Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Summer workouts, anyone

Started by PigPusher, July 19, 2005, 10:07:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PigPusher

Has anyone been to any of the workouts since the break?   Any news on Roberts progression?
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

PigMan

Just read a report on another board that Robert appears to have pulled ahead a little more.   Not surprisng...

PigMan

london that and other spicy bits of information is what we're seeking.

PigMan

As a long time Hog follower I can't accept that for this season as much has changed. Its easy to be negative rather than finding and noting things that are positive about our team.  Many are going to be very pleased with the changed made this summer and it will be reflected in improved more inspired play.

USC?  Bring them on. Coach Nutt loves tough games as does Coach Herring.

Biggus Piggus

It has bugged me, PigMan, that we heard in the summer of 2003 that the team was rededicated to summer workouts.  Focus better than ever.  That seemed to help right up until October.  In the summer of 2004, we heard that the '03 group really wasn't all on the same page, but this time it was different.  And now this summer we hear that the players have acknowledged last summer was not really very good at all.  NOW they know how to work.  Who knows what to think.  An injection of fresh coaching blood and ideas has to be a good thing.  Talent level will decide a lot, though.  I hope there's real competition for PT.  Across the board.
[CENSORED]!

Hog6

Quote from: PigMan on July 19, 2005, 08:12:13 pm
As a long time Hog follower I can't accept that for this season as much has changed. Its easy to be negative rather than finding and noting things that are positive about our team.  Many are going to be very pleased with the changed made this summer and it will be reflected in improved more inspired play.

USC?  Bring them on. Coach Nutt loves tough games as does Coach Herring.

I agree.  That's why I'm going to LA on Sept 17.  I believe it will be a game.  Believe, believe, believe.  Hmmmmmmm, hmmmmmm, hmmmmm. (chants, etc)  Yes, it might be a long night but I will be there, proud to be from Arkansas and a Hog at heart.

PigMan

July 19, 2005, 09:37:18 pm #6 Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 09:39:18 pm by PigMan
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 19, 2005, 08:43:56 pm
It has bugged me, PigMan, that we heard in the summer of 2003 that the team was rededicated to summer workouts. Focus better than ever. That seemed to help right up until October. In the summer of 2004, we heard that the '03 group really wasn't all on the same page, but this time it was different. And now this summer we hear that the players have acknowledged last summer was not really very good at all. NOW they know how to work. Who knows what to think. An injection of fresh coaching blood and ideas has to be a good thing. Talent level will decide a lot, though. I hope there's real competition for PT. Across the board.

I hear you buddy and it is very easy to get discouraged, but in my mind we do in fact have some different aspects of our situation that lend themselves to increased optimism.  Number one, and I have nothing against the man, we do not have matt. I believe this is going to help with our consistency in that we do now have coachable QB's who want to use the team to win.  This in itself should make a big difference as a team is not founded on the exploits of one man doing his own thing.  The other big thing is our defensive situation. I do not know whether you know this or not but we won all the bacon in 64 largely based on the strength of the defense.  Coach Herring is a man that will be able to kick the defense into shape and we will see a different team this year.  When he accomplishes his goals we are going to be enjoying Hog football more often than in the recent past.   

rricha

HOW IS FRED BLEDSOE DOING. IS FREDDIE FAIRCHILD ON CAMPUS YET

Biggus Piggus

Fairchild is on campus, Bledsoe is still working to lose weight.  It will be very interesting to see whether Herring selects starters who can carry out assignments without a lot of busts, or whether he plays young guys with more physical talent but maybe are not very far up the learning curve.
[CENSORED]!

rricha

IF THEY COME TO CAMPUS IN GOOD  SHAPE AND CAN RUN AND GET TO THE BALL THEY WILL PLAY.   YOUNG GUYS ARE LEARNING ON THE RUN AND WILL NEED TO FIGHT THROUGH MISTAKES.  A GOOD COACH KNOWS WHO HE HAS IN THE GAME AND WILL MODIFLY HIS GAME PLAN ACCORDINGLY.   THE SWARM WILL BE BACK IN 2005

HogFansReunited

Quote from: rricha on July 19, 2005, 10:03:07 pm
IF THEY COME TO CAMPUS IN GOOD SHAPE AND CAN RUN AND GET TO THE BALL THEY WILL PLAY. YOUNG GUYS ARE LEARNING ON THE RUN AND WILL NEED TO FIGHT THROUGH MISTAKES. A GOOD COACH KNOWS WHO HE HAS IN THE GAME AND WILL MODIFLY HIS GAME PLAN ACCORDINGLY. THE SWARM WILL BE BACK IN 2005

I hope you are right.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

JIHawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 19, 2005, 08:43:56 pm
It has bugged me, PigMan, that we heard in the summer of 2003 that the team was rededicated to summer workouts. Focus better than ever. That seemed to help right up until October. In the summer of 2004, we heard that the '03 group really wasn't all on the same page, but this time it was different. And now this summer we hear that the players have acknowledged last summer was not really very good at all. NOW they know how to work. Who knows what to think. An injection of fresh coaching blood and ideas has to be a good thing. Talent level will decide a lot, though. I hope there's real competition for PT. Across the board.

The fact is, from day one, the players have thought that Nutt was not near as hard as Ford, and that Nutt is not near the task master of summer workouts that he would have us believe.  I was hoping that Herring would change that, and maybe he has.  But the info that I have gathered over the years is that it's pretty easy for the players to fake it, mail it in, not really work very hard in the summer under Nutt.   I don't know if it's true, but the results sure seem to bear that out in October.  Maybe Herring will change all that.  We'll see.

PigMan

Its going to be very interesting watching it unfold....

Hollywood_HOGan

July 20, 2005, 09:16:29 am #14 Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 09:19:10 am by Hollywood_HOGan
Quote from: Amityvillehogger on July 19, 2005, 11:25:08 pm
me too, definitely

Good to see somebody showing off their Magnolia, Arkansas pride.

Did you graduate from SAU?