Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breaking News: Hopkins files an appeal on the fight...

Started by Amityvillehogger, July 20, 2005, 02:19:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Amityvillehogger

July 20, 2005, 02:19:06 pm Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 02:27:47 pm by Amityvillehogger
just read it on the breaking news part to the bottom right on espnews.  Sucker is a sore loser.  He just got attached to that belt i guess :D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

WindyCityHog

I guess we'll have to pay an additional $25 for the PPV.....they're really going all out for the rematch...

3kgthog

He must enjoy wasting his time as well as the time of others. Boxing is better off having a champ that fights for 12 rounds instead of 4.

Hoggysoprano

This is typical of guys like Hopkins, I would put him in the same class as guys like OJ, Toby, Michael Irvin, Randy Moss, Allen Iverson and Ray Caruth. Oh I need to add Barry Bonds to that list.

Bomis Hawg

He said on Rome yesterday that he asked (or they did it on their own) were looking into the fight.  Now, I guess he wants to make more noise for the rematch, since he isn't the champion.  It's all about buy rates, guys.

Amityvillehogger

you guys think this will affect the judges that do the rematch? Hopkins appealing?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Amityvillehogger

they said jermain will be on around something like 4 oclock central.  Hope he stays calm and smooth.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

HornetHog

Hype for the rematch

not suprising though................."Ain't nobody from ARKANSAS gonna com'o'her and whip my Philly ass"...uh excuse me...how's it feel now...brotha? 
Prediction...there will be a rematch and the whippin will only get worse.  Taylor had the unknown going into fighting a long itme champion..."do I really have what it takes"... now with the belt..the pressure is really off. Gonna be a real whippin now.....philly cheese steak
Former Hog QB / National Private QB Coach QBFarm.com / Varsity HS Football Coach / Hog Fan since birth

BushHawg

I was looking at the official scorecard earlier today at: http://www.fightnews.com/taylor_hopkins_scorecard.jpg

Jerry Roth is the only official who didn't score the fight 115-113.  He scored it 116-112.  He gave Hopkins the 3rd-5th rounds.  He gave Hopkins 8 out of 12 rounds.

The other two gave Hopkins 5 out of 12.

What fight was this guy watching? Everyone is jumping on Ford because he gave Taylor the 12th but the 12th was a lot closer than 3-5 that were clearly in favor of Taylor.
"I love cats...I just can't eat a whole one"

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: BushHawg on July 20, 2005, 03:25:11 pm
I was looking at the official scorecard earlier today at: http://www.fightnews.com/taylor_hopkins_scorecard.jpg

Jerry Roth is the only official who didn't score the fight 115-113. He scored it 116-112. He gave Hopkins the 3rd-5th rounds. He gave Hopkins 8 out of 12 rounds.

What fight was this guy watching? Everyone is jumping on Ford because he gave Taylor the 12th but the 12th was a lot closer than 3-5 that were clearly in favor of Taylor.

Yeah you are right, it should of been a unanimous decision.

Jim Harris

Quote from: BushHawg on July 20, 2005, 03:25:11 pm

Jerry Roth is the only official who didn't score the fight 115-113. He scored it 116-112. He gave Hopkins the 3rd-5th rounds. He gave Hopkins 8 out of 12 rounds.

if anyone's card should be called into question, it's Jerry Roth's. Maybe someone should look into his previous 100 fights he's judged. Of course, he was sitting at an angle that I didn't have. Maybe he DID see a different fight. I just know I saw Jermain win seven rounds, and Hopkins didn't even [CENSORED] fight the third round and the fifth was no more than a draw by even the most subjective of standards. Anybody seeing the fifth round as Hopkins' is a Hopkins homer, the Rick Schaeffer of boxing judges.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

BushHawg

I'll give Hopkins the 7th, 9th, and 10th.  I've watched the replay a bunch of times and both the 11th and 12th could have been draws.  Give those to Hopkins and he still only wins 5 of 12 rounds.
"I love cats...I just can't eat a whole one"

Amityvillehogger

yeah that was pretty nasty. 15 stitches.  hmm maybe a Christmas day boxing match.  Give Hopkins a real present rapped in red leather with knuckles behind it.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Biggus Piggus

Hopkins is a big [CENSORED].  What a crappy thing to do.  He was all set on the way he wanted to go out, win this one then move up and fight Roy Jones again.  Waaaaa.
[CENSORED]!

Amityvillehogger

Jermain is very nervous.  He told Benard to quit crying and take his loss like a man.  He was a little cocky, but he does have the belt now.  He said he will be a totally different fighter this time around.  He said he was gonna beat him again, and he would whine about it the next time too.  Good interview.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

toshortrock

what u expect from a loser,,hopkins stunk it up,,,,,,
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

ReturnToDynasty?

July 20, 2005, 04:23:38 pm #17 Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 04:25:21 pm by ReturnToDynasty?
Bernard Hopkins (and others like him) is the reason why I don't give boxing credence.  Violent, uneducated criminals.  Thanks to people like Middleweight Champion Jermaine Taylor, hope is restored to the sport. 

Sbrokeski

I also heard that interview on Rome and the previous week's interview before the fight.  He sounds like a class act and a fresh of breath air when it comes to the typical athlete today.  I wouldn't put him in the same class as the T.O.'s and AI's.  He is definitely convinced that he did win the fight however.  I didn't see it so I can't comment.  The psyche of a boxer is unlike any other kind of athlete, never predictable.

Bomis Hawg

You could tell that Jermain wouldn't to have a little more edge and attitude in this interview.  For those guys who say great boxers can't be good guys, I guess he thought to add that, or was coached a little bit.  You could still see the "nice guy image" come through. 

Still, he's the champ now and deserves to be a little high on himself.  The rematch will be even better.

Patch

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on July 20, 2005, 04:20:38 pm
Jermain is very nervous. He told Benard to quit crying and take his loss like a man. He was a little cocky, but he does have the belt now. He said he will be a totally different fighter this time around. He said he was gonna beat him again, and he would whine about it the next time too. Good interview.

I agree. I also think Brian Kenny, the ESPN anchor is a [CENSORED]. His last remark before the interview is over. "By the way Jermain, I thought Hopkins won the 12th convincingly" Don't expound upon Hopkins dirty tactics or other rounds that were given to Hopkins that Taylor clearly won. Idiot.