-Dunk

Quote from: Tomhog™ on August 19, 2008, 07:14:30 am
I would be surprised if he commits anywhere but Arkansas.

Very nice, I like.

cbjagman

Hey Michael, I agree. What's not to LOVE about the Hill?

lovetailgatin

Michael, Holler at DW and let him know that he needs to stay at home to. This is the start of something special. With this coaching staff you can't go wrong.

Tusks

Ryan Mallett and Michael Dyer in the same backfield.....wow.

Add some top WR to that group and BCS here we come.

With BP that offense will avg 550 yards per game easy.

What's the record for O per game at a BCS school....600?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Buck Brewer

It is possible we will only have one year of Mallet. He will be eligible for the draft after next season. One standout year and he's likely gone.

canonhog

:razorback:I likey. That is some great news and  we all know us HOG fans have been needing some good news. :razorback: :razorback:
Canonhog

Beaverfever

Quote from: SherlockHog on August 19, 2008, 09:44:02 am
It is possible we will only have one year of Mallet. He will be eligible for the draft after next season. One standout year and he's likely gone.
BP will always have a capable quarterback.  I doubt it really even matters. 

Hog Fan from Camden

Sounds like Wilson will be ready if this happens.  If we get two years of Mallet followed by two with Wilson running the team and Youngblood used as a change of pace QB (from Camden so had to thow that in) I will be more that happy.  I hope they coaching staff can fix some of Youngblood's mechanics so that he can contribute at QB.

FBPLAYER65

I told you people a long time ago Dyer was a lock for Arkansas.

jpenrod1

Mallet has unbelievable talent, but he has a lot to learn from college. I doubt he leaves early, unless he improves more over this year than I can imagine he would.

Tusks

I don't see RM with a one and done.  He will leave early me thinks.... but 2 years on the hill is a given in my opine.

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

jgphillips3

August 19, 2008, 10:31:20 am #18 Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 10:35:34 am by jgphillips3
Quote from: jpenrod1 on August 19, 2008, 10:15:04 am
Mallet has unbelievable talent, but he has a lot to learn from college. I doubt he leaves early, unless he improves more over this year than I can imagine he would.

I don't see anyway possible we get three years from him.  However, I don't think he would be wise to leave after year one.  He could cost himself a LOT of money by bolting too soon, no matter how phenomenal his first year is.  He will go a lot higher in the draft, assuming he really is that good, if he sticks it out two years.

COCHISE

Wow!  I'm glad to see that LSU is no longer in his top 3 but I would be interested to know what happened to knock them out, I thought they were a major player for Dyer's services.

Rebel64

Quote from: jpenrod1 on August 19, 2008, 12:07:29 am
loves Arkansas and LSU is not even in his top 3.

seeing as how LSU was once favored over AR and are not in his top 3 anymore that is a good thing. We cant lose this Guy. We also cant lose Winston this year. Hopefully both stay home.

That is a good thing since LSU's backfield is very crowded.  He can be a feature back here and running back by committee their.

The_Hill

Quote from: 870 RZR on August 19, 2008, 10:36:17 am
Wow!  I'm glad to see that LSU is no longer in his top 3 but I would be interested to know what happened to knock them out, I thought they were a major player for Dyer's services.
My guess would be Lache Seastrunk
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

arkbengal

Quote from: The_Hill on August 19, 2008, 10:44:13 am

That may turn out to be a very good guess at this point. Although, any team would take Dyer if he wanted to come.

hog_fan

Sounds like will committ wherever probably to hogs right after signing day. That would be great considering he has had all the attention so when he is a likely 5 star he wouldn't want to explore like Winston did since he never expected as many offers as he got.

The_Hill

I believe that the idea of being the second coming of DMAC is starting to grow on Michael

jgphillips3

If we can start bringing in guys like this with a coach who knows how to use them, we WILL be back baby!

COCHISE

I have complete faith in Coach Horton, with Dyer being an Arkansas kid and Horton recruiting him, I really, really, really, like our chances.

FBPLAYER65

Dyer and Curtis is going to be a hell of a combo. We'll finally be able to beat people with any of our 5 skill players on any given play.

IronHog

Warren          DJ           xxXxx BC                      Adams
Wr's                              RM

Dyer/Curtis/Johnson                                                 CBP

How to hang 80 on ole miss+win SEC+win BCS game.........ARKANSAS STYLE.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

dougieritch

Boy if he signs we will have a stable of quality running backs!

Beaverfever

Quote from: IronHog on August 19, 2008, 11:54:57 am

Warren          DJ           xxXxx BC                      Adams

Dyer/Curtis/Johnson                                                 CBP

All Arkansas kids too which is nice.

