Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sounds like Michael Dyer...

Started by RazorbackJoe, July 11, 2008, 10:35:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorbackJoe

...knows where he wants to go to college. Anyone know where he may be leaning???

BigSexyHog

I got my fingers crossed.  He would be the next class of MJ and Dmac.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

RazorbackJoe

i think raginwildfire may be right.
i hear he has told some members of the arkansas media where he is leaning...however, i am not privy to the info, if you know what i mean.

NWAREDBUG

He's not leaning at all.. he's just getting ready for his Jr. season and trying to ignore all the hype.

hogfan0307

Just going through a progression of what Dyer has said in the past few months, I would say he is leaning towards Arkansas (Tim Horton has helped out alot).

Keep this in mind...a committment from Dyer this early might not mean a great deal because you know that every school in the nation will be persuing him in time. He is reguarded as a top-10 overall prospect and potentially the top RB in the nation for 2010. He will be able to go anywhere he wants and teams will be rolling out the red carpet for him. Still in saying that, Arkansas will be the team to beat for sure.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogfan0307 on July 12, 2008, 08:33:49 am
Just going through a progression of what Dyer has said in the past few months, I would say he is leaning towards Arkansas (Tim Horton has helped out alot).

Keep this in mind...a committment from Dyer this early might not mean a great deal because you know that every school in the nation will be persuing him in time. He is reguarded as a top-10 overall prospect and potentially the top RB in the nation for 2010. He will be able to go anywhere he wants and teams will be rolling out the red carpet for him. Still in saying that, Arkansas will be the team to beat for sure.

Probably so.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

honestabe

Dyer sounds impressed by the new staff. per kark.

honestabe

Tomhog, it really sounded positive for us....dare I say he's ours to lose?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: honestabe on July 12, 2008, 06:43:13 pm
Tomhog, it really sounded positive for us....dare I say he's ours to lose?

I'm not Tomhog, but I'd certainly dare to say he's ours to lose.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The_Hill

John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

tendu

Quote from: The_Hill on July 12, 2008, 07:13:54 pm
Video Link for those who want proof, starts after the ad
http://arkansasmatters.com/media_player.php?media_id=56761

Thanks for posting the video link. Sounds good to me.

SquidBilly

Thanks for the video.  Great to see the Arkansas boys excited about the Hogs again.

RD

Quote from: BigSexyHog on July 11, 2008, 10:40:04 pm
I got my fingers crossed.  He would be the next class of MJ and Dmac.
Not even close.

cbjagman

I've said it more than once that Petrino will get his share of good recruits. While he certainly will miss some (what coach doesn't) I believe his total business, no nonsense approach to football will win over a lot of kids, especially those who really have a goal of reaching the NFL. Most of these kids are intelligent enough to realize that along with their ability, good coaching in college will only enhance their chances at the next level.

P.S. I find it extremely interesting how so many Arkansas kids are admitting that HDN's departure has them (positively) rethinking their attitude toward the program. Just ask Joe Adams.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: cbjagman on July 12, 2008, 11:34:35 pm
I've said it more than once that Petrino will get his share of good recruits. While he certainly will miss some (what coach doesn't) I believe his total business, no nonsense approach to football will win over a lot of kids, especially those who really have a goal of reaching the NFL. Most of these kids are intelligent enough to realize that along with their ability, good coaching in college will only enhance their chances at the next level.

P.S. I find it extremely interesting how so many Arkansas kids are admitting that HDN's departure has them (positively) rethinking their attitude toward the program. Just ask Joe Adams.
My thoughts exactly on the P.S.  Now if Petrino can pull off a 7-8 win season, I think things will start to click even more.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: RD on July 12, 2008, 11:25:25 pm
Not even close.

Why don't you think so?  He is rated one of the best players in the nation why don't you think he will be as special as Dmac or MJ?  Most everyone thinks he will be a stud at the next level.  I am just going off with what others are saying do you know something I don't?  Like I said I have never seen him in person so just going off what others are saying about him.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Wingo Hog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on July 12, 2008, 11:52:16 pm
Why don't you think so?  He is rated one of the best players in the nation why don't you think he will be as special as Dmac or MJ?  Most everyone thinks he will be a stud at the next level.  I am just going off with what others are saying do you know something I don't?  Like I said I have never seen him in person so just going off what others are saying about him.
He'll be all SEC first team by his sophmore year. RD is just hatin. Dyer is a STUD

Tammany Tom

Not even close.

We will be more than happy to take him if you don't want him.

