Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Home court advantage..

Started by jschulte, March 22, 2008, 03:42:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jschulte

I know the game is so close to UNC... but every person not an UNC fan will be rooting against them (regardless of them being for arkansas). See Duke game on now.  Do you think it will still be highly outnumbered for UNC?

40MINSOFHELL

ACC Sucks, but the tournament had to atleast give one acc team an advantage

HotlantaHog

YES! 80 percent to 85 percent of the fans at the Friday night game were wearning Carolina blue. ... The home court advantage will be huge. ... Wish there were more Arkansas and for that matter Georgetown and Davidson fans here. Only Davidson has a sizable group of fans of the nonCarolina teams.

BloodRedHog

How could UNC fans obtain 85% of the tickets available?
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

mj4president

Quote from: jschulte on March 22, 2008, 03:42:01 pm
I know the game is so close to UNC... but every person not an UNC fan will be rooting against them (regardless of them being for arkansas). See Duke game on now.  Do you think it will still be highly outnumbered for UNC?

UNC fans travel well. Basketball is all they have. Also, it is 30 minutes away from campus. Yes it would be like having the game in Fort Smith for us. It's about 30 minutes away from campus. Osama Bin Laden would have a hard time being found if he were wearing BABY blue.

Hogs Win anyway. Kinda like the LSWHO football game. A nice small Arkansas crowd cheering while you have thousands of others in complete shock.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: jschulte on March 22, 2008, 03:42:01 pm

That is like saying Alabama fans will cheer on Auburn if they played OOC team at Alabama's almamater. The guys I have talked to root against Auburn at all costs no matter who they play. That my friend is true hate for your rivalry. Auburn fans I have spoken to feel the same way.

If UNC is playing in their home state which they are you better believe every UNC fan bought a ticket to this game. They will outnumber Arkansas fans ten fold.

HOGSWEAT

Quote from: HotlantaHog on March 22, 2008, 04:58:27 pm
YES! 80 percent to 85 percent of the fans at the Friday night game were wearning Carolina blue. ... The home court advantage will be huge. ... Wish there were more Arkansas and for that matter Georgetown and Davidson fans here. Only Davidson has a sizable group of fans of the nonCarolina teams.

That might have something to do with Davidson being in Carolina... haha

HotlantaHog

Quote from: AR Taco04 on March 22, 2008, 05:50:07 pm
That might have something to do with Davidson being in Carolina... haha
True enough. It is a three-hour drive.

ncrzrbk01

It will definitely be to our advantage if we can come out strong early and work to keep the crowd out of it.  We have a fairly small, though no doubt vocal, group of Hog fans in the stands.  In my opinion, last night's atmosphere was incredibly quiet. UNC fans were understandably bored and only cheered for dunks and when the subs came in to play.  Indiana and Arkansas both had small followings and most everyone else who stayed to watch kept quiet.

My guess is that Davidson fans will also root for UNC, given that they are both NC schools and have no rivalry.  Georgetown fans may lend us some support.  Truth of the matter is, we have a slew of people who have jumped on the bandwagon since last night's win...every Duke, NC State, and otherwise anti-Carolina fan out there...unfortunately, they won't be in the RBC center when the ball is tipped!

jbcarol

Ken Pomeroy‏Verified account @kenpomeroy 7h7 hours ago

Home-court advantage (or average home-scoring advantage) in conference regular-season games.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net