Wes Craven

Quote from: The_Hill on August 19, 2008, 10:44:13 am

Don't fool yourself. When the rankings come out Dyer will be ranked just as high as Seastrunk. Everyone just likes to say the kids name.

The_Hill

Quote from: Wes Craven on August 19, 2008, 04:57:14 pm
Don't fool yourself. When the rankings come out Dyer will be ranked just as high as Seastrunk. Everyone just likes to say the kids name.
I think Dyer is better than Seastrunk from what I've seen. Not taking anything away from him, I just think he wants to be the premier back wherever he ends up.

gohogsgo006

Warren          DJ           xxXxx BC                      Adams

Dyer/Curtis/Johnson                                                 CBP

Good God!!!
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

mclyte

thechamp

A lot of LSU fans have known for a few months we were out of it w/ Dyer. Lache Seastrunk will be our big target next year and I like our chances. Hell, he wore LSU gear on his last visit to Texas.

COCHISE

Quote from: thechamp on August 19, 2008, 05:24:30 pm
A lot of LSU fans have known for a few months we were out of it w/ Dyer. Lache Seastrunk will be our big target next year and I like our chances. Hell, he wore LSU gear on his last visit to Texas.
For both of our sake, I hope we get these guys.  It would be fun to watch Dyer and Seastrunk matching up against each other for the next few years battling for the Boot.

thechamp

No doubt...and I think Hog fans might be amused by Texas losing top instate recruits!

Tammany Tom

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on August 19, 2008, 10:06:47 am
I told you people a long time ago Dyer was a lock for Arkansas.

I listened to you. I took him off the list as a possible LSU recruit when you and several others were very sure he was all Arkansas.

He changed his tune overnight when Arkansas hired Petrino. From all the reports prior to the Petrino hiring, he seemed all LSU. After Arkansas hired Petrino, the reports turned on a dime. All his reports favored Arkansas and LSU was never mentioned again.

hog_fan

I wondering why didn't he like Nutt? Sure he is a piss poor coach, but he loved to run the ball. I figured RB's would like him.

Regardless, I'm glad it is looking very good for him. I love for him to committ right after signing day, and get to recruiting for us.

He has attention so I think when he recruits he will stick. 2010 is a big time class for Arkansas.

COCHISE

Quote from: hog_fan on August 19, 2008, 05:51:49 pm
I wondering why didn't he like Nutt? Sure he is a piss poor coach, but he loved to run the ball. I figured RB's would like him.

Regardless, I'm glad it is looking very good for him. I love for him to committ right after signing day, and get to recruiting for us.

He has attention so I think when he recruits he will stick. 2010 is a big time class for Arkansas.
He probably wanted to go to a program that was a contender, Nutt had the best running back in the country for the past two years and couldn't get us into a BCS game.  Dyer probably realized that it is one thing to be a great back, but that doesn't mean s*** if you play for a coach that can't get into the big games.

tanman

This is to all L.S.U. message board guys, yall are very classy and i apprecitate the insight yall bring to this board , yall are more than welcome anytime, i just think it is nice we can have opposing teams fans on here and have a good discussion , go hogs but for yall i 'll make an exception, i appreciate yall being classy and informative . Also i would like to congratulate you guys on your recruiting classes and i hope in the near future arkansas can be in the top ten as yall are every year go hogs

Hog Fan from Camden

Tammany Tom is a fixture in the Recruiting Forum.  He always brings a lot of good information without all of the other crap.

J.A.Y.

Tammany,

What are you hearing on McFarland?

There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

thechamp

tammany can probably give better info than me but lately JM seems to be leaning Texas. Suppossedly (and these are rumors Texas fans have been spreading) he has been trying to convince Shepard to come with him to UT. Also, some LSU fans think Sentimore's commitment coming up might signal the coaches don't feel as good about JM. I of course do not subscribe to do this b/c Sentimore will play DE IMO. In the end I don't think anyone knows what JM is thinking. One day it's LSU, the next Texas, and then another it's even OU.

hawgsav1

Warren          DJ           xxXxx BC                      Adams

Dyer/Curtis/Johnson                                                 CBP

I don't think you want CBP lined up in formation.  Good coach and all, but his conditioning is lacking :D
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

gohogsgo006

Quote from: hawgsav1 on August 19, 2008, 07:25:52 pm
I don't think you want CBP lined up in formation.  Good coach and all, but his conditioning is lacking :D

CBP is the coach on the sideline
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

hawgsav1

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

TX HOG

Dyer is for sure 4/5 star recruit next year?