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on July 12, 2008, 06:53:32 pm
I'm not Tomhog, but I'd certainly dare to say he's ours to lose.

I co-sign that statement.

I don't care if he even commits to LSU,  I won't believe he is going anywhere other than Arkansas until he actually signs a LOI with us or another program.

Tomhog™

Relationships are so important, and coach Horton is one of the best at it.  He and Dyer are building a good one.  I'd say it will be hard to pull him from the home school as long as the coaching staff keep doing an excellent job of recruiting him.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Tomhog™ on July 13, 2008, 09:45:15 am
Relationships are so important, and coach Horton is one of the best at it.  He and Dyer are building a good one.  I'd say it will be hard to pull him from the home school as long as the coaching staff keep doing an excellent job of recruiting him.

That's why I laugh when some posters might think their school actually has a shot at an elite recruit in the Fall or Winter prior to NSD that they have never really been on.

Recruiting elite prospects starts during their sophomore year. If your coaching staff hasn't developed a good relationship by the time NSD rolls around during their Junior year then you have no shot at getting that prospect to your school.

The_Champ

I figure Dyer wants to stay close to home. He has a huge family in North Little Rock

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

Porkatarian

Quote from: BigSexyHog on July 12, 2008, 11:52:16 pm

Bigsexy, I've seen them both play at the highschool level.   While McFadden was the best RB I've seen in a Razorbacks uniform, I'd have to say that young Mr. Dyer was better as a highschool soph.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

NWAREDBUG

Not even close.

The only reason he has is because he doesn't wear a Greenwood uniform, if he was a Bulldog "ole RD" wouldn't shut up about how good he is.. Take these comment from him and throw them out the window.

I believe Dyer is being recruited in the right way by this staff and he does have a interest and a growing relation with Coach Horton.. He just isn't ready to make a discision

Wes Craven

July 13, 2008, 11:39:54 am #24 Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 11:43:22 am by Wes Craven
Not even close.

You are far from right here RD. Dyer is one of the most physically talented athletes I have EVER seen at the high school level. Anyone who rushes for nearly 1,000 yards as a freshman in the 5A West and follows it up with nearly 2,800 yards as a sophomore has to be considered elite. Not to mention EA Sports named him their National Sophomore of the Year. Michael is a special player. While no one knows if he will ever reach DMAC status he is more heralded at this point in his career. Much more heralded.

Razorvet

A weapon like that in Petrinos offense... Oh MY...

FBPLAYER65

Matt Jones was average at best. I hope Dyer is better than him.

flagstaffhog

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on July 13, 2008, 01:14:07 pm

I sure wouldn't consider MJ average at best. (as a razorback)
Who, in your opinion, would be above average?
Go HOGS Go!

The Realist

Anyone who thinks this kid isn't legit needs to watch his rivals videos.  Noel Devine-esque
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

jgphillips3

A lot can happen between now and the day he signs a LOI.  However, if this kid doesn't get hurt he is absolutely a high level D-1 player and a potential difference maker on a team.  Everything I hear or read seems to say that he has always liked LSU, but has grown more and more interested in the Razorbacks.  I think this is a two-horse race
for the kid. 

I think the thing that will make or break this kid's decision is what kind of product actually hits the field this year and next.  If Petrino puts together a promising package and it is obvious we are seriously committed to taking a spot in the big time, I would say we have an excellent chance with the kid the way Horton has built a relationship with him to this point.  If, however, the football team collapses this year and starts off bad next year, might be a tough sell. 

Razorvet

Mallet, Curtis, Adams, Dyer..... Oh Man I have such a big smile right now. If only we could amass this kind of talnt on defense.

jpenrod1

I was also glad to hear Barlow say Arkansas is at the top of his list.

COCHISE

Quote from: Razorvet on July 13, 2008, 03:55:41 pm
Mallet, Curtis, Adams, Dyer..... Oh Man I have such a big smile right now. If only we could amass this kind of talnt on defense.
Good sounding group, I'm not sure Mallet and Dyer would ever get a chance to play together though.

jpenrod1

Quote from: 870 RZR on July 13, 2008, 06:32:04 pm
Good sounding group, I'm not sure Mallet and Dyer would ever get a chance to play together though.

They should play 2 years together, should they not? Mallet redshirts this year while Dyer is a JR. Mallet is a soph while Dyer is a Senior. Then they would play together Mallet's JR and Senior year.

southeasthog

Quote from: jpenrod1 on July 13, 2008, 07:28:17 pm
They should play 2 years together, should they not? Mallet redshirts this year while Dyer is a JR. Mallet is a soph while Dyer is a Senior. Then they would play together Mallet's JR and Senior year.
If Mallet has a big Sophmore year, there is a good chance he would enter the draft is what 870 RZR is saying.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on July 13, 2008, 01:14:07 pm
One of the few times I agree with you.  All people remember about MJ is the 2/3 highlight runs every game.  What about the fact that he was totally careless with the football, that he never worked to improve at the UofA, that he barely practiced, that we could never even begin to establish a passing game with him at QB.  It's crazy that there was a starting NFL caliber QB and WR on that team - and we had zero passing... 

The Hog

He has his own website and is advertising.  Not sure but I say he is open.  This will have to play out but I like our chances with Horton handling the recruiting.

Got the link off an earlier post that is now in the trash can due to a little arguing.  Site posted by wrs001.
http://michaeldyer5.com/Home.html
Automatic RUN!

Dances With Hogs

So Ark is not good enough?
Quote from: hogfan0307 on July 12, 2008, 08:33:49 am

Dances With Hogs

Just a question, why would anyone get excited about a recruit committing early when so many change their minds or other coaches change them.

Tammany Tom

July 13, 2008, 08:54:21 pm #39 Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 08:56:48 pm by Tammany Tom
Quote from: Dances With Hogs on July 13, 2008, 08:48:52 pm
Just a question, why would anyone get excited about a recruit committing early when so many change their minds or other coaches change them.

I've been following recruiting for a long time. While it seems that a lot of prospects change their mind after commiting, in reality very few actually do. Around 90% of all prospects sign with the team that they originally commit to.

cbjagman

I truly believe that based on what I've seen and heard that Micheal will likely go to the Hogs. While it's certainly a LONG ways before he can even sign, it appears that he has, and will likely continue to develop, a strong relationship with the coaching staff, particularly Tim Horton.

farmhawg

July 14, 2008, 05:33:21 pm #41 Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 05:38:30 pm by farmhawg
Quote from: jpenrod1 on July 13, 2008, 06:30:05 pm
I was also glad to hear Barlow say Arkansas is at the top of his list.
I thought Barlow said Kansas was at the top of his list?

Sorry, just spotted it on another thread.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

1longshot

Quote from: NWAREDBUG on July 13, 2008, 10:18:07 am
The only reason he has is because he doesn't wear a Greenwood uniform, if he was a Bulldog "ole RD" wouldn't shut up about how good he is.. Take these comment from him and throw them out the window.

I believe Dyer is being recruited in the right way by this staff and he does have a interest and a growing relation with Coach Horton.. He just isn't ready to make a discision

i don't believe the tonal structure of his statement was either negative or postitive about the current recruit he just stated that the listed and the mentioned were not close i believe dyer needs to learn quickly what it means to play to the whistle if he does that he could exceed either of the mentioned till then he couldn't touch either

(note my statement refers to the tendency to coast the final 15-20 yards)

The_Hill

July 14, 2008, 06:53:47 pm #43 Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 06:55:46 pm by The_Hill
Quote from: 1longshot on July 14, 2008, 06:39:55 pm
i don't believe the tonal structure of his statement was either negative or postitive about the current recruit he just stated that the listed and the mentioned were not close i believe dyer needs to learn quickly what it means to play to the whistle if he does that he could exceed either of the mentioned till then he couldn't touch either

How can you denote tone from a post on a message board? Given RD's history on this and other boards I would wager that he meant that negatively, given he is somewhat of a Greenwood homer.
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

Wes Craven

Quote from: 1longshot on July 14, 2008, 06:39:55 pm

You must not watch much football. EVERY running back in America slows down at the goal line. Would you rather him run into the tunnel like Forest Gump in the movie?

Click this link...put your hand over your mouth and talk no more.

http://www.michaeldyer5.com/Video.html

The Realist

D-Mac coasted all the time.  He would look behind him and then shut it down. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

deshahawg

Horton has and will continue to do wonders for us recruiting.

1longshot

because i know him and have talked to him numerous times and i know that he does respect the kids achievements as far as the homer comment that i believe is off base he usually is more than willing to point to the weakness or need for improvement just as quickly as the strength

Tomhog™

I hope he doesn't commit this early.  I don't like the idea of committing 1.5 years before Signing Day.  So much can and will happen btw now and then.  I want Dyer to take his visits and sign with the school he really wants to sign with.  Hopefully, that school will be Arkansas.

1longshot

second but until then it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he were calling every recruit in the country singing the fight song