Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THUG LIFE

Started by rricha, July 19, 2005, 08:54:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rricha

IF SO MANY OF THESE SUPERSTAR BALL PLAYERS ARE CONSIDERED THUGS WHY DO THE COLLEGE RECRUITERS BEAT DOWN THEIR PROJECT DOORS TO SIGN THEM.  IN REALITY A FEW MAY BE MISGUIDED AND TROUBLED.  MOST COME FROM SINGLE PARENT HOUSEHOLDS  WITH NO STRONG MALE FIGURE.  WE ALL NEED TO ASK JIMMY THE GREEK TO FIND THE TRUTH.  WHY DON'T COACHES GET RID OF THESE SO CALLED THUGS THAT PRODUCE.  YET THEY GET RID OF SOME THAT CAUSE FEW PROBLEMS LIKE THE OFFENSIVE LINEMAN WHO WAS DISMISSED FROM THE TEAM IN EARLY  JUNE.   ALL OF THIS GOES BACK TO THE ROMAN DAYS WHEN THE STRONGEST GLADITORS WERE GIVEN PRIVILEGES.  PEOPLE CROWDED INTO ARENAS TO SEE  WHO WOULD SURVIVE AND WE CHEERED THE WINNERS.  SO COACHES WANT WINNERS AND THEY WILL KEEP THE BAD  A-- RUNNINGBACK WHO IS A SORRY PERSON IN ORDER TO WIN. I KNOW THIS DOES NOT MAKE TO MUCH SENSE BUT HECK I WROTE IT ANYWAY.

I'M EMBARRASSED

The O-lineman that was dismissed earlier wasn't the classiest of individuals.  He had his indiscretions too.  He never went to class (I had a class with him).  He acted like a thug (I observed this several times at the baseball games).  This is my personal opinion, and much like yours, it may not matter to anyone.  However, he wasn't cutting it and had an ego to go along with his lack of discipline. 

Why bring in thugs?  Many of them produce.  Lawrence Phillips (Nebraska), Kareem Abdul-Jabar (LSU running back), among many more, were players who were star athletes that were given slack in their off the field actions.  As sad as it is to say it, the University of Arkansas is no different than any other school who's players are given illegal contributions or benefits.  Near the end of this semester, Vincent Hunter walked into class and was talking to one of the females who sat by me.  She asked him if he was going to pass, and what his average was in the class.  He said that it was a 22%.  I heard this with my own ears.  She asked how he was going to pass the class, and he stated that, "he said that he would work with me."  Now, that doesn't mean that he gave him the grade, but I find it hard to believe that someone can bring their grade up from a 22% to a 70% with two weeks left in school.

Fletch

The thug and the thug that can win you games are not the same thug, I guess. (as long as we are not making any sense.)
I feel like $100

Buck Ocean

QuoteIF SO MANY OF THESE SUPERSTAR BALL PLAYERS ARE CONSIDERED THUGS WHY DO THE COLLEGE RECRUITERS BEAT DOWN THEIR PROJECT DOORS TO SIGN THEM.  IN REALITY A FEW MAY BE MISGUIDED AND TROUBLED.  MOST COME FROM SINGLE PARENT HOUSEHOLDS  WITH NO STRONG MALE FIGURE.  WE ALL NEED TO ASK JIMMY THE GREEK TO FIND THE TRUTH.  WHY DON'T COACHES GET RID OF THESE SO CALLED THUGS THAT PRODUCE.  YET THEY GET RID OF SOME THAT CAUSE FEW PROBLEMS LIKE THE OFFENSIVE LINEMAN WHO WAS DISMISSED FROM THE TEAM IN EARLY  JUNE.   ALL OF THIS GOES BACK TO THE ROMAN DAYS WHEN THE STRONGEST GLADITORS WERE GIVEN PRIVILEGES.  PEOPLE CROWDED INTO ARENAS TO SEE  WHO WOULD SURVIVE AND WE CHEERED THE WINNERS.  SO COACHES WANT WINNERS AND THEY WILL KEEP THE BAD  A-- RUNNINGBACK WHO IS A SORRY PERSON IN ORDER TO WIN. I KNOW THIS DOES NOT MAKE TO MUCH SENSE BUT HECK I WROTE IT ANYWAY.

Ok...let it all out, let it all out.....take a hit off the blunt, and stop worryin about whats going on out there.  It makin you go bananas.  Now tune in to Pressrow.
Think like a Jedi

Bomis Hawg

If a thug can get Arkansas an extra 1-2 wins, then I'll pass.  It's not worth it.  Ask Ohio State.  A thug ran the ball for them, a soft thug.  Look at the backlash that caused.  Yeah, they won a national title.  Had they not, it would've been horrific.

I think you mean the Kareem (spelled different, forget how) Abdul-Jabaar went to UCLA.  He was a tailback in the late 90s, pre-Deshaun Foster.  Funny real name though, if you can find it.

It's not worth it to bring in someone who can drag the name of the school in the dirt.

rricha

HE WASN'T PRODUCING ON THE FIELD IF HE HAD BEEN A SHAWN ANDREWS WITH THE SAME KIND OF ATTITUDE HE WOULD BE GONE.   I  REMEMBER BACK IN THE SUMMER OF 1982 ABOUT SIX OF MY TEAM MATES BROKE INTO THE BROYLES COMLPEX AND ENTERED THE EQUIPMENT ROOM AND STOLE SEVERAL THINGS.   THERE WERE STARTERS AND GUESS WHO GOT BOOTED AND NOTHING WQAS EVER SAID AGAIN.   WERE THEY THUGS NOT BY A LONG SHOT.

Fletch

I apologize. I should have thought of a more appropriate descriptive word.
I feel like $100

rricha

FLETCH EVERYTHING IS  COOL  JUST A FEW WILL GET BENT OUT OF  SHAPE ABOUT IT.   WE ALL WANT WINNERS BUT SOMETIMES THERE IS A PRICE ASK THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI

Amityvillehogger

stop screaming ;D just kidding
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

RebelliousHog

Jeez, man, take chill pil. I feel like my high school principal just gave me an ass-chewing.l
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Biggus Piggus

I don't believe we're in a good position here to go handing out thug labels.
[CENSORED]!

Boared

What's up with the ALL CAPS?

DirkPiggler

Quote from: rricha on July 20, 2005, 06:00:23 am
YOU TAKE THIS SH-- TO HEART DON'T YOU AS FOR A COMPLETE MORON I DON'T SO. IF COACHES STOPPED RECRUITING THESE UNDESIRABLE TYPE OF PLAYERS WE WOULD NOT BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION.

Like it or not, coaches keep their jobs solely because of wins and losses, no matter what Myles Brand or John White might tell you.  If our coaches stopped recruiting character risks with ability and other SEC schools didn't, chances are we'd lose and the coaches would be out the door.  It's kind of like the D rule.  You have to clean up everybody or nobody's going to be clean.
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

JJHog

Pressure to win plays a big part, especially if you are trying to build a program.

The temptation is there to take the stud that has questionable character because he can help you win quicker. OU and Switzer took anybody that was fast regardless of their character. That may last for a while, but it always comes back to bite you. I think HDN has learned his lesson, it's just not worth it to gamble on some of these guys, they will let you down.

Everyone deserves a second chance, but you have use your brain when deciding to recruit some of the questionable kids.
" Think Right, Do Right"

Hoggysoprano

There is nothing wrong with having a few "Thugs" on your team.  Any really good team has a few.  We've had them in the past, and we'll for sure have a few more in the